[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kindness thread?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 21

File: 4354578662_aae7c01dff_b.jpg (313KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
4354578662_aae7c01dff_b.jpg
313KB, 1024x680px
I'd like to have a comfy thread where we all just play nice with each other and offer positive support.

I'll give happy or encouraging (You)s to everybody who wants to play along.

We can talk about anything but some fun and happy topics might include:
>cuddling
>pets
>your dream life
>cute girls/boys
>>
>>34762413
I'm at a pretty big low-point in my life right now, but i'm trying to work my way out of it. Every day is a struggle, but I feel like I'm slowly becoming able to participate in the grind. What's your life like, OP?
>>
Quick, someone say something political
>>
File: 1.jpg (176KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
176KB, 1200x1800px
Bonus point: I've been working on a project that requires a LOT of reference pictures of faces, mostly of college-age girls. I got the idea from another anon on /r9k/ to use collegiate athletic rosters for my photosourcing.

The inevitable product of this is that I now have a bunch of random cute girls on my desktop. I'll attach one to all of my posts so you know it's me and also so you get to see cuteness.

>>34762436
I'm sorry you're not in a great place, anon, but I'm encouraged by the fact that you're trying. I think if you have a concrete plan to improve yourself--and if you've broken down the requisite steps such that they aren't overwhelming or wholly insurmountable--then you'll get better. And if something goes wrong, you've got a solid plan to troubleshoot and try again!

I'm doing alright, but I could definitely be happier. I live in a new city (moved from my undergraduate school to a graduate school) where I have a few friends but I've kind of forgotten how to make more. The main thing that worries me is how much I feel like I'm leeching off my parents--I know it's pretty unreasonable to be completely independent when you go straight from college to graduate school but I worry that they don't think I'm independent enough. On the plus side, I'm going to apply for a research assistantship and I'm probably decently qualified for it so hopefully I'll be able to supplement myself with actual income.

Also, obviously, no gf, but this doesn't really stress me out as much as it seems like it should.
>>
I just want a gf and don't know why girls ignore me

This sounds like whining but I really just wish someone could follow me around invisibly and tell me what I'm doing wrong and then i could fix it
>>
File: 2.jpg (242KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
242KB, 1067x1600px
>>34762782
Sorry anon. I've known this feel plenty of times in my life and it comes and goes in intensity but it never exactly goes away. I'm sure there are plenty of interesting things about you and qualities that would make you a great companion so don't let your perceived 'lack of success' dictate your self-worth!

Do they ignore you when you talk to them? Or do you mean that they don't take the initiative to interact with you when you're around?
>>
>>34762865
>>34762663

These girls are cute in a very plain way and I'm here for more please.
>>
File: alien.jpg (126KB, 586x706px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
126KB, 586x706px
Recently realized that I'm attractive. I've started smoking every day before school (uni) and turns out I'm getting looks and smiles from all these girls I'd never noticed before.

Also started talking to my high school crush again. We hung out last friday. She brought her hangpan (hand drum thingy) and she sat next to me so we could play it together. A few days ago she posted to her poetry page on facebook. Using my high school literature skills I was able to tell that it was a poem about how she's found true love. We might do shrooms and fuck tomorrow, but I don't know yet.
>>
The weather here is getting nice. It's going to approach the 70s on Saturday. I'm going hiking with a fellow roboto friend on Sat.
>>
File: 3.jpg (388KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
388KB, 1067x1600px
>>34762949
I think so too! Like I said, they were/are facial references for an artistic project I've been working on with some other people.

Have another!
>>
>>34762577
Uhh... Trump is great! Or, Trump is awful!

I don't know, whichever one pisses off whoever is reading it more.
>>
File: 4.jpg (116KB, 929x1161px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
116KB, 929x1161px
>>34762957
I'm glad you've begun to feel positively about your appearance, anon! That's a hard thing to do if you're not already in that mindset.

I'm sure you know all about the health risks of smoking but I have also used it as an occasional social crutch and it's very useful in that regard. Be safe about your habits but don't beat yourself up about it either.

That's a really cute story about your high school crush, too. I hope things go well for you no matter what you guys end up doing or not doing.

How long has it been since you guys were in high school together?

