[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would I want to be productive?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: elizabethgillies.jpg (102KB, 800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
elizabethgillies.jpg
102KB, 800x1203px
Why would I want to be productive?
>>
>>34714416
no reason. if you dont like productivity in and of itself society has failed ingraining this arbitrary virtue into your mind. look for something else to do with your 80 years.
>>
File: 1442547584733s.jpg (1KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1442547584733s.jpg
1KB, 125x93px
i have to be to live no, so shouldn't my goal be to eliminate the need via technology or easy money or what have you?
>>
>>34714440
> 80 years.
pffhahahah
>>
>>34714440
That makes sense. I guess this applies to most wants. Arbitrary. I feel like I'm just playing a stupid language game with myself at this point though
>>
>>34714416
money
you need to be productive to get money
money can buy you drugs, pc parts and hookers
that's why
is there anything else in life?
i think not.
>>
>>34714507
>I guess this applies to most want
to all of them imho. thats the cool thing about it.
>>
>>34714512
It would make sense to want a life where you don't have to work. Look at retirement. I could do hobbies and stuff. However even if I don't need to work and just game all day or masturbate or whatever the fuck, I still have a guilty feeling I guess? Is that me just giving in to societal idealogy? Maybe I value certain things produced from productivity like knowledge and feel lazy because I'm not doing a thing I hold a value for? A jealousy?

Am I alone in this? What are your experiences anons?
>>
>>34714615
>Is that me just giving in to societal idealogy? Maybe I value certain things produced from productivity like knowledge and feel lazy because I'm not doing a thing I hold a value for? A jealousy?

no one can answer this but yourself. if you accept any advice to these questions you once again accept other peoples ideals. you have to make a choice authentically as to what you can commit to. this is obviously extremely difficult so good luck with that. i havent managed it myself yet.
>>
>>34714553
Thanks for the reply anon. Feel like I'm having an existential lapse over the word "should"
>>
File: 1430031433428.jpg (47KB, 600x450px)
1430031433428.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>34714677
True. Only self reflection can help me there, but even that requires a mirror.

I think I have a problem with discipline. It's painful, and in an ideal world there would be no pain no? So why value something painful? This is subjective though, and I guess my brain is just in a loop of what I should do but not having defined values to go off of. Maybe? I feel like a broken computer

>I think I have a problem with discipline
I don't know, do you?
>why value something painful?
Because you want to
>>
How does the idea of arbitrary values play with politics?
What's the point in arguing if it's arbitrary?
>>
>>34714811
>in an ideal world there would be no pain no?
i wouldnt want to live in a world without any pain and evil. imagine reading a completely blank sheet of paper or a completely black one. its boring. now a page with black and white text or a drawing, thats a story. in life you need pain and evil to some degree in order to feel a contrast when youre happy. i dont think that without pain there could be pleasure.

so how would an ideal world look? i have no clue.
as i said im still in the process of figuring out my own goals so good luck with your search.
>>
>>34714918
society can be built on either consensus, what most people agree on (a democratic system) or on what the guys with the biggest guns think (a dictatorship). individual life decisions only matter so much to a state.
>>
File: 1481685911232.jpg (21KB, 300x300px)
1481685911232.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Stop asking questions, goyim!! Back to work!
>>
File: dewDoritos.jpg (170KB, 635x640px) Image search: [Google]
dewDoritos.jpg
170KB, 635x640px
I'm beginning to believe that the comfy life is a meme
>>
File: file.png (212KB, 460x386px)
file.png
212KB, 460x386px
>>34714811
wtf this girl looks like aiko
>>
>>34714926
Thanks anon.
Thanks for your time with my ramblings
It's better than the other shit here, but just because other stuff is shit doesn't make something good
>>
>>34715101
What do you mean? As in NEETbux?
More abstract?

>>34714926
I can see the boredom. Go for a more Buddhist approach? Are we condemned to a a cycle of pain or pleasure or wanting and getting? Then It could go down to the nature of opposites, being and non being and stuff. If there is x then there is not x? I need to read more
>>
>>34715168
Don't know who she is just like the sad grill look
Maybe one day I'll read PunPun
Probably need to spend less time here
>>
>>34715015
Don't you have these sorts of questions too? Or do you have answers?
>>
>>34714968
So is political discussion just trying to convince the other? You can find more agreeable values through it though no? But I guess that doesn't mean "better"
At what point is there no discussion? I simply value y vs I simply value x? You can say you shouldn't value x?
I
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.