[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was 2005 like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (8KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 310x163px
what was 2005 like?
>>
I wanted a VuGo
I never got one
>>
Terrorism

Terrorism everywhere

Couldnt walk out your front door without getting allah achbar'd
>>
i met veronica
>>
>>34742412
they really made it feel that way right after 911 didn't they?
>>
>>34742412
I said 2005 not 2016(7)
>>
>>34742383

Went to Europe that summer for over a month.
Can attest to what this anon said>>34742412.
Tubeway was bombed a mile or so from where we were eating breakfast in London
>>
>>34742429
after the 2001 and the london 2004 attack, yeah, it dominated the news landscape.

and janet jacksons tit terrorized the american midwest
>>
>>34742449
it was alot worse back around 2001-2005
>>
>>34742449
You're either an idiot or underage if you think Islamophobia never existed back then
>>
>>34742500
kek'd so hard i nearly forgot about that incident. What times to be a live.
>>
Lots of weeb culture influenxe
Lots of emo/gothfags
Internet was at its bronze age
Youtube was barely popular
Life was still simple, no social media
Everyone had a fliphone or no phone at all
Myspace, AOL, Windows messenger
Vidya was still good back then
Cargo pants were cool
>>
>tfw in kindergarten in 2001
>get called into principal office for bomb scare
>had to stay hours late after school being interrogated
>didn't even know what the fuck they were talking about

Later I realize it was because at lunch I was talking to a friend about what would happen I squirted the juice all the way up to the lights and it short circuited and blew up the school and some bitches heard me say that and went to the principal.
>>
>>34742572
What a fantastic time.

The only ones who got offended back then was christian soccer moms.

now everyone gets offended.
>>
>>34742640
i was in grade school already when columbine happened in the district over. 911 sucked dick to sit through during school hours. i listened to a bunch of faggots saying they were related to some asshole that was killed in the twin towers completely talking out of their asses. ever since then i've been suspicious as fuck towards anyone that said they had family in the towers.
>>
>>34742681
except christian soccer moms.
>>
>>34742564
>islamophobia

you mean Islamic terrorism
>>
>>34742698
Tfw I am am not a Christian soccer mom
>>
File: SadOldMan.jpg (262KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
SadOldMan.jpg
262KB, 800x800px
>>34742640
>tfw in kindergarten in 2001

>mfw there are people on this board that doesnt remember 9/11
>>
>>34742751
I mean "western Christians being afraid of brown people "
>>
>>34742754
remember when you started getting into trouble for playing cowboys and indians or using toy guns?

That's when the world really started to go to shit.
>>
>>34742754
I remember it.
We got sent home early and I had a headache and my grandma gave me some tylenol which was the first time that happened, and I was watching the news because my head hurt too much to care to change the channel and they were talking about 9/11 but I thought it was just another fire. Also I live in New York city so
>>
>>34742813
ayyy my father came to my room and said "America is under attack!" I told him I'm not falling for that trick again. I watched the second tower fall before my father insisted I still went to school because this is 'murica we won't be scared.
>>
>>34742794
that was luckily after my time

>you will never again run around in a forest, playing war with a gun made out of left over planks and throwing pinecone grenades at your friends again.

I had a great childhood.

How the fuck did I end up here?
>>
>>34742383
halo 2, thats what is was like
>>
File: nostalgiablocks.jpg (85KB, 540x390px) Image search: [Google]
nostalgiablocks.jpg
85KB, 540x390px
>>34742794

every time. every time I made a spaceship with lasers with pic related I couldn't fucking pretend it was a spaceship with lasers. I had to tell my teacher it shot candy so I couldn't risk getting suspended
>>
>>34742794
>tfw you're playing with your tinkertoys and knocking down the towers with your hand and your mom yells at you that you can't do that
:(
>>
God it's so crazy how much shit changed between 05 and 08
>>
>>34742983

Hell, look at 2008-2012 and 2012-16
>>
>>34743003
08-12 sure
12-16 nah
>>
>>34742983
>05 playing Endless Online with a 51kbp AOL connection or runescape.
>17 playing battlefield 1 on 5mbp connection with no friends online in a different state.

ah how times have changed. Are we going to have an 00 decade documentary yet? Is there going to a remembrance of this perilous decade?
>>
Lots of white kids listening to Eminem and other hip hop pretending to be black, also lots of emo kids and both sides hated each other kek

