[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you supposed to make friends?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1408468454253.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1408468454253.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
It's recently come to my attention that one of the main reasons I'm so alienated from my peers, is my unwillingness to humour pursuits I see as stupid/trivial/degenerate.
I can't help but think if I were only a bit more agreeable, it would be easier to make friends.

Thoughts?
>>
>>34677278
Do you have humor sense? If you have then what kind of?
>>
idk dude you seem like a dick
>>
>>34677278
>How are you supposed to make friends?
Friends are a meme, empower yourself.
>>
official patrician reporting in imma have to check that card real quick
>>
File: 1477780620919.jpg (137KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
1477780620919.jpg
137KB, 740x746px
>>34677290
I'm a sarcastic asshole.
>>
>>34677278
Hey, I'm in the same boat. On the one hand crushingly lonely, on the other a cynical bitch who thinks everyone is a) vapid, banal or boring or b) degenerate or c) ignorant and stupid.

I honestly wonder if the former caused the latter- I'd rather be a bitch than a doormat.
>>
>>34677341
>I'm a sarcastic asshole.
You kinda answered your friend question.
>>
>>34677278
Stop giving so much of a shit and look for things in common and to enjoy in other people, rather than things you disagree on or think are stupid about them.
>>
>>34677341
that is the opposite of funny
unfunny as fuck
im just mad now
>>
>>34677353
>vapid, banal or boring
Christ, just say boring. I can already tell you're insufferable. I bet you say "ba-naal" in normal conversation.
>>
>>34677419
There are gradations of the word. honestly, I always use the simpler word in conversation and use other words in essays.
>>
>>34677278
You shouldn't pretend to like things that you actually don't like. At the same time, you should also not judge people for liking things that you personally find stupid/trivial/degenerate.
>>
>>34677459

you were being redundant, which is bad writing dummy
>>
its just you come off really judgemental like you think you're better than everyone
>>
>>34677419
That's how you're supposed to say it. You don't say "bane-al".
>>
>>34677497

bane?al
>>
>>34677278
basically true

For a start people have different subjective tastes so it is irrational to get worked up over the fact someone else's tastes differ from yours.

Also, while banter shouldn't be a big deal, if that is all you do it will get tiresome. If you were playing one of your video games and Chad was standing there going "lmao that's lame, go out and get some pussy bro" for 10 minutes you'd eventually tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>34677476
>At the same time, you should also not judge people for liking things that you personally find stupid/trivial/degenerate.
It really depends on those things.
>>
>>34677278

you don't get along with people because they waste their time on dumb things

do you waste your time on dumb things? if so, we have identified a hypocrisy. start by resolving this.

if you do not, why are you making posts on r9k? you should be studying or creating art or exercising.
>>
>>34677278
Friendships (and good-quality relationships as a whole) require mutual interest in bonding. If you think something is stupid/trivial/degenerate, and most of your peers do that thing, you're going to be an outcast.

Your options? Swallow your superiority complex and participate in the activities (or discussions of the activities), surround yourself with more like-minded people, or accept your isolation.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.