[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unibros, what are you majoring in and why?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 20

File: 1480567093310.jpg (39KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1480567093310.jpg
39KB, 657x527px
Unibros, what are you majoring in and why?
>>
>>34644794
I'm going back, engineering physics. I don't know why, just know that mechanical was the wrong choice.
>>
>>34644794
Physics because I am a God
>>
>>34644794
maths

i dont know what else to do. Im thinking about dropping out but i cant face the thought of failure - education is the only thing im good at.
>>
>>34644794
Astrophysics, because why not, its fun
>>
>>34644794

EECS because I'm a high test whizz kid with 400k starting
>>
>>34645196

because you'll NEVER MAKE ANY MONEY YOU DUMB FUCK
>>
>>34645212
>you need a degree to make money
good meme anon.
>>
SC because computers don't speak

yet
>>
>>34645332
what is sc?
>>
>>34644794
>Unibros, what are you majoring in and why?
mechanical engineering

I just knew that engineering physics was the wrong choice for me

>>34645196
where do you go anon?
why did you choose astrophysics over physics?
>>
>>34645199
>EECS
MET has replaced EECS
your degree is now irrelevant and worthless, have fun being gang raped by a pack of wild dogs while living in the streets
>>
File: 1461735269063.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1461735269063.png
132KB, 396x385px
finishing my external exams at 20 because my parents fucked up my education but I'll be in uni next year studying microbiology
It is super weird to have something to look forward to again, it's been so long ;_;
>>
Anybody else going to UCSB or UCB?

Prospective physics major here
>>
>>34644794
plan is to double up in psych and econ and advise normies how to econimal
>>
>>34645236

if you go to school you should expect to earn a job that isn't total garbage any asshole out of prison can do. Get some payoff for your investment.

not you though, throw that all out the window you cuckhold
>>
>>34645431
I was looking forward to university so much, i thought it'd be a new start.

I hope its better for you than it has been for me.
>>
Doing grad school right now in math while researching algebraic geometry. Feels pretty good yo.
>>
File: 1460424759297.jpg (75KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1460424759297.jpg
75KB, 1024x576px
>>34645488
>Anybody else going to UCSB or UCB?
oheyyou anon
I go to berkeley
it's cool you will like it if you are a normie
food is p good
classes are well planned for the most part, I like the curriculum of my major, physics dept is good
haven't had any issues with scheduling
all around p good school imo, I can't complain
>>
English major because I lowkey have given up on my mother tongue considering how little I use it these days, no social interactions aside from sports. Also English is a language I feel any brain-dead man could learn, so that is a plus.
>>
>>34645854
>English major because I lowkey have given up on my mother tongue
where are you from anon?

>>34645185
if you drop out you can't become the master wrangler anon
>>
fml don't remind me
>>
>>34645130
>>34645196
>>34645488
fuck why are they so many physics majors here. I'm only second year, but i plan to major in physics (or maybe maths)

are robots just naturally smarter?
>>
>>34644794
Dropped out because I couldn't decide
>>
>>34644794
Accounting

Because the high suicide rates intrigue me. If i'm going to kill myself, it might as well be due to overworking.

The real reason... I just like problem solving plus the satisfaction you get your closing entries and the post closing trial balance is all even.

It's a weird feel. Good major for an ISTP .
>>
Double majoring in
>history, because I've always loved it
>anthropology because it's the closest thing the social sciences have to history
>>
Math because I like my numbers but I'm not autistic enough for comp Sci and not smart enough for physics.
>>
>>34644794
political science, I've got a full ride anyway, we don't need no stinking job prospects
>>
>>34644794
BA English.

Want to be a writer.
>>
>>34644794
Aerospace Engineering

I love space, and the idea of going to another planet intrigues me. It's a dream of mine to work on a space ship and maybe even board it on an adventure.
>>
>>34644794
Accounting. Easy major, lots of people to talk to, plenty of jobs.
I salute people doing engineering
>>
Business with an emphasis in economics
>>
>>34648437
Accounting isn't easy
>>
File: 8wo7tcqwb.jpg (44KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
8wo7tcqwb.jpg
44KB, 500x368px
>>34644794
Political science and history. I have a minor in computer security as well.

