[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Homeschool General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 60489.jpg (94KB, 1000x642px) Image search: [Google]
60489.jpg
94KB, 1000x642px
For all the homeschooled robots out there.

What were your parents/teachers like?

What was your curriculum?

Did you graduate?

Was homeschooling a positive or negative experience for you?
>>
>>34776679
bump

and yes this bump is original you fuckos
>>
my mom did it all with like a few classes in a program for other homeschoolers. she was pretty good at it but by the time I got to grade 8 math I was teaching myself. high school I basically just did online school but half way through grade 11 I just let my studies fall by the wayside so I didn't graduate. now I'm I'm college because the classes i did finish I got good grades. I have my high school diploma too because college courses can be used backwards for double credit. overall I think it was a much better experience than if I'd gone to school because I hate being around people and never wanted to and it would have been way more work and time. I enjoyed the fact I only had to do school for a few hours a day tops and could stay in my pjs and sleep in every day.

it probably continued a lot to my shitty study habits and sleep schedule now but I'm doing fine in college despite having never gone to a "real" school and I think I'm doing better than most of the school drones. I feel like I was allowed to develop into a more interesting and mature person because of it.

I have no trouble making friends, and people like me, I just don't want friends.
>>
>>34777043
I'm glad you had a positive experience. Homeschool can be a good thing for introverted and awkward children who'd end up being socially isolated in public school.

Being able to teach yourself is also a valuable life lesson. Even though my homeschooling was terrible, I also feel like it helped me to develop more fully than I would have in public school.
>>
>>34776679
bumparino againarino originalarino
>>
>>34776679
No other homeschool anons here? Disappointed this thread died so quickly.
>>
>>34777079

What was your experience like, anon?
>>
>>34776679
not me but my strict christian family knew another strict christian family that homeschooled. These guys were the only family I ever met who out-weirded mine. Their youngest son had autism, about the same level as I do, and it was kind of sad how sheltered he was. He was homeschooled and wasn't allowed to know what the "f-word" was. He was 12 or 13 and had no idea the word 'fuck' existed.

I don't know how he turned out, but I've been worried about him.
>>
>>34778531
why do you want to know?

origami origam originalioli

why'd the chicken cross the road

to make this post original
>>
I did nothing for 3 years (high school) and graduated by passing the standarized tests that determine your passing.

I say negative because I didn't learn social skills (I do have autism so it might not have helped anyway) and now that I'm n college I can't even do pre-cal.
>>
>>34778672
Because that's the point of the thread.
>>
File: Strange_1aefbb_6104278.jpg (27KB, 561x421px) Image search: [Google]
Strange_1aefbb_6104278.jpg
27KB, 561x421px
>>34778772
okay, I guess why not.

My parents were crazy christian fundamentalists. So they were physically and emotionally abusive. I got spanked regularily and they'd sometimes threaten to stop loving me if I didn't behave, or cancel my younger sibling's birthday parties to make me feel guilty. And other crazy christian shit like pounding stakes with bible verses written on them and covered with holy oil around our property to keep out demons.

The curriculum was also pretty shit. Eventually I got to do some public school though, and I did realize that I had developed more as a person and knew more things than most students at highschool. I liked public school a lot more than homeschool though. Homeschool isn't always a bad thing, it just depends on the parents.
>>
>>34778896
Ah yeah. I'm sorry to hear that anon. I was a secular homeschooler so the only reasons my parents wanted to homeschool me were to provide me with a more tailor-made education. I hear about the really religious ones and it makes me a bit uneasy. It seems like they homeschool children to PREVENT them from learning certain things, which I believe is the opposite of a healthy homeschooling philosophy.

I'm very fortunately my parents did everything the "right" way and made sure I was in lots of activities and experienced a wide variety of things. I'm also lucky they weren't totally hands off unschoolers. Having to learn how to spell and do math is pretty useful now.
>>
>>34778976
Yes, they mostly homeschooled me because they didn't want me learning about evolution and other secular evil things that would counteract their brainwashing.

Religious based homeschooling is almost always terrible
>>
>>34778708
It's actually better to learn social skills from mature adults than a bunch of other little shits running around on the playground, so the whole socialization thing is a myth desu senpai. It's probably just the autism.
>>
>>34779165
>It's probably just the autism

story of my life
>>
>>34779492
wrong thread buddo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.