[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Mormon guys super autists?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Mormon-245-509cc22326.jpg (40KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
Mormon-245-509cc22326.jpg
40KB, 245x220px
Called my local LDS center about converting. The missionary called me back half an hour later.

"Hello"
"Hi, who is this?"
"This is the Mormon missionary."
"Right. (I have caller ID) What is your name?"
"Oh... I'm Elder ____"

WTF?
>>
>>34742343
Elder is a title of one of the Priesthood Quorums in the church.

All missionary join the Elders Quorum before going out on their mission. The church then gives them that title for the years they serve.
>>
>calling somebody and just saying "Hello" when they answer the phone
kek, he might just be new and never did much formal or polite phone training- like my dad would have boxed my fucking ears in when I was a kid if I answered the phone or made a call like a goober but nowadays phones are personal rather than communal, I wouldn't be surprised if basic phone etiquette has died off.
>>
>>34742399
I got that.

Maybe it's just me. My point is, don't you usually tell people your name when you call them?

"Hi, my name is Elder _____. I am a Mormon missionary, returning your call."
>>
>>34742343
>>34742427

Depending on where you are that was probably just a new guy.

>"Hi, who is this?"
>"This is the Mormon missionary."
>"Right. (I have caller ID)

Are YOU autistic? Why wouldn't you just ask for a name?
>>
>>34742427
>My point is, don't you usually tell people your name when you call them?
Yes, that's common etiquette. He's probably new to the mission field, thus he might be nervous.

I mess up basic things when I'm nervous as well.
>>
Mormons are the nicest normies around, please no bully.

t. former mormon
>>
>>34742515
>calling yourself nice
the legendary "nice guy"
>>
Don't convert to Mormonism, man. If you want to become a Christian then join an orthodox Church (Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, most Protestants).
>>
>>34742573
*****former**** mormon, reading comprehension senpai.
but its true, they were the kindest in dealing with my awkward conversations or general quietness. the actual beliefs are retarded, but if youre lucky youll find a few people (and theres always a few) who dont believe any of it but just stick around for the community and social interactions. these are the people youll want to talk to.
>>
>>34742684
>*****former**** mormon, reading comprehension senpai.
yes, what i meant that you considered yourself a nice person, since you were a mormon
>>
>>34742728
ah that wasnt what I meant then, mormons were nice to me, but I was mostly an observer forced to be there by mom and dad. once i actually had the choice of attending or not i decided not to, mostly due to laziness desu
>>
>>34742599
Meh. Mormons have qt3.14 virgins.

Used to work with this autist, Mormon software engineer. Guy was overweight, annoyingly autistic with no game, but he had the best looking young wife of anyone I've met.
>>
>>34742802
Well if it's just to get married I guess it doesn't matter then.
>>
You might as well convert to Islam if you're hell bent on joining such a retarded religion.
>>
>>34742903
Well, it's also about being part of a community.
I could argue that they are the true form of Christianity. The Bible says, "you shall know them by their fruits." If regular Protestantism is so great, where are the young virgin cuties?
>>
>>34743002
>If regular Protestantism is so great, where are the young virgin cuties?

They exist. You'd just have to go to a very conservative church, like some of the Reformed denominations.
>>
>>34743002
>>34742802

>implying they don't all want Levi Thunderpeepee

Good luck, convert.
>>
>>34743060
Is there a stigma against converts in Mormonism? I know this exists in Eastern Orthodoxy for ethnic reasons, but I've never seen it in Catholicism or Protestantism.
>>
>>34743136

I got LDS missionaries from Ukraine at my doorstep.

In Utah.
>>
>>34743136
Not really, but they marry early and they marry ex missionaries, so unless you're young you'll get the reject left-overs, not the qts.
>>
File: stumble.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
stumble.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>34743201
>I got LDS missionaries from Ukraine at my doorstep
Nigga those are spies
>>
>>34742343
Maybe you might be autistic. Nice bait. If someone asked for my name over the phone I'd give it.

"Hey is X home"
"Who's this?"
"My name is Anon, etc"
>>
I wouldn't join a church that expects missionary activity from laypeople.
>>
>>34743379
>laypeople

No, they only expect it from the priesthood, who ARE ordained. It's just that basically everyone adult male is ordained. A lot of women don't do it because it's not expected of them.
>>
>>34743444
>It's just that basically everyone adult male is ordained.

This is what I mean. Reformed for example generally believe missions is only for ordained ministers.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.