I'm just having fun studying stuff that I'm interested in. I'll be going to law school so I just need to maintain a high GPA for the next two years and then I'll apply after taking the LSAT. It's a lot of work but it's not too bad because I don't really talk to anyone at my university. I basically study, get all my work done, read in the library, and then play video games in my room and take advantage of the buffet style food. Pretty easy life right now besides the work, I'm just riding it out before graduate school.
>>
>>34648879
>Accounting isn't easy
idiot
>>
>>34645077
Finishing mechanical rn, but I really don't much care for any of it. I'd love to do something with music instead
>>
>>34649522
My roommate was failing out of Mech Engineering, he switched to Accounting and was an immediate 4.0
>>
>>34645199
More EE or CS ? Do you take courses in the range of mechanical / chemical engineering ?
>>
Any philosophy majors here? how is it?
>>
>>34644794
Computer science. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I wish I had done something like English, Polisci, or International Relations, because those are the classes that I actually enjoyed.
>>
Computer Science
Because I already know half the stuff I'm learning, but Mr. Shekelstein won't even give me an interview until I get this very expensive piece of paper.
>>
Major Electrical Engineering
Minor Mechanical Engineering

I like it broad, and that's how it's done in Belgium
>>
Math because I'm good at it, but every semester I fear that the classes will get too difficult for me too pass without really trying, and I won't know how to actually try.
>>
>>34645185
Suck dicks for money
Origi
>>
>>34649653
me
I rike it

but don't do it unless you really want to. if you're undecided just major in accounting or some shit
>>
>>34644794
computer science because I liked to make dumb websites and text games in high school. I suck at math, though, so its really quite draining, and I'm worried about being able to get a job because autism and the fact that cs is over saturated as fuck. My parents would have disowned me if I didn't major in stem, though.
>>
>>34649653
get ready to feel wrong/doubtful all of the time
>>
>>34649923
i don't know. I'm definitely interested in it but I don't know if I'll enjoy studying it for years or be able to catch up with the classes.
>>
File: 1478232036701.jpg (87KB, 882x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478232036701.jpg
87KB, 882x640px
>>34649727
Wouldn't it be smarter to go with how they do it in actual countries?
Oh wait, if you were smarter you wouldn't be doing EE
>>
>>34649969
I can only speak for my own department, but much undergraduate coursework just consists of reading texts and either recapitulating, synthesizing, or "critically engaging" (i.e. evaluating) arguments. The most I've ever had to write for a single assignment is like 10 pages. Average is probably more like 5.

Have you read much philosophy on your own? There's a fuckton of areas and specializations in philosophy to learn about so as long as the general inclination remains, there's probably gonna be enough novel stuff offered at your uni to sustain your interest.
>>
>>34648879
I Wouldn't say hard. Just extremely tedious.

I did take 2 years of accounting back in HS which gave me a decent advantage over the ones who didn't. So i had an idea of what I was getting myself into.
>>
>>34644794
Artsfag here, triple major in different foreign languages. I like them and enjoy studying them.
>>
>>34650143
I should add that all of my upper-division classes had around 3 papers each over an entire term. The majority of the coursework consisted of readings.
>>
>>34650121
It's pretty much the same as French's generalists
>>
Accounting

I couldn't hack it in engineering, but I hate this even more.
>>
Botany here.

Any other botany bros here? It's not a meme, I swear
>>
>>34650468
The gay guy who cuts my here studied botany.
>>
>All those high achieving STEM majors

Get off my fucking board, you're not a robot
>>
>>34650468
>It's not a meme, I swear
It actually sounds pretty cool, but I hate what I'm studying so much that I find anything unrelated pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1480035256393.png (509KB, 597x511px) Image search: [Google]
1480035256393.png
509KB, 597x511px
ENGRISH RANGUAGE TEACHINGU

get on my level
>>
>>34644794
Computer Science. Someone needs to cash in on the robo-waifu market.

