[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I forget about the sad moments in my life?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1486741224918.png (29KB, 882x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1486741224918.png
29KB, 882x1289px
How do I forget about the sad moments in my life?
>>
File: gZmiT19.jpg (125KB, 556x702px) Image search: [Google]
gZmiT19.jpg
125KB, 556x702px
sometimes forgetting for a few hours is as good as it gets
>>
Make happy ones.
>>
you never will so learn how to turn them into energy to do awesome shit
>>
>>34789337
I agree, but after it is over I remember and it becomes somehow even worse.
>>34789347
I can't...
>>34789360
I tried it and I became more active and started lifting, this way I started to look way better, but after I saw how nobody cares I lost all this "energy".
>>
It's confirmed by psychology that if you actually "try" to forget something you will never forget it. You have to just let it be and flow through you and you will eventually forget it.
>>
you sleep and than you sleep again
>>
>>34789269
Fucking this. I can remember every single sad or negative moment in my life and I am 25. Sometimes I am sad and nervous because of the negative things which happened 4 years ago. I can't even remember one postive thing.
>>
>>34789269

Impossible when your present is sad and your future will continue to be sad.
>>
>>34789643
Hmm, I will try to not care, maybe it will work.
>>34789710
Do you know how sometimes you actually have a pretty good day and you say things like "wow now I am actually pretty happy" but you suddenly fuck up by remembering the sad memories and the whole day is destroyed?
>>34789745
So again. You tell me that by improving myself and making haply memories I can forget about the sad ones. Maybe it will work. Thanks.
>>
>>34789456
You're not going to get far looking for validation from the world. The world is selfish. No one cares. Do it for you. Do it because you may as well make the best of it.
>>
>>34789825
Sadly, I care a lot about what happens around me, what people think of me and if someone is in need.
The worst part is that people are exactly the opposite.
Normies do not even seem normal to me.
It's funny how we call ourselves "robots" when clearly they lack emotions and the care for others.
This will be hard, but I will try my best to be selfish. Thanks.
>>
>>34789269
Create more happy moments.
>>
>>34789269
You don't, you bear your burden and keep moving forward. It is what makes us who we are, it is part of you. Accept the feeling embrace it, entertain it for awhile if you must, then let it pass, as it is the past. Your past, never forget it learn from it.
>>
>>34789269
You don't forget them, you live with them. You integrate them and accept them, for they are the experience in your life. that you can hope to be better when you know you'll be there again.
>>
>>34789269
we remember things that are more memorable obviously

so you just have to make new memories that carry more of a punch than the current memories you dont want to remember.

they'll always be there, but if you can overwrite them with something better then you will far better off.
>>
File: 1484531809549.jpg (51KB, 960x852px) Image search: [Google]
1484531809549.jpg
51KB, 960x852px
>>34789269
You've already posted it, friend.

Don't worry I'm there too.
>>
If depends what type of person you are, but if you're the sort who looks back and never forward then you're stuck in the misery you feel now. I'm much the same way.
>>
File: fnordyfnord.png (853KB, 2399x2399px) Image search: [Google]
fnordyfnord.png
853KB, 2399x2399px
aw hell, i'm sure that i've done plenty of embarrassing and cringy shit that i generally forget about

sometimes i'll recall it idly and half-laugh at myself and forget it again, on a rotating 6-month cycle or so. when i do recall these things its like i take an active effort to treat the memory as though i'm reading an autistic greentext story on 4chan or something; really detach myself from it and try to see how comedic/relatable it would be to autists on here

time's a decent cure m8

and you could also attempt consulting your pineal gland/our Lady Eris
>>
>>34789889
>>34789925
>>34790038
>>34790107
Thank you all for your advice. I will try my best to improve my life based on what you said.
>>34790126
There is always something that pulls me back from suicide. It is the fact that I always say how my life can maybe improve in the future so why give up?
>>34790165
I always like to make plans and look forward, but sadly, I always remember about what happend in the past. All my memories hunt me.
>>34790191
I do similar acts when I remember about cringy moments. Sometimes I have a fake laugh for myself and sometimes I start doing something ASAP just to get it out of my mind.
I like seeing I am not the only one to be in this kind of situation.
>>
File: 1009148869420.png (178KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1009148869420.png
178KB, 400x270px
>>34790232
>Sometimes I have a fake laugh for myself

i think it is important for me to note here that i'm not even generally "faking" a laugh; i'm not trying to falsely invoke humor to quell a bit of the emotional turmoil of re-living an embarrassing or stupid moment

it's an actual laugh, as if i am literally imagining someone else rather than me participating in the embarrassing act. detachment can be a rather risky/dangerous coping mechanism, but it has its uses if concentrated effectively

i'd like to quickly posit that since we are not wholly (or even close generally) rational beings, it is useful to USE this inevitable irrationality in a positive way. to be...rationally using your irrationality, if that makes sense.

don't have too much time left before i've got to finish up work on this 3rd shift, but could i ask how old you are? i'm pretty freshly 25 and while i am rather disappointed at my "progress" in life and certainly have disdain for some of my previous actions (or more likely, INACTION), i can't say that i am usually truly bothered anymore
>>
>>34790405
I am 19. I know this is not a huge deal, as I am young and I can still repair my life, but as much as I try, I still fail.
/r9k/ helped me a lot, I have to say. Being able to talk to other people that know how you feel is amazing.
>>
File: 1478315142370.png (522KB, 944x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478315142370.png
522KB, 944x1600px
>>34790513
aw hell m8, i can recall being 19 pretty vividly and it sounds damned similar to what you've written

good god, you're likely in for an experience above your expectations if you prevent yourself from stagnating now; you're not concrete in your personality or even intelligence yet! unless you sit and rot, you're very likely to be more well-adjusted and capable in the near and far futures.

no need to say it isn't a huge deal; no aspect of nearly anyone's life is "a huge deal" considering the sheer mass of manflesh present on the planet at any given time, much less outside of our wee rock. it's a huge deal to you! believe it or not, some folks on here do enjoy taking a small stake in others lives as well.

as long as you can sift through rather empty rhetoric that is thrown about here and glean useful information, this place won't be unkind to ya.

cheers lad, i'm out. wish ya luck

and maybe you'll check this out for me, even if just for a lark.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/1.php
>>
>>34789269
make goals. make progress towards goals. it's easy
>>
I play videogames and don't leave the house to escape having to think about my life. When shit gets too bad I will sometimes just sleep and hope I wake up and don't remember why I was feeling shitty.
>>
>>34790572
You are right, I have enough time to change my life so I should think ablut doing it.
Thanks, and goodluck at your job.
>>34790605
There is always something pulling me back, not me or my will, but something rather external.
>>34790615
I like playing videogames, but after 4 hours or so it becomes just plain boring, and having almost nothing else to do, I have to find something to do outside my shell. But if you are happy the way you are you should keep it that way.
>>
>>34789269
kill those brain cells with alcohol and mdma
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.