[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey robots have you ever had surgery/stayed in the hospital?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: hallway.jpg (45KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
hallway.jpg
45KB, 500x572px
hey robots have you ever had surgery/stayed in the hospital?

i need some benign tumors removed and im gonna stay in the hospital overnight. what is it like?
>>
>>34772665
I had to stay in the hospital for a while for heart failure, then a psych ward for two months immediately afterward.
>>
>>34772665
for once in your life you get some decent shut eye and a moment of peace, sit back and enjoy it anon.
>>
>>34772665
It's like college but for sick people
>>
I got really sick with asthma as a kid and stayed in a hospital for a week

its like staying at a hotel except the residents have infectious diseases and the help are callous and dead inside
>>
>>34772665
Tough when you wake up. Yet piss more than 0,5 gallons is maybe my greatest feeling I've ever had
>>
>>34772665
Have fun with the bacterial infection you bring back douchebag
>>
>>34772993
hospital acquired infections are pretty rare in young healthy people so i won't be bringing anything back
>>
>>34772708
No, that's not how you solve that. There's much more at stake. You know it. You're sick.
>>
File: 1480280653155.jpg (245KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1480280653155.jpg
245KB, 2048x1536px
Had to get surgery after I broke my knee and femur. I stayed one whole week, and that wasn't fun nor comfortable. Firstly, I couldn't stand the anesthetic, but that's mostly related to my condition, so when I woke up I couldn't pee and I remembered the conversation the surgeon had while operating. I spent most of my time on painkillers and vomiting for the first half of my stay.

At night, there was that kid that wouldn't stop screaming and crying, plus the thing that monitored me considered I was dead multiple times.

At daytime, there was a qt3.14 nurse. She helped me to shower and was generally nice. That improved my stay a lot.

5/10 would recommend for the staff.
>>
I ended up twice in the ER for my knee and elbow dislocating at the same time , got morphine so that was cool
>>
>>34772665
>have phimosis
>go to hospital for surgery
>dress in hospital pajamas
>have long hair at that time
>one of the nurses, just before the surgery says: lol I thought we're gonna operate on a boy, not a girl
VERY FUCKING FUNNY YOU CUNT, DO YOUR JOB AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT
>>
>>34774025
wow that was unprofessional. thankfully most nurses are very kind.

i hope i get comfy hospital pjs
>>
>>34772665
>have type 1 diabetes
>get sick from takeout end up with diabetic acidosis
>spend 6 days in the ICU
>get sick with a hospital acquired superbug
>start shitting the bed
>cute nurse doesn't mind cleaning it up and gives me a bath -- even cleans the shit off my balls
>jerked off so hard after that
>>
>>34772665
When I tried to kill myself, yeah.

It's boring. bring a book, earphones, whatever you like
>>
Been in the ER with DKA around 3 times a year for the past decade or so. I treat my body like shit and I have diabetes. My stays usually lasted for around a week, but lately they've just been keeping me for a day or two then sending me on my way. When I'm there I get all the pain drugs I want, which is realy the only reason for me to go. I'm in constant pain and the only relief I get is when I let myself lapse into DKA and get a comfy ambulance ride so they can shoot me full of morphine and diladid.
>>
it s like a sterilized motel without any freedom and you cant leave your room and the food is shit and you inject what they tell you to
>>
>>34772665
I stayed 7 months at (mental) hospitals last year
The food is meh, but edible
Time flies by quickly
>>
I had surgery on my ass for a pilonidal sinus
>>
>have ruptured appendix
>dumbass doctors think its just a stomach ache until it almost kills me
>stay in hospital for 20 days playing my nintendo ds (I was like 14)
>nurses constantly talking to me about dumb shit trying to be nice, asking why no friends visit me etc.
it's pretty comfy I have to say. I actually was really happy there, even with all the pain
>>
>>34775213
you can leave your room in a medical hospital right? if you're not super ill.
>>
>>34775463
idk all the times i was there i was strapped down by the ankles and wrists
>>
>>34775498
This isnt about mental hospitals
>>
>>34775498
oh. ive been in a psych ward 5 times but this will be my first time in a hospital for medical reasons and not because i felt like harming myself
>>
>>34772665
It probably won't be bad once you're given the anesthetic, after that you're drugged so things don't really bother you. Also, going under is weird. I had shoulder surgery and I remember them putting a mask over my mouth and thinking "oh this what they use to put you under." Next thing I know I'm waking up after surgery.
>>
I had to stay in the hospital for over a week, i got out about two weeks ago.
I had pancreatitis caused by gallstones, and ai had to have my gallbladder removed.
It was the worst week of my life...i had to recover from the pancreatitis before they could do the surgery. my insides felt like they were melting (technically i guess they kinda were).
even though i had hydromorphine and ketorolac at my beck and call.
but the worst part was the lack of sleep.
I had asshole roommates that would have nonstop visitors, and then snored like a motherfucking moose with a neck wound.
i slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total spread out through the week, i never slept so little in my life.(i'm a huge insomniac who can't sleep anywhere else but my own bed)
>>
>>34775620
I guess I'll have to bring earplugs with me then.
>>
>>34775702
i hope you don't have tinnitus like i do...
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.