[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling overseas alone for the first time

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1458595124954.png (175KB, 364x350px) Image search: [Google]
1458595124954.png
175KB, 364x350px
I did it robots.

I googled what countries could I travel only with my passport. I found out I can do Japan and Korea.

So I booked a a fly to Japan. I'll be there 3 months.

Thing is I've never traveled. Never left my country. Almost have never been alone (always with my family). I'm a virgin and socially retarded.

I work a mind numbing retail work. I've saved some money. So at least that isn't a problem. My parent are glad I made such a ballsy move.

But I'm scared and need advice or tips. I've never even been in an airport or a plane.

What advice could you give to someone as clueless as me?
>>
>>34646426
did you at least have learned some basic japanese? if not start asap or you will regret it. mark my words
>>
get a nice hotel room. thats were you'll spend most of your time unless your a normie
>>
>>34646485
I've heard you really don't need to learn Japanese as a tourist. Some apps exist that'll translate stuff in real time, you just hold up the phone and it is like an augmented reality. At least it exists for android.

Some words may help, sure, but not required. I guess it is harder outside the big cities.
>>
what country are you from?

also ask me anything

t. spent 6 weeks in japan
>>
>>34646426
>3 months
Why immediately schedule 3 months? First time out of the country you should've just done a week or so. That aside look into the area you're going find out what the local attractions are and try to make some sort of itinerary, but at the same time be sure to plan a few days to rest being in somewhere that new for the first time is going to be tiring and you'll want some time to sleep. Also I assume your a khv or similar, try to find a soapland that takes foreigners before you go
>>
your fucked, 3 months is a long time if you dont like it where you are

good luck though, hope you fuck qt japs
>>
File: vg.png (52KB, 1280x634px) Image search: [Google]
vg.png
52KB, 1280x634px
>>34646426
>>What advice could you give to someone as clueless as me?
Buy a lonleyplanet.
It's not necessary, but It will help you.
Mark the stuff you want to see.

Don't worry, You'll like it.
I hated travelling, but once you get in the mood of "Woah, everything's so new" You kinda start to enjoy it.

The world is a amaizing place But we live in our little hells for some reason.
>>
>>34646597
You DEFINITELY need to know some basic Japanese. Most signs outside of train stations have no English at all, even restaurants in Tokyo aren't very tourist friendly
>>
>>34646426
sounds fun as fuck. I'm jelous

don't worry about what the people think, just do your thing. Probably won't run into anyone you see again outside of those 3 months, so why not use this to build up your self image? Can't take shit from normies that speak another language. who knows, you might even run into another english speaking robot trying to live their fantasies out
>>
File: 1465183393343.gif (768KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1465183393343.gif
768KB, 500x380px
Thanks for the replies everyone

>>34646485

The flight is march 20th, I'm not familiar with japanese at all but I think my english is pretty good. Be honest, how fucked I am If i start learning japanese from today? Can it make a difference?

>>34646730

I'm from Spain

I booked three months because I budgeted and looked around and with the savings I have right now It seems I can live just fine for 3 months there, even with a little extra expending. Also I said fuck it, I want to go away for just some time. What is a soapland? a brothel?
Also, I have some questions about airports, is the security really strict? I'm anxious they might restrain me for some reason and I'll miss the flight. How do you even board a plane?
>>
>>34646426
I'd suggest learning some basic Japanese. That's all I can say honestly.
>>
>>34646426
The most important thing about traveling to any foreign country is to at least have a basic grip on the language, regardless if you're a tourist or not. Otherwise you're just the stupid foreigner walking around like an idiot because he doesn't know Japanese. Also it'd show them that you are trying to learn their language/culture so they'll usually be a little warmer to you.
>>
File: IMG_20150103_164056968.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150103_164056968.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>34646993
a soapland is like a brothel where they do everything but penetration. final act is sumata, which you stick your dick between their legs and rub hard against their thighs. not as good as sex.

where are you staying for 3 months? a hostel? which city?

as for airports: yes, they probably wont, you go to the gate and go up when they call your group (unless it's ANA).
>>
The airport can be confusing at first, just find your airlines front desk and check in any bigger bags. They'll give you a ticket. Airport security is a bitch, look up the TSA regs online. Usually it costs to check a lot of bags, but you can carry on a small bag and a laptop case on the plane.

Use the metro, it's cheap and most tourist areas will have a metro connection. Avoid taxis.

Go to bars and chat up others. Jap girls will find you interesting since your foreign. 3 months is plenty of time to bag a girl if your trying often.

Hostelsight be a good idea since you share a room with others, which makes socializing easier. I hate the idea personally though.

You can actually go to most countries with a passport. Hell, some euro countries don't even check your damn passport.
>>
>>34646993
Airport security in Spain is nothing. They just x-ray your bags and you go through a metal detector.

You board the plane from a gate. Sometimes you take a bus to the plane.
>>
>>34646993
I'm American, this is my experience with airports:

You check in, then tag your luggage with a nametag and give it to the airport staff, usually at a set location (a service desk/booth). They take it and put it on the plane, After this, you go to the security booth and wait in line. they ask you to empty your pockets, and you walk through a full body metal detector, then collect your things and move on to a waiting area at an assigned terminal, carrying everything on your person that you plan on taking on board for the flight. (these items usually include shit for entertainment). then you just get on the plane when instructed, and an employee scans your ticket on they way in.

When the plane lands, they will say over an intercom which baggage claim (a conveyor belt that allows everyone to get their luggage) to go to, and you find it and get your bags that you turned in at the first airport. that's it.

they mostly only confiscate weapons (including any kind of knives) and small liquid containers
>>
Make an account on interpals OP and use it to meet Korean/Japanese girls
>>
>>34646426
Go to one of the blowjob bars in Tokyo. One of them gives you two 20 minute blowjobs from two different girls for $70.
>>
>>34646485
fuck the nips
>>
>>34647269
Also this will be good for basic language exchange before your trip too

Also stay in hostels if you want to meet other travelers
>>
>>34647096

Oh I see. I'm googling that. If I find a foreigner friendly place I'm doing it. I have to do it.

I'm arriving to Tokyo in the early morning. I was thinking of booking a plane to Sapporo the same day and go to an onsen while it's snowing, do you think that's a dumb idea?

I'm using Airbnb for Tokyo, I found a cheap room that charges weekly. For other cities I would see in the spot or days prior.

>>34647153
>>34647234

Thank you guys for the replies. Very helpful.

I was actually wondering what exactly can I carry on a plane, is it true I cannot carry in my own water bottle? What about nail clipplers? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm irrationally afraid of making a ruckus in the check up zone.

>>34647278

Damn, do you have any info on the name of those places? I'll try to google blowjob bars, will report results.
>>
>>34647325
You can bring mostly anything on a plane. They don't like large cases of liquids going through security, but there are store past security where you can buy water or whatever.
>>
>>34647325
I only found two blowjob bars that accept foreigners. I forgot their names. One gives you two bjs but the girls are definitely whores. The other is only one bj and more expensive but the girls seem to be uni students as ou get to play with their pussy. They swallow your cum at both places.
>>
>>34647325
how much weekly? I'm planning a trip back and looking at places to stay
>>
wait are you guys unironically attracted to gooks?
getting a bj sounds nice but not when its from someone who isnt white.
>>
>>34647597
Fuck off racist. Go back to loser pol.

I was picking storefronts in the captcha for 3 minutes just to post this. They never ended.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.