[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEM hate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: 1486826105666.jpg (26KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1486826105666.jpg
26KB, 396x385px
STEM hate thread.

Give me you shitty stories about the "only way to be successful in life" bullshit
>>
>>34794618
why hate STEM bro?

its just a subject. i dont hate other subjects or think of anyone else as lesser :/ just do your best in whatever you do, and hopefully you make it to a good place in life.

goodluck anon.
>>
>it's a first year STEM student falseflags as somebody who hates STEM thread
why do this OP, artfags already know they're dirt
>>
>be STEM major
>it's great
>love what i study
>peers awesome
>thousands of job openings
>6 figure salary within 5 years of graduating highly likely
>laugh at business major friends

did i do it right?
>>
File: hydrogen orbitals.jpg (106KB, 1101x725px) Image search: [Google]
hydrogen orbitals.jpg
106KB, 1101x725px
>>34794618
If you're not studying physics or math, you're wasting your life doing nothing meaningful.

Physics is the only meaningful field of research and study. Figuring out how the universe works, how it changes, where it came from, that is the only thing we should be pursuing. Mathematics is the tool we use to describe and test it.

Why go your entire life without understanding how the world around you works? Physics is the only thing that truly matters.
>>
>>34795344
I'd rather apply my knowledge to make the universe measurably better. Pure research is admirable, but it's not the only thing.

>t. engineer
>>
File: rocketengine.jpg (163KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
rocketengine.jpg
163KB, 1024x667px
>>34795431
What kind of meaningful thing do you create? Engineering is just a product of capitalism, which is not real and does not matter.

Engineers matter if they are the "workers" under physicists. Constructing the LHC and rockets etc.
>>
>>34794618
How's that art history degree working out senpai?
Still pushing carts at Walmart for minimum wage?
>>
>>34795344
I'm not a mathematical Platonist, which is to say, I'm not religious enough to study physics.
>>
File: 1486272619164.jpg (62KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486272619164.jpg
62KB, 900x900px
FUCK MATH IT'S MADE ME FEEL STUPID SINCE I WAS A KID. I WAS ALWAYS BEHIND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LEARNING CURVE FOR MATHS. I'M CURRENTLY FAILING IT IN UNI

FUCK MATH WHY DO WE EVEN NEED IT?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34795163
>why hate STEM
That's what brainlets do.
>>
File: nn2yxzFHkQ1uqb95ao1_.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
nn2yxzFHkQ1uqb95ao1_.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>he's a stemfag

enjoy being a lifeless wagecuck
>>
>>34796503
it made you feel stupid because you are stupid lol
>>
>>34796503
>what do we need math for
Literally, and I am not exaggerating, everything
>>34796538
>lifeless
What is having a life, exactly? Engineers can easily make enough money for hedonistic indulgence, if that's what you think matters.
>>
>>34796503
>>34796553
What does it mean if you were better than your peers with middle/early highschool math but then you suddently became worse than everybody else?
>>
File: truepatrician.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
truepatrician.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>34796573
>hedonistic indulgence

everything checks out
>>
I've never liked mathematics despite doing decently in school, and while I was good at most sciences I always liked the humanities more.

I understand that there are people out there who don't agree with me but I don't feel the need to ridicule anyone for the choices they've made. I think that you can't call anything meaningless as long as you're enjoying it, and you can be somewhat successful, STEM or otherwise.
>>
>>34795512
i like chemistry and like being engineer
so Chemical engineer was the choice I made
besides, chemistry is the one that studies the universe too
>>
>>34796503
gid gud
watch videos and practice until getting better
that is literally how everybody learn stuff
>>
>>34796593
You were only capable to basic numeracy and fail at abstraction.
>>
>>34796593
you had easy teachers early on, but were always dumb and now it's showing
>>
Who else /ee/ master race

Going to get a math minor

School is the only thing I enjoy anymore.
>>
>>34796773
Then everyone else would have had the same/better grades than me
>>
>>34796821
not really
some kids are just lazy and change their habit later
>>
>>34796617
>lol he knows some big words and uses them properly in a sentence instead of wasting a paragraph trying to explain the concept
>what a neckbeard loser
>>
>>34795344
I disagree, all science is good except for things like psychology which isn't really science, we need engineering too for our instruments and spacecraft.
>>
I have a liberal arts degree and I'm moderately wealthy and have regular consensual sex
>>
My ex-girlfriend majored in advertising. Two years after graduating, she's making $70,000 per year and is almost done with an MBA from one of the top colleges in the country. She'll probably be over six figures within another couple years.

