[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreamers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

File: images (2).jpg (35KB, 425x346px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
35KB, 425x346px
Any lucid dreamers in here?
What techniques do you use,
What do you like to dream of
What are your experiences?
>>
File: 334583.jpg (27KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
334583.jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>34666724
I lucid dream about sucking my own dick and I always finish myself off

Am I god ?
>>
Sometimes I have an outer body experience like I'm walking around my apartment. And the weird thing is I see my roommate making breakfast and shit while I'm still asleep. But it's like I feel extremely weak, more like sedated, like I'm blackout drunk or high on heroin or some shit. And I generally feel very scared of being seen. But I walk around the place and then I wake up with flashing visuals (patterns of some kind) in my eyes.

but isn't this for

>>>>/x/
>>
>>34666746
>not dreaming about sucking BBCs
>>
File: face_of_uncontrollable_laughter.png (814KB, 604x717px) Image search: [Google]
face_of_uncontrollable_laughter.png
814KB, 604x717px
>>34666724
I dunno.

I had adult swim on last night. I could hear DBS on the television in my dream. Like people in it were talking, but instead of things relevant to the dream, they were just spouting DBS quotes.

>Public bathroom in the dream don't even know why
>Gokus voice goes:
>"How bout showing me just a teensy bit of that power so I know it's true"
>From one of the stalls
>Wtf
>Wake up
>mfw
>>
>>34666827
You do this intentionally or it just happens? Sounds cool I've had similar obe but I live alone and wasn't worries about being caught
>>
>>34666827
But do you see what is actually happening (e.g. Roommate making breakdast) or is it just a dream basically?
>>
>>34666874
I'd say it's a dream. I mean the images are just realistic, like what my place might look like at the time, but they're not actually happening in real time (not that I can check every time)
But yea they're damn convincing and I control my movements . it's why it's called "lucid"
>>
>>34666917
That's awesome dude. You should do some tests like move a specific object and see where it is the next day and shit.
>>
>>34666965
there's just like a very ominous feel to it. Can't explain it besides that I feel very wrong, very weak and very terrified, generally nightmare-ish, in these dreams.

So...even though I control my actions, I'm too terrified and groggy to think anywhere near straight. maybe it's kinda half-lucid
>>
>>34667120
Im guessing you have a bit of anxiety or something day to day?
I've had similar feelings while semi lucid and if I let go and relax you can turn the experience around.
>>
>>34666724
I've had chronic nightmares and night terrors since I was 4 years old, so when I was a young child I spent a lot of time in the library studying lucid dreaming. By the time I was 8 or 9 I could do it proficiently.

I use the signalling method, where you identify things that occur frequently in your dreams and look for them in your waking and dreaming life. When you see those signals, it tells you that you are awake or dreaming, and allows you to lucid dream if you're asleep.

For example, when I'm dreaming, I can't read numbers or letters normally. If I look at a clock, the numbers consistently change. If I try to read a book, the letters move around and I can't read anything repeatedly. So if I'm awake and doing a check to see if I'm dreaming, I'll look at a clock or a book. I can also change my body composition, fly, breathe underwater and several other things in my dreams but they're harder to test.

When I do manage to be fully engaged in a lucid dream I try to navigate away from the source of my nightmares and into the things that I can't do IRL.

Most frequently I go on killing sprees and practice necrophilia
But sometimes I just find a body to cuddle with
It's not very exciting but it's what I want most that I can't have in my waking life.
>>
File: 1421005618915.png (655KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1421005618915.png
655KB, 1680x1050px
>when you figure out how to do psychedelic drugs inside of a lucid dream
>>
>>34666724
itt: /x/-tier roleplay

fuck off, none of you have ever had a real lucid dream

the people who talk about it being spooky are the biggest bullshitters of all, there is nothing spooky about being in control of everything around you
>>
>>34667484
YOU've never had a lucid dream

I've not mastered it, but I have been fully lucid before, and being in control of your entire environment is a misconception.
>>
>>34667512
No, it really isn't.

You haven't had a lucid dream, if you had you'd know. And you probably never will since you're a simpleminded dipshit that discards the truth.

I started zen meditation and vipassana 2 years before I had my first lucid dream, meanwhile couldn't control your mind for 30 full seconds if your life depended on it.
>>
>>34667484
I posted >>34667380
Absolutely no fucking roleplay here, I'm being completely, 100% sincere. For most of my life, when I'm asleep, I'm able to observe my surroundings and determine if I'm asleep or if I'm not. If I am able to distinguish between reality and my dream, I can control my dream. The majority of the time I can't, and am trapped in horrible fucking night terrors and nightmares. But some of the time I can figure out what's what, and do something about it.

