[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Did You Become a NEET?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: couch.jpg (92KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
couch.jpg
92KB, 849x565px
>Be Me
>Graduate High-school thinking that after being a loser for 18 years I would be making bank and climb the corporate latter
>Don't get accepted into any colleges or universities
>ok...
>Can't get a job anywhere except working minimum wage at a fast-food joint
>Go for last resort, join the military
>Have flat-feet, can't join
>Do what many men who couldn't join the military did, go to the police force
>Turns out you now need a law degree
>Can't get into law school
>fug....
>Live off parents
>Parents get sick of me
>Through me out
>Now work minimum wage at Tim Horton and spend all my income on internet service, food, water, electricity, and rent

Your story?
>>
If you have a job, you're not a NEET, just an employed loser.
>>
>>34711910
True, I keep forgetting the true definition of that word.
>>
if you dont have social/physical handicaps thats a pretty shitty excuse go work construction or drive a bus etc
>>
>>34711932
>drive a bus
That pays minimum wage

>work construction
I tried they wouldn't hire.
>>
File: 1444541757416.png (12KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1444541757416.png
12KB, 645x773px
>go to college for a semester after high school ends
>long story short, have really bad trip and start to face all of my problems at once
>realize college was a mistake
>contemplate suicide off the roof of the 12-story dorms
>drop out
>live with parents

That was the Christmas of 2014.

I hate my life and everything about me. I had every single chance to succeed and I pissed it all away. I'm not meant to be living.
>>
>>34711969
If you made it into College why would you still believe you had problems? I am not judging just asking because if I got accepted anywhere it would be like my life just fixed itself.
>>
>>34711965
driving a bus doesnt pay minimum wage in canada theyre union jobs
>>
>>34711965
>I tried they wouldn't hire.
move
>>
>>34711991
Like I said, I had a lot of revelations and one of them was that college wasn't for me and I only went into it because I had no other option. This wasn't just a community college, it was a full-fledged university and I wasn't about it. I basically went into it because of fear of being a NEET or anything after high school. And that worked out so well.
>>
>>34711879
I was always a loser, so when I graduated high school back in 2013, I just fell into it.

I've been trying to escape, but it's a slow process. I have a driver's license, but no car, and I have never had a job.
>>
File: frog it's not even christmas.png (245KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
frog it's not even christmas.png
245KB, 550x366px
>>34711879
>Drop out of college after a year due to depression
>Get put on SSRIs that unmasked bipolar psychosis
>End up in mental ward
>Spend time figuring out how to deal with new mental illness while memories of the psychotic episode torment me
>Four fucking years pass
>NOTHING HAS HAPPENED

I've been sitting on 4chan shitposting for at least 3 years straight. I'm pretty sure I lost all my friends too because I was too ashamed to face them after they'd graduated.

At least I'm fucked up enough to get money from the government.
>>
>>34711998
Then they're really really hard to get into

>>34712019
Don't have enough money to move.

>>34712023
If it was university you should have been set for life
>>
I got addicted to weed and now I'm not motivated to do anything anymore.
>>
>>34712019
>move
I'm sick of this meme. Unless you've actually moved with zero dollars and no job actually lined up, literally being homeless and somehow getting a job and a place to live with nothing at all to start with, then you have no merit advising someone to move.
>>
>>34712078
>Get put on SSRIs that unmasked bipolar psychosis

Think I went through this too but I never ended up in the psych ward.

I can't really remember much but things built and built and I felt really in touch with nature, literally the whole world made sense to me and I felt like I could almost see the future, felt a deep connection with God.

Basically things escalated and I ended up getting locked up by my family in my house and taken to a community hospital by the police where they gave me loads of benzos to help me come down.

Went to see a psychiatrist who queried BP but I blew him off eventually and am now depressed and isolated once again. wew kind of wish I'd kept seeing him and got answers.
>>
i've been a NEET for four years and 1 month now since i was 19. :( I got sick and lost a ton of weight. I was basically anorexic. I gained my weight back but i still feel symptoms by body is weird. i don't ever go out my house. i've been on med for depression and i don't get benefits. i live with my mom.
>>
>>34711879
>Now work
Do you even know what NEET means?
>>
>>34713278
>I can't really remember much but things built and built and I felt really in touch with nature, literally the whole world made sense to me and I felt like I could almost see the future, felt a deep connection with God.

Psychotic mania in a fucking nutshell dude, right down to the loss of memory and feeling of oneness with nature and God. The good news is there's a very reliable drug used to treat it, called Lamictal. SSRIs don't normally work on bipolar depression, so going back and trying a mood stabilizer could make you happier too.
>>
i have $35k school debt and social anxiety cant help me hold a job down

was NEET at my parents but got sick of their shit and moved into brother's and his wife's house

i help her with music shit and some computer shit

they're sick of me but know that i can do music pretty good because she wants to record her own albums but can't be bothered with learning how. so they don't kick me out.

started teaching little children how to play guitar/ukulele so i get a few hundred a week doing that. i bet i could make a shit ton if i didn't have social anxiety

will eventually record my own bedroom album and get somewhere in life either on my own or helping other people with their music

hope my shitbox car doesn't die
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.