[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish my WoW guild suddenly reformed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: yogg_big.jpg (546KB, 1110x659px) Image search: [Google]
yogg_big.jpg
546KB, 1110x659px
I've got IRL friends. I love them; they're great. But I wish that every time I came home from work, I would be excited to log into some game and Ventrilo or Discord or whatever's popular today. I wish my old WoW guild was still around. That's where my teenage life went, and despite my adult responsibilities today, I think I haven't change any since then. At most, I'm the same kid, just a bit better at office work and a bit worse at games.

I wish that every day I'd come home and connect with kindred spirits. I wish I'd log into something and joke around and be a *player*, someone others would count on to get those server firsts.

I live alone, I support myself, I do my job. I have so much fortune, compared to what could be, but I feel empty (sometimes).

Today's Nujabes' birthday. Dude died in traffic years ago. Love that artist. Dead guy now. I'm listening to his albums and they're so melancholic. Modal Soul is pretty great if you haven't heard it. The whole thing's on youtube.

I'm drinking Resurrection, by Brewer's Art, a Maryland brewery. If you've never actually been there, they make pretty incredible burgers in their basement bar. The upstairs is fine dining, but despite its finer qualities it's just not as good as their bar.

I shouldn't feel lonely. It's just a worknight, another night where I do my thing, go to bed, and repeat the next day. I'll be with my friends this weekend. I dunno why things are hitting me right now.
>>
I'd do anything to go back to that time
>>
>>34717889
I'd do anything to have friends. I never got to do the whole mmo guild thing. I feel like I missed out.
>>
File: deaths_demise_big.jpg (190KB, 1446x623px) Image search: [Google]
deaths_demise_big.jpg
190KB, 1446x623px
>>34717889

I wonder if I would, too. I don't even know how to. What MMOs are good today? Or is there another thing that does the same feeling then, but now?
>>
I am 25. Married. Have a high paying job. My own house. Mercedes c250 2016 model. I travel the world and have experienced more then most could my age.

Yet nothing has made me more happy then playing WoW arena 12 hours a day from TBC till the end of Wrath.

A close 2nd in happy moments would be vanilla WoW.

Not even my marriage comes fucking close.

Holy shit i feel you OP so bad. I still sit at my desk listening to WoW lore videos at work.
>>
File: wowscrnshot011008213446yv8.jpg (380KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
wowscrnshot011008213446yv8.jpg
380KB, 1680x1050px
>>34717973
I wish anything felt as meaningful as that time did. Was it really that addictive? I have friends who were in AA, who were heroin addicts, etc. Just wish I'd find my calling in life and stop worrying about fitting in anymore, and just.... fly, you know?
>>
>>34717973
Normie pls go
Maybe your wife will die and you can be N Orc again
>>
>>34718115
It was such a fun time. Nothing but pure satisfaction and seeing results from the time and effort you put in.

It was so additive nearly 7 years since I last played i have fucking dreams of the dam game.
>>
>>34717972
Elder Scrolls Online latest updates make it pretty good AAA game especially if you play for the story
>>
>>34717491
looks like runescape 3
>>
File: candidatexiw4.jpg (196KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
candidatexiw4.jpg
196KB, 1680x1050px
You know, I still go to my old guild's website every now and then. I laugh at how naive my very first application was. I read through the discussions we had about strategy on Muru and other bosses. No one's posted on those forums since 2015, no one's posted anything meaningful since before 2010.

It's stupid. I just want to come home from work and belong to something that isn't either blood, or a corporation. And I cannot find it anywhere I look.
>>
>>34718225

I look forward to the morrowind expansion. I have not played much - does it feel like a world worth putting time into? Have you met anyone in it you like to play with?
>>
>nostalgia for thing i did as a kiddo
aq and naxx were fun but life was shit overall. it isn't a good thing if you weren't building up to something better and just wasted all your spare time to that shit. the social part of it took like 10-16 hours a week at most even for competitive guilds.
>>
File: algalon_big.jpg (605KB, 1377x561px) Image search: [Google]
algalon_big.jpg
605KB, 1377x561px
>>34718401
Is shit any better for you now?

not meaning to be derogatory, just curious. I wonder if everyone feels nostalgia like this for their youth, whatever their youth was.
>>
File: 1484073324383.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484073324383.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>In the guild you had a rank you could be proud of
>You had companions who could choose almost anyone else to band with. Yet they decided you were who they wanted for you
>Sense of grandeur and achievement, with anything that you did within game. A sense of notoriety amongst peers
>That sense of wonder, architecture, mystery of an unknown yet well established world, not exploited and grim like ours where anyone could be a hero
Is there any wonder why we were drawn into it? Why people who had little going for them in the real world to self actualise would enjoy this and look back with good memories.
>>
I used to be an RPer. I miss coming home from classes and excitedly wondering where our story would take us tonight. Even though I never met any of them outside of the game, all of those RPers were my friends. I miss them. I miss their characters. I miss the stories. It's been over five years since I last RPed with any of them, but I still remember the magic I'd feel as if it was just yesterday.
>>
>>34717491
Older fag here 33 I had a great raiding guild was so fun chill and we cleared like a boss 2 of my guildies died in car accidents and I lost 5 personal friends in Iraq i would have joined them but luck I miss these times..
>>
>>34718609
This was vanilla and BC times didnt get to play much wrath was fun but group of 3 friends no guild at this time
>>
>tfw wow is the only mmo with australian servers
>tfw swtor shut theirs down
>tfw the mmo market is wow, B-tier f2p junk or k-grind shit
>>
File: deranfall app.png (76KB, 1681x825px) Image search: [Google]
deranfall app.png
76KB, 1681x825px
>>34718540
A rank, right? I was an officer. I helped make choices on the loot council, and choices on which server transfers would just be trial runs and which would find a spot in our guild.

I remember vouching for a rogue with the legendary Illidan weapons, only to realize during trials that he must've been a talentless account-buyer. I remember going through recruit after recruit every week, trying to find a better tank than the one we had who just had trouble holding aggro when it was most crucial. All the guys from the other guilds on the server, who just weren't quite where we needed them to be.

God, it felt special. I make money now, I am a cog in a corporate machine. But back then everything felt more real, more important, despite being utterly fake.
>>
File: algalon strat talk.png (131KB, 1802x771px) Image search: [Google]
algalon strat talk.png
131KB, 1802x771px
I guess I'm just reminiscing tonight. Thanks for humoring me. I'm glad that other people still remember times like these fondly.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.