[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are we called "robots"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: huh.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
10KB, 284x178px
Why are we called "robots"?
>>
>>34723014
don't function socially like an average human
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (37KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
37KB, 960x540px
>>34723014
>"You're not people." :(
>>
linguistically, a robot has programming that cannot be changed.

a true robot lives with scripts (ie programming code) and does not have the ability to enjoy life spontaneously
>>
>>34723014
>new
devoid of life and human emotion
>>
>>34723014
Mostly because of the name of the board
most robots have no emotions, dead on the inside
mimic other peoples behavior to not seem odd (because they usually get ostracized)
at times get dehumanized because they don't fit
question what's it like to be (a normal) human

Only difference between a Robot and a literal robot is that literal robots have a purpose, it's why they were created, while a Robot doesn't have one
>>
File: tumblr_n2z9x1NPBh1twc22ho1_1280.jpg (305KB, 854x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2z9x1NPBh1twc22ho1_1280.jpg
305KB, 854x1920px
>>34723206
>literal robots have a purpose
>>
>>34723303
Yeah, a purpose, any kind of purpose, it's something
>>
>>34723442
Having a purpose seems really shitty. Why would anyone want one? I'd rather just exist.
>>
File: It's fucking nothing.jpg (211KB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
It's fucking nothing.jpg
211KB, 956x1280px
>>34723455
Robots look for a purpose to fulfill because in their minds finding one means they'll enjoy life, not just exist for nothing but self.
on the other hand, my normie-pal, you're not a robot, you're just lazy, selfish, and useless
>>
>>34723593
>lazy, selfish, and useless
Sounds like a bot to me.

I'm literally a hikki, I bet you're just some "depressed" college kid on here because no one wants to be your friend :'(
>>
>>34723206
Does it have anything to do with the recaptcha which forces you to admit you're not a robot (irony)?
>>
>>34723014
The name of the board is robot 9000, so the regular posters are called robots. It is mere convenience, and anyone who says otherwise is adding his own interpretation to a name that arose with no connection to said interpretation.
>>
>>34723014
>WE the ppl
>>
>>34723014
robots don't have sex

in the original sense
>>
>>34723014
the board is called robot 9000 you dunce
all board posters are named using their boards
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.