[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going back to school in your 30s..

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 1486356028461.jpg (189KB, 1296x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486356028461.jpg
189KB, 1296x720px
Is it as bad of an idea as I think it is?
How do you not look like a total loser?
>>
>>34756107
Just do what you want to do

And don't forget to be your self!
>>
There were plently of older students at my university, I didn't think any differently of them, can't knock someone for bettering himself. Obviously don't go to some meme-chad/stacy school
>>
What do you have to lose anon? At worst you'll look like a loser for a few years.
>>
>>34756107
Who cares man its just a bunch of stupid little kids
>>
>>34756149
Good point.. thats actually a really good point.

I was thinking about going to CU Boulder brcause of the engineering school there, but thats a meme college isnt it?

What about making connections and Internships? I couldnt possibly imagine doing that shit when I am in my 30s. People will just be like.. Who is that faggot?
>>
>>34756107
no, no one really cares how old you are enough to negatively judge you.

the younger students will either respect you as an older person or gravitate towards you because youre more serious about school than they are. school can be about improving yourself in a way, its like going to rehab, no ones going to say "wow look at that faggot hes 43 and trying to quit his drinking problem.
>>
Are you going back to college? Or getting your GED?
>>
>>34756107
I don't where you live but there are institutions specifically designed here for adult education. You'll meet other adults who for example need skills for a new field since their old field is either oversaturated or their profession is no longer needed. It's normal nowadays to see adults in school with the current jobmarket demanding people with mixed experience instead of a poor sap who's been working 1 job for 10+ years who can easily be replaced with an ex-intern who has a variety of skills alongside the required ones for the job.
>>
>>34756107
You actually look even more badass.

I have real respect for those who come back at an elder age. I remember this guy in my capstone class, good friends with him now. He was over 40 and he pretty much knew the most. I took notes on everything he said and each answer he gave was jaw-dropping. I love him to death and now he's almost done with law school! He has 2 children, too. Great great soul. Kind guy.

Just go back and watch as everyone awes at you in respect. School is a place where everyone is there to learn and encourage others. Being in academics is a privilege. There is nothing but bonding and comradery. The fact that you're there, no matter what age, shows that you care.

Big ups to you.
>>
>>34756107
It depends on how young you look. Some people look 20 something was in their 30s. And others look 30 when they're 22...
>>
>>34756253
College

Ravioli
>>
>>34756283
This must be bait. Very good one though.
>>
>>34756352
Its not honestly

Im actually curious
>>
>>34756374
Well I dunno, when I was a freshman me and my buddies would laugh at the older guys in class since we all thought they were losers.
>>
>>34756214
CU Boulder is where Chads and Stacies go to party, get drunk, and live the college life. The entire town is built around the needs of 18-22 year olds.
>>
>>34756439
>This must be bait
>baits

You must think im l-like an inbred or s-something

NOT MY FEE FEES GUYS
>>
>>34756493
The engineering school is reaery good though

but yeah maybe thats not a good call.. I could probably do way better..

>Thinks in his mind Caltech
>>
it's expected that most older age people in college have had life experiences and are there to get a degree and get out, people will respect you if you are like this

if you're a 30+ NEET who is going to try and hit on 18 y/o freshmen it will not go well
>>
>>34756526
or even better

school of mines

yeah I just gotta go somewhere where people are just there to work.. not be faggots.
>>
>>34756548
Yeah, that wouldn't be even remotely my objective

How stupid do you all honestly think I am lol?
>Posts to /r9k/ for advice

Ohh I see
>>
>>34756526
>>34756573
prestige is a meme for engineering, as long as its ABET-accredited its fine. Most top engineering programs are actually in big state schools (due to the size of facilities/research), not muh ivy league.
>>
Pros: School will be a lot easier than you remember, your focus will be 10x better, less distractions

Cons: You will have no social life, you will be known as "that older guy", DO NOT try to hit on young girls

If you want any kind of social life try to stick around the older guys/military vets.
>>
>>34756704
>DO NOT try to hit on young girls

Not OP, but why is that? College is a great place to get some young pussy, and girls love older guys in general.

Hell, I knew a lot of girls in HIGH SCHOOL who were dating/fucking guys in their mid 20's.
>>
I'm a 29 year old wage slave so I've thought about it before. But I don't really see the point. Even if I manage to get a degree, by that time it will be too late to start a career. And even though I dislike my job, I make enough money to live comfortably. So I can't really see a reason to justify spending a bunch of money to go back to school.
>>
>>34756798

Because girls liking older guys is a huge myth. Unless by older you mean like 3 - 5 years older. The difference between a 30 year old man and a 18 - 22ish college chick is gigantic, and chances are you'll just be seen as a weird older guy. I mean you can try to fuck these girls but good luck competing with 20 year old chads.
>>
>>34756798
He is saying do not go out of your way to hit on them.. don't go there with the thought in your head that it will be easy or something

He was just checking to see if I was stupid.. Of course if they talk to you, you talk back.. but you're not like 22 again, and shouldn't act like it.. was his point.

Besides, once you get into the upper classes, I am sure the older chicks will be creaming over me anyway
>>
>>34756832
You're not even 30 yet man. People change careers well into their 50's/60's all the time.

It's uncommon really to stay in one career field the rest of your life after college.
>>
Put it this way I just turned 26, I look very young for my age but I still would feel weird trying to hit on college girls. I'm such a different person than I was at like 21, holy shit have I changed a lot. It sucks because I find younger girls the most attractive, but I can't get them anymore.
>>
>>34756944
This is true, I am 27

I am just assessing my options now,

Instead of bottoming out again and shooting dope to squelch the dissonance
>>
>>34756944
My life is already half way over. Theres no point in it.
>>
>>34756835
No it's not, ya goof. Like I said, I personally knew/know a lot of women who date guys above that 3-5 age range. Hell I started college at 24 and was messing with freshman girls.

Society is a lot more accepting of differences when it comes to dating, and women a lot of the time want a guy who's older, more mature, and doesn't rely on his parents for income.
>>
>>34756981

24 is not that old, I'm talking like late 20's early 30's. No regular girl is dreaming about dating an older guy. She either has daddy issues or is looking for a sugar daddy. 3 - 5 years is the golden zone.
>>
>>34756981
24 y/o pretty much just looks college age
It all depends on how old you look, if people can actively point you out as the "older guy" then it's not going to happen
>>
>>34756107
>Is it as bad of an idea as I think it is?
If anything, I applaud you for going back.
This isn't an easy decision, especially at your age but you want to better yourself and are taking the necessary steps in doing so.

Just don't drop out.

>How do you not look like a total loser?
By not overthinking stuff like this. You'll come across people twice your age. You think they care? They are focused on the prize.

You worry about what little kids fresh out of highschool think of you and you'll lose focus and end up here again.

FOCUS

Remember WHY you're doing this.

Forget the rest.
>>
>>34756107
How is getting an education looking like a loser?
>>
>>34756352
It's not bait.

>>34756374
Curious about what? The guy is great and I love him. He's a good friend.

Don't think of him any different.
>>
File: 1476727022211.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1476727022211.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>34756107
If you're that self-conscious about it, an online degree is always an option. You don't have to leave your current living situation, there's a lot of respected universities who do everything online now, and there's no difference between degrees handed out to on campus students or your transcripts. It's geared towards adult learners, as well.

It's nice to not have to deal with literal children, too.
>>
>>34757157
youre assuming people use logic like you do
>>
Kek at young men saying don't hit on young girls. Just say you wanna study together and go from there. These young fucks just do the want any competitors
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.