[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a world where stem cell surgeries, eugenics and test tube

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image-w1280.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image-w1280.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
In a world where stem cell surgeries, eugenics and test tube babies are the norm for everyone

How do Chads separate themselves from robots? What will be the new criteria for Chad.
>>
>>34765753
I think one of these days you Tech geeks will become hip and happening and the QTs will come your way
>>
>>34765753
Chads will be transhumans and cognitively enhanced with artificial intelligence.
>>
>>34765753

i think there's enough different ways to be attractive that there'll still be distinctions. in a future where everyone looks good, that would just become a baseline norm, and from there you'd have to compete with other traits.
>>
>>34765753
Assuming such technology becomes publicly available, it would end the normal human social structure.
>>
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
>>
>>34765753
I don't think test tube babies will catch on because it's practically less ethical than abortion
>>
>>34765776
Of course anon. Is this the thread where we say things that will never happen?
>>
>>34767366
>less ethical than abortion
You've got weird ethics mate
>>
>>34767366
How is it less ethical?

In the case of abortion, you have half of the populace thinking that it is murder.

You don't have that problem here, only doom-mongering.
>>
>>34767451
It's unethical because you're taking an otherwise functional and health child and risking it's health without it's consent with engineering.

The only thing in its favor is to try and route out congenital defects however there are side effects to that and it could potentially be worse than attempting to treat it later on.

Also on the doom mongering thing it is rather unethical to put a bunch of extra pressure on kids and treating/making them think they're all special and different from other kids which can have negative impacts on them socially and psychologically. It's rather unethical and cruel to do that to someone from the get go. It makes more sense to alter adults and then see what implication it has when they breed after modification rather than trying to modify just the children without their consent since they have to live out their entire life with those decisions they didn't get to make. Where as an adult could decide a modification is a necessary risk and may have less of an effect on a child rearing.
>>
>>34767563
well when the chinese start pumping their babies full of stem cells and farming test tube babies you'll feel differently

super soldiers are the future
>>
>>34765753
>yfw people's standards will just keep increasing
>>
>>34767599
I really don't find that very scary. First off it'd be limited to people they're essentially using as guinea pigs/lab rats and consider disposable. Which would be entirely fucked up.
Then once it's proven to work after who the fuck knows how many experiments gone wrong it's only going to go to the richest/upper crust and they would not want to risk those people in war since they belong to their families who decide who goes in the first place.
Also super soldiers would die all the same as regular soldiers that's a television/video game drama plot. Besides if a child could be modified so could an adult, it may just seem easier starting at development but it's like giving beer to a kid there is a reason there are age restrictions.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.