[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here has high empathy ? It's annoying as fuck

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15

File: Roman_Reigns.0.jpg (34KB, 599x503px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns.0.jpg
34KB, 599x503px
Who else here has high empathy ?

It's annoying as fuck
>>
>>34774057
Especially when I keep reading on here that empathy is a meme it makes me feel like I'm not even a genuine person. I've been like this for so long though I can't just stop.
>>
File: 1476800621387.jpg (56KB, 640x587px) Image search: [Google]
1476800621387.jpg
56KB, 640x587px
>>34774057
Low empathy masterrace reporting.
>>
>>34774057
my friend overdosed this week (they lived thank god) but i was shaking and freaking out when everyone else was so unimpressed and not bothered about it

>felt great
>>
File: #.jpg (122KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
#.jpg
122KB, 620x620px
>low empathy
>high anxiety
>>
>>34774057
Yes. I feel like I have to pull in my aura from other people
>>
>>34774057
I have a real issue with empathy. I get depressed when I see people suffering in news stories, and anytime I am around someone my emotional state basically mirrors however they are feeling.

I just want people to be happy so I can be happy.
>>
>>34774057
if i didn't have MemeOCD i'd have been a full-blown sajkapat
>>
File: 1485182170542.png (11KB, 404x399px) Image search: [Google]
1485182170542.png
11KB, 404x399px
Right here.

I feel like bitch ass puss, dudes.
>>
Yes. I developed it over the last few years through lots of contemplation and greater awareness.

It's a recipe for great anxiety and difficulties with making ethical decisions. That said, it's /buddhist/-tier and can be used to create good karma for future incarnations.
>>
File: 4.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
4.webm
2MB, 640x800px
>>34774057
I have empathy, except when it comes to white """people"""
>>
>>34774370
>I get depressed when I see people suffering in news stories, and anytime I am around someone my emotional state basically mirrors however they are feeling.
>I just want people to be happy so I can be happy.

>>34774442 here. Are you me?

I feel consumed by a void of darkness when I hear about significantly bad things that happen to people. Having the TV news on around puts me into near-overdrive anxiety - the negativity, blatant lack of empathy of everyone on the news channel, the people getting fucked over by life, plus the conspiracy of subconsciously brainwashing and controlling the poor uninformed masses, it's all far too much that I have to turn away from it these days.
>>
>>34774071
it is a meme, your whole life is a lie
>>
File: realistic feelings.png (43KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
realistic feelings.png
43KB, 666x666px
>>34774057
>tfw somehow automatically nice and empathetic towards other people even when I shouldn't be

this is only useful if you're born a woman
>>
Who /low empathy high sympathy/ here?
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (14KB, 108x124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
14KB, 108x124px
>>34774057
I think the reason nobody takes advantage of me is because I have low empathy. I mean, why should I care about anyone around me when I could be dead for longer than a month and most people that know me wouldn't even know because they don't give a shit about me
>>
>>34774057
>consider myself unemotional
>rarely show emotions, talk about them or express them in any way
>tear up when watching sad cartoons
>tear up when imagining myself in a sad movie scenario
>very receptive to other peoples feelings in general

Its a gift and a curse
>>
File: 16b.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
16b.gif
2MB, 425x481px
Who else here /noempathy/?
>>
Empathy is a meme
The people who were angry at bush bombing the middle east were OK with Obama doing it
The people who complain about the migrant ban were OK with Obama not allowing Cuban migrants
Empathy is really just low key anger. You don't feel bad for someone, you feel anger in their behalf
>>
>>34774894
>enough empathy to understand
>too little to care
Get on my level, scrub.
>>
>high empathy for friends and family
>zero empathy for strangers and adversaries, sometimes even want to kill them
>>
>>34774876
Op here, this is what meant
>>
>>34774057
High empathy is just a term for sensitive.

Just stop looking at everything and seeing yourself you nu-male cuck.
>>
File: 0 no humanity ok.jpg (53KB, 564x428px) Image search: [Google]
0 no humanity ok.jpg
53KB, 564x428px
>>34774057
I either feel no empathy or crippling empathy.

mostly no empathy
>>
File: tumblr_nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg (35KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg
35KB, 396x388px
>>34774180
>high anxiety
>high empathy
>>
>>34776207
Same here family. It's quite rough.
>>
>>34774057
me.
i cried just imagining a fat kid falling and injuring himself, gets me everytime. [its a secret]
>>
>>34776207
>>34775117
>>34774937
>>34775045
>>34774894
you felt it in your life.
the probleme is you didnt need it young,when you had it most. and you need it most now when you have none.
>>
File: 1485856455909.jpg (54KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485856455909.jpg
54KB, 500x360px
>watch anime
>have panic attack empathizing with the characters

