[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akward work experiences

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: office pepe.png (21KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
office pepe.png
21KB, 207x244px
Feel free to share greentexts, stories and opinion on other people's stuff

>be me, 21 finance/economy student, intern in a financial institution
>receive an invitation by HR through work email to participate in an advertising campaign for new intern positions, something about letting other college students know of the positions and to appear in the ad pictures
>Reply because I know some people in my class might be interested and there's some alleged bonus for each one that actually gets hired, never liked taking pictures though
>days pass
>HR person approaches my place earlier today
>"Hi anon, just wanted to remind you that the invitation for the campaign is still open and actually the photographers are working with some people right know in X floor, they can either be solo photos or group, you look like a great young face to represent company, come with us!"
>Say I only wanted to let people know about the open positions at school but I was not interested in the photoshoot
>"What a shame, no problem"
>mfw they saw my aesthetic potential and I rejected the opportunity to get more involved because of insecurities

It was nice to be asked/reminded and I know I'm a good looking guy but I don't consider myself to be photogenic, would you have rejected the offer, robots?
>>
>>34751680
Self bump, forgot this board is filled with NEETs
>>
>be 23
>graduated from college last year with economics/finance
>get a job after about 2-3 months of searching
>realize I majored in the wrong thing
>realize that I don't like economics and just did it because my parents pushed me into doing it
>now I'm a NEET

not really awkward but whatever
>>
>be 25
>enter thread called Awkward work experiences
>realize i don't feel like reading that wall of text
>leave a pity bump
>>
>>34752144
Shit, that was a major fear of mine before halfway into the major until I realized I made a good choice, what will you do now?
>>34752190
Thanks, but you can still contribute with a story
>>
>>34751680
>having a job
>being a robot

Pick one
>>
>>34752433
Never claimed to be a robot, nor can I think of reasons why anyone would like to be one, you are the same as those /pol/acks acting like if being a neonazi was a requisite to post
share a story faggot, I'm reading
>>
>>34751680
I bought my first condo last year and the agent asked me to give a video endorsement of her, i declined for similar reasons and offered to write one for her instead but they ended up not wanting it.
>>
>>34752406
I'm not sure what I'll do, I'm trying to see how I can make money online desu
>>
>>34752433
Some robots are useful you know.
>>
>>34751680
>be me in high school
>17 years old
>"American democracy" class that was required
>teacher was a flaming liberal, so the entire class was him firing liberal propoganda at us for an hour a day
>I would have been this critical about his teaching if he was a conservative, too
>politics needs to be teached from a neutral perspective to allow students to formulate their own opinions
>but I digress
>I like to fidget
>I like to fidget A LOT
>it helps me think
>I end up doing it subconciously
>listening to lecture one day
>towards the middle of the year
>staring at teacher's slideshow while listening to teacher
>all of a sudden, entire class starts looking at me
>teacher asks me to go outside
>aparantly, I had been clicking my pen nonstop, every class, since the beginning of the school year
>became known as the pen man
>never went to that class again
>>
>working in an electronics store
>been there like a week
>some customer starts asking me about the features of a sat nav
>know nothing about it
>just bullshit through saying yes to everything he asks
>just wanna make the sale
>stops talking and thanks me for my help
phew.jpg
>see him go and talk to my supervisor
>oh shit
>supervisor comes over to me and tells me not to lie to customers
>>
>start working for a local authority
>obviously very left wing due to the nature of the organisation
>meeting with the manager, we get on well and she's really behind me moving up the ranks
>asks me how I'm getting on in the office
>two officers are black and female, do the same job
>I explain that I was trying to arrange to shadow one of the officers but couldn't remember their name
>trying to think of physical attributes which weren't directly related to them being black
>oh....do you mean "anon"?
>no, the other one
>other one
>nobody even mentioned their race
>room goes silent
>you mean "anon"?
>>
>>34752821
Hahaha shit dude, buy that kickstarter fidget cube, might help you in the future
>>34752860
Next time try to calmly explain the customer that you dont know enough about whatever they want and direct them to someone who actually does know, lying is unnecesary and counterproductive
>>34753009
Kek, allowing your powerlevel to show always provides good greentext material
>>
>>34753257
Meh. They sacked me for being late and skiving.
>>
>>34752821
ahahah oh my god dude, now this is funny
>>
>>34753257

I was fucking mortified. My manager is hugely left wing and I'm pretty lefty myself - I have no idea why I answered in that way. I think it was genuinely an innocent response but it made me look like the worlds most ignorant racist.

Luckily I don't think she remembers this, as she still seems really keen on me. I cringe every time I think about it though.
>>
>Work night job processing freight for a store
>Only work with 5 to 8 people depending on the night, can jam to music or listen to podcasts, rarely make eye contact with coworkers
>King of Queens always playing in the breakroom during break
>My coworker mentions that the wife used to be a scientologist
>Other guy doesn't know anything about it
>autismtriggered.swf
>Start infodumping on scientology
>Talk about celebrity status, L Ron Hubbard, touch assist, Sea Org, the whole nine, showing disgust for the entire thing
>I realize everyone's looking at me and kind of trail off
>Coworker says "So, anon, when did you join?"
>Everyone laughs

This just happened last night.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.