[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find feiends in uni? I dont talk with even my roommate.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (100KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
100KB, 1000x746px
How do I find feiends in uni? I dont talk with even my roommate.
>>
>>34700218
you don't, you're doomed to be friendless forever
>>
>>34700218
Get out of your comfort zone OP. Don't be a little bitch and actually try. Also don't over analyse conversations, just go with the flow.
>>
why do you want friends. also friends arent found, they're made.
>>
>>34700239
WHAT DO I DO EXACTLY
>>
Find some other dorks and be nice to them. Basically use them to practice social skills and then dump them when you get more refined. There is generally speaking less social stratification in modern colleges than there is in high school. People generally speaking won't think less of you if you associate with dorks in college from my experience.
>>
>>34700269
find someone on the same level as you. be a little brave. and dont fucking project your insecurities on others with the help of norms, "i thought we were friends!" etc.
>>
>>34700241
WHAT THE FUG DOES THIS MEAN?!

Im sick of shitty normalfag advice. I need to find someone to talk to in order to make friends. Nobody talks to me and i never talk to anyone. It doesnt help.that i was practically hikikimori for the first semester but there is never even an opportunity to talk to people.
>>
you were supposed to make friends during your first 2 weeks of residency
if you didnt do that you are fucked

The next best option is to join the club of something you are really good at, enough that youre better than a lot of the people already in the club circle. Most people will respect your skill so they will include you if youre not a complete autist.

If youre not good at anything youre just fucked man have fun getting no pussy
>>
>>34700346
Nice to see that I am not alone.
Le OP
>>
>>34700346
>excuses
nobody likes a whiny faggot. maybe that is why nobody talks to you.
>>
>>34700348
I already know this. I just create this threads in order to read that I still can find someone, but I clearly know that I cant. I wish I never born.
>>
>>34700269
Talk about the class, professor, timetable, the uni, just talk about random shit and go with the flow. Then when you have to go just ask them for their Facebook or if you have a class together so you can chat with them later.
>>
>>34700348
ive resigned myself to no pussy i just want to talk in real life for a change. if it wasnt for vocaroo id never talk.

>>34700364
there should be a "i fucked up being social" club but i know itd just be a shitshow or full of normalfags pretending to be lonely.
>>
>>34700396
Do I just talk with randoms? No one does this.
>>
Keep your door open in your dorm.
Talk to people in your classes.
Walk around your dorm, if people are playing video games or doing something you're interested in, or just hanging out, come in and say hi.
Join some clubs.

>>34700418
Absolutely everyone does this, you retard.
>>
>>34700218
Do you actually enjoy going out and doing things? I got irl friends, and for me it's not that fun. Sometimes it can be, but most of the time i just want to spend my time inside. If you do find friends, find friends that you absolutely have things in common with, If not it will feel more like a chore.
>>
>>34700429
I have seen ZERO cases where someone approaches a random and starts talking with him.
>>
What do if I don't live in a dorm? I literally go to class and go straight home.
>>
Start playing dungeons and dragons. Online if you can't find an irl group it will help you to practice speaking.
>>
Now I also missed 15 minutes of the lecture posting itt. I shouldnt have started uni at the first place.
>>
>>34700454
Then you're not only a retard but blind. It happens all the time. Fuck off if you want to deny reality and not take perfectly reasonable college advice. Enjoy having no friends ever.
>>
>>34700429
when? i dont believe people talk to strangers. I always see.this advice nut everyone ive ever known has friends through school, work or living together
>>
>>34700454
are you saying they all know each other from previous lives or something. just dont come off as pushy. think hard about how you would feel if someone below your status approached you.
>>
>>34700485
I'm literally saying to meet friends through school and living together (dorms). Can you not read?
>>
>>34700218
Why do you need friends? They're fucking useless and require too much effort to maintain. Find yourself a nice introverted girl and you'll be just fine.
>>
>>34700488
I will probably feel bad and try nit contact him anymore. You are right, I already fucked up everything. I shouldve learned social stull in school.
>>
>>34700511
>getting a GF as a friendless loser
good luck
>>
>>34700457
Not living in a dorm makes it a lot harder, but you should talk to people in your classes and join some clubs.
>>
>>34700494
I live alone.

nobody talks in lectures. My course has no group work.
>>
>>34700537
People constantly talk before and after lectures. If you live in a dorm then you don't live alone.
>>
>>34700546
i dont live in a dorm. I live in a single flat.
Yeah people enter and leave together. Am i expected to walk up to a group of strangers and just be like "hi, im anon the autist who talks to strangers". Sure if it was the first semester this'd work but eberyone has friends now
>>
>>34700546
> decided to follow the meme advice
> group is talking in front of class
> try saying something to them
> they look at you
> "who the fuck are you and what do you want"
> go to other place away from you
>>
>>34700518
so what exactly do you want. socializing is hard for everyone and deals with the same shit you do. I feel like people with self proclaimed social issues sabotage their own efforts, for example reaching for approval and playing characters thinking it will help them.
>>
>I don't even talk with my roommate
Why not? That's be a good place to start. Tell him you'd like to get to know him better and invite him to do something with you.
>>
>>34700577
People talk to each other in class all the time whether or not they know each other and you are a fucking idiot for thinking you're """"not allowed to""""

