[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I fall for the alcoholic meme ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

Should I fall for the alcoholic meme ?
>>
Nah, makes shit worse in the long run. For the first while it's great and you think alcohol is magic juice. But gradually and subtly, it stops being really "great," and you just need it to feel "OK." Then if you really hit rock bottom it becomes necessary just to hit baseline.

Stage 1 of addiction at least still feels good, sort of. But it has the most instances of blacking out drunk and realizing you just emailed your college teacher asking her to sit on your face. The kind of embarrassment that happens while drunk is never COOL!!! like in the movies, where you do reckless but badass stuff. It feels that way in the moment, but when you wake up, it's always just stupid fucking cringe shit that you will never live down.

Stage 2 is dangerous and expensive for no real benefit, but you can still quit if you don't have an addictive personality. It's just pointless at this point.

Stage 3 is life-destroyer tier, if Stage 2 didn't do it to you already.
>>
File: raw.gif (915KB, 498x199px)
raw.gif
915KB, 498x199px
>>34721929
absolutely fucking not. unless you enjoy feeling nauseous and be hungover, and obliterate your liver.
>>
File: Billy-Mays1.jpg (158KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
Billy-Mays1.jpg
158KB, 650x400px
>>34721929
yes

everyone likes you better when you're drunk, anon
>>
If you can stick to being a weekend warrior, I don't see the problem
>>
>>34721929

As a guy with liver disease and alcoholic hepatitis from drinking, no.
>>
>>34721929
no anon, don't do it. instead of trying to destroy your life, try to make it better.
>>
Don't listen to these fairies. Manageable alcoholism is the best. I'm not gonna lie and say it's not addicting. But if you have some semblance of self control it should be easy for you.

First of all, NEVER drink to black out. Not only will this lead to embarrassment, but also some of the worst hangovers ever.
Second, only drink to excess when you've "earned" it. Hard day at work? Drink. Had to deal with your shitty family? Drink. Didn't do anything besides play video games today? Drink until you're drowsy then go to bed. Never get drunk after a day where you didn't feel stressed out or overwhelmed. You want your body to crave alcohol during particularly stressful days, that way during the middle of them you can think "man, I can't wait to get drunk tonight" that alone will give you the motivation to plow through the day.
>>
How often can I drink without falling into addiction ?
>>
>>34722046
This is fucking hilarious, but true

Its just a lot of people don't have any self control, and if they do, they usually lose it.
>>
>>34722060
2 nights a week, preferably the weekend when you don't have to work. But don't go overboard, hangovers when you first start are deadly. When you can drink 2 nights in a row without being completely sick, then you can add one more day in, OR on the second night add 2 more drinks to your line up.but never start drinking more in volume while adding another day. You'll just end up blacking out or getting sick to your stomach. Instead work on endurance until you can drink at least 2 nights in a row heavily and feel normal the next day, OR 4 nights of light drinking without getting fatigued. After that gradually add a day onto your set (taking 3 day rests between sets ) until getting buzzed every night is the norm for you.
>>
File: 1486124092465m.jpg (36KB, 1024x1024px)
1486124092465m.jpg
36KB, 1024x1024px
>>34722046
FAA (functioning alcoholic anonymous) here and this i agree with totally. We all have our vices. If i decide to drink alot tonight after work, this ones for you.
>>
File: 1481826939252.jpg (67KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
1481826939252.jpg
67KB, 602x709px
It starts out small.
Then you need a 1/4 bottle of whisky just to fall asleep.
Then you sneak to the bathroom at work to chug a flask of whisky because the thought of making it through the day without it is impossible.
Use memes instead
>>
>>34721929
alcohol and tobacco are the shittiest of all drugs and (probably not coincidentally) also the most accepted and deadly

stuff is only good when you hit the occasional sweet spot for its moderate relaxation effects which doesn't happen that often in my experience and for its effects on socializing

now I enjoy whisky now and then for the taste, but any alcoholics want to enlight me in what is so great about alcohol itself
>>
>>34722178
It's what I've been trying to make my family understand. "How about instead of my drinking, you guys focus on what's actually making me want to drink?" If i have a stress free, fun filled day. I can go to bed happy without even thinking of a drink. But when I have to spend 10 hours a day dealing with ass holes who speak broken english, there isn't any other LEGAL drug that helps me forget and deal with the stress.
>>
>>34722249
I'll agree with you on tobacco. I can't for the life of me see why anyone would willingly smoke cigarettes. But alcohol is something else.

