[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does robot think about this movie?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

What does robot think about this movie?
>>
solid 5/10

Amy Adams was good, Renner was okay, supporting cast was decent. Atmosphere and cinematography were good at times, story was a little bland / unexciting overall, nice *twist* at the end though. One of those movies where you can watch it once and enjoy it but, I cant see if having any replay value ever
>>
>>34649455
Felt pretentious at times, but I enjoyed it. Probably wouldn't watch it again though.
>>
>>34649455
good idea but bad execution, i blame the director as usual. 5/10 will not watch again.
>>
>>34649455
Solid 3/10. Boring as fuck for most of the movie.
>>
>>34649455

Its a mind simulating movie 7/10.
>>
>>34649455
it really made me think
>>
>>34649538
this is a respectable opinion, you'd be out of place on /tv/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1486279260740.jpg (31KB, 480x752px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1486279260740.jpg
31KB, 480x752px
Basically this sums up the quality desu
>>
>>34649455
I remember Gavin McGinnes thought it would be some white woman and black man save the day and btfo the whiteboi type movie, fucking kek. It was actually fairly realistic that Amy Adams was good with the languages whereas Jeremy Renner was good with the physics and maths. It also seemed pretty realistic with how the government dealt with the situation and how the public reacted to it. They did a good job building up suspense and building intrigue. The part were the soldiercucks went jihadi was kinda gay. The twist and how they wrapped the movie up was neat but still left me a bit disappointed, although that is typical for these movies. I rate this film a 5.41 out of 10 because I was sufficiently absorbed and entertained with the story, but it fell flat at the end and left me wanting more.
>>
So did her learning the language give her the power to see the future? Or did the squid just give her the power when she touched the glass?
>>
>>34649455
if it has a roast face fat on the cover,
don't even bother
>>
>>34651147
Learning their language gave her the power to see the future. The more she understood it, the more she could exist in the present and future.(hence the flashbacks)

The aliens dont view time linearly like humans so saying 'future' would be wrong anyway.
>>
>be mestizo
>black colonel in the movie: "the Australian Aboriginals were wiped out by an advanced race"
>triggered
>blood pressure slowly rising
>the following scene is them in the craft again trying to talk to the aliens
>the sounds of the aliens almost give me a panic attack making me want to get up and go outside
>holy shit, the Jews planned this perfectly, they know
>>
>>34650973
That part was definitely shoehorned in to pander to romancefags, made me want to kill myself hearing it

The time loop plot mechanic at the end was pretty stupid as well
It wasn't too bad though
>>
>Chinese general decides, by himself, to actually NOT go nuclear on the aliums after a phonecall from a rando who reminded him of his wife's last words (which he miraculously forgot all this time)

k
>>
>>34651384
What language did you translate that from?
>>
>>34651814
imagine, I made it up thinking in english
>>
>>34651789
No, idiot. He didn't forget the words, hearing some american chick saying them just convinced him that something unpredictable is going on and that he should reconsider his strategy.
>>
I just watched it today, or technically yesterday I guess. It was pretty good, I feel like those giving it a 5/10 are rating it more like on a facerate scale, if I were grading it on an American school system scale I'd give it a solid 8/10. Like many have said though, a couple corny terrible lines and virtually no rewatch value. It's a movie that's begging for a sequel but the sequel would be guaranteed to have so little sustenance that it'd absolutely suck ass. That's all I can conjure up tho.
>>
>>34651873
No goddamn way. Could you lay it out a little neater?
>>
File: 599.gif (919KB, 272x181px) Image search: [Google]
599.gif
919KB, 272x181px
>>34649455
>mfw use weapon
I wanted to believe so hard that they actually were trying the equivalent of "swing first nigga" in their own alien way.
>>
>>34649455
ITT: People who would not make good movie critics

I literally just watched this movie earlier today, and it's absolutely brilliant.

There hasn't been a comment in this thread so far that's made me rethink that.
>>
>>34652323
>absolutely brilliant.
>There hasn't been a comment in this thread so far that's made me rethink that

Ok then say why it's so brilliant. You seem like the kind of person who glorifies something like Inception because it has a neat idea
>>
>>34652323
As far as I'm concerned movies fall into a bell curve on the 10 point scale with the mean being a five. My rating of 5.41 is to two decimal places so clearly I'm better at ratings than you are. It is you who would make a bad movie critic if you give out eights, nines, and tens frequently.
>>
File: b4f.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>34652674
How do you distinguish a 5.41 over a 5.42 or 5.40?
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>34652689
It takes a lot of experience. You have to diligently gather crucial aspects that affect the quality of the film and have fine tuned senses to accurately judge them. You then have to weigh these carefully and then everything bottlenecks to form a dart that hits the bullseye on 5.41 or whatever the number is for the picture you're rating
>>
>>34649455
I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it. I wish I hadn't been spoiled about the theme though.
I've been trying to learn more about the language but there doesn't seem to be any resources online. I found an interview where the director said that there's a 120-words dictionary somewhere but I couldn't find it.
>>
File: 5FGEXCc.gif (512KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
5FGEXCc.gif
512KB, 480x270px
>>34652982
>i want to learn about the fake language from the mediocre fiction movie
>>
>>34653065
We're on /r9k/ for fuck's sake, of course I'm autistic. I don't want to learn it like a few autists learned klingon or the elvish language from LOTR, but understanding how "sentences" are built could be really interesting.
>>
>>34649455
>Amy Adams
imagine how many dicks she had to suck for appears in all those movies
>>
>>34653189
Apparently my great grandma wanted to be a movie star and was good-looking enough. She got no where because she refused to suck dick. You literally need to give whore yourself out if you want to be an actress. I guess it's probably because most women are literal whores so it just becomes expected by the people hiring for acting and modelling.
>>
File: storiesofyourlifeandothers.png (348KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
storiesofyourlifeandothers.png
348KB, 400x533px
>>34649455
the book was better and "the story of your life" wasn't even the best part of the collection.

Seventy-two letters, Tower of Babylon, and Understand were all better
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.