Meanwhile, I'm almost done with a neuroscience degree and will have to get at least an MS if I ever want to earn any money. I'm probably just going to call it quits and switch my major, even though I'm almost done. No fucking way do I want to work in a lab with a bunch of autists for the rest of my life.

Probably 80% of the guys I've met in upper-level chemistry and biology classes are retards with Messiah complexes. They all think they're the next Nobel Prize winner, talk down to their TAs, and are too autistic to realize they're obnoxious cunts.
>>
File: alpha.jpg (699KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
alpha.jpg
699KB, 2400x2400px
>>34796941
>projecting

save yourself the embarrassment
>>
File: 1486349932739.jpg (104KB, 796x710px) Image search: [Google]
1486349932739.jpg
104KB, 796x710px
>study cs
>six figures starting
>>
>>34797464
>code monkey expects $100,000

Very funny joke
>>
File: 1436247214592.png (82KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
1436247214592.png
82KB, 300x338px
>>34797569
I already got the job anon.
>>
>>34797803
Suuuure you did, I totally believe you
>>
>>34797822
>he couldn't beat pajeet
>>
File: 1484433194441.jpg (208KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
1484433194441.jpg
208KB, 510x624px
>>34794618
>STEM hate thread

Science - hatable
Technology - why??
Engineering - hatable
Mathematics - hatable

no reason why you should hate technology. You're doing technology now. Go into IT and make 90k in 5 years.
>>
>friend finishes CS degree
>gets a job making 55k out of college which is good for my area since real low cost of living
>after 3 years will be a senior developer and be making atleast over 70k

I see no reason to hate. engineers are arogant cucks though.
>>
>>34797907
>make 90k in 5 years.
$18,000 per year isnt very good anon
>>
>tfw always better than everyone in class at maths amd physics
>tfw utter shit at everything else
>went for a random stem degree
>hate it and people there with passion
>drop out
>envy people who study english and get to read interrsting stuff for living
>>
I have no personal problems with stemfags in general but some I've met have carried themselves with an air of superiority which is rather unlikeable. As if doing the jobs normalfags can't devote the time to is worthy of some high praise. Again, I don't speak of all stemfags but a lot I have known are also rather one dimensional in their interests.
>>
>>34797980
>engineers are arogant cucks
I have found that they are 80% arrogant fucks and 20% clinically autistic savants
>>
>>34797999
go slowly, i throw S you
>>
>>34797880
tfw pajeet, im an engineer though, did i break out of the stereotype lads?
>>
>>34798014
>and get to read interrsting stuff for living
Hardly anybody has this as a job.
>>
>>34798058
yeah i know, i was joking, their studies seem very interesting tho
plus they know how to write stuff unlike an autist like me
>>
>>34798037
>I have found that they are 80% arrogant fucks and 20% clinically autistic savants
I'm in an engineering program right now and this is accurate

Those 80% are arrogant and stupid and are usually barely getting by

I hang out with the severely autistic crowd and it's fine until they start sperging out
>>
>>34797999
>$18,000 per year isnt very good anon

silly joke aside, 18k is a lot on mommy/daddy's house.

But realistically, you'll be making 30k as you progress to 90k eventually.
>>
File: 1486721956415.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1486721956415.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>2 year comp science degree
>I'm stem senpai
>55k a year job first year
>fully paid company car
>insurance out my ass
>OT out my ass

Stems great.
>>
I am have a scholarship to a good state school to study computer engineering, but I want to dual major in math. I hate basically all other subjects than just straight math. It just makes sense, I've always been good at it, and normies hate it. I wish that I would actually be able to get a job with a math degree, but at least engineering is still almost entirely math.
>>
My family is pushing me into getting a welding job, and from what I've experienced so far that means I'll be entirely surrounded by people with this mentality.