I'll assume you graduated (or at least attended) high school. Remember that one class where you were ahead of everyone else, and every answer came to you like nothing? No matter the question you could feel that you knew it already. That's alcohol. An unearned sense of superiority, and smug complacency. With alcohol you feel like you understand every aspect of your life that's going wrong. Whether you'll remember it in the morning is another story. But alcohol gives you the blind confidence you feel when you give someone else on 4chan life advice, except you're giving it to yourself. It's not always right, and sometimes terrible. But you feel like you've accomplished something.
>>
>>34722431
yeah I'm 25+

what you're describing sounds like the dopaminergic action of alcohol. Interestingly, I have likely low brain dopamine / a misfunctioning dopamine system due to other factors and I almost never feel like this when I'm drinking alcohol, or only very weakly. I'll be acting when I've drunken a lot maybe a bit more smugly but I don't get the same sense of irrational superiority you seem to get from it.

I understand that this is a great feel which I've had in the past in weaker and stronger forms (especially playing a video game and leveling up triggers a considerably weaker but same form which is related to being set in this structure where you accomplish something by pushing up some numbers), but for me the main action of alcohol seems to be what I described in my post
>>
Why not? You are gonna die a virgin and unloved anyway. Never hurts to have some fun before then.
>>
>>34722431
>I can't for the life of me see why anyone would willingly smoke cigarettes

allegedly they have a stimulant and a slight relaxant (but not sedative, which is different and not only stronger) effect which works in nice synergy

I'm a social smoker of maybe 5 cigarettes per year but I can't say I've ever felt anything like that

I did shisha smoking a few times and I got some weird relaxing effect along with nausea, but I concluded that was because of smoke poisoning and not because of the tobacco
>>
>>34722586
the first cigarette of the day should give you a light buzz
>>
>>34722595
it's weird, weed has a clear effect on me but that has never noticeably happened afaict whatever this light buzz would consist of in detail
>>
>>34722675
that's pretty weird. you're inhaling, right?
>>
Getting loaded and listening to old songs is phenomenal.
>>
>>34721929
I mean, it doesn't solve anything. You will just numb all of your anxiety and concerns, but not resolve any of the issues that are troubling you.

I go through fazes of "alcoholism" where I will drink religiously, have crippling withdraws without it and neglect regular responsibilities. This ussually happens when I have a bunch of stressors in my life at the time and can't cope, so I turn to excessive drinking(and drug use) to not care about how shitty things are. I find that when life is going good, I'm stimulated and doing productive things I hardly have the urge to drink and wonder why I ever sunk to such alcoholic depression but something can go wrong in my life and Il fall right back into the same old trap. I'm 22 and live like a jaded 40 year old alcoholic, I don't know why.

If you're in a position to just drink all day with no responsibility and can afford it without begging or burdening someone else than go for it dude, it will numb any sorrow you have, if you have a job or responsibilities it can be detrimental to your life.
>>
Can anyone explain black outs to me? Closest I got was a brown out. I usually just throw up before I get to that point.
>>
>>34721929
yes, but only consume white drinks (vodka, everclear, etc). they don't fuck up your liver so much and hangovers are non-existent
>>
>>34722686
I cough pretty easily and don't inhale very deeply but I don't have the smoke only in my mouth either. maybe one cigarette isn't enough to produce much of an effect in this way. maybe I need some more practice

