[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: OCD.jpg (13KB, 380x252px) Image search: [Google]
OCD.jpg
13KB, 380x252px
Who's have or had OCD here?
How did you get rid of OCD?
>>
>>34774731
I have it, i use the soap two or three times for each wash. i'm retarded
>>
>rub hand sanitize on hands for 15 seconds
>lather hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds
>rinse hands for 15 seconds (or until soap is completely off)
>lather hands with soap and warm water again for 20 seconds
>air dry hands
>dry hands with paper towels, never a used towel

Always sanitize the faucet handles and adjust facet with wrists, never hands.
>>
>>34774731
I used to have OCD as a kid and I honestly don't know how I got rid of it. It doesn't help that my mom is a germaphobe and only encouraged it. I used to wash my hands every time I touched anything and it was an entire ritual that had to be done the same way every time. I also had a rule for touching everything the same number of times with each hand. I remember hyperventilating and completely freaking out when I once threw a stone I only held in one hand. There was of course no chance for me to find it and touch it with the other hand and I had to go home because I couldn't fight the urge to wash my hands off it any longer. I was also blinking, breathing and keeping my posture manually 24/7. If i burped or farted, I had to say sorry even when the house was empty. Needless to say I had no friends because other kids were dirty and I couldn't fathom playing their games.
>>
How does it actually FEEL to have OCD? What happens if you just don't wash your hands? Surely it's not involuntary like sneezing.
>>
File: 43534534.png (937KB, 806x924px) Image search: [Google]
43534534.png
937KB, 806x924px
>>34774731
My OCD throughout middle school and high school manifested itself in the idea that people and objects were trying to invade my brain and try to steal my thoughts and replace with their own inferior abilities. Every time I touched an unfamiliar object (everything from classroom desks to walls to floor tiles etc.) or any person I would have to wipe the spot down or clean it and repeat continuously what I was trying to "preserve" mentally. If I had a bad sensation around objects I would have to find a way to get rid of them, including trashing expensive items, wiping computer files, etc.

Also, if I thought something "incorrect" or I felt that there was a sensation in my brain or in my body of something trying to change it I would have spend hours doing repetitions in my head. The only way I was ever really able to "deal" with it until I was able to eliminate it over the course of a few years was just by sitting in my room as to not come in contact with anything or anyone foreign.
>>
>>34774731

parents would tell me off constantly for double taping or repeating a mantra to myself never took me to the doctor

felt like shit growing, didn't know it was ocd and went to the docs when I turned 18

got put on meds that didn't work

started looking it up on the internet, got really depressed from 20-25

around 24 I was so depressed I had no energy and just stopped doing the compulsions thinking I don't care if anything happens If i didn't check the light switch 14 times or if my hands touched or the many other stupid things I would be compelled to do over the intrusive thoughts

ocd started lifting and im 30 now and don't have any, If I get stressed I sometimes notice it coming back but I think that was because it was habbit for 25 years and not an actual compulsion anymore
>>
>>34775105

impeding doom to you or a loved one

Its different for different people, some people might feel like they may lose control if they don't do it and go wacky slowly.

you are basically getting a constant fear response if something doesn't feel right and people get locked up in their own thoughts of what could happen.
>>
File: le dead grill.png (412KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
le dead grill.png
412KB, 675x900px
>>34774999
>and I honestly don't know how I got rid of it.
Ahhh :(
>>
>>34775105
I Can't explain. ;-;
>>
>>34774731
Don't do the things you compulsively do. Purposely don't do them or do the opposite to piss yourself off. ie: have "dirty" hands, count things to the "wrong" number, etc.

