[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wake up >go out >see this wat do? how would you react?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>wake up
>go out
>see this

wat do?
how would you react?
>>
>>34728319
I'd be torn apart like the rest of earth.
>>
These images of massive things in the sky are always eerie
>>
>>34728351

>torn apart
pls explain
>>
>>34728406
>fuck
uhhhh... cause.. uhh science. and uhh..... gravity... big.... and uhh pull.. ocean tides.
I don't know.
>>
Wouldn't i already be dead?
>>
>>34728406
Wouldnt the gravity of saturn bring earth crashing into it or something
>>
I'm fairly sure that at that distance gravity wouldn't affect the earth too much. This is like, Rhea or Titan distance.

Turns out gravity is an incredibly weak phenomenon.
>>
>>34728536
It's not as close as our moon, but saturn's a fuckhueg planet. We'd all die
>>
>go out
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>34728536
let me know when you can jump to the moon
>>
There's a cool spess world building Web page that let's you enter the mass of a planet / star and it will tell you how large it will appear in the sky based off of distance. Some ambitious anon should find something similar, then we can use another program to plot their orbit and see if we would collide or what g forces we'd be exposed to. Someone pls halp, I'd try but I'm phone posting
>>
>>34728650
I'm on the moon right now, anon.
>>
>>34728536
The massive radiation would probably affect earth though. I think the 60+ moons of Jupiter and Saturn are exposed to high doses all the time.
>>
>>34728406
A planet that size would affect the tides. New York and London would be underwater for a start
>>
File: th (25).jpg (13KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
th (25).jpg
13KB, 300x190px
Can we deport saturn?
>>
>>34728438
>>34728406
kawaiii-desu daisukiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>>
>>34728880
It's not a question of can
It's a question of when
>>
>>34728456
earth would be saturn's moon, we'd just orbit around
>>
I can see Uranus

hehehe
>>
>>34728319
uh go to work, i'm not going to skip work just because some fucking planet is closer than normal. i have bills to pay.
>>
>>34728611
>open a door leading to the outer part off your living space
>move left/right foot fowled
>keep following step 2 maybe 5-10 times
>you are now "outside" enjoy anon
>>
File: file.jpg (73KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
73KB, 600x590px
>>34728319
Happy. where all going to die.
>>
>>34728319
Accept the fact that Earth is now a satellite and buy a new boat.
>>
>>34728319
Brace for impact
Upon further looking I'd conclude aliens, pretty sure those rings wouldn't look like that if the planet was truly as close as it appears so it would have to be an ultramassive planet that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and what more realistic explanation than aliens

tl;dr rape
>>
>implying robots get out

We'd just die, without having to do anything, this is a nice death
>>
>>34728536
We'd be fucked.
>The equatorial diameter of Saturn is 120,536 km; that's about 9.5 times bigger than the diameter of the Earth. The surface area of Saturn is 83 times the area of Earth, and the volume is 764 times the volume of Earth. In other words, you could fit 764 planets the size of Earth inside Saturn
>>
File: muWVDb.gif (955KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
muWVDb.gif
955KB, 320x180px
Even though it's gravity is only 107% of earth. given how moon affects the tides Saturn being this close to earth would result in picture related
>>
>>34729266
>you could fit 764 planets the size of Earth inside Saturn

Just like in your mom amirite XDDD

End me
>>
>>34729388
That scene pissed me off to no fucking end.

How would water exist on that fucking planet? With tides like that you are looking at the very shape of the planet being altered. These tides would create an insane amount of friction resulting in an extremely hot surface aka no liquid water.

No to even factor in the fact it would be fucking tidal locked in the first place.

>>34728956
This depends on how saturn appeared. Did it get knocked out of it's orbit? It would fuck with Earth's orbit as it passed but I don't exactly know to which degree.

Someone do the math. I'm too stupid.
>>
>>34728319
I'd shit my pants because that's terrifying. I think I have some sort of phobia of large celestial objects. Even the moon and freak me out sometimes.

I just get this irrational thought that it's going to come crashing into Earth.
>>
Thank my dealer for the good stuff.
>>
>>34728319
IF YOU SAW SPACESHIPS OVER GLASGOW
WOULD YOU FEAR THEM?
>>
>>34729771
>No to even factor in the fact it would be fucking tidal locked in the first place.

You do realize this is a movie about extra dimensional human beings putting 4-D tesseracts inside of black holes so a man can communicate with his daughter through time on a watch to save the planet, right?
>>
File: indexc.jpg (13KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
indexc.jpg
13KB, 209x241px
>>34728319
>wat do?
>how would you react?

await my demise as our oceans and the atmosphere freezes slowly due to the increased distance to the sun
>>
>>34728406
Fucking gravity you retard
>>
>>34729859
yeah but it was all marketed as hard-as-fuck-science though.

The "Aliens" pissed me off so fucking much as well. Why the fuck would they go through all this trouble, all this insane work to communicate with someone when they could literally just do it directly? if they can alter space-time then I'm sure they could just send a letter or IF THEY ARE FUCKING FIFTH DIMENSIONAL BEINGS THEY COULD JUST TAKE EVERY PERSON ON EARTH AND MOVE THEM SOMEWHERE FUCKING ELSE INSTANTLY FUCK.
>>
>>34729919
Last I checked Saturn has moons.