I may also need to make myself a family
>>
>>34650580
It's fun, I like it a lot. I may be bias though because I spend most of my free time hiking, and this gets me outside lots. My friends doing comp sci/engineering give me shit about it being a shit science but I'm the only one of us who has a decent job lined up (as a botanist)
>>
EE because I fell for the STEM meme

I'm flaming out hard though I've failed 4 semesters in a row and this semester I haven't been to class in 2 weeks.

I think I'm ready to just drop out but I'm not sure what else to do.
>>
File: 1483515215171.jpg (24KB, 459x464px) Image search: [Google]
1483515215171.jpg
24KB, 459x464px
Economics because I was to smart for the CS meme.

I'm also studying for my CCENT and CCNA.
>>
>>34649653
I'm double majoring in Philosophy and Mathematics. Philosophy classes are pretty cozy.
>>
>>34650900
>My friends doing comp sci/engineering give me shit about it being a shit science
It provides valuable knowledge, and plants are very important. I'm sure what you're doing will be just as good as your code monkey friends.
>>
>>34650900
Your friends are just dummies.
>>
File: 1483811143163.png (42KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
1483811143163.png
42KB, 362x362px
>>34644794
>when all the normies told you you can't get a decent JOB without a decent education
>jokes on them their only option is to think about how to be a better slave to mr. noseberg
>complete meme-tier degree
>start my own business
>employ normies whose only dream in life is to be the better slave for me
>make their lives miserable
>they literally fight each other to serve me

if that were only the case, i work for myself now
>>
>>34651184
Teach me pls... What sort of a business are you running?
>>
>>34645488
>UCSB physics
oh hey that's me
the program is pretty kewl, every prof I've had so far has been 7+/10. #beachlyfe is 100 fa.m and yeah there are normies everywhere but also a lot of weirdos who didn't get into berkeley or ucla (me)
if you want to do grad school, look up the CCS program. it's basically a difficult, in-depth two year sequence and you are pretty much guaranteed research work. I didn't do it because I'm lazy but I did consider it.
>>
International relations or political science. I want to be a diplomat (Foreign Service Officer).
>>
Mathematics
It's the one true robot degree desu
>>
I majored in selling weed....
>>
Mech Engineering.

I'm good at math, I like building stuff. Would be cool to meet some peers I get along with.

>>34645757
>I go to berkeley
Why though

>>34650576
Jokes on you I'm slowly descending into insanity
>>
I'm planning to take law or something along those lines after finishing my A levels
I already had work experience at law firm when i was 16

Would yall recommend it to a robot
>>
>>34651349
There were more robots in physics and EE at my school, math had surprising number of normalfags.
>>
>>34651199
The simplest of them all - reselling.
>>
>>34651314
good luck with that shit if your name doesn't end in -berg
>>
Double majoring in finance and economics because I'm too shit at maths to do finance and mathematics

I just wanna get rich brehs
>>
File: 1461557121956.jpg (115KB, 880x674px) Image search: [Google]
1461557121956.jpg
115KB, 880x674px
Animal Science. I like all sort of animals but the job prospects with a Zoology degree are lameo and you most likely have to do a PHD in zoology.
I can study animals and still get a job after.
>>
>>34649653
yeah i do philosophy. It's easy as fuck and interesting, but not sure where ima go with it in the future, other than maybe a philosophy lecturer... might do a masters in English afterwards
>>
accounting

planning on becoming a cpa or a cop if i fuck up my gpa and cpa exam
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 1300x951px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 1300x951px
>>34650143

I found a lot of the original texts too difficult for me to understand, so all I've managed to read so far are some wiki and SEP pages. I was afraid that I would not be able to understand what is taught in the class and write papers evaluating those ideas.

anyway, I don't know if you're still here, but thanks for the reply.
>>
biochemistry, because comfy lab job
>>
File: 1478574891970s.jpg (2KB, 125x63px) Image search: [Google]
1478574891970s.jpg
2KB, 125x63px
>>34652493
hello fellow tax cuck
>>
>>34652554
Thank YOU for having interest in philosophy.

