[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is culture so boring now? There's no interesting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Why the fuck is culture so boring now? There's no interesting music or movements, movies are still pervasively taken over by capeshit, TV besides a few shows is boring and networks are still churning out reality shit, or everything is injected with some social justice message shoved down our throats.

Youtube was once cool but is now ruled by a bunch of boring ass normies who when you watch them, you wonder what the fuck are these people going on about.

God when the fuck is something going to happen to reset this shit? I don't feel the 10s were that bad of a decade compared to the 00s which were boring as fuck also, but something has to give.
>>
>>34690259
Happy 18th birthday anon! We love you! (:
>>
>>34690305
Thanks mom :)

totes oregano!
>>
Eh, being 27 I just stopped caring and stop having hope for media and entertainment in my early 20s.

I used to be big into hip-hop and besides Danny Brown, Chance and a few others last year, I'm done with that shit.

Movies I just watch what interest me. I can't stand Marvel and Disney's nostalgia baiting, so I steer clear from that shit. I was never interested in Star Wars or Super Heroes

TV, Westworld is cool. Game of Thrones is getting tired but luckily they're realizing that so they gave it about 2 more seasons to wrap it up. And that's the best thing about HBO, they know when to end something. People whines but shit can't go on forever people. It's an actual plot driven show not your fucking childhood Sesame Street and such.

SJWs? On their way out kid. For the past few years they've been embarrassing themselves and with less redeemability to save themselves. Plus the fact that it seems like Trump is playing hardball, it's coming to an end or they have to change their tactics.

Even then with the push of politics and social issues in entertainment people are going to get sick of that shit and you're probably going to see a return of political apathy and an apolitical generation come forth because of it.
>>
>>34690259
Why don't you create something and stop complaining about what other people are creating. I doubt you could do any better or you would have already done it.
>>
>>34690259
read a book you fucking faggot
>>
Get off of 4chan bro this place is the lowest common denominator dregs of society most people here are either going to end of up killing themselves or junkies.

Bunch of fucking losers. Especially /r9k/
>>
File: 1461706955223.jpg (61KB, 631x780px) Image search: [Google]
1461706955223.jpg
61KB, 631x780px
>>34690663
>Gee, anon, why don't you become a script writer or some shit to sell your idea to Hollywood so the producer can cut you out of the creative loop and rewrite your movie via focus group.
>>
>>34690259
speaking of good shows you all should watch black mirror
>anything to fill the void am I right?
>>
Stuff isn't boring. You just don't know how to interact with things.
>>
>>34690259
TV is greater than it ever has been in history you dumb fucking faggot. Stop being edgy about everything. Hollywood has been on the decline, with about 1 or 2 actually-good movies each year in recent times. TV on the other hand is undergoing a great revival with numerous awesome shows going on right now and in the recent past.
>>
>>34690259
This is the result of multiculturalism. The entire purpose of culture is to be a normal backbone of society, not a mind-numbing entertainment drug spike. Multiculturalists have nearly run out of places to nab ideas from. Nothing is new anymore and the thrill is gone. Only the lost will continue to look to the media. It's time to turn your back on mass media and go back to your roots. Kill them through starvation.
>>
>a different protest for something different every hour
>dozens of new terms for stupid bulllshit made per day
>hundreds of different subsets within subsets and shit
I have no cue what you could possibly want,
>>
>>34690259
>looking to "culture" to not be bored

There's no reason to watch TV or movies. Do you not read books?
>>
>>34693384
there's a reason they call it entertainment
>>
>>34690259
Solution: start your own new subculture
>>
>>34693755
The point of life isn't to sit, stare at a screen and be "entertained." That stuff is for normies. Rise above.
>>
>>34691533
>numerous awesome shows going on right now
what are those?
>>
>>34690259
I think the real culprit is copyright law. Innovation of any kind, including cultural innovation, occurs by building on prior work; it's never the case that great things spring from a vacuum or fully-formed from Zeus' head. Since we now live in a world where "building on prior work" is called "copyright violation," all we have are shitty licensed products and even shittier YouTube sketches about nothing.
>>
>>34690259
You're lazy if you can't find your niche.
>>34691424 knows what's up.

There are great bands and artists and groups and writers in your area. Move to a fucking city man. DIY venues with cheap beer (because no license) are fucking dope. Gallery openings. Open mics at a book bar. Book readings at book stores. All sorts of dope shit is there, gotta go outside and be uncomfortable and say a couple awkward "Hey. Whats up, im anon."s to some weird fucker with gauge earrings that you dont want to talk to but the girl in the blue denim dress he's with is cute so you gotta use this insecure fucker as a stepping stone to get your insecure ass into her corner.
>>
Instead of consuming everything why don't you produce something? Consumption is inherently boring.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.