There was this guy I worked with at a short-lived temp job who apparently sleeps for a few hours in his car and then spends the rest of the day at multiple wagecuck jobs, and I paraphrase "I think I'd be a good husband and father because I work so much and can provide for a family!"

That was one of the most depressing things I've ever heard
>>
File: 1483941198110.png (208KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1483941198110.png
208KB, 5000x5000px
>>34795344
I have a 107 IQ, I can't understand math beyond basic calculus unless I study it like 6 hours a day.
>>
>>34799043
get ritalin dude

The fact that you can understand calculus with 6 hours means there's a hidden einstein in you.
>>
Of course it is nit the only way. The other is to be a female.
>>
>>34799043
>I can't understand math beyond basic calculus
I can barely understand algebra and your bragging about calculus, fucking einstein
>>
>>34798335
This. Everyone says CS is a meme but you can tell that to my 65k job with full benefits I got 2 months after graduating that has yearly raises meaning I will be at six figs within 5 years.
>>
>tfw always admired the sciences but my brain could barely handle high school level math. Took chem my senior year of high school and it kicked my ass (D+) and that is with the teacher liking me and helping me as much as he could.

>would rather go into a trade but parents and grandparents fell for the college meme and demand I go for something. Mainly because my grandparents couldn't bare to tell the people they go to church with that I didn't go to college.

>tfw 2nd year history major. No debt because grandparents are paying but still know its a waste of time

Just kill me now.
>>
If you think a stem degree is the end all be all of setting yourself up for success, you are a fucking retard. You will end up with a bad job making decent money doing complicated stressful work. You could've just done something business related so you could work your way up over the years. Literally every fucking stupid kid gets a stem degree and graduate to be lumped into the sea of untalented, regular, and mind numbingly average engineer drones for some corp.

If you actually want to be successful
>know your area, what jobs exist and how much they pay
>go to a college that has a good program for what you want to do.
>intern and work
>graduate and get a job
>>
>>34795616
Not that guy, but Walmart will give you 50% extra pay just because you have any kind of degree.
>>
>>34799299

There are a few reasons people day CS is a "meme".

* Degree programs at good schools tend to have a huge number of people apply, and most of them flunk out in the first couple of years.

* Some people went to schools where the CS program is under the business school, rather than the engineering school, and basically learned how to manage a windows network; they tend to assume all schools are like their own.

* Some people learned the basics of programming on their own; and feel everyone should learn the way they did,

* Some people in EE programs think that CS lacks rigor; but at my school, CS was basically the digital part of the EE program, with programming and lots of theory of computation added on.
>>
>>34799415
Nope. CS is a meme right now because:
* it is absurdly difficult
* what they teach you hardly is useful in practice (only to pass Google and big-4 entrance tests)
* instead you have to study Java or .NET or whatever stack is demanded in the job market entirely on your own. University professors too lazy to learn the latest stuff.
* still nobody will hire you unless you prove 2 years of professional experience.
* technologies change, so any past effort is good for nothing tomorrow.
* Low wages compared to medicine or finance with as much effort invested studying.
* Ageism
* No female jobmates
* Open spaces, people talking loud, marketing and management shitting on you blatantly.
* Monstruous overtime in startups.
* SW engineering is not an engineering

