[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is happiness to you? I don't believe in happiness.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: set my soul ablaze.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
set my soul ablaze.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
What is happiness to you? I don't believe in happiness.
>>
File: tfwnoface.gif (1MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnoface.gif
1MB, 500x210px
>>34768248
>happiness is a warm gun mama
>>
Happiness does not exist. The default state of life is suffering.
"Happiness" is really only a right now emotion. It depends on what activity you're doing, who you're with, and how fortunate/lucky your circumstances are. Like, let's say you're hanging out with your friends who you really enjoy spending time with. Once you all go your seperate ways and the perceived "good time" you had is over, you go back to your default state: bored, disappointed, or unhappy. No one is happy, and no one can be truly/ultimately/permanently happy. It is best to strive for just being content and neutral with your life. As in, at the end of the day when you lay in bed at night, you think "my life is okay. It's not too bad, could be worse."
>>
>>34768248
Aristotle spend an entire book trying to define happiness, and concluded at the end of it that he was unable to define it, only define how to achieve it.

Name of the book is Nicomachean Ethics. Good read.
>>
File: 1442685112639.jpg (1MB, 1274x7984px) Image search: [Google]
1442685112639.jpg
1MB, 1274x7984px
the state that nothing could go wrong and and life keeps proving that happiness is a myth.
>>
>>34768316
Thanks for the recommendation, anon. I'll give it a read.
>>
>>34768248
Fuckin in bed all day original
>>
OP here, the thing that had me ask this question was this song which I adore. Listen to the lyrics and the sample is very well made. Despite your musical taste, I think that most will appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wr7cr6ldy0
>>
>>34768248
Real happiness is just an ephemeral feeling anon, it 's different from the "idea of happiness" aka persistant well being that men invented, this kind of happiness indeed doesn't exist.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 659x1168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 659x1168px
I really don't know what happiness is to me. I guess I would say it's been some sort of unattainable goal or state of mind. I actually do believe that happiness does exist. Most people seem to be happy or in the very least content with their lives. Maybe I can learn to accept my shit life and at least be content with what little I have. Maybe that's what happiness is
>>
OP happiness is relative. Everyone experiences it differently in their own way. It simply describes an emotion, which is pretty vague and hard to relate to in general. That said, it's certainly possible to consciously will yourself to be happy all the time, even when bad things are happening to you. The power to control your emotions has always been within you, you just need to open your mind to new ways of thinking.

>>34768623
>unattainable goal or state of mind.
No, absolutely not.
>Most people seem to be happy
bingo "seem"

>>34768309
This.
>>
>>34768248
Those moments when an anon posts something original and funny in a thread I'm browsing where I laugh hard enough to forget my depression for a moment.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.