[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stop drinking now stop smoking now stop sexing now

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

stop drinking now
stop smoking now
stop sexing now
>>
>>34673663
This is the third straight edge thread tonight.
>>
>>34673663
don't worry I haven't done any of them and don't plan on it
>>
Is that fugazi threat?
>>
File: 1473139638245.jpg (32KB, 795x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473139638245.jpg
32KB, 795x600px
>day 2 smoke free

I'm trying anon. It's hard. It's really fucking hard.
I'm not gonna stop drinking though that's all I have left.
>>
Hardcore punk is probably the worst cultural movement in American history. A bunch of white kids throwing temper tantrums about their lack of "real" problems doesn't make for good music.
>>
Fucked up, got ambushed, zipped in.
>>
>>34673767

The worst cultural movement in world history is when your cunt mother let your father shoot inside her.
>>
I'm so glad I do none of this shit except sex because married. I do vape though so am I a failure?
>>
>>34673767
>he thinks punk is an American counterculture
Yikes.
>>
>>34673809
This post is actually fucking genius because the usage of the word "culture" is referring to the biological term
>>
>>34673809
Whenever I make this point some punk fan has to prove it by throwing a temper tantrum over some light criticism. Every. Single. Time.

>>34673845
Just because British record labels most famously learned how to profit off it doesn't change the fact that Americans did most of the heavy lifting in its development.
>>
>>34673767
Kind of like people that post on this board
>>
>>34673887
>Just because British record labels most famously learned how to profit off it doesn't change the fact that Americans did most of the heavy lifting in its development.
The ignorance in this post is astounding.
>>
>>34673887
You don't know shit about hardcore nor do you understand it. Do the kids a favor and shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1486349128867.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1486349128867.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>>34673767
Spot the nigger. You are the nigger.
>>
>>34673946
> Hardcore thread
> Spouts racist nonsense

Fuck you too
>>
>>34673767
the worst cultural movement in history is the degeneration of black culture
>>
>>34673981

>racist nonsense

Fuck off m8.
>>
>>34673981
op here this is not a "hardcore" thread you libshit, go back to /lgbt/
>>
>>34673912
Whatever man you and every hardcore kid are a bunch of fags
>>
File: logo1.jpg (25KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
logo1.jpg
25KB, 500x200px
>>34674019
It is now fucboi
>>
>>34673767
no hippies are
>>
>>34673908
>The ignorance in this post is astounding.
Really? Let's look at the facts:
>All notable proto-punk bands are American
>The first punk groups are American
>British record labels manufacture punk groups (The Damned, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, The Undertones, etc.) in order to capitalize on teenage angst.
>In doing so they completely neuter the music, and make punk a genre more comparable to that made by The Supremes and The Ronettes than by that made by The Velvet Underground or The Stooges.

After the collapse of the Sex Pistols, the British did make meaningful contributions to post-punk and new wave, but the inferiority complex of those involved with hardcore destroyed them because these kids couldn't stand any music that was actually creative or interesting.

>>34673912
>You don't know shit about hardcore nor do you understand it. Do the kids a favor and shut the fuck up.
I actually research the things I dislike, so I know a great deal about it. Let's just look at the songs themselves:

These are bands revered by fans of the music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nviui4oI80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ONlH9ieqgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hof4EESpe_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHR-rzUjCzU

They're all groups of white suburban teenagers blowing their non-issues way out of proportion. The exaggerated response is just laughable. It makes a song like "Fuck da Police", which is about a very real and serious issue, sound like a kitten's purr. This is essentially all of hardcore punk; the only two exceptions are Bad Brains and Misfits during their short hardcore phase. No compare it to a song made by kids with real problems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY
Just look at how much calmer and more rational their response to a far more desperate situation is. Hardcore doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
>>
>>34673762
Get a foid addiction. Find chips you love and never stop eating them to replace ur smoke
>>
>>34674298
You named top 40 Brit bands. Punk was shit then and so is your post.

You researched hardcore and that's what you came up with. You really don't know shit about shit, stop trying to rationalize your lack of knowledge about a scene that's been around longer than you have been alive.

Fuck you.
>>
>>34674298
>which is about a very real and serious issue,
Dumb niggers getting shot isn't an issue.
>>
File: matthew-niederhauser-indonesia.jpg (64KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
matthew-niederhauser-indonesia.jpg
64KB, 700x466px
>>34674298
> White kids

Hardcore is worldwide and someone that post on this board could never understand it.
>>
>>34674391
>You named top 40 Brit bands. Punk was shit then and so is your post.
I guess Crass is a fair exception, but that's really the only one. But they still only managed to make the same sort of whiny, immature, and egoistic music the hardcore bands did (what else can you expect from anarchists?). Even the X-Ray Spex had more in common those bands than with anything else.
>You researched hardcore and that's what you came up with. You really don't know shit about shit,
I listed the celebrated classics of the genre. It's easy to learn about a "movement" by learning about that which they revere. I think those groups are a fair characterization of the genre. I could have also included Minor Threat screaming about the non-problems of spoiled white teenagers too. Maybe I could have also included Darby Crash's ramblings on the same topic.
>top trying to rationalize your lack of knowledge about a scene that's been around longer than you have been alive.
It's also managed to produce just as much good music too.
>>34674461
Due to this influence of American culture, this happens to practically every type of music created in the US. Maybe some foreign people can actually make something worthwhile with it, but considering the style was designed to exaggerate the non-problems of spoiled white teenagers, I highly doubt that.
>>34674393
The song deals with a great deal more with that. What I wanted you to take away was just how maturely they confronted the very legitimate issues they faced while white kids were throwing temper tantrums about their lack of problems.
>>
>>34674672
Hardcore doesn't celebrate shit, especially a dead junkie like Darby Crash.

