[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all the cultures and peoples I hold in high regard are from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: frog seaman.png (478KB, 708x600px) Image search: [Google]
frog seaman.png
478KB, 708x600px
>all the cultures and peoples I hold in high regard are from cold, northern areas
>my ancestry is from slightly less-cold but still northern areas

>hate cold weather, want to live somewhere warm and coastal
>hate all the cultures/peoples who inhabit warm coastal areas

Why, robots? Why must God play this cruel joke on me? I'm Caucasian btw, Germanic on my mother's side and Anglican on my father's.
>>
>tfw I'm Russian
It's cold here 10 months out of 12 and I absolutely love it. I hate warm weather. I pity you, anon.
>>
>>34648528
>all the cultures and peoples I hold in high regard are from cold, northern areas
>hate all the cultures/peoples who inhabit warm coastal areas

spoken like someone who has never been more than a few miles from their house
>>
File: w1.png (230KB, 2116x1084px) Image search: [Google]
w1.png
230KB, 2116x1084px
>>34648708
>never been more than a few miles from their house
It's not too detailed, but here's a rough map of where I've been. Almost every state in burgerland (both road trips and air travel), and a few visits abroad. Road trip up to Anchorage through Canada planned for this summer, to add that to the map, tentative plans for Finland in the next few years.

Why do I sound like someone who's never been far from my house? Does my opinion sound to you like something only a person who's never experienced diverse cultures would say?
>>
>>34648837
it just sounded over generalizing, like what someone who only only knew different cultures from movies, video games, and history books would say
>>
>>34648889
>only knew different cultures from movies, video games, and history books
No, it's all from personal experience. Both in my travels and the people I meet professionally, it's an almost always true rule-of-thumb that I will like people and cultures from northern, colder areas more than from warmer regions.

My main knowledge is Mexican/Latino/southern-US culture against northern US/PNW/Alaska and a small amount of experience with Northern European cultures. So no, I'm not some magical trust-fund world traveler, but I put very little trust into anything but personal experience when it comes to foreign cultures.
>>
>>34648528
i made that pepe. i feel so warm and tingly seeing him get used.

i was the same as you but i really warmed up to the culture after being here awhile, pun intended ;)))
>>
>>34649285
>here
Where is that, senpai?
>>
>>34648528
Climatise to cold or go to Australia
>>
>>34650585
>Straya doesn't have cold seasons
>>
taking pride in what other people did in ages past is cuck behaviour, just admit you're a failure and move on.
>>
>>34648528
Iktf. But I wish I lived somewhere cooler, people are nicer there and it's more pleasant
>>
>>34650983
>taking pride
It's not some "muh ancestors" shit. I actually mean as far as how enjoyable it is to be around people and generally exist in that civilization. If I was "muh heritage" about it I'd stfu and try to get to Germany or Bong. Or just stay in the burger region where my immediate family is.

>>34651095
>like the people
>love the scenery/nature
>hate the weather/temp
It's a rough ride in this feeltrain.
>>
>>34650957
Come on, we barely do.

In the middle of winter, it barely gets below 0 C.

This has caused me to develop an irrational hatred for people who complain about how cold it is.
When somebody complains about it being cold when it's like +10 C, I want to yell at them for being weak.
I want to attack them.
I could take my shirt off and strangle them with it, and I would be perfectly comfortable not having a shirt on because it's not even fucking cold.

Just typing that made me angry.
>>
>>34652376
You're probably the kind of person who whines when temperatures hit triple digits, or even just 90's, and there's no AC.
>>
>>34652376
>>34652436
>triple digits
And that's Fahrenheit btw, you strange Celsius-user and friend.
>>
>>34652454
>>34652436
I'm not, I never use air conditioning and get mad at people who do.

I work outdoors in the sun all day, the heat doesn't bother me much either.
>>
>>34648528
I also hate people/cultures from warm areas. I would genocide them all given the chance. Completely serious. That being said I love colder areas.
>>
>>34652482
Fascinating. You're good in my book then, I know too many people who'd swear it was a human rights violation to keep the house any warmer than 71F in the summer heat.

By the same token, living in a wood-heated home, it's generally between 72F (right in front of a real nice, blazing oak fire) and 50-55F (cold mornings, fire's been dead all night) all winter.
>>
>>34652633
I think a lot of my dislike for heating/air conditioning comes from working outdoors a lot.

It'd piss me off when I'd be waiting for somebody in the cold, then I'd get in their car and they've got the heater on full blast, then we'd get out into the cold, then go into a building where the heating is on full again, then back outside into the cold.
>>
>>34652376
fuck off cunt

anything under 16 C is fucking freezing
>>
File: 1481087201885.jpg (622KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
1481087201885.jpg
622KB, 1280x964px
>love the cold
>sleep with a fan on me and window open in the winter
>love the snow

>only snowed once this whole winter and it was only an inch and a half

fugg
>>
>>34652703
Brisbane?

Very OG
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.