All because you can't do something doesn't mean it isn't real.
>>
>>34667484
You seem like a real open minded person writing off everyone's experiences as bullshit.

There's nothing paranormal about lucid dreams. They're just fun to do and work on.
>>
>>34667613
*unsheathes my chakras and they begin to glow*
wanna take this argument to the astral plane, cupcake? heh......... thought not
>>
>>34667380
Is lucid dreaming a constant, or do you alternate between lucid and regular dreaming?
>>
Experiences are experiences guys. Everyone has different experiences and different levels. Chill out and enjoy some discussion.
>>
>>34667688
I alternate. When I am having a lucid dream I usually struggle to not go back to being in a full dream without awareness of what's real and what's not. When I can really fight it, I struggle to not wake up. It's hard to balance.
>>
>>34667615
Who the fuck says I haven't done it? I started doing it 10 years ago before any of you have ever heard of it. Back when it was real esoteric shit, and not some hipster tulpa-tier bullshit for /x/ retards.

I have done it, and whole lot of other shit you probably haven't even read enough to know about.

Meanwhile kids like you think the regular experience of "knowing you are dreaming" is lucid dreaming.

No. When you have a real lucid dream everything that is happening instantly stops just like if you'd paused a video game. It is a completely unmistakable experience.

>>34667631
Depends on your definition of paranormal. I don't think it has anything to do with spirituality necessarily, but if you think there is nothing "paranormal" about waking up inside your own mind, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>34667484
>itt: /x/-tier roleplay

>>34667613
>I started zen meditation and vipassana 2 years before I had my first lucid dream
>>
>>34667747
>everyone is a special snowflake and all experiences are the same and valid

No, fuckwit. A lucid dream is a very specific thing, and if you've never done any serious meditation in your life, there's a 99% chance what you've experienced is just a particularly vivid dream.
>>
>>34667774
>he thinks meditation is roleplay

Know how I know you're an uneducated retard, and you don't, and never will have the capacity to experience the ineffable?
>>
File: 1437005243877.gif (236KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437005243877.gif
236KB, 500x500px
>>34667772
>No. When you have a real lucid dream everything that is happening instantly stops just like if you'd paused a video game.
>>
File: groan zone.png (417KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
groan zone.png
417KB, 500x700px
>>34667772
>>34667808
>it's an "anon with a superiority complex tries to kill an entire good thread" episode
>>
>>34667808
Sorry I didn't read the post saying
FULL LUCID DREAMS ONLY
No semi lucid no vivid dreams no cool experiences!
Chill man. U had any lucid dreams? How was it?
>>
I tend to just give myself superpowers. Jump, fly and glide around, toss fireballs, rasengan things.

One one occasion though, I did something more interesting. I asked to see the true nature of things. Immediately I noclipped through the floor and found at the heart of the world a mechanical core, rusted and forgotten. The Earth was actually a huge machine, built for a purpose long forgotten, and around which the rest had just grown.

Also, they say if you imagine 'the grey man' he will appear and instantly wakeyou up. For me, just the thought of him usually does it. He's a colourless man in a raincoat and hat, who just watches from a distance.

Because of my lucid dreaming I can also power out of sleep paralysis as though busting out of restraints. Always with a cry of fear though.

The method I use is consistent reality checks while awake. Then, if you sense something is off in the dream world then it will break you out of it when you do something automatically part of your behaviour. I used to keep a note on the back of my phone, because text is often jumbled in dreams. Now, I try to push my fingers through my hands. If you are dreaming the tips will come out of the backs of them, almost like an optical illusion.
>>
>>34667843
Did you practice shoving your head this far up your ass in lucid dreams before attempting it in real life?
>>
>>34667772
Does it have to pause or is that just your experience?
I call paranormal unexplainable by science IMO and I'm pretty sure it could be tested with brain scans.

Still trippy though hey. How often can you do it?
>>
>>34667947
>they say

Stopping you right there.

Lucid dreaming is based on expectation so what you expect to happen will happen because you are basically in control of your fucking dreams, to whatever extent.

Theres nothing further to it than that.

You read about this, you expected it to happen and it did happen, as you expected, even subconsciously.
>>
File: 1485197388448.jpg (38KB, 576x617px) Image search: [Google]
1485197388448.jpg
38KB, 576x617px
>>34667772
>you think the regular experience of "knowing you are dreaming" is lucid dreaming.

It literally is you baka

Lucid dreaming is being aware of and/or in control of your dreams, there are various levels of lucidity where you can have awareness for a few seconds and lose it, or have full awareness of being in a dream but no/little control etc

Its more nuanced and subjective that whatever the fuck you are talking about, what you mean everything instantly stops? You mean like when you first get that sudden lucid awareness moment? I've had that before too.
>>
>>34667893
There is no such thing as a "semi-lucid" dream, that's my whole point.