>>34762997
I'm jealous! That sounds really nice. It snowed like a foot today here in my city. I wish it were easier for me to go hiking but I'm glad you'll get some sun and do something healthy with a friend.
>>
>>34762663
>I'm sorry you're not in a great place, anon, but...
At least your life is moving along, OP. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff, friends, feeling of leeching off your parents, etc. It's all pretty small, in the big picture; surely, a decade from now, it'll seem insignificant, if you'll even remember it. Always remember to do your best, anon!
>>
>>34763089

Thanks for responding!

We graduated last may. My senior year I sat next to her in AP US history. During the spring we hung out a few times.

One day last april I was thinking about her so I texted her and asked if she wanted to go on a day trip with me. we drove an hour outside of town to some land my parents used to own when I was a kid. It was a beautiful place and we just sat in the grass and talked about life.

I haven't kissed her but we have so much in common that we've just never stopped with the conversation yet.
>>
File: 5.jpg (389KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
389KB, 681x1024px
>>34763111
Thanks, anon! It is moving along, so it's not like all hope is lost or anything. Despite feeling like a parasite I do know that my parents genuinely think I'm a success (this is helped by the fact that most other people that they know who have kids my age have kids who are fucking up massively in a variety of ways) and so aren't at all reluctant to help me out with making rent, etc. I think as long as I have genuine goals for the future and an actionable plan to achieve them, I'll be okay.

I hope you keep on making your life better too, anon!
>>
File: 6.jpg (140KB, 950x1488px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
140KB, 950x1488px
>>34763234
Oh, so you're pretty fresh out of high school. That's cool that you're still keeping in touch--it can be pretty tough to do that when you go away to college, I know that from personal experience.

It's good that y'all are similar in a lot of ways--the cliche is that 'opposites attract' but I think you've gotta have stuff in common in order to get along, even if outwardly you might seem like you're coming from different places. So you're already there, which is awesome! Good luck with everything and try not to take the /r9k/ memery about women to heart.
>>
>>34762865
best girl so far
>>
File: 1484777061074.jpg (769KB, 1911x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1484777061074.jpg
769KB, 1911x1202px
>>34762413
hey it's atlanta!

i'm doing something really crazy tomorrow actually. i'm going to my first anime convention there, but didn't have anyone to go with, so I decided to volunteer!

i hope it's comfy and no one thinks i'm a weirdo.
>>
File: 7.jpg (125KB, 1117x1425px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
125KB, 1117x1425px
>>34763426
She's pretty cute, I agree.

>>34763460
That sounds like fun! I've volunteered to help out at a film festival a few times and it was nice to feel like I was legitimately helping people do something.

I've only been to one anime convention before (a friend in high school had me go with him, not really a personal interest but I think he also just wanted to go and not be by himself) and everybody there was super friendly. I wasn't even dressed up as anything in particular and nobody really cares. People really seemed to relish the fact that they'd created a space where it was okay to be autistic about anime or related nerdy stuff and I thought that was pretty cool. Even the cops who were doing security seemed to get a kick out of it.

I'm sure it'll be a great experience, anon!
>>
>>34763426
agreed.
Not sure what it isn't about the short hair art school thing I like but hey
>>
Official rankings in order:

>>34762865
>>34763297
>>34762663
>>34762999
>>34763089
>>34763396
>>34763600
>>
A meany is calling me a normie in another thread. I fucking hate normies! I can't help that I was born better off, doesn't make me a normie!:(
>>
My coworkers talk shit about me when they think I can't hear. Then they're nice to my face. Really bums me out because I just wanna be left alone.
>>
File: 8.jpg (307KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
307KB, 600x900px
>>34763941
I kinda like that type too, anon

>>34764100
Assuming this is real, sorry about that.

I think some parts of how we identify ourselves are more-or-less hardwired into who we are. Like I'm white, I won't be able to stop being white, it wasn't a choice in the first place. Some people here seem to think "normie" and whatever the opposite of "normie" is are like that--static descriptors that can't change over time.

I think how you position yourself in regard to a community is entirely self-determined. If you don't feel like you're a normie, whatever that means, then you aren't a normie. It's fundamentally a description of how you feel/relate to the world around you, so it's only reasonable that you--the only one with legitimate unfiltered access to your thoughts and emotions--would know your identity best.

Don't let the meanposters get to you.
>>
File: 9.jpg (79KB, 933x1078px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
79KB, 933x1078px
>>34764153
Well, are you good at what you do? Do you like whatever you actually do in the course of doing your job?