when I've smoked weed however I did notice an effect, but I somehow also coughed less when I did, and obviously I've smoked more at that time

when I've smoked shisha I've definitely inhaled, so maybe I just don't remember a stimulant effect that much, the nausea I got when I've kept the smoke in my lungs as well as a clear dimming of vision were noticeable, also the relaxation I got, which however was strongest when I was keeping the smoke
>>
>>34722744
A black out is just getting so drunk you don't remember what happened the night before. That's literally the only definition of "blacking out" there is, don't listen to any other retard
>>
>>34722744
In my experience, drink until everything gets blurry as fuck and then you feel like some kind of ghost wandering around giving 0 fucks about anything.
The next morning you don't remember anything but anyway you get a cringe attack that lasts for the rest of the day.
>>
>>34722803
How much do you usually have to drink to black out. I've thrown up and passed out before but never forgot what happened the night before.
>>
>>34722757
Dude are you fucking retarded? I think I lost IQ points just reading this
>>
>>34721965
>tfw stage 2
should I stop?
>>
Only cringy blackout thing i ever do is i'll make some stupid playlist for music and then listen to it the next day and laugh about it and then think "WTF"
>>
>>34722821
Any more than your body can process and clear up. If you drink 5 shots in 30 minutes You'll probably black out, but if you drink 5 shots over 4 hours you'll only get pretty buzzed.
>>
>>34722298
I hear ya bro just remember i'm pulling for ya, we're all in this together
Keep your stick on the ice
>>
>>34722864
Read
>>34722046

>Oregano communist.
>>
>>34722821
>>34722821
It depends on the person, if that wasn't onvious enough. Everyone metabolizes alcohol differently. I can drink 6 shots of 75% rum in 20-30 minutes and be decently drunk, some people would get alcohol poisoning from that. It depends on your body mass, alcohol tolerance and efficiency of your metabolism. In Canada you need to take a class to serve alcohol and they teach you all this shit

I'm a seasoned alcoholic and bartender
>>
File: 1486469391927.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1486469391927.png
337KB, 1144x888px
Just make sure to drink water all day that be at work or just before you know you're gonna be drinking makes hangovers non existent gatorade works too but it gives me heartburn bad
>>
>>34722249

I'm an extreme introvert, so I self-medicate to not be overwhelmed by sensory stimuli. I can barely read if I don't have a beer or two under my belt.
>>
>>34722972
That's autism m8
>>
>>34722876

>5 shots in 30 minutes

That's about the equivalent of 3 beers. Are you manlet or just lacking in piss fitness?
>>
>>34722995

Nah, I'm not autistic.
>>
File: 1415477242774.png (240KB, 784x596px) Image search: [Google]
1415477242774.png
240KB, 784x596px
>tfw got so drunk last night ended up blacking up and falling down a flight of stairs
>>
>>34723040

Last time I /b/lacked up, I ended up making swastikas in a childs social rpg
>>
Friday night, knowing you have weekend off, chilling and drinking some booze, is too comfy.

Add 50 precent comfy if you have Monday off

So chill senpai
>>
>>34722046
If I went by the reasons you gave to drink, which I think are reasonable things to drink to, then I'd get drunk 6 or 7 days a week.
>>
File: 606.jpg (140KB, 1279x960px)
606.jpg
140KB, 1279x960px
Stay away from wine and beer. They are more toxic than pure vodka.
>>
I'm aiming for the functional alcoholic lifestyle.
>>
File: 1337221526988.jpg (26KB, 358x449px) Image search: [Google]
1337221526988.jpg
26KB, 358x449px
>>34723040
>get blackout drunk a lot
>curious about what I do when I'm that drunk
>set up a camera before I start drinking
>black out
>watch the video, mostly sped up
>mostly just staring at a wall in the fetal position, with the same 6 songs on repeat the whole time
>>
Is there any sound sweeter than the bubbling of an airlock?
>>
>>34721929

No, loneliness and alcohol either results in suicide or delusion.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.