>>34667859
If it was a good thread, I wouldn't have shat on it.

Instead its a bunch of kids passing around misinformation about an esoteric concept, and circlejerking about their "spoopy" but completely mundane experiences.

If even one person in this thread said something of worth, I wouldn't have bothered.

Anyways, feel free to continue, I'm out.

Check out the luciddreaming subreddit to get more smoke blown up your ass. Definitely dont actually do any primary research, like on vajrayana buddhism, dream yoga, etc.
>>
>>34667988
Well, fair enough. It had that effect anyway. Further to that, it's very much a 'Free your mind, Neo' feeling. After all, the situation feels real and it's a big leap to believe that you can have incredible powers. They tend to be limited in scope, often more visual effects than full blown powers.
>>
>>34668070
>They tend to be limited in scope, often more visual effects than full blown powers.

The only limit is your own mindset/imagination

Its your own private world for fucks sake, like daydreaming but more immersive and vivid
>>
File: walking clock.png (207KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
walking clock.png
207KB, 500x385px
>>34666827
I had the same experience.

>Often have sleep paralysis
>Sometimes able to have OBEs
>Stay over friend's place
>He gets up early and I "dream" about him during sleep paralysis
>Float around the apartment and see him eating breakfast
>Wake up soon after and see friend eating breakfast in the exact same spot
>>
>>34668069
>There is no such thing as a "semi-lucid" dream, that's my whole point.
yes there is
many people in this thread have already pointed out that, for beginners, lucidity can be hard to maintain, and there is a spectrum between fully lucid and fully not lucid. Just the same as there is a spectrum between sleep and not sleep.
Stop being such an autist
>>
File: destroy me.jpg (44KB, 476x395px) Image search: [Google]
destroy me.jpg
44KB, 476x395px
I cant even have normal dreams. please somebody help me. i havent had a dream in years
>>
>>34666724
this emo faggot who goes to my school named elijah lucid dreams
>>
>>34668135
melatonin and sporadically timed alarms in the wee hours. immediately think of what you were just dreaming and write it down
>>
>>34668069
>There is no such thing as a "semi-lucid" dream

Yes there is, its dependent on your level of awareness, and it can be solid and stable or fleeting and vague
>>
>>34668172
I've had insomnia as long as i can remember. melatonin hasnt really helped much, any alternative to this?
>>
>>34668109
I understand that. That was the point of my post: that I lack the self-belief to really do amazing things. Just like the rest of my life really.
>>
>>34667987
It has to pause. If the dream just continues around you and you're like "huh, I'm dreaming," you aren't lucid.

I've done it about 5-6 times in my life.

As for what the people in the thread are calling "lucid dreams," I have those a few times a week.

>>34668036
Wrong. That's literally the definition of "lucid" is awareness, so good for you for reading the dictionary definition.

However what people have been talking about as "lucid dreaming" or "dream yoga" or whatever else, since before you were born, is something completely different. There are no "levels of lucid dreaming" like youtube "experts" will tell you, you either do it or you don't.

And if you're the kind of person who can't sit on the floor, and keep yourself from thinking a single thought for at least a minute, you haven't had one. Try it. Chances are you won't even notice you're thinking half the time since you're so new to the concept.

Anyways, pearls before swine. I'm out.
>>
>tfw lucid dreaming doesn't exist
>tfw it's just a normal dream, where you are strongly convinced that the actions being taken by your "character" in the dream are the ones you actually want to take
Its no different than hypnosis. It only works since you believe it works; since you become thoroughly convinced that the person has control over you, you give them all control over you
>>
>>34668194
talk to a doc
ambien, valium, nyquil/benadryl? (go easy on the last one though because it's bad for you over time)
>>
>>34668199
Go ride your high horse out of here I'm fairly certain you have it all wrong though.

Dream yoga is lucid dreaming.

Again all you are talking about is different levels of lucidity, much like we all have different levels of visualization capability - both factors which can with discipline, focused effort and time, be changed and improved.

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Galton/imagery.htm
>>
>>34668208
>>tfw it's just a normal dream, where you are strongly convinced that the actions being taken by your "character" in the dream are the ones you actually want to take
just like real life with freedom of will
deep, bro
>>
>>34668135
Cut out heavy drinking or drug use.
Get a proper, consistent sleep schedule.
Dream journal, the moment you wake up, capture the memories of the dream and write them down. Even a short lapse in trying to remember a dream could lose a lot of it.
>>
>>34668241
thanks anon, i'll ask him next time im in.
>>
File: 1445286092456.jpg (21KB, 444x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445286092456.jpg
21KB, 444x400px
>>34668208
Wrong.

