[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO I STOP PROCRASTINATING? HELP

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: ree.jpg (261KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
261KB, 900x900px
HOW DO I STOP PROCRASTINATING?

HELP
>>
You can't, you'll probably procrastinate your suicide just like me.
>>
Delete 4chan

i wish i was kidding
people will vouch for me

you must delete 4chan
>>
Create peer pressure. Don't listen to any of the meme answers here. Tell someone that you need to get something done and tell them to come back and berate you after some time if you didn't get it done. Obviously you can modify this but the sensation of disappointment is really all you need.

Or you could try some sort of reward system for yourself, but that takes some more personal discipline.

>>34744233
This, just disconnect from the internet entirely if need be
>>
Make a checklist then select a task anf finish it, then repeat
Checklists for everything you want to get done it works
>>
>>34744265
I can't. I need the internet to do my work but I keep slipping down the rabbithole whenever I try to do anything
>>
Read the book Getting Things Done by David Allen best book ever
Break down all your projects by physical actions and get started
Good luck
>>
>>34744189
I have ADHD and something that helps me stop from procrastinating is wearing my work/outside jeans/pants. It puts me in a mental state of work.
>>
>>34744297
One tip that helps its to do one thing at a time, that way all your attention is in the current task, then select the next task and do the same thing
You need to define what is your desired outcome then figure out the very next physical action to get that outcome and do it or keep a reminder in a list of reminders
Basically write everything you want to get done down
>>
Keep a calendar
An actions list, things to do as soon as possible
A waiting for list things you expect other people to finish
A someday maybe list things you might want to do
A projects list, things you want to finish that take more than one action to finish
An a file with important information
And most importantly an inbasket where you capture all your ideas
Hope this helps
>>
>>34744437
>>34744377

Thanks, but I'm wondering if you have tips for specifically right now.

I have an assignment due Friday that I've had 2 weeks to do, and I've barely done everything. I've made a consistent effort to sit down and get work done. But I need to google and review academic, scholarly research, and every time I end up looking at something on a tangent, going down the rabbithole, and 2 hours later I've got nothing done.

Do you have any tips for forcing yourself to stay on the task at hand, at the immediate time?

Do I have ADD?
>>
>>34744530
*barely done anything
>>
>>34744530
Try the pomodoro method its basically a way to break down work in time frames
Set timer for 25 minutes
Pomodoro #1: work for 25 minutes
Break #1: rest 5 minutes
Pomodor #2: work for 25 minutes
Break #2: rest for 5 minutes
Pomodoro #3: work for 25 minites
Break #3: rest for 5 minutes
Pomodoro #4: work for 25 minutes
Break #4: rest for 15-25 minutes

And thats it, basically you have to discipline yourself to work for short periods of time and get enough mental rest to not burn out
>>
>>34744606
Alright thanks, I'll give that a try.
>>
>>34744530
break it down into two seperate tasks.

tonight is just gathering information. gather all the info and then decide how you want to organize it. what your thesis will be, your arguments and points towarss it.

the tomorrow, type it up in actual essay
>>
You need to handle distractions and interruptions in a systematic way
One method is to simply write down the distracting thoughts and interruptions so that you can keep on track on the current task
That way you can deal with them at a later time
>>
There is no easy way to beat procrastination. Do not waste your time looking for a way to trick your mind into being motivated. It is impossible. You have to just do the work. Successful people learn to work consistently without motivation, and are usually not motivated when they work. The only way to learn this is through practice. It is the same with push-ups. You cannot trick yourself into being better at push-ups either. If it were easy to be a hard worker, then hard workers would not say that the work is hard.

I think that it is best to gradually work up to your desired productivity level. Start by alternating short work periods with long rest periods, such as 5 minutes to 15 minutes. You can be productive for at least 5 minutes, surely. Gradually increase the amount of time you work and decrease the amount of time you rest by adjusting the lengths of the work/rest periods until you reach your goal.

Why not set a noble and respectable productivity goal for yourself?

The professional 40-hour work week is five 8-hour work shifts, each split up into four two-hour work periods separated by two 15-minute breaks and one 1-hour lunch. Alternately, you can work four 10-hour shifts each split up into five two-hour work periods separated by two 15-minute breaks and two half-hour lunches.

40 hours per week is just what the plebes do.to get by. You might instead aim for 60-hour weeks, which can consist of 6 10-hour shifts. This is the minimum required to attain mastery of an art, to become wealthy, or to become prominent.

These are the hours you should be spending on your job. This can be traditional employment, a home business, a serious artistic endeavor, serious study, or some combination of these. You should also be spending 1-2 hours per day after your work shift on chores. Chores are not your job. Chores are a fact of life. Cooking does not count as a chore. Cooking is a fun hobby that produces delicious food.
>>
>>34744606

I was going to try the Pomodoro method, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Does it work?
>>
>>34745005
This guy knows his shit. Currently work 40 hours a week. One day I dream to train myself to work 60 hours/week
>>
>>34744189
Procrastination is cowardice. You do it because you fear trying hard and still failing. If you want to stop procrastinating you need to believe in yourself, and/or allow yourself to endure the pain of failure. Success is only accomplished by those willing to fail, and pick themselves back up.
>>
>>34746111
No I procrastinate because work is dull and boring and shitposting 4chan is way more fun.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.