[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Invisible/ General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hitlerfeels.png (160KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
hitlerfeels.png
160KB, 680x680px
I have no idea where to even begin expressing the circumstances of my problem. The closest I can come to doing so is simply stating that it feels as if I am invisible not just to girls but to everyone in general. Like if I were to stop all talking nobody would even look in my direction let alone talk to me.

>5' 10" just barely a manlet
>7/10 face at least
>Not skinnyfat
>From what little I've been told from the few females that I've spoken to "interesting and mysterious personality" about me
>No obscure hobbies / niche interests, i.e. anime
>Above average intelligence
>No autism or Asperger's
>Relatively confident
>Have like 3 close friends

>Inb4 failed normie
>inb4 /out/

I don't even know anymore, I see other people quieter than me even getting talked to by chads and stacies all the time. I just can't seem to place my finger upon what exactly it is that is making it such that I blend in enough to not elicit suspicions of me being an autist yet weird enough to not be spoken to by anyone ever.

Any other robots get this feel?
>>
>>34695831
I'm pretty much you except I'm a skinny manlet. Still have gotten places with women, but never emotionally.

Sometimes I convince myself I don't care and the once in awhile fling will suit my solitude. I almost feticshize solitude and it's been dampering my personal relationships. I can sit at a gathering and mind my own business and nobody seems to pay any attention to me besides cordial small talk.

It's almost impossible to put into words this feel, but invisible kinda sums it up I guess.
>>
>>34695831
Yes. I don't talk at all though so it's understandable. Probably the 'mysterious' thing that's making you invisible. Myself and one other person that I knew have been called mysterious by girls and it isn't really a compliment. They're basically telling you that they feel like there must be more to you that they don't know because it's impossible (in their minds) for someone to be so flat and boring or reserved. You really don't see 'mysterious' guys in the real world get girls; movies try to portray the opposite of this but it really doesn't work.
>>
>>34695831
i don't understand how you can say that you feel invisible while having 3 CLOSE friends. it doesn't make any sense to me. explain?
>>
>>34695964
>they don't know because it's impossible (in their minds) for someone to be so flat and boring or reserved. You really don't see 'mysterious' guys in the real world get girls; movies try to portray the opposite of this but it really doesn't work.
it would probably work if there really was a mystery to solve and the person was not actually flat, boring or reserved. this would be on the condition that they were actually willing to reveal themselves over time though.
>>
>>34695976
They're all off in different parts of the country. Still talk over Skype occasionally but a majority of my nights are spent drunkenly staring at my apartment's ceiling.
>>
>>34696009

One thing about the word 'mysterious' is that it is a term that implies (when applied to humans) a sort of masculine hiddeness. Think of 'mysterious' people in cinema, they are always sexy and live with some burden that they must learn to overcome and for that can't really give women the time of day. I mean, I really don't think women actually believe that men can have some big secret that is preventing them from opening up or connecting to others. It would take something like "i am a monk that hails from the emerald mountains of Thailand and must remain virgin to preserve the sanctity of our monk fortress" or "I swore to my dying wife that I would never again touch pussy" to warrant such a reserved state.

So really, they don't intend on solving some crazy mystery that explains your oddness. I think it's more of a plea that you be more open towards them.
>>
>>34696095
>They're all off in different parts of the country.
ah, that makes it easier to understand.

have you ever tried doing something attentionwhorish in real life? maybe it sounds silly but what if you picked up some weird fashion trend just to draw attention to yourself? if you're interesting enough to keep friends then it sounds like the main issue is getting people to notice you to begin with.

it seems like there are a good number of people who shamelessly seek attention in superficial ways. now that i think about it, my suggestion may be slightly autistic but if you're confident like you claim to be, maybe you can pull it off.
>>
>>34696295
I've considered this many times, the only attention this would attract towards my person is unauthentic and fake. The people it would attract would as such, naturally be unauthentic and fake because of this.
>>
>>34696262
i think it could be an honest belief that there is something more to them, at least some of the time. when people are unknown to you, it's easy to idealize them or project desirable qualities onto them and i think this is what some women do with men who seem to be holding back. it's probably a hope that a man is more complicated or more compelling than most of the men they meet and understand instantly. maybe the issue is that very few people are abnormally interesting and it creates a false hope that, when revealed to be untrue, turns a person off in a way that it wouldn't if they hadn't been building this person up in their mind.
>>
>>34696401
>The people it would attract would as such, naturally be unauthentic and fake because of this.
you could be correct. if you want to stand out in a less superficial way, maybe you could try taking one of your hobbies and somehow making it visibly apparent to people that you're interested in that thing. anything that could help initiate a conversation on the subject. i know you said no niche or obscure hobbies but i'm guessing that this means popular hobbies which would mean more random opportunities to connect, which works in your favor.

also, you said that you see other people getting talked to by chads and stacies. how often do you try to initiate conversation and what is the result?
>>
File: 1430055300880.jpg (125KB, 792x684px) Image search: [Google]
1430055300880.jpg
125KB, 792x684px
>>34695831
Actually yeah I know this feel very well. I have no idea why's that but it's pretty bad here too. I remember getting to a college meetup where nobody knew nobody, there was this one girl who would literally go around in a circle introducing herself and she actually just skipped me as if I didn't even exist.

Other than that, I always get left out when people add each other on kikebook. Nobody ever adds me. Nobody. Even people who seem friendly with me.

I suppose my anonimity extends to real life... It's actually a good thing once you embrace this.
>>
>>34696491

When I witness 2 or more people talking in a group I move in near to them to over hear the conversation. When I feel it is appropriate, I add my 2 cents into the conversation hoping to be included. This almost always ends up with them responding to me with 1 word/ sentence responses, then resuming the conversation normally without me. It is better at this point for me not to try to rub salt in the wound so I usually don't bother anymore if this happens.
>>
>>34695831
>tfw your description fits me pretty well too
fuck, I have no meaningful input but here's a bump.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.