[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone on here pagan?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: Kekmangundr vs Wojakthor.png (564KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
Kekmangundr vs Wojakthor.png
564KB, 540x764px
Have any of you become pagan? What type of pagan? Why? I became pagan because of a few religious experiences involving Shinto and Wicca, but I'm neither...
>>
no that's dumb dude
>>
That's not a thing, anon.
>>
>>34666373
I thought pagans were dumb until I felt the Kami and Gods too.
>>34666435
Think what you like Anon
>>
Tell me about yourreligious experiences.
>>
>>34666464
Nothing supernatural exists, anon.
>>
File: 4dc.jpg (11KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
4dc.jpg
11KB, 170x200px
>>34666058
>replacing spooks for more spooks
>>
>>34666464
>>34666058
Not even Japs believe in their pagan gods anymore, their religion is more of a phylosophical movement more than anything in the first place.
>>
File: 1485157769640.jpg (51KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1485157769640.jpg
51KB, 500x387px
can someone give me a quick rundown on what this pagan stuff is all about?
>>
File: OC.jpg (108KB, 494x599px) Image search: [Google]
OC.jpg
108KB, 494x599px
>>34666058

Honestly? I tried to search about my ancestors but the real stuff is lost in the mists of Time and what we have today is tree-hugging "druids" with dream totems and viking tatoos.

So I went into occult readings but at the end of the day, it's like watching a vidya on Youtube of a Big Black Motivator yelling at you to just do it. It works only because you've impressed and fooled your mind with a ritual or a cool Sygil.

I certainly ain't saying it's all bullshit: placebo effect is a real thing and can do things like reduce pain by fooling your brain into producing actual painkillers.
It's powerful stuff.
It just has nothing to do with the historical stuff. Too bad our ancestors liked their things to be Mysteries and didn't write it anywhere.
>>
>>34666058
The gods of Yore are the only ones worth worshiping
>>
>>34666483
I went to Japan on a 2 weeks exchange program a couple years back. I had just lost faith in Christianity and was searching for something to fill the spiritual gap in my life. When we visited to the shrines and did the offerings and prayer I gave a prayer in English then broken Japanese. I felt a presence and what felt like things brushing against me while hearing quiet whispering. It was surreal and I thought about becoming a Shinto for a while but it's not my culture and I felt like I had no place in it.
>>34666502
Some definitely do. My host brothers family were really big into going to shrines and praying at their Kamidana (house shrine). But a for a lot of people its just like western religion. Minor festivals and superstition.
>>34666519
Each ethnicity had its own spirituality with their own gods and ancestor worship before the Abrahamic religions smothered them. Some people are trying to piece together what knowledge we have left and practice the old faiths.
>>34666570
If its a placebo so be it, its a pleasant one. But some of them (particularly Norse and Greco-Roman, and Egyptian) are very well known and easy to get into.
>>34666672
never thought I agree with a vargposter...
>>
File: 1485276326255.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485276326255.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
I really have trouble understanding how people come to believe this shit. People of old didn't know what the fuck they were talking about and we have plenty of naturalistic explanations these days.
>>
File: 1448766809925.jpg (79KB, 441x403px) Image search: [Google]
1448766809925.jpg
79KB, 441x403px
>>34666714
>never thought I agree with a vargposter...
Paganism is the foundation of his belief system. Varg did nothing wrong.
>>
>>34666853
He killed a man and burned down churches. And made some of the worst music I've ever heard. but I hate metal...
>>
A great friend in high school came from a family that was traditionally pagan going back hundreds of years, but their beliefs were nothing like the new age paganism or 'wiccan' religions I commonly see touted.
>>
>>34666879
Wiccan and New Age religions only have superficial similarities to Eastern religions or pagan religions. Have any stories or just tell us some more details?
>>
File: 1483144323991.jpg (85KB, 460x479px) Image search: [Google]
1483144323991.jpg
85KB, 460x479px
>>34666876
>He killed Euronymous in self defense. Euronymous had previously bragged about how he was going to take Varg into a forest and beheading him with a chainsaw so when Varg saw him run for a weapon he struck the first blow.
>The Church that Varg famously burnt down was build on the most holy pagan site in Scandinavia and was a symbol of the Christian persecution of European people. I think that it is a shame to distroy such old buildings however it's about the symbolism of taking back our holy places from the Christians.
>Not all of Vargs music is metal..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWMOoFFgLU
>>
>>34667084
I don't and can't know about the killing, it could be either way.
Still kind of shitty to burn down a hundreds of year old building but at least I know he had some justification.
and this music is alright at best, still not my thing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.