[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High school

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

If you could go back to your high school days what would you do differently?

I would have tried to socialize more, and join more clubs, so fucking lonely now it hurts so much.
>>
>>34789015
I wouldn't have been such a bitch. Letting people walk all over me. I woulda stood up for myself for once.
>>
I would have studied harder and done well in my classes.

>16 years old
>take the ACT
>get a 35 and 33 in the Reading and English sub-sections, respectively
>tfw hit the 99th percentile without even studying
>graduate with a 2.73 GPA because I never studied or did my homework
>had to go to community college for two years before transferring to a somewhat decent state university
>could have gotten a full ride to the University of Michigan if I'd gotten a 3.0 or 3.5 on top of my ACT scores
>could probably have gone to an Ivy League or some shit if I'd bothered to do my work and engage in some extracurricular activities
>am 23 years old now and still haven't finished my first BSc

Jesus fucking Christ. I had so much potential as a kid and I just pissed it away. I thought I was so special and so smart that I'd be able to write a fantastic personal statement and get myself accepted into any college regardless of my grades. I even had the audacity to list Harvard as one of the schools to forward my ACT scores to.

Took two years before I could even get accepted to Michigan State because I'd fucked up in high school so badly.
>>
>>34789015
I would have been more obnoxious
>>
I would have played a sport or something. I always think I could have been a decent baseball player at the high school level. Just enough to be fit and have some friends/teammates.
>>
>>34789015
i probably would of spent less time trying to become an asshole, I went to an all boy school so no pussy to focus on, but I did screw over some good friends cause I was still finding out what I was about. Had I nipped it when it was young, it probably wouldn't of turned me into the raging asshole I am now.
>>
File: book.jpg (225KB, 736x1178px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
225KB, 736x1178px
>>34789015
>If you could go back to your high school days what would you do differently?

Read pic related
>>
I don't know, honestly. I've thought about it before but I can't think of anything I'd do differently. I had a gf for a while and I guess I could have tried to make it work, but I don't think I would have enjoyed being with her in the long run. Other than that my school was kind of shitty and I can't think of some kind of big opportunity there might have been to turn my life around. My worst problems started after high school anyway. I wish I just had a different life.
>>
>>34789015
go straight to the Psychiatrist, easily prove adhd based on entire life of acedemic failure get meds
>>
File: no hope.png (572KB, 451x571px) Image search: [Google]
no hope.png
572KB, 451x571px
>my special ed counselor gave me a application to sweep floors at the Department of fish and game because in our meeting I said I wanted to be a fish and game warden
>tfw was too scared and didn't have a car to get there
>missed out on my dream job at age 16
>now I'm a 27 year old neet

I would have taken that opportunity if I got a second try.
>>
File: cool guy at a graveyard.jpg (96KB, 555x743px) Image search: [Google]
cool guy at a graveyard.jpg
96KB, 555x743px
>>34789363
nobody gives good meds on a first visit anymore. you have to go months worth of ineffective meme meds before you will be considered for anything cool.

damn i miss 2007 when it was the wild west of prescriptions.
>>
>>34789015
I would've dated girls. High school is the last time grils just fall into your lap. Somehow meeting them in college is fucking hard. God I'm lonely.
>>
>>34789131
i was in the same position. except i actually had a 4.0 gpa, just shitty SAT scores. so either way i was fucked. test dates were around the same time i started to feel depressed so i couldnt focus on anything
>>
>quit highschool, get GED
>move to where I really want to live
>>
File: 1478504555640.jpg (161KB, 728x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1478504555640.jpg
161KB, 728x1484px
Nothing. My life was already ruined before high school. College is the only place I could have potentially saved it.
>>
nothing. school was fine, home blew horse dick.
>>
>>34789015
not drop out
>>
I would've have told the girl that liked me back in 10th grade I feel the same way about her and I've have avoided the one fight I got into. Not much else I'd do.
>>
>>34789015
not get expelled for drugs my freshman year

keep excelling in drafting class and get that scholarship to cal poly or some such
>>
>>34789015
i would have gone to the same school that i was for the past 9 years instead of going to some tradeschool with 90% males becuase muh computers, and never actually learn anything, become neet without even finishing the fucking thing and never get that highschool love exp like they do in the animes.

sometimes life just flies by and sometimes you have to think every day how you can never load the savegame for your mistakes that you werent able to see back then.
Im just a human bean afterall.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.