>grandma is dying in the hospital
>feel nothing

>in a constant state of anxiety and depression

Going NEET was the biggest mistake of my life. I was not nearly this bad before
>>
>>34774057
i feel no empathy and people have started labeling me a sociopath
its interesting
>>
>>34776378
watching dragonballz actually made me so horrified when I was younger, that I got sick. Some cartoons did that too.
I also couldn't enjoy riding on roller-coasters because I'd feel sorry for my parents for not being on the ride with me
>>
File: 1486555913115.jpg (22KB, 418x397px) Image search: [Google]
1486555913115.jpg
22KB, 418x397px
>stepdad gets the news his mum died
>he's crying downstairs
>mum comes to my room to tell me what happened
>"oh, okay"
>don't really give much of a fuck since I didn't really know her
>mum tells me to tell him "I'm so sorry" when I go downstairs
>"yeah sure thing"
>go downstairs
>say "mornin'"
>mum fucking glares at me
>still don't say sorry, because why should I apologise for something that wasn't my fault
>make breakfast
>he's still sobbing his eye out
>say "see ya later" and leave the house
Feels great having no emotional investment in anything.
>>
>>34777025
>stepdad
im sorry
>>
>>34777104
It's hell on earth. In the months his mum was dying of cancer, he treated my mum like shit and even hit her once just because he was "sad".

Even when he lashes out now, he still blames it on his mum's death.

Fuck him, he's a cunt. If he died tomorrow I honestly wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>34774057
Trying being me. High empathy and extremely high self-awareness. It's a god damn nightmare.
>>
File: eyes.png (55KB, 447x163px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
55KB, 447x163px
>>34777263
Literally me. Extremely empathetic, extremely self aware. I'm constantly evaluating the motivations and reasons behind my own actions and those of everyone around me.

I can't even hate my own parents for abusing me because I know they thought they were doing the right thing, and they thought they were loving me. Fuck I want off this ride.
>>
>>34777344
were they loving you?
>>
>>34777403
The emotional/physical abuse was definitely not loving, but it was their own fucked up way of expressing it. I know they both had their own pretty messed up childhoods and that led to them completely fucking up mine.

Some things they did are just completely unforgivable/borderline sociopathic but I know for the most part they were just very confused, misled and doing the best they knew how to do.
>>
File: roofcore.png (894KB, 1024x517px) Image search: [Google]
roofcore.png
894KB, 1024x517px
>>34774449
Opposite for me, I have high empathy for other whites as well as asians, but shitskins I could literally watch get systematically pushed into industrial sized meat grinders in masses and it wouldn't even tickle my neurons.
>>
>>34777471
Does having high empathy make you have a small ego? Not saying that its good to have a massive ego, but should there be a healthy balance? To make an individual make actions to try and prevent himself from being abused and taken advantage of.
>>
>>34777562
I have no idea. I tend to value others over myself but I'm not sure if that's because I actually want to help them or because I like the idea of myself helping others
>>
My empathy was so high I felt like I was trapped inside a box.

Any movement or action would be an inconvenience for other people.

I would rather be completely alone than in the company of people.

It was getting so bad I couldn't leave the house.

This wasn't entirely due to empathy, but a combination of different things.

I can't help you. One day it just went away. The bulk of it anyways. It is still there in some part. What is left of me, however, is a shell. I am an empty vessel. For the most part I hardly care who lives or dies. I don't really care if I live or die. I have this strange feeling that everything has already happened and I am already dead. I don't worry about it most of the time.

Anyways, this will sound stupid, and I apologize. But the day that this went away I was reading Nietzsche. It was either Genealogy of Morals or Beyond Good and Evil. He makes distinctions between two classes of the people, the rabble and the high minded people. The high minded people are better than the rabble, but they don't mistreat them or denigrate them - because doing so is a trait of a non-high minded person. Being mean to people is because of your own insecurities, and the high minded person is only concerned with his own journey.

I am not an expert of Nietzsche. I don't even know if this was what he was trying to say. I don't know if I am explaining it right. But in a way I felt liberated. I felt like I could move my limbs, raise my voice, and act selfishly.

The cost of my freedom was an arrogance and sense of superiority over average people. I don't necessarily view this as a good thing. But it is the price I pay for avoiding the life I used to live, it is a necessity for me, and I don't regret it.
>>
>>34777852
That's not a compromise I'm willing to make.

I'm not even that smart anyway
>>
>>34778038

well you could try SSRIs
>>
>>34778071
What are those?

Not a big fan of drugs
>>
I have no emphaty for animals. I used to throw rabbits alive to the fire. Altough i can feel emphaty for robots, social outcasts, depressive shitheads
>>
>>34778143

antidepressants

They work. It takes a while, but they do work.

I don't like drugs either, but I resigned myself to taking them because if I wasn't on them I'd want to drink, smoke, sleep and think about suicide all the time.

Now that I'm on them, I don't drink or smoke, and I'm a good student.
>>
>>34774057
I wish I could emotionally detach myself from everything.
>>
>>34774057
at least you don't suffer from mindless uncontrollable sympathy, for anyone even if chad
>>
>>34774057
I don't give a fuck about anything or anyone unless I can relate to their feel and I'm not even good at pretending to care
>>
mfw a friend of mine killed himself in 2015 and I think I'm the only one who still thinks of him at least on a weekly basis. He wasn't even that close of a friend
>>
>>34774449
what video is this from por favor?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.