Think about it.
>>
Wonder if it's made of cheese.
>>
>>34728956
The amount of radiation emitted by saturn would cook off our atmosphere in days, and all of us along with it
>>
>>34729953
and the moons are squashed and stretched as they go through their elliptical orbit
>>
>>34729771
Ok Neil deGrasse Tyson
>>
Shit is going to get super weird again, isn't it?

Will it be the end though? Will this be it? Valentines?
>>
>>34729920
Yes because a species so evolved it perceives time as another physical dimension would absolutely be able to talk to something orders of magnitude dumber than itself via fucking text message.
>>
>>34729920
Except that it's told they can't interact with the dimensions they create. And to get into one of these, Cooper had to enter a black hole.
>>
>>34730180
This
hey could only give us the means to save our asses it and hope we figure it out. Otherwise why not just use their super tech to revive earth ? I mean if you can create worm holes and manipulate time with no effort you're bound to be able to get rid of some plant plague.
>>
File: IMG_0226.jpg (70KB, 516x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0226.jpg
70KB, 516x402px
>>34729388
THAT FUCKING GIF GAVE ME THE BIGGEST ANXIETY ATTACK OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34728989
Good goy
Dont worry anon once the earth's atmosphere is destroyed we can sell you anti radiation suits and oxygen tanks
>>
I would stand on the porch, take out my dick, and have the most comfy piss of my life.
>>
I'd remember that Shelter music video and cry like a little bitch
>>
I'd leave this planet because I'm not gonna live in a cuck sattelite
>>
File: SaturnPassing.webm (2MB, 856x478px) Image search: [Google]
SaturnPassing.webm
2MB, 856x478px
anyone else get anxiety boners?
>>
>>34728319
i'd be a normal thing to see, like the moon or sun.

people in that generation wouldnt be able to imagine a sky without saturn in it.
>>
>>34730159
umm, yes?

Why wouldn't it be able to? I say "Food" and my cat understands me perfectly.

Ever talked to a child?

I'm failing to understand how something more intelligent cannot talk to something dumber tha--

ahh... kinda like what I'm doing with you then.
>>
File: aXX4KQk.jpg (95KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
aXX4KQk.jpg
95KB, 600x378px
>>34728319
THE END TIMES ARE HERE WOOOOOO!
>>
>>34728319
>pack my shit
>travel to the nearest mountains and stay there while everyone is losing their shit
>tidal waves end up submerging everything from coastal areas to cities hundreds of kilometers inland
>water goes away
>go down
>pick up anything useful in the wasteland
>go back
>repeat
>mfw I'm Noah
>>
>>34728319

Im no astrophysicist but I think the weather would be colder, so the image is therefore a dream.
>>
>>34729919
Not knowing something doesn't make you a retard. Way to shit on someone for trying to learn something new.
>>
File: IMG_0298.jpg (92KB, 562x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.jpg
92KB, 562x520px
>implying I couldn't use my magnetic brainwaves to save the Earth
Why haven't you thanked your God, robots?
>>
>>34731182
Child or even a cat are far closer to you than you'd be to a being that advanced. Try talking to a mosquito.
>>
>>34731525
arigatou, Gaia-sama!
>>
Anxiety would fill me then that lovely logical thinking kicks in and I begin to wonder why I'm not dead because gravity

>Aliens
>Hologram
>Dream
>Psychosis
>Mix of above (Matrix, AR/HoloDeck/VR)

Whatever the case it would be cool as fuck. Ive always wanted another planet in the sky. I love looking at the moon.
>>
blast this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPe9OD9a0Qs&t=117s
>>
Praise Moloch. The Jews were right. Praise the Rothschilds
>>
Would just wait for the Bogs to make a call that saves the Earth
>>
>>34731762

Are you telling me that we cannot communicate with insects?

Are you truly this retarded?

I want you to think very very hard about this. Please, think super hard. Think about the mental capacity of an insect. Think about how they communicate with one another. Think about what they communicate with one another.

Think about all the ways humans use insects for our own needs. Think about the ways humans fuck with insects.

just fucking think for once in your retarded little life.
>>
>>34730159
Id have to say yes too

We know how other animals communicate. We've even managed to speak to a few species. We know they feel.

A hyper advanced alien would likely decode our shit and start speaking in memes. It would be funny though to see something so advanced It seemed retarded. Like the creatures that created the reapers in Mass Effect
>>
>>34728319
Try to remember if the sky looked like that the last time I was outside.
>>
>>34729068

This. It would save me from having to kill myself.
>>
jesus christ can you imagine being on the planet when it actually starts falling into the gas giant

this is what nightmares are made out of
>>
How else would you react? One one answer:

"Shit the moons awful big today"

Fucking normies...
>>
>>34728406
retard thought that we would get torn apart if we were that close to saturn.

protip: we wouldnt.
>>
>Saturn
>have you been there?
>I've never been there.
>>
>>34728406
saturns gravity would pull the ocean over the land kind of like a really high tide
>>
>>34728319

Not only would the tidal forces on water be incredible, those same forces would cause continual earthquakes, pulling and compressing the Earth's surface as well has super heating the planets core
But that's minor compared to the life ending radiation emitted from a gas giant that close to Earth
Now would we be in Saturn's current orbit, that far from the sun would cause all kinds of problem with the planets surface temperature, if Saturn were orbiting in our current space the internet action between our star and a gas giant that close would also doom life on Earth
In the proposed scenario life would have never araised on Earth making the whole question moot
>>
>>34729771
Why, it is only water and time scale is skewed.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.