[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did /pol/ ruin 4chan?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

I was in class the other day and the group of normies behind me kept spouting /pol/ memes. Dumb shit like calling each other cucks or Trump shitposting. 90% of the normies I see around me in uni are talking now talk about 4chan openly, so it's pretty obvious that the publics view of 4chan has shifted quite a bit. Now people see it as any other form of social media like leddit only they can be edgy on here and I feel like a whole lot of normies have basically taken this place over aside from a handful of boards.

Do you think this is true or are the normies mostly relegated to the bigger boards like /pol/, /b/, /tv/, /mu/, etc? Do you think the normie uprising is /pol/s doing? How do we get rid of them?
>>
i think its just trump memes becoming more mainstream than 4chan becoming mainstream

trump memes have literally been elected as the freshest memes in the world
they are so powerful they put a man in control of the world
>>
>>34645174
>Was in class
Sounds like you're a normie too
>>
>>34645174
4chan has always been a bunch of faggots and always will be
>>
>>34645218
>the old normie trying to convince people they're not really robots trick
Fuck off back to kikebook norman
>>
File: 1486260221411.jpg (1MB, 2244x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1486260221411.jpg
1MB, 2244x2000px
>>34645277
>the irony in this post

oreganoo
>>
>>34645665
>don't like /pol/
>REEEE SHILL CTR REEEE
Fuck off. You're just as bad as the dumb fuck sjws
>>
File: 1483410965425.jpg (33KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
1483410965425.jpg
33KB, 402x416px
>>34645174
This isnt a recent thing, even back when I was in high school years back people were spouting /b/ memes.

4chan stopping being a cool underground secret club around 2007. I really want to find somewhere else some times but there is literally nothing else like this place (that is actually populated enough).
>>
>>34645740
If you make a thread about it when theres already 1-2 threads thats fucking shilling. Go to /qa/ if youre this obsessed
>>
>>34645843
>that is actually populated enough).
Yeah, I found a couple other image boards like 4chan but they are all really fucking slow. I think hikkikichan would be fucking perfect if it was actually populated.
>>
>>34645961
learn to read faggot. This thread isn't about /pol/ posters, it's about the influx of normies due to /pol/'s popularity. The other threads are bitching about /pol/. Fuck outta here with your victim complex you cuck and look up what shilling meme instead of spouting buzzwords
>>
>>34645966
I am in the same boat. I have scoured the web through a ton of different chans but every single god damn one of them is snails pace. Some not even seeing posts for weeks.

I don't know if 8 is still around, I lurked around right when it opened and gained some popularity but if it still exists I can only assume its dead by now.
>>
>>34645174
Yeah and most of users that post here openly say they browse plebbit and 4chan(r9k) that id the ptoblem this board has to be nuked like moot did last time this is getting out of control fucking normies
>>
>>34646029
is still going but it's still kinda slow. I think google took it off the registry tho so now you go to a different site and that will redirect you to the OG one. Unfortunately there's a lot of /pol/ bullshit going on there too but at least there aren't that many normies there.
>>
>>34646113
What do you even consider "/pol/"
>>34646000
The more politically correct 4chan becomes the more actual normals will come. Theres always be nerdy outcasts here but you dont want the facebook and tumblr crowd joining
>>
>>34646149
trump and maga talk. Although I think the actual /pol/ was doing a raid at the time so that might be why it was so shit.
>>34646149
There's normies on both sides now tho imo. There's the sjw leftists who flock to tumblr and facebook, and then there's the far right who've now discovered that they can shitpost here on 4chan. It'd be nice if we could all just go back to calling each other niggers and fags w/o any of the other bullshit.
>>
File: its a different meme 1.png (65KB, 214x217px) Image search: [Google]
its a different meme 1.png
65KB, 214x217px
Nigger the same thing has been happening for years.

Cuck is just the new autistic, which is the new shiggy which is the new implying.

The popularity of the site was obviously going to grow, and you could always find people spouting this shit in real life. It was obvious that this sort of thing was going to reach mainstream markets.

If you don't believe me, take a look at the early 4chan cons where cunts were dressing up as 2hu and yotsuba and shit for le epic lulz.

Hell, the "rules" of the internet are widely known and have always been (see: rule34). The very first two are explicitly 4chan references.
>>
>>34646229
I agree that said 4chan stuff irl but I feel like it was mostly relegated to the nerdy autistic kids and most people looked down on it. Now it's way more mainstream and you see more "normal" people talking about it too now. Like how they have a livestream going on /pol/ and 90% of the people on there are just normies.

But yeah you're right. It was obviously gonna get bigger and bigger, I just wish I had some sort of alternative.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 217x232px
>>34646195
>talking about the president is /pol/
Thats taking it way too far dont you think? I dont tell people to fuck off to Tumblr if they say obama isnt so bad.
>>
>>34646379
I think it's fine to talk about Trump, it's just that the whole board was dominated by Trump shitposting. There were only like 1 or 2 posts about something else and they were at the bottom of the catalog. But again, I think it was a /pol/ raid so it's probably not always like that.
>>
>>34646346
Honestly (and I hate to say it) the closest thing to early internet communities are the 4chan discords. The chat channels direct specific commentary about topics and group injokes develop. A lot of them you actually have to put time into to fully integrate into as well.
Its very reminiscent of old school forums almost, at least in my opinion.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.