[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate academia

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: women_are_filthy.jpg (69KB, 821x560px) Image search: [Google]
women_are_filthy.jpg
69KB, 821x560px
Why the fuck is there so much obtuse terminology in the field of mathematics?

Every single fucking concept is given some name that is, at best, some dead guy who nobody fucking cares about, or at worst, misleading and entirely counterintuitive.

Why the fuck is this absurd academic circlejerk permitted in the current year?

All mathematical terminology should be revised from the ground up.

Don't even get me started on inconsistent and unintuitive notation.

Only incel neckbeards desperately clinging to their superiority complex will disagree with this.
>>
mathematics is a very diverse field when put into application i guess
>>
>>34670474
>>>/sci/8654711

Nobody reply.
>>
It's a very very old subject with lots of contributors from all over the world.

If you don't like it don't specialize in a field that uses it, especially since you're clearly too retarded to deal with more than one way to express a term
>>
> pic
I AM 1 % LADS
>>
> inaults incels
Go avay.
>>
>>34670474
>is hung up over labels
>doesn't discuss a single theory or concept

academia doesn't need you lad
>>
>>34670474
math people don't shower have you seen them?
>>
>>34670516
truth

like a lot of mathematical concepts are named after agricultural concepts because they came from agricultural backgrounds (germ, kernel, root... so on)

so what would you name them after, op? your animes? asuka's horned sphere? the heero yuy theorem?
>>
>>34671705
I laughed at this post

I actually quite enjoy the agricultural terms used in mathematics
>>
File: 1470055097959.png (619KB, 824x807px) Image search: [Google]
1470055097959.png
619KB, 824x807px
>only 30% of women shower daily.

What the fuck this is disgusting
>>
>>34670474
It's almost like the math terminology is all... imaginary! See what I did there? It's a pun. Nobody loves me...
>>
I'm studying IT and my major issue is that a lot of the writers of this material don't seem to have the first clue at communicating models of how things work to people who don't already have the knowledge about the subject matter.

Maybe it's just a thing with technology that once you've mentally 'mastered' it, it's harder to even imagine what it was like to not understand - but it's very very frustrating trying to learn about IT at an average uni.
>>
>>34670474
I like computer science because the names of algorithms and structures are based mostly in English and not Latin. Less namefagging theorems and principles. Turing machine, von Neumann architecture and Dijkstra's algorithm are some of the few exceptions. Everything else is easily associated with the theorem or algorithm. Bubble sort, binary search, quicksort, object-oriented design, agile, scrums, sprints, structures, classes, objects, etc.
>>
Mathematic notation is unintuitive, but pretty efficient. That's why I printed out a table of math symbols and constantly use it for reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mathematical_symbols
>>
>>34672590
Greek letters suck. Leave that shit in Greece.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.