[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

90's nostolgia

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: X33Fv.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
X33Fv.gif
2MB, 400x300px
I honestly don't get why people dawn over the 90's that much. Animated shows weren't that great in retrospect

Think about it we didn't have that many great shows in the 90's
Sure we had shows like
>X-men
>Spiderman
>Batman the animated series
>Swatcats and the like
>gargoyles

But there was alot of horseshit too that people liked because there was no other option
>Rugrats
> Hey arnold
>whinny the poo
>recess
>sanic
Anything made by klasky csupo

In the early 2000's when I was 12-17
I started watching anime vids

Once limewire and torrents were available we could get easy
access to anime like
>Gaogaigar
>Beastwars neo
>subtitled One Piece

and I hardly ever watched tv again, it was all torrents.
>>
god who gives a fuuuck
shut uuuup!
fuck off nobody cares
>>
>>34703360

Because for many people childhood was the last time they were content with life and the media surrounding it just reminds them of that. It's in the definition of nostalgia: "a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations" (google).

People who grew up in the 80s think it's the best decade, Baby boomers think the 60s and 70s were the best, Grampa thinks the 40s and 50s were the best, and there will be kids growing up today who will be fond of the 2010s in the future.

Also, you're just plain wrong about Hey Arnold and Recess being poo.
>>
>>34703360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6XePJyXilA

I'M BARELY BREATHING
I'VE GOT NO REASONS
>>
File: 1477194840245s.jpg (2KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1477194840245s.jpg
2KB, 125x100px
>>34703388
> muh insecurity
> muh only way to cope with being worthless
> is to make other people feel bad on posts they make
origonilioolllio faggot
>>
>>34703360
Doug was pretty comfy desu. Simon kind of reminds me of a Doug ripoff.
>>
>>34703403
>Because for many people childhood was the last time they were content with life and the media surrounding it just reminds them of that.

I don't get that childhood sucked if you really think about it
>homework
>bedtime
>lack of internet
>couldn't travel when you wanted because you had to ask your parents to drive
>chores
>lack of contact with people (lived in a lone house in the woods)
>vidya cost 79 on super nintendo so you would block buster everything and only buy rpgs once every 2 months with your allowance.
>couldn't watch anything at anytime because you just had to watch what was on the air
Nowadays everything is great
>work in games
>no chores
>vidya is cheap
>I can drive wherever
>I can torrent or stream a show whenever I want

Life is good.......
>>
>Remember 90's cartoons?
>I like some of them
>I disliked some of them
>In the early 2000's I started watching anime

Good thread, OP!
>>
>>34703360
Don't you dare forget Pepper Ann and Sabrina the Teenage Witch Animated Series
>>
people are just going to say that their child hood is better than what it is.

i kind of consinder watching shows/ movies on computer as watching tv.

doug is a great show that use to be on. disney bought the shows and made it stupid.
>>
File: giphy.gif (408KB, 624x345px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
408KB, 624x345px
REMEMBER THE 90'S?
>>
>>34703360
The Adventures of Pete and Pete is inarguably the greatest kids show ever made. Thoughts?
>>
>>34703360
I was born in 1982 so I got to experience the entirety of the 90s as a cognizant person. I have to say the internet and everything that came with it are both a huge advancement and setback. It's crazy how different my childhood was compared to someone that was born only a decade later in 1992.
>>
>>34703480
you pretty much got me figured out.
getting dubs helps with the feelings of worthlessness too though.
>>
>>34704202
Adding to this, a huge difference was just enjoying everything in the moment rather than recording and posting the dumbest shit. At most we had a disposable camera with us. Occasionally we'd record our dumb stunts and shit because Jackass was big at the time.
>>
>>34703652

>>34704202
I was craving warrior shows as a kid,
and there weren't that many airing once we got to around 96-97.
Anime came around and provided.

These slice of life shows never really did it for me you know?
>>
>>34704299
Yeah, DBZ got huge around 97 or 98 in the U.S. from what I recall. Toonami was a big deal for my friend group.
>>
>>34704339
>>34704339
>>34704339
yeah and once we got the torrents we didn't have to deal with the dogshit dubs
>>
>>34703652
Skeeter was a nigger.
>>
>>34704709
Skeeter's dad has a unibrow and thick black mustache. Maybe middle eastern or something?
>>
>>34704800
Maybe so. But he also dresses like a nigger. Maybe his dad is middle eastern and his mom was black
>>
>>34704800
I need mo allowance yodeleiooh I
>why?
Because I do

>tfw the beets aren't a real band

Awwweeeeeoooooh killer tofu
Eeeeawwweee
Ooooooowwwweeeeeoooooo
Killer tofu!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.