[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>so anon, how's the job search coming along?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

File: pepesweaty.jpg (38KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
pepesweaty.jpg
38KB, 600x568px
>so anon, how's the job search coming along?
>>
Joined the NAVY, so I'm just a neet until my shipment day comes.
>>
>>34781289
i just stopped talking to my parents despite living in the same house. been a month.
>>
Tbh i'm just going to interviews to make it look like i'm trying.
NEET is love NEET is life
>>
>>34781338
Are you the guy who only leaves his room at night when everyone is asleep?
>>
No one has called me back and I'm worried that the gap between employment is growing too big.

Goddammit, I have the certifications and the experience just hire me you bastards.
>>
>>34781347
yes... currently waiting for my nightly voyage.

it's nice to have something to look forward to.
>>
I have a phone interview with my dream job set up for next week. It's crazy how much any positive response from a company improves my mood.
>>
Moving back to Asia again at the end of this month, fuck living here seriously.
>>
>>34781347
That is 100s of robots.
>>
>>34781367
I'm sure you won't get it.
It's just the way of life
>>
>>34781388
Trump is already working his magic I see
>>
>>34781425
I don't live in the USA and I hated my country before I left the first time.
>>
>>34781388
>here
Where?
Original
>>
>>34781437
UK originally
>>
>>34781457
And do you speak Gookish?
>>
>>34781488
Well I lived in Vietnam for a couple of years and learned the language, this time I'm off to Korea. Can highly recommend Vietnam for robots, the country is incredibly cheap so you don't really have to do a lot to survive.
>>
File: 1288242370187.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1288242370187.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
>mfw I realize I've been working since September 2014 at the same place
It was luck that got me in but once I was in everyone loved me because I never want to go back to being an actual neet unless I have total financial independence.
>>
File: IMG_1918.jpg (288KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1918.jpg
288KB, 1024x1024px
I was a NEET for 3 years and then the gubment made me do career training or they'd cut me off.

Long story short I went to truck driving school, got my CDL and have been doing OTR driving for two years now.

I have little to no social interaction with anybody except a shipper or receiver every few days. I'm dispatched through my qualcom so I never actually talk to my dispatcher unless there's a provlem.

My sleeper cab had a tv, small fridge and I have a 4G wireless connector so I can play console games or pc games online or stream stuff.

Plus I'm making about 75k a year as a company driver, owner ops make a lot more but you have to pay for the tractor and insurance.

I'm gonna be driving across the middle of Nevada deserts all night tonight, lonely roads but a comfy tractor.
>>
>>34781520
>the country is incredibly cheap
Doesn't that mean the salary is low?
>>
i have my degree and internship experience but nowhere i apply will take me reeeeeeeee
>>
>>34781289
who /over 25 and never applied for a job/ here
>>
File: 1464921677912.png (203KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1464921677912.png
203KB, 600x503px
>"How's the job search coming? Why do you always have to do this? Why must you always humiliate me like this? Why talk down to me every chance you get? Just talk to me like a human being. You don't talk to anyone else like this. How about we talk about movies or football or politics? huh? You barely know me. All you know is the bullshit you and your kids gossip about. I can't believe you even have the audacity to treat me like this. How about we talk about your druggie daughter and her boyfriend who abuses her? Or how they keep trying to steal the identities of family members? Oh i'm sorry, would that offend you? Would it offend you to bring up an embarrassing personal topic like that? Fuck you, Jeff. Selfish prick. Your whole family are the definition of white trash and YOU should feel fucking ashamed of the way you treated your stepdad. He gave literally everything to your stupid fucks and you squandered it all. I hate you fucking people. The only reason I came here was for Grandma, another person you people treat like shit.
>>
>>34781567
For Vietnamese people generally, yes. For a home qualified teacher - which I was - no. I was earning 3000$pm with my accommodation included and no tax; bare in mind this is in a country where you can live on a couple of $$s a day.
>>
>>34781568
If you're just looking for a quick buck, maybe experience something different, whilst you search for a job/decide on a career - you can always try TEFL; most places just ask for a degree.
>>
>>34781583
>Get shitty job
>step dad starts talking to me
>get fired
>step dad no longer talks to me
>Get dream job
>step dad starts talking to me
>Realize that if two adults can't communicate regardless of their employment status then it isn't worth it
>Show no interest in stepdad's conversation once
>step dad no longer talks to me
>>
>>34781554
This sounds comfy as fuck, 75k is a lot more than I make now

