[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1229.jpg (57KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1229.jpg
57KB, 728x546px
I remember going to church when I was a kid. I liked the smell of the clean rooms, the silence and the men in white robes.

Im not religios by heart but im not an atheist eather. I thought I might aswell give church a second chans.

One strong reason is because I might meet a cute, innocent girl there but I kinda like the idea of a God and to live with purpose. Be kind to others, karma, forgiveness and such.
>>
No one /religion/ here?
>>
>>34789571
>>34790059
Hey man thats awesome
you know what denomination you're gonna go to?

Also there are tons of church chicks
They are solid 7+
>>
>>34790098
A catholic church

Its the only place besides bars I can think of. And I don't have anyone to go to a bar with.
>>
File: john 3:16.png (322KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
john 3:16.png
322KB, 600x500px
>>34789571
Most Christian girls are really, really lewd from suppressing their urges, but the truly spiritual ones have no interest in worldly romance.
>>
>>34790261
Depends, Catholic yeah, especially latinas, and also baptist churches and stuff
Usually not that bad tho, at least they don't vent those desires on a million chads
>>
>>34790211
Catholic wont let you join communion until you do that thingy they have

but thats good to hear m8
>>
>>34789571
You don't need to believe in some god to live with purpose.
>>
>>34789571
im kinda in the same boat OP. i really want to go to church for some purpose in my life. ive already been praying for 4 years each night now and i want to take it a step further than that.
>>
>>34791104
Do it anon.Sometimes faith and purpose can help us change our lives. I am thinking of starting to pray too. I feel kinda empty as an agnostic/atheist.
>>
God's house is not a whorehouse anon, go for Him or don't go at all
>>
>>34792136
Im way beyond looking for sex at this time. I want to marry and reporoduce like a good christian.
>>
I've got nothing against religious people, but I dislike religion in general and think it just leads to problems.

That said, I was a stoic atheist for about 25 years before I found spirituality, and finding it has probably been the most rewarding thing I've ever done with my life. But I don't think spirituality needs to be an organised event, and even though it's applicable to all of us I think making it an organised event detracts from the personal nature of it.
>>
>>34792199
Marriage and reproduction are irrelevant to a Christ centered life
>>
>>34792294
Ok. You seem to know a lot. What is it all about then?
>>
>>34789571
I'm /religon/ here. If you plan on being a Christian, make sure you don't choose a tiny special snowflake denomination - non-denominational, Catholic, or Eastern Orthodox are the way to go.
>>
>>34792294
Ttue, but there is no reason why you can't have both.
>>
>>34789571
Good for you anon.

For centuries, churches provided a sense of community. You should give it a chance.

Usually they have coffee or something like that after the service, stop by and talk to some of the people there... say you're new. It's very easy to meet people in a church.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 306x480px
>>34790427
Not OP but I can kind of see where he's coming from.

The world is a lonely place, with or without a belief in god. Even if you only half ass believe it, it's nice to have a group of people you can get together with once or twice a week who you know(or who at least pretend to) share similar values.

This doesn't have to be a church necessarily, but I believe spiritual health is also important to overall mind and body health. When I say spiritual health, I basically mean developing a worldview and set of ethics to live by. People use religion a lot because it comes prepackaged. There is so much material out there on how to live your life that for some people it's easier to just read one book and do that stuff.

The thing is that even if you develop this on your own you will still be missing that sense of community that comes with church(which is also something Jesus really stressed). Humans are social creatures and very much take on traits of who they spend the most time around. Hang out around a bunch of lazy bar flies and party bros and even if you don't see yourself as one, spend enough time doing it and you will become one. Spend time at church with charitable and good natured people and you will see this pour into aspects of your life as well.
>>
>>34793229
Sane/10
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.