>>34700586
Nice bullshit fantasy
Keep acting like it's "meme advice" when you've never fucking talked to another soul in your life, you idiot
>>
>>34700586
what did you say. you probably accidentally revealed your motive while trying to hide it behind "im just trying to be friendly guyyyys".
you could have told them, hey who the fuck are you guys, who wanna be my friend.
just be honest and true to the fact that it's weird so its naturally kind of insincere.
>>
>>34700605

>>34700586 is not a fantasy. This is what happens.
>>
>>34700364
Fucking idiot, please kill yourself and your parents.
>>34700346
As for you, there is nothing you can do about it that will make things better. You can only avoid shitty experiences, first, get back to home from dorm asap if possible or drop out, if not, just fucking lol. you are asking for it (I wish I'd left school at 5th grade). Don't go open parties, and don't follow some loser to one(you'll find your caliber of people eventually) because you'll at best will regret wasted evening, which you could fill with your autistic hobbies, at worst-endless scenarios for the worst actually. Never ''be yourself'' if you can be passive, never ''try'' because you'll fail. Never risk doing anything illegal, this is the one I should emphasize- you will get never ending paranoia AT BEST. Do your hobbies, sit by the pc, be safe and enjoy fast food and other shit. The things that make your life better are mostly environmental, the things that fuck you up are ALWAYS your actions.
>>
>>34700595
He probably dont want to talk to me. He has some friends and if he wanted to talk with me he would already done it.
>>
>join a club
>start talking to people in classes as well

25 yo here, don't repeat my mistakes. There were 2 or 3 girls that were most likely interested in me, but nothing ever happened because I would avoid speaking to them. I sat next a qt asian chick for an entire semester and barely uttered a word to her.
College is ez mode for meeting people since you are put in contact with them and automatically have something in common. Just make some comment about the class, joke about a professor etc, and it'll go from there.
>>
>>34700218
Become entirely self reliant and stop caring
I did this and my life is so much better
>>
>>34700655
Have you tried to initiate at all? Don't assume till you tried. It's possible that you've given off the vibe that you want to be left alone and he's just respecting your space.
>>
File: 1483825209385.jpg (82KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483825209385.jpg
82KB, 900x900px
>>34700218
Do you smoke, Anon?

Honest question.
>>
>>34700218
Board game club. Board game cafe's. Martial arts clubs.

etc etc etc.
>>
Does anyone go to UofT here?

It's so fucking boring.
>>
>>34700721
I dont want to play board games and do martial arts.
>>
>>34700737
Fair enough. It's all i do really.

What do you like to do?
>>
>>34700737
Then cut yourself
Seriously stop being a fucking faggot. Half the reason I go and do judo is because of the social aspect. Get over it, stop being a fucking faggot
>>
>>34700722
Shame. Cigarettes are a great conversation starter.

>>34700737
What do you like to do? Draw, make videos, program?

Tell us your intersts.
>>
>>34700759
Play vidya, walk. Board games also look nice, but I am sure I will be just silenlty playing in their club.
>>
>>34700779
I smoke and no one has ever struck up a conversation with me ;(
>>
>>34700779
Programs are also inrteresing, but cs degrees are filled with faggots nowadays.
>>
>>34700721
i joined muay thai but it was full of angry people who wrre only into sports and drinking. They were too high energy and intense for me.

>>34700722
smoking is the only way ive found to talk to strangers. "Hey, do you hae a light?" is the best opener ever. They say no if they dont want to talk and yes if they do, nobody judges each other and its safe. You also immediately have smoking in common.
>>
OP, where are you from? If you live close I'll be your friend.
>>
>>34700784
The whole point with cigarettes is to ask one for or to ask for a lighter. After that, it's like a walk in the park. :)
>>
>>34700647
No it fucking isn't. I made all my friends in college and grad school talking to people I didn't know. And people talked to me all the time when they didn't know me. That stupid fucking greentext is what happens IN YOUR HEAD so that you can make yet another excuse why to remain a miserable fucking failure. Stop making up all these lies. You obviously don't want to have friends or a GF because you take every opportunity to self-sabotage. I'm telling you EXACTLY HOW to improve your social life by doing something that FUCKING EVERYONE does at college and you make up these nonsense stories because you don't actually want to succeed because it's too scary. You're a pathetic, lying coward.

>>34700780
Just join a board gaming club and stop making excuses.
>>
>>34700218
Why do you need friends? I've been lone wolf since 8th grade and I can tell you one thing, I'm more happier now then I ever was.
>>
>>34700824
I will try, but I already sure it is a failed idea.
>>
>>34700832
That's what I always thought but it's getting more difficult to be alone by the day.
>>
>>34700810
Man, you're way far from me. Too bad.
>>
>>34700840
You are sure it is a failed idea because you are a negative, self-sabotaging failure. You need to cut out that shit thinking because having a shitty attitude means you try less and you quit faster. The more you tell yourself you're going to fail, the more likely you are to fail. Don't tell yourself you're going to fail. Think about what success would look like and what steps you would need to take to get there, and take those steps.
>>
>>34700218
OP, I remembered!

Instead of starting to smoke sign up for.

!!!!!DANCE LESSONS!!!!

I danced slasa, bachata and kizomba for an year and I've met a bunch of people.

+ you can snuggle with a hot girl on a dance floor ^^
>>
>>34700218
Just talk to people bro, they all want to make friends

Join a sports team and go out a bit more, you'll meet plenty of new people and also some chicks

Good luck
>>
>>34701298
t. original normie
>>
>>34700665
also what i'm doing, it's great
>>
>>34701298
>Just b urslef xDD
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.