Stephen LeBerge ran tests in his lab instructing lucid dreamers to perform a series of choreographed eye movements when they attained lucidity.

These were different from normal REM type (random) eye movements that we do in our sleep when dreaming, because they are deliberate eye movements, done by subjects who were aware they were dreaming and remembered to perform the eye movements, which were monitored in the lab and verified to be the ones they agreed on before.

Thats just one example, there are dozens of tests and studies done mate, lucid dreaming is a real, scientifically validated thing, its not like tulpas, OBE's, AP it has scientific backing, through careful experimentation and observation.

Plus anyone who has had a lucid dream - especially those who have had them for the first time in their life, will tell you that the sensation and feeling was different from their normal dreams, and the fact that you can be lucid and in control and in the next moment lose that awareness and control and go back to simply being a passive observer of the dream further proves it.
>>
>>34668208
>>34668355
Also explain "natural" lucid dreamers who have had the ability since childhood and are surprised to find out that normally the majority of humans are not able to control their dreams at will.
>>
>>34666724
I'm intrigued by it now after a crazy experience about a week ago. I went to bed enraged and became to regular dream. All of a sudden my internal dialogue became frustrated when my oneitis appeared. I literally told myself in my dream

>oh great you're imagining this stupid shit again?
>its an illusion asshole
>its just stuff you want but you dont need

All of a sudden a mass of junk food appeared in my arms and I kept going

>see? start fucking eating it

I started scarfing it down and just felt this weird nasty cotton mouth and started screaming at myself to "pull myself out of this fucking dream and into consciousness" and everything just went black. I couldnt wake up but could just feel the sensation of being
>>
>>34668199
>you either do it or you don't
oh fuck off

gotta love people with a superiority complex for something that is 100% unverifiable
>>
FACT
Healthy people like myself rarely dream at all. I haven't remembered a dream in roughly 30 years.

Less healthy people or those with shitty sleep cycles dream more.
>>
>>34668511
Maybe you're just a boring retard with no inner life? I wouldn't brag about that shit if I were you.
>>
File: Kek.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>34666858
>How about showing me a teensy bit of that power
>From the stall
>>
File: 1486057915070.jpg (30KB, 475x343px) Image search: [Google]
1486057915070.jpg
30KB, 475x343px
>>34666858
Jesus, I wish my dreams could be that funny
>>
>>34666724

I don't intentionally try to lucid dream but I have had a few (~5) with the usual triggers (weird sleeping location, waking up then going back to bed, going without weed after a period of heavy smoking)

They are a lot of fun but if I try to interact with any of the people in the dream I wake up. Basically if I try to do anything really aggressive or intentional I'm snapped awake, like if I throw a brick at a shop window or what have you. All I can really "do" in a lucid dream is walk around in this strange environment.
>>
>>34668355
>Google Stephen LeBerge
>go to Wikipedia page
>look at his studies
>conducted in a 1975
Sounds like meme science to me. This was the same time when there were a vast amount of bullshit studies that now anyone would look at and see how retarded they truly were. He's lucky he conducted these in 1975, because if he tried to get funding for his "research" in the modern day, he would definitely get nothing
>>
File: 1433988253019.gif (2MB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1433988253019.gif
2MB, 500x800px
>>34666724
I had an exceptionally realistic lucid dream, a few nights ago. Somehow I gained telekinetic powers and I was having a lot of fun testing them out.
Everything was so real. The people around me, the environment, all of it. Even the powers were very real feeling. It took concentration and effort to telekinetically move things and lift myself so I could fly.

But I knew it was a dream. I even said to someone, in the dream, that it was a dream. They tried to convince me otherwise. I saw the wonder on someone else's face that maybe it was their dream.

Then I wake up feeling like I can do telekinesis but it just doesn't work because reality is boring.
Fucking lucid dreams.
>>
File: 1353485571072.png (310KB, 910x720px) Image search: [Google]
1353485571072.png
310KB, 910x720px
>>34668707
>i dont believe in lucid dreams because it sound fake
someone provide research that heavily supports it
>the research sounds fake
what d o you even want?
>>
>>34668836
Right? I've had a few instances where I'll wake up from a great dream dazed, realize it was all a dream, and then get depressed because reality is fucking dull.
>>
>>34668707
The trick is to disprove research based on. The research.
Not the date it was done and anecdotes.
>>
>>34668511
Everyone dreams you dumb fuck, you just dont remember it if you dont make remembering it a priority.

The amount of misinformed retards on this board, holy fuck
>>
>>34668511
Not dreaming seems more unhealthy. There must be something wrong with your brain.

Even animals dream.
>>
>>34669000
trips confirm

tripsblox
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.