I hope no one interested in hardcore reads anything you have posted because you are /mu/ tier clueless.
>>
>>34673663
I like Bad Brains a lot
>>
>>34674461
You do realize you are posting on this board, right?
>>
>>34674795
My girlfriend showed me this site. She said this board is the worst this place has to offer. After a night of browsing I can see she was absolutely right. It's wasteland of whiny self centered people.
>>
>>34674744
>especially a dead junkie like Darby Crash.
As far as I can tell he's just as celebrated a figure as anyone else. I've also never met a fan of this music that dislikes Germs, Descendants, or Black Flag. But since you've brought up the issue of drugs let's do another comparison:
Here's Minor Threat turning a serious issue into whiny, egotistic garbage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypkmp6D90KU

And here's Public enemy dealing with what was essentially a plague on their community from a far more rational perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8GbDYeKVZA
They're even able to deal with it as a societal issue; Minor threat fails to overcome their petty individualism.
>>
>>34674934
Descendants are a fucking pop punk band, the germs were just degenerate trash, and Ian Mkgay was a whiny fuck that turned his back on hardcore because it was too violent.

Seriously fuck off with your punk history book nonsense. I can only imagine you watched some shit documentary made by other dumb fucks claiming they created the scene.

It's not something you can explain with music because it's a lifestyle with many different roots.
>>
>>34675035
>Seriously fuck off with your punk history book nonsense
It's more accurate than your revisionism.
>Ian Mkgay
Didn't know that the hardcore scene tolerated homophobia.
>I can only imagine you watched some shit documentary made by other dumb fucks claiming they created the scene.
I spent hours reading up on scene, listening to music, reading old zines, etc.
>It's not something you can explain with music because it's a lifestyle with many different roots.
It's a cult for self-centered teens who are too edgy to become Objectivists. The amount of A's they spray paint or Kropotkin they read doesn't change the fact that their disposition is the same.
>>
>>34675182
> I spent hours reading up on scene, listening to music, reading old zines, etc.

Hahaha, fuck you. I've spent over half my life involved in a real scene, not reading zines, and definitely not spray painting children's political symbols.

What a waste of my time arguing with someone that was never involved.
>>
>>34675182
>>34675367
You know, the guy does have a point, you can't talk that way about a contemporary subculture without first hand interactions.
>>
>>34675377
His only answer to my assertions is " you just don't get it, maaan." I might not be entirely right, but I am onto something.
>>
>>34674298
One of the founding punk bands in the US were Bad Brains. They were all black, you cant just say since they were short lived they weren't fundamental to hardcore in the US.
>>
>>34675685
I said they were an exception in that post. Still doesn't change the general trend.
>>
>>34674298
How are you gonna say "Fuck da Police" tackles serious issues and ignore songs from bands like Minor Threat talking about drug abuse in the punk scene and spurring an entire movement from that and talking about race issues. Just cause YOU dont see what band sings about as issues doesnt mean they arent issues. I love Memphis rap, but I get that most of the issues they talk about are pussy and pride. I dont say I hate them because of it, I just get that it is the issue they decided to talk about through their music. Literally the core message of the "white suburban teenager" punk music is to talk about the monotony of their shit, like six pack by Black Flag. Just cause they are screaming doesnt dilute their message. Looking at the origins of it, you would be a fucking idiot to find that out of place. Grandmaster Flash has roots in R&B and funk, Punk has roots in Rock and Roll and Garage Rock. If you are angry about something your songs are gonna be angry, just how NWA was in most of their songs. I dont know if its your issue with autistic sensory overload or some shit but if it is, dont shit on punk cause of it. Thats your damage.
>>
>>34675831
I actually dealt with the way they addressed drugs in >>34674934. The difference between those groups and bands like NWA or Public Enemy is that the anger is entirely justified.

I don't have a problem with the subject matter, but I think the way they expressed it is just silly. Someone like Springsteen wrote about the same problems, but his music was far more appropriate.
>>
>>34675960
Fair enough, see where you are coming from. I think the intensity of it is just stemming from adolescents who were making it, like some of these bands had literal kids playing and singing. They didnt really have the maturity nor talent to express themselves like Bruce Springsteen or some 80s and 90s groups did, and that is pretty obvious in the subject matter and the music itself instrumentally. I think it is just the product of angst and infancy kind of, its not wrong, its different but I can understand why someone wouldnt like it now that I got a response that wasnt just its loud or annoying.
>>
>>34674461
add me my dude
i need more hardcore lads
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038779301/
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.