But I fucking hate driving. The roads scare me
>>
>>34781554
what is your favorite thing to listen to while driving?
>>
>>34781602
But did u get veit cong pussy
>>
>>34781289
How do some people actually not find jobs? Like goddamn. I'm 18 and had never had a job until about 4 months ago and I literally got the first job I applied to.

>Move to my grandparents house for college
>Go to hardware store in nearby town
>Submit application
>Interview aquired
>Make myself sound like a hard worker (I actually am)
>Get a recommendation from my cousin who works there already
>Wait a week
>Go back and check in to see what's up and how my interview went
>Wait another week or two
>Get a call for a drug test
>Go take a drug test
>Pass
>Get a call the next day saying I've got the job

Wew that was hard.
>>
I'm 25 and have never had a job. I can't get interviews because of my lack of experience and massive employment gap. My resume is literally my high school diploma and some interests.
>>
>>34782012
So nepotism got you the job.
>>
File: jerber.png (29KB, 670x421px) Image search: [Google]
jerber.png
29KB, 670x421px
>>34781289
>how's the job search coming along
They won't leave me alone!
>>
>>34782076
>Nepotism

My cousin has no real influence at the store. He isn't a manager, just a regular worker.
>>
>>34781774
Ayy originally original
>>
im too scared to get a job

we had to do a mock job interview for a module on my uni course. We prepared 2 answers and then our partner would throw in a random question. It was filmed so the whole class could watch and critique each other.

I cried as soon as I was done, spoke for 2 out of the alloted 10 minutes and didnt turn up for the seminar where we watched each other

Im too fucking scared to apply to jobs and even if i somehow got one id be terrible. Can't handle phone calls, the idea of co-workers and customers, anything

wat do?
>>
>>34781289
I've already got one why do I need another?!
>>
>>34781313
kiss your freedom goodbye
>>
>>34781554
So will you be NEET again when robots took yr jorb?
>>
>>34782120
Not the guy you're responding to, but you can't be this fucking stupid.
>>
>>34782120
That still helps a lot. I've heard of a lot of companies only hiring by employee recommendations rather than at random.
>>
That feel when I get called for interviews but I don't respond.
>>
>>34781554
Fuck that sounds comfy
>>
>>34782059
Work at ups. They hire anyone. Or temp service. People are just lazy to work
>>
>>34781554
Truckers make really good money and have good employment opportunities/security. If only I felt confident in my ability to not kill someone in a big ass 18 wheeler.
>>
>>34781367
Whats your dream job?
>>
>tfw just got turned down for a job today
>>
File: 250px-299Nosepass.png (66KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-299Nosepass.png
66KB, 250x250px
>>34781289
Uhhh... I'm waiting for mom's heart surgery before I do anything that would "stress her out".
>>
File: borealis.png (210KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
borealis.png
210KB, 500x375px
>>34782155
I guess I kind of know this feel. I can barely hack a uni schedule despite it being much more lenient than an actual job, just having to do 9-5 for anything would probably kill me let alone having responsibility and talking to people.

>finished degree
>shat myself about having to get a job
>promised I would apply 'tomorrow' until most of the year had passed
>parents were clearly tired of me being a NEET when I never attempted to use my degree
>panic
>sign up for extra courses to buy time
>end up trying for a master's degree
might sneak in a cheeky PhD attempt before I end it all
>>
>>34782475
researcher/software engineer at a company that really interests me
>>
>>34782012
>Get a recommendation from my cousin who works there already
Too obvious
>>
>>34782012
Also
>hardware store
>drug test
why
>>
>>34781289

I've practically given up.