The old saying goes: The Lion does not worry over the opinion of the Sheep

It's kind of sad that people in the "real world" can't let go of the high school mentality wherein you bond with some by ostracizing others. But there's only so much you can do about that, right? Just as long as you make a conscious decision to be better than that and to treat everyone around you with kindness, even if they haven't shown that they deserve it, and respect, even if they aren't willing to do the same for you.

You deserve to be treated better, anon. I'm sorry it's not working out for you right now.
>>
>/r9k/ lets a guaranteed (you) thread fail
>>
File: 10.jpg (265KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
265KB, 1200x1800px
>>34764948
I don't mind, anon! A few people posted and that's good enough for me.
>>
>>34764993
I'm the anon from >>34763297. Here is one last (You) to push you up there.
>>
Going through a rough patch, though there might be a shimmering but of light at the end of this week

I dunno though, hope I don't jinx myself

How are you faring anon?
>>
>>34765125
godamnit i forgot to add a (you)

>>34762413
>>
>>34764050
i approve this

(original post)
>>
File: Opisafag (1).jpg (26KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
Opisafag (1).jpg
26KB, 474x473px
>>34762413
This is a cockamamie thread
>>
A new character was just revealed for Street Fighter V and she looks fun so I'm in a good mood.
>>
File: 11.jpg (158KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
158KB, 1200x1500px
>>34765095
Thanks!

>>34765125
>>34765148
I'm doing okay tonight. Very little on my plate in terms of responsibilities at the moment so I'm not super stressed about anything imminent. Pretty stable in an emotional sense, though I'd still like to feel better in general.

Jinxing yourself isn't real, anon! But hoping for a positive outcome is completely healthy and a good frame of mind to keep yourself in.

What good thing is on the horizon for you?
>>
File: 12.jpg (161KB, 1197x1803px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
161KB, 1197x1803px
>>34765302
Cool!

I've actually never played street fighter. What's the scoop on the new character?

>>34765283
Well, I guess it looks like I'm gonna keep posting for the time being, so you might need to adjust your rankings in the future
>>
>>34765315
Less people expecting things out of me so I can take some time to relax and draw

The good thing is I might be able to see some faint progress when doodling
>>
File: 13.jpg (250KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
250KB, 1200x1800px
>>34765445
It's good that some of the pressure will be off of you, then! I personally work best when there's people breathing down my neck but it would be nice to be able to relax and try to produce something on my own time at my own pace.

I've always wished I could draw, but I think I would need to go way back in time to when I was young and really dedicate myself to figuring it out. I'm comfortable enough with the fact that I have other talents, it would just be nice to be able to turn things I see into drawn images.
>>
>>34765527
I always wished I could do that too anon, and I'm pretty glad I could take some time to at least give it the old college try.

im hoping i can make something good, have a good day OP!
>>
File: 14.jpg (111KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
111KB, 533x800px
>>34765580
It's great that you can decide you want to learn something and then actually apply yourself toward that end.

Always keep learning but make sure you take time to acknowledge how much you're already learned!
>>
>>34764993
I would let her fart in my mouth

>>34765444
I would let her shit a liquified chipotle burrito bowl down my throat
>>
>>34765444
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHGrp6KNag
Shes a russian qt in a short skirt with ice powers.
>>
I'm moving out of home to start uni tomorrow. I'm quite excited.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
Lonely, as always, but I'm doing ok.
>>
>>34762782
I had a girlfriend for 2 years actually and it isnt all that good.
I mean if you never had one before then it can be amazing. You get to do so many firsts with her, including lewd times, its wonderful.
Then the problems that youve noticed since you started dating gets worse and fights happen.
In the end, either you or he will leave and then you get to suffer for months. Depending on many years you two spent together. You start wondering, stalking her on fb and everytime she uploads a new profile, your hearts starts racing. Then you find out that the girl you loved so much is with another guy and how shes doing all the relationship lovey stuff that was only meant for you.
Then you suffer more.
>>
File: watermother-jian-20160928-3.jpg (534KB, 1500x785px) Image search: [Google]
watermother-jian-20160928-3.jpg
534KB, 1500x785px
Really trying to figure out how to be happy lately.
>made some friends
>lift daily
>spend most my time studying in the library so I don't get sidetracked
Nothing seems to work.

I could try getting a gf but I don't think that would do it either. Plus I don't want to drag someone else into my problems.
>>
File: devil vagina magic.jpg (320KB, 1057x1200px) Image search: [Google]
devil vagina magic.jpg
320KB, 1057x1200px
ahaha what a shit thread

yall are a bunch of faggots and you should kill yourselves
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.