You'll eventually get used to things not being your standard of "perfect" and it goes away.
>>
File: 1 sorrow.jpg (141KB, 800x916px) Image search: [Google]
1 sorrow.jpg
141KB, 800x916px
>TFW went on Luvox
>Constant suffering went away, but so did all of my other emotions

Anyone else know that feel? or lack thereof
>>
>>34775105

Like an itch or tick that doesn't go away unless you do some insane task.
>>
>>34775688
y post the image, had nothing to do with thread...
>pic actually made me sad
>>
>>34775105
An overwhelming sense of mental pain, like whatever is going to happen (In my case, losing social ability, mental capacity, etc.) is happening RIGHT THEN AND YOU NEED TO STOP IT *RIGHT NOW* JUST SHAKE YOUR HAND 5, 10 OR 20 TIMES

It's really awful
>>
>>34774731
Not sure if I have OCD, sounds similar to what I do though

>wash hands probably about a 100 times a day easily
>usually use soap 5 times after going to the bathroom, dry hands, wash again twice after that
>wash hands when I touch the wall, my leg, or any "unclean" area in general
>feel anxious and a tick when I don't, and when stressed out I wash my hands even more often
>use sleeves or elbows to open doors, wear mostly long-sleeved shirts or sweater to avoid touching anything that isn't clean

It's mostly manageable but it also doesn't seem to go away

I have gotten rid of some other ticks like not being able to steps on cracks, having to turn right and left an equal number of times, having to step on each "area" an even number of times, checking that the fridge is closed several times etc

Maybe I'm just being dramatic but I think it's probably OCD or something similar
>>
>>34774999
a lor of kidsw have ocd and lose it when they grow, same with tourettes.
>>
File: 1447762020804.jpg (152KB, 1280x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1447762020804.jpg
152KB, 1280x1261px
>How did you get rid of OCD?

I wish I knew, it's really made my life so much worse. I'm too scared to even try therapy since I really don't think I'll be able to "challenge my thoughts" or whatever it is they'd want me to do.
>>
It really annoyed me. Went to psychologist. Now I still have it, but it doesn't bug me that much anymore.
>>
>>34775105
For me once I touch something 'unclean' it feels like there's something on that spot until I wash it. It's almost like you can feel the bacteria on you in that spot, though obviously you can't. Mind you mine is pretty minor and I will just be uncomfortable until I wash said spot. For more severe cases it's probably a lot worse.
>>
>>34775105
The worst part are fake memories, when you do not remember something and your brain may created some fake memory that will trigger you and then loop starts. Drinking or doing drugs is impossible.

>>34775105
Unbearable stress and you just can not focus on anything else.

I always kek, when I see some healthy normies writing things like
>I just put my book on shelf omg! I am so ocd

fucking retards have no idea how ocd fuck up your life

Whats is even point in such meme mental illness?

Its not going to kill you but it will make your life unbearable, its fucking ridiculous world we live in, when your fucking brain is fighting with you.

I would be completely different person without this fucking ocd shit.
>>
Eversince i was a child I often feel the need to repeatedply touch objects
If I touch something with my right hand/foot, I need to touch it with my left one
Sometimes I feel an urge to touch something I shouldn't touch (boiling water, a girl's hair in front of me)
When I walk I must follow a certain rule depending on how the pavement is (don't walk on the edges of the tiles ; if I step on a manhole cover with my right foot, the next one I see must be stepped on by my left foot)

And for bout three years now I've had random spasms : kicking the ground, grinding my teeth, shaking my head, taking sudden deep breaths
>>
Statistically, people rarely have ocd alone, usually its packed together with other mental illness like neurosis, over 60% of people with ocd develop ibs.

ocd cause high level of stress, prolonged chronic stress makes your body weaker, weaken immune system, chronic stress, especially during puberty lower your max potential in learning and it shrinks your brain making you slowly brainlet

Imagine, few genes in your body would be set differently and instead of ocd you could have some science ocd like obsession with math or physic and instead of burning all your energy on dumb rituals you would have passion kek.
>>
>>34777371
>fake memories

It's hard to even explain how that works. It's like in the absence of a tangible OCD trigger, my brain will just imagine that something OCD-triggering did happen, to the point that it seems like an actual, vivid memory.

Is that the kind of stuff you experience?

I don't understand why my brain insists on torturing itself. Is there any escape from this hell? Do any medications actually help with this stuff?
>>
>>34774999
>tfw it permanently damaged your face
It wasn't supposed to go like this.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.