Anime was still a fairly niche hobby

Young men were mostly clean shaven and beards were a thing for older guys

Video games was still a nerd thing, and a girl wouldn't be caught dead admitting that she liked them

Trump was just a businessman on TV with a funny haircut, nobody took much notice of him
>>
>>34743126
>Young men were mostly clean shaven and beards were a thing for older guys
I miss this part the most. Fuck hipster nu males
>>
>>34743126
I thought trump was a total asshole from seeing him on television back then. Don't forget ICP and the insaney clowns of death thing that happened for a little while. Those track suits and hatchet men are burned into my memory like a prostitute you want a refund from.
>>
>>34742383
It was horrible, los angeles was nearly leveled because of calypso.

You'd have thought ten years would have been the breaking point but noooo.
Fuckers keep getting sold by his lies.
>>
>>34742383
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>tfw
>>
>>34742771
Because of all the terrorism. I think hindus, buddhists, sikhs and atheists may have some concerns as well
>>
>>34742754
>tfw literally went to school in NYC
>tfw the gravitas didn't hit my 9 year old self.
>tfw te only thing that bummed me out was that I wouldn't get to see the view of the city from the towers.
>>
>>34743368

man I loved that fucking album somuch despite the jew media rating it low by FF's standards

that double acoustic cd was amazing and super comfy
>>
>ywn be at Coachella '06 for the pyramid

Feels bad man
>>
File: 1454304694523.png (134KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454304694523.png
134KB, 557x605px
>>34742383
I was 13, and chilling in middle school playing yu-gi-oh and magic, and playing every jrpg/platformer I could get my hands on. It was good times man.
>>
>>34743584
yeah i saw foos life, it was gud. Tenacious D opened for them.
>>
File: 1447834319044.png (33KB, 543x343px) Image search: [Google]
1447834319044.png
33KB, 543x343px
>>34742383
I must have been twelve or eleven, fifth or sixth grade. Best two years of my life.
> Have good friends, one guy I knew since first grade and two girls
> Liked one of them, and I'm pretty sure she liked me
> Same for my friend and the other girl
> tfw both the girls got rezoned to a different school
> tfw me and my friend got cucked by the school rezoning
>>
I was 10 so I don't remember shit

Actually come to think of it 2005 is the last year I don't have many clear memories of
>>
>Big tube televisions were still in the majority and rich people has plasmas.
>Flips phones
>Something awful.com was popular
>Internet stuff for still mostly for geeks and not ubiquitous yet
>Excited for Oblivion to come out on Xbox 360
>Rotten.com was edgy
>Technology hadn't made an entire generation of depressed cripples yet
>>
it was fucking great, just dicking around in middle school exploring the whole school going on the roof and shit no one really cared, no phones but people just kinda used AIM as "social media" i guess, pretty great time to be that age I think, grew up with video games with perfect timing
>>
>>34744317
now life is awful, that's what i'm getting at. don't like to think too much about those times, incites super depression
>>
>>34744332
it's just childhood. The world is a brighter place from the eyes of a child.
>>
>>34742794
When I was in kindergarten, we weren't allowed to build guns out of Lego. This was in the mid-'90s.
>>
>terrorists everywhere
>common subcultures included goths, emos, and weebs
>particularly weebs were disliked
>camera phones and flip phones
>cargo pants
>crt tvs and monitors were still in use, although flat lcd screens were becoming more common
>youtube wasn't big yet
>flash games e.g. on newgrounds and miniclip
>normies were adopting social media
>phone internet wasn't good yet so you had to move your pictures and videos to your computer before sharing
>msn messenger was also used in communication
>semi-geeky normies started to use internet language outside it
>video games were still considered somewhat nerdy, especially if you still played them when you were over 16
>reality tv and talent shows (at least singing contests) were popular
>"interactive" tv: you could use your phone to send text messages to participate in chats or games that were shown on tv (maybe more an early-2000s thing but still)
>everyone used vhs and dvd
>>
I dunno all I did was come home from school and play runescape until my parents kicked my 12yo ass to bed.
>>
>>34743083
That's all I play. Origin username?
>>
FUCKING UNDERAGE NORMIES RRREEE

GET OUT GET OUT
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.