[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becomming a buddhist monk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (77KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 1024x787px
I want to finally break out of my monotone, purposeless life and become a buddhist monk.

So far, I've spent the 22 years of my life infront of the computer, lurking fourchins and playing vidya all day.
Recently dropped out of uni, and hit a brick wall in my life.

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, interests me. All I do for 10+ hours every day is watch videos on youtube and play vidya. Over the last year, in which I have been unemployed, I gained a ton of weight, and had multiple harsh disagreements with my family.

They're all russian workers, barely speaking german, trying to get by. Now that their smartest son willingly stopped going to the university, they last all faith in him. I was supposed to be the posterchild for my 5 cousins and my sister, and I fucked it up. Now, I have more or less an outcast. The men despise me, and the women all feel sorry for me. But they know that I am in a dire situation.

To be frank with you, I will propably kill myself in a couple of years if my life ends up revolving around working for 8 hours to come and play vidya all day. The current, "normal" system that I am trying to force myself into, apparently isn't a system that I belong to, and I feel it.

However, thinking about become a priest, resetting my life altogher and devoting it to something has been something I contemplated for a while, but I never had the balls to do it, until now.

I fucking feel it inside my chest, and I have not felt such certainty about anything in my future before.

Right now, I have nothing.
I eat shit food, play vidya, jerk off to obscure shit on sadpanda and it can't continue this way.
I don't see myself living a normal life, and I am willing to give up this NEET life to find a purpose, to gain discipline and to make this prison planet better - for me and for others, as cliche as that sounds.
Some radical changes have got to be made.

What advice can you give me on that topic?
>>
>>34685767
to become the buddhist monk you must embrace
that the monotone and purposeless life is you
>>
>>34685767
What have you done to make your current situation any better? Your life and a buddhist monk are polar opposites, and yet you think a switch is somehow possible without years of indoctrination into a buddhist mindset. You lack the aptitude to become a monk if you cannot bring about change in the life you already have.
>>
>you must desire to have no desire

lads...
>>
>>34686002
The thing is that I do not feel comfortable in my current situation, I don't feel comfortable with the way that people are laying out my life for me and with the options that I have.

All the other solutions, like learning a trade, finnishing uni, seem like half-assed bandaids to me.
I lack many, many valueable traits, courtesy of growing up son to a single mother. The only change that will steer me away from this degenerate, self-destructing lifestyle is radical change.

However, my life and the buddhist life are much closer alligned that you might think.

Apart from sitting on front of the screen all day, I share a lot with monks.
>>
>>34686154
I cannot tell you what is best for you, as only you can discern that, but I will tell you that you have not though about this nearly long enough. You seem to have cornered yourself mentally into thinking that becoming a monk is the only radical change that could fix your life which it isn't. Given the life you have now, there are still plenty of options that of course sound horrible to you now because you know nothing of them. You have yet to discover anything you enjoy because of a lack of experience that you mistakenly think is characteristic of you. Think about things more over.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.