I could go on and on.
>>
>>34794618
The only way to be successful in life is to maximize whatever talents you have. If you suck at math, you'll always be mediocre at science. If you go into STEM anyway, you're a fuckup.
>>
>>34799651
>Bad at math = bad at science
Is this really true? I always got high marks in science, even with math being my worst subject.
>>
>>34799815
There was a retarded researcher that published a paper about the trapezoidal rule, a basic calculus concept centuries old. You don't have to be an expert but don't be a stupid faggot, and forget about doing anything that's not low tier
>>
>>34799815
Science at the level you need to be to apply it in a meaningful way requires some pretty high level maths.
>>
I should've just become a fucking lawyer.
>>
>>34796687
That's the nicest sentiment I've ever seen on 4chan desu.
>>
>>34799997
I'm a career counselor for high school kids.
>>
>>34800062
I'm deeply sorry
>>
>>34794618
>get math degree
>Don't go to grad school
>no job
Pretty much the same as any other stem, sometimes even cs and engineering. Dunno why you guys would be salty.
>>
Success really depends on you; if your material desires are low you can make quite a lot of money just through saving alone regardless of the job.
>>
>>34800293
I should say my company pays for my accommodation, bills, tax and insurance so I have really no outlay. Everything I make is pure profit.
>>
Engineering and computer science can be pursued for artistic reasons. I am learning programming and mathematics to write video games, for example. All honest professions and many dishonest professions are artistic. Any skilled work is aesthetically pleasing. Also, the pursuits that are traditionally considered "creative," such as music or art design, require a lot of technical and analytical skill in order to operate at a professional level. So, in my opinion, the STEM professions and the creative professions are all aesthetic, skilled, and technical in nature. The only difference as far as I can tell is a greater emphasis on math and technical writing in the STEM fields.
>>
File: 1480905730561.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1480905730561.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
>Go to school for art
>Actually decent
>Im going to be poor for the rest of my existence
>Meet STEM fag
>tell him im artist
>"Wow anon thats so cool I wish I could do something like that :/"

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING STEM SHIT STOP FUCKING MOCKING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>only theoretical pursuits are valid

Yes anon, everything from space exploration to Tesla to your computer has a purely capitalist purpose.

Why do marxists have no brains?
>>
>>34800830
>STOP FUCKING MOCKING ME
I will when you stop mocking yourself
>>
>>34795344
modern physics is pseudoscience
>>
>>34799625

Don't forget about Pajeet and Chang, who will get the job instead of you anyway.
>>
>>34799299
What do you do all at your job, anon? CS seems comfy but I would hate sitting at a desk all day.
>>
>>34799347
>tfw want to be an actor

I wish I was good at math.
>>
>>34795344
>Physics is the only meaningful field of research and study. Figuring out how the universe works, how it changes, where it came from, that is the only thing we should be pursuing.

This, too bad that if your IQ isn't 120+ you're going to either not be smart enough to cut it or have to put too much effort to get good at physics. FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
>>
>>34801040
>t. Brainlet

Thanks for making me look even smarter in comparison.
>>
>>34799625
>* it is absurdly difficult
What part?
>>
>in STEM
>just like everybody else
>all graduates competing for job openings, lowering the pay
>most openings are doomed startups to begin with

At least people who watch Big Bang Theory are impressed
>>
>>34801725
What you're saying is outdated. Most competent companies realized Pajeet tier programming is fucking awful. A big chunk of the tech companies stopped using Chinese/Indian programmers.

As a programmer, have you SEEN Pajeet code? It's an abomination. I'm surprised it even runs.
>>
>>34799625
>no female jobmates
>a bad thing

You're a fucking retard. Working with females is annoying as fuck, they are obnoxious retarded cunts most of the time. Working in itself is stupid, but having female coworkers ? Nah, fuck that.
>>
anyone here 1) a Pajeet, 2) an Electrical / electronic / control systems / communications engineer?
>>
>>34802069
I think over half of google new hires are visas.
I interviewed at a similar company and it was all indian and chinese applicants, except for me.
>>
>>34794618
This thread is now a NEET hate thread
>>
>>34802069
oi basterd bitch. pajeet code is the best code. we put our blood, sweat and poo into it.
>>
>>34802279
Pajero code looks like something a feminist wrote, have you seen that shit man
>>
>>34802302
its not our fault man, its the resources and time-constraints. if we had more resources, and were paid better, we could afford to spend time cleaning it up.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.