[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot vidya. What are the best gaves for robots? I love hoi4.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: 1486642573481.png (576KB, 700x661px) Image search: [Google]
1486642573481.png
576KB, 700x661px
Robot vidya. What are the best gaves for robots? I love hoi4.
>>
going by earlier threads, half life 1 is a popular robot game
>>
File: hah.png (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
hah.png
5KB, 224x225px
>>34749620
>the Italians aren't even in the picture
oh my sides.
>>
Paradox games are really comfy in general. Dwarf Fortress is another perfect robot vidya
>>
>>34749620
Rogue Survivor is one I had a lot of fun with, I love how customizable it is.
Not just with the in-game settings, but you can change the values in the game files.

It's not being worked on anymore by the original dev, but I think some other people may have picked it up. If you look in the forums, there's some graphics mod "Deonapocalypse" that makes it a little gentler on the eyes.

After that it's fun to tinker with different play styles.
See if you can survive for 3-4 weeks.

http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/p/about.html
>>
>>34749710
I tried and failed to understand it. Any good guides?
>>
KOTOR will always be /our game/
>>
>>34749775
Here are some beginner steps:
>press k, move cursor around and read what symbols generally represent.
>use the cursor to draw invisible boxes by selecting one point and then another to issue orders to dwarves
>Toady is a mathematician, so menus are organised by function rather than by what they represent (eg; furniture is constructed in the same way as workshops and fortifications)
>Make sure to assign crops to all seasons on your farms
>Use dwarf therapist if handling dwarves' work priorities becomes a hassle
>If you're suffering trying to read ascii, install a texture pack

I also suggest changing the default font to a square one that doesn't look as "system font"-esque
>>
File: what did he mean by that..png (538KB, 649x586px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by that..png
538KB, 649x586px
>>34749660
I don't get it, what did he mean by that?
>>
>>34749620
>>34750788
Is Russia those little swarming dinosaurs from Jurassic park 2?
>>
>>34751117
soviet union, but yes
>>
>>34749797
Kotor 2 was our game

we are all exiles

every fucking one of us.
>>
>>34751117
Actually, America is a Tyrannosaurus, Nazi Germany and it's allies are Gorgosaurus, the small running Soviet Unions are Giganotosaurus, and the UK is an Allosaurus.
>>
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a good one.

It's the only video game I've ever played that conveys a real narrative sense of powerlessness and despair.
>>
>>34749620
>UK did anything in WW2
funny
>>
>>34749620
US and UK lost approximately the same amount of men. And we were fighting the japs AND the nazis.

Fuck off m8
>>
>>34749775
Sure thing bud, this is what got me started:

>the game is fully three dimensions, with the 2D display only showing a top-down 2D planar cross section at a time, so if you're looking at a hill, you'll see a sliver of the hill, with arrows indicating that land is sloping up and down on the edges of the slice, and you'll need to move up and down the Z axis to follow along the hill
>CaptnDuck's YouTube video tutorials were really helpful for me. He has a new series for the newest version, look for DFVIDTUT2015. His vids are thorough for getting you familiar with the layout, and his accent is nice. Don't expect to memorise everything or feel fully confident after watching the videos, but it helps you familiarise yourself with the way the game is structured
>dwarffortresswiki.org is useful as a reference for looking up things you know do do, but don't remember how (draining a pond for instance), or what skills do
>absolutely get a sprite pack, I like using Guybrush, pictures in my above screenshot because it looks comfy to me
>don't be afraid to jump in and start exploring, you're going to fuck up but that's ok. "Losing is fun" is the motto of DF
>use "a" to view logs of what's going on
>create a corpse stockpile outside because rotting corpses in your Fortress stink, and it'll make your dwarves go insane
>when picking a location to embark, try to find a place with trees and a river, ideally without an aquifer (which can make digging underground hard)
>plump helmets are good as a good source, a brewing source with a still, and a crop that can be grown year round. Bring lots of plump helmets and their spawn.

I'll post again if I think of anything else that the other anon didn't cover either, but that's a good starting point with some guides!
>>
>>34749963
I kindo of get this points, but have no idea what to do next.
>>
File: 1485701842936.jpg (48KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
1485701842936.jpg
48KB, 800x522px
>>34752094
> there exist a person who was triggered by this pointless meme
>>
>>34753340
Basically, create a still and kitchen so you can start making food and drink, build craft workshops so your dwarves will feel fancy and you'll have exportable goods, create bedrooms so your dwarves have places to sleep, as new migrants come build up a militia for defence, and soon enough you'll have monsters come attacking your base and you'll have to defend.

Dig deep underground like a good dwarf to expose the riches in the underworld, and also let loose the horrors. You'll eventually find a cave, which may have rich minerals or monsters.

I like to find lava and build a blacksmith workshop to use the magma as infinite fuel, then I start smelting ore and creating glass, so I can make military equipment.
>>
File: our guy.jpg (122KB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
our guy.jpg
122KB, 400x720px
>>34749620
>"how people think WW2 was"
>not just "how Americans think WW2 was"

also in answer to the question, SMT games are robot as fuck.

Just make sure you go the Massacre route in IV:A, the Bonds route is Persona 4 power-of-friendship trash.
>>
King of Dragon Pass.
>>
File: 5npxzd.jpg (64KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
5npxzd.jpg
64KB, 640x512px
>>34751993
WW2 was "BRITAIN VERSUS GERMANY, and Friends"
>>
>>34751993
It's funny that you would infer otherwise. The reason Britain is so cucked today is the sheer amount it put into the war, it gave up the Empire for the war effort.
>>
File: 1446392471716.jpg (95KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1446392471716.jpg
95KB, 900x900px
>another high school historian thread
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.