[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NAVY

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5699.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5699.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
Any Navy-fags here? How's your life? I'm enlisting this year, any advice you could give me ? Things I should know?
>>
Enlisted two years ago. Deploy in a month. AMA
>>
>>34656081
Actually let me answer your questions first lol

Life is decent. Choose your rate choose your fate. Avoid being ships company, pick something in IDC like CTN or AG. You'll find plenty of robots. My division is 90% robots, we've got two virgins and watch almost nothing but anime in our shop
>>
File: IMG_5255.jpg (59KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5255.jpg
59KB, 648x595px
>>34656128
That's a relief, what's your job? I'm going for either Electronic Technician (ET) or Nuke ET. My recruiter is always on my ass about nuke. Telling me how it's the best job in the navy, you get a 100k reenlisting bonus, etc... But I need an extremely high score on my ASVAB test which I took two times already and didn't get in. I'm taking it for the third time in 2 weeks, cramming really hard for it. I'm going for the regular ET if I don't make nuke. Do you have any knowledge on what's ET is like? Are there any robots? Also is nuke really worth it? Please be honest. What was boot camp like? What was a school like? Where are you being stationed, and how much do you make?
>>
Sailors are fags

Airmen are lazy

Soldiers are dumb

Marines are dumb AND psychotic

Coast Guard are the military equivalent of mall cops.
>>
>>34655853
Not a robot, but lurk here to pass time

>joined as a normie
>was a FDNF BMSN
>deployed 4 times in 4 years (not normal)
>stationed in Japan
>been throughout whole pacific
>wasted 4 years of my life
>got out in August last year
>now have hearing loss, tinnitus, back pain, depression, alcohol dependency, anxiety, PTSD, insomnia, and headaches

I joined to travel. I am Filipino/Japanese and grew up in Hawaii. I wanted to be far away from home. Nope. Ended up in Japan. On the plus side I got to visit relatives.

The reason I said I wasted 4 years of my life is because I am going to school to become a LVN before I become an RN. School only cost $1800. I never did touch my GI bill, yet.

I always knew I wanted to be a nurse, but my recruiter said nursing is not a good job and is over manned. He got me good. A thing to remember about recruiter's is that they try to sell you their branch. I get sweet medical and dental benefits and a 401k at my job as a Painter here in SD. I also get paid more than what a Chief makes Base pay.

More freedom, nobody breathing down my neck, and no need to please the khaki's. Civilian life is the good life. Military isn't cracked up as its made to be. I think there are worse people in the Military than the general population. I can't even imagine any of my chiefs having a normal job. But, they were made for that military life.
>>
>>34656373
>I need an extremely high score on my ASVAB
>tfw didn't study and got a perfect score, recruiters losing their shit, get called constantly by chief recruiter and some gay lieutenant, female recruiter shows me her tits and offers to take my virginity if i sign as well as a $1M bonus in food stamps
>tfw decided not to enlist because my scholarship got renewed
from my research nuke is worth it iff you're paperclip status and can manage a comfy nuclear job once you're out
>>
>>34656373
Well you can't pick ET outright. You can sign up for the AECF field, and during A school you'll get assigned either ET or FC. Same thing with nuke, at a certain point in the pipeline you'll become either ET, MM or... Whatever the other one is.

Boot camp wasn't that bad. You won't get yelled at, no one will hit you, just shut your recruit mouth and do what you're told. If you come in as an E-3, keep your head down. If not, volunteer for a cush job like mail PO or head PO. Your RDCs can promote you one rank up to E3 for doing well, and if you pass your DEP quiz and first mock PRT as well you can go from E1 to E3. That's thousands of dollars and 2 years of time saved.

Plenty of robots in the more technical rates. You'll be surprised. Big Navy is pushing PC bullshit, but away from officers shit is pretty laid back. My chief calls us limp dick faggots for watching anime on a daily basis.

Oh and don't be that guy that gets married right after boot camp. You'll get tons of female attention because women know they can cuck you for BAH and Tricare. I know a guy legit getting cucked right now because he got married to a whore and he can't evict her.
>>
>>34656373
Nukes have the highest suicide rate and drug use problems. There is a reason its the only rate getting a sign on bonus. Just go to school to be a regular Nuke or whatever its called in the civilian world.
>>
File: IMG_5776.jpg (11KB, 251x205px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5776.jpg
11KB, 251x205px
>>34656626
w-what do you mean I can't pick ET outright?! On navycs.comunder the list of jobs there's like three different types of ET's. There's regular ET, Submarine ET, and Nuke ET. It was my understanding that if I didn't make nuke, that I could go for regular ET!
>>
>>34656594
That's insane, you're a fucking genius anon. How is that possible though? Most of the sections on the ASVAB (the electronics, auto, mechanical, etc) I've never learned before in my life. I had to get the book and study it, and even then I don't think I could get a perfect score, where did you learn all of that before ? What person just randomly has all that info in their head?
>>
Protip: Nuke is never worth it.

Ask in /k/'s /meg/ thread for the infographic and you'll understand.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.