[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo University isn't working out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: YouTube-360.jpg (46KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-360.jpg
46KB, 1024x724px
I just can't handle university, i'm behind in all my classes and too depressed to work on any of them. I am thinking of telling my parents I want to drop out to work on a youtube channel. Do you think if I explain the revenue chances on youtube if I make quality content they would be ok with that? they pay for everything for me so it does matter what they say even though im technicqually an adult.
>>
What makes you think yt will work out if uni didn't?
>>
Listen kid. I've been in your situation.

You will sorely regret this most likely and get like 100 views on your YouTube content. You can easily do it as a side hobby until you see you get consistent viewer$hip. I wouldn't abandon any solid plans until then.

It's not too late to saddle up and make a B, C, or maybe even an A in all your classes.

The moment you're afraid to go to your classes is when you're on the wrong track. It can be fixed.
>>
>>34772988
you're probably right, truthfully I just don't know what to do with my life, I have trouble being motivated to do anything. I don't enjoy most hobbies, I don't know what career I would ever be happy in. ive never had many friends and the only social contact I have is therapy. I don't know if youtube would work, but I don't know what else to do. I don't seem to be able to adapt to life like everyone else. I just want to live and be happy.
>>
>>34772926
I'm not sure, I think I can be a creative person when I am working on things independently. I haven't tried before but I think I have a few ideas that might make for something worth watching.
>>
>If I explain all the revenue chances on youtube would they be ok would that?

No no no no. Unless you're already making money, and can't make six-figures-plus without full-time commitment, you have no chance of selling this tok them. Otherwise it just looks like a total pipedream you've been sold because it looks easy.

YouTube and social media money is not some obscure honeypot anyone can just jump into lmao, I don't have numbers, but I'd say EASILY 99% of those who try don't even make a cent, and a significant amount who do barely scratch a living.

This is a really, really bad idea. If you're struggling with university right now, that's okay, try something else for a while. Tell them your heart isn't in it, you don't know what you want to do with your life and you need time and space to think. Take a year and just work, save up enough to travel for a while, read as much as you can. Don't push yourself through something you hate, but diving into an absolute crapshoot like YouTube money won't go down well with your parents, and I don't think failing at it will be good for your mental state.
>>
>>34773150
that's gonna be hard, they have put up with a lot of my failures, i already changed majors after finishing one degree because I was struggling to handle the stress of doing the work.
>>
>>34772781
no, dont put eggs in a basket.
Basically, if you want to be a fill time Youtube, you have solid plans and also good programming on your content schedule. If you just work for click-bait and trashy content, maybe it earns more but I dont know how the trick. Its on in my country.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.