>Have only held one job
>For a grand total of 7 months
>Wasted three years at community college in a desperate attempt to stall for time/pull off some kind of miracle
>>
>>34783196
>just having to do 9-5 for anything would probably kill me let alone having responsibility and talking to people.
You're literally who should be getting neetbucks.
>>
>>34783378
From what I'm told the only NEETbux available to me involves playing games with a person who persistently hassles you to get a job and even volunteers you for unpaid work placement.
>>
>Be me
> apply to the local meijer
> wear full suit and everything for a 10 $/hr job interview
> manager says im a strong candidate
> will call you next week to let you know
> 1 week rolls around, still waiting for that call

I-i didn't get the job did I ??

Every fucking time I always have a hard time finding a job...why
>>
>>34783328
You seem surprised. Not from the US?
>>
>>34782475
Getting paid to exist.
>>
File: 3ac.jpg (53KB, 562x639px) Image search: [Google]
3ac.jpg
53KB, 562x639px
>>34781289
I have a phone interview next week son
>>
File: BrhjY7J.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BrhjY7J.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
Deciding to either to continue university and get a bachelor's, after that join the Army or Air Force as an officer, try out for law school, try out for a job in my degree, or just say fuck it and go to a trade school

Unrelated but should I watch An America Tale or Little mermaid?
>>
File: pencap[1].jpg (23KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
pencap[1].jpg
23KB, 480x272px
>>34782104
Pen tester?
>>
File: 1481370915537.jpg (7KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
1481370915537.jpg
7KB, 189x266px
>tfw no one has hired me for so long that all of my clothing is now damaged, reducing my chances of getting a job even more significantly
>>
i originally applied to a theatre and mcdonalds but just got to help at a family truck repair place.

i changed some brake shoes today, changed oil, took off a gas tank and stuff like that.

i felt like an idiot when this one trucks back brakes didnt work because apparently i adjusted the slack adjuster the wrong way, ill just let my uncle do that or ask him to watch me next time and see if im doing it right.

the only part of it that i always hate is the occasional event of steering a pickup that wont crank while being pulled in revrse by a fork lift, i suck at it but i can back up a car when its me in control of the gas. every time i do this my uncle is always yelling over the sound of the forklift saying stuff like straighten up or cut it to your right. i just suck at gauging how and where to turn when being pulled in reverse. thinking about it makes me feel like an idiot
>>
>>34781581
How the fuck do your parents put up with you? They'd disown me by that point.
>>
>>34781313
College grad turned neet here.

Convince me to join since I've been sitting in this decision (and my ass) for years now.

Still young enough.
>>
I haven't worked in over 8 months because I just can't bring myself to look for work anymore

Considering I'm 26, I have no college education and I've only ever worked 5 months total in my life (of minimum wage jobs), I should probably kill myself because there's no way I can reenter the workforce ever again.
>>
File: 1476899781654.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1476899781654.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
Just had an interview Thursday. Thought it went really well but then again I always do and never hear back until generic rejection email. I really wanna work for this company too. If there is a God, please give me a break and let me get this one. I feel so fucking hopeless getting rejected time and time again.
>>
>find out a local place is hiring
>there's no work out here so every time anything opens up anywhere they get fucking swamped with applicants
>go in with resume
>"Sorry we're only taking applications online"
>go to their website
>it's down (and stays down for three days)
>finally comes back up
>filling out the application
>it tells me "please enter a number" whenever I fill in the expected hours field
>I am entering a number
>finally accepts that field after half an hour
>but now it suddenly thinks I didn't fill out any other fields
>restart entire application
>click submit when I'm done
>it refreshes the page
>no error message, just refreshes as if there was a problem
>spend another half hour trying to submit my application through this shitty page
>finally goes through
>wake up the next morning
>"Thank you for your interest but the position has been filled"
>>
>>34786374
As someone who was in a similar position 2 years ago, seriously consider it. I almost became an officer and you probably could too. I would have been paid double than what I currently make at my entry-level job.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.