If you can understand stuff on the SEP, you're probably relatively good to go for reading other contemporary stuff. The problem with philosophy is that it's so incestuous and self-referential sometimes that you need like 2000+ years of context just to fully appreciate/understand some texts. If someone tried to read Leibniz without any background knowledge I wouldn't expect them to know what the literal fuck was happening. Professors/college courses make the whole process a lot easier by basically spoonfeeding all of the immediately relevant information. So if your worry is about comprehension, I dunno. I definitely think it's a lot easier in a classroom setting than trying it alone, at least for later stuff. Some philosophy is also really fucking poorly written so some of the trouble could've just been the dudes you were reading, but guys like J.S. Mill and Rousseau can be understood by anyone.
>>
i majored in philosophy because i had the unbelievable blessing to both enjoy it and be good at it

every day i think about my NEETbros who weren't as lucky as i was, and either didn't find a passion or didn't find one that (by some technicality of the way society is set up) has a viable career path based on it

it's such a weird thing to recommend to people. people ask me if they should go into it, because they are passionate about philosophy. but the answer has to be some confused mixture like
>if you're not really, really good at it, no, because you'll never get into a good grad school that can land you a good job.
>even if you'e really, really good at it, maybe still no, because you have to be sure you're willing to do it for a long time, and even come to hate in many ways.
>and after all that, if you'e really good at it and really passionate about it, you still have to deal with the fact that the job prospects are SHIT even if you go to fucking harvard for your phd, and are probably going to get much worse in the current economy by the time you get there.

but still, i thank fucking god i did it. i basically get to do the equivalent of playing video games all day, i have an excuse to be a weird eccentric who dresses like shit and even girls sort of expect it.
>>
>>34649653
bad. very dependent on faculty and university what kind of education is available. if you're in the anglosphere, options for continental philosophy are much more limited (but getting better, and especially they tend to find shelter in other departments). there are always exceptions, but it's very possible to go to a university and have 90% mediocre analytic courses available to you, and simply never encounter hegel and have your moment of "holy shit i love hegel! i could dedicate my life to this kind of thinking!"

that's the case all over. you need to already know what to look for in order to tel whether philosophy departments will be good for you - and the only way to already know what to look for is to have already been at a good philosophy department for you.

if you're going to do philosophy, and i'm only talking about postgrad here because i have no idea what the job market is like for philosophy BAs, i would STRONGLY advise you to turn it into a burning passion and read everything you can on your own time. use online materials, use the library, read clunky histories of philosophy, make close friendships with your professors, branch out to other departments and find the continentals hiding themselves away in comp lit courses about robert musil. do whatever you can to build up your own education, because the university is basically training you to be a logic calculator in the anglosphere, or a one-trick pony in continental europe.
>>
Physics with a minor in astronomy.

Because I'm a fucking idiot who just watched too much Star Trek. I'm going to graduate this semester and I have to say my hatred for my major has been growing for the past 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I love learning about all this stuff, but I've discovered in the past couple years that I hate doing actual lab work. And I know it's cause I'm fucking lazy and just want my life to be an episode of Star Trek, but the actual lab work is incredibly dull.

So I'm going to graduate and not go to graduate school like I was originally planning, because I'd probably end up killing myself if I had to go through another 3 years of this.

So I'm going to move back home and disappoint my mom and my grandma and everyone who thought that this was all I wanted to do since 9th grade, including myself.

All I want to do is be outside as far from civilization as possible, and somehow make a living doing that
>>
>>34652554
this >>34652883 guy is VERY insightful. the more you know, the easier it is to know more, because you'll have more points of reference - the expansion of your epistemic horizon will be exponential. but the first several years of it will be torturous, and you may simply never chance upon anything that gives you the motivation to continue. you need to do whatever you can to challenge yourself to keep breaking new thresholds.

also, this poster is dead-on about what professors do. there's an old joke that academics read books by picking them up, looking at the table of contents, the bibliography, and maybe the index, and they already know everything the book is going to say. once you get to a certain point you can describe an entire 500 page book with "uh basically it's like bergson but he did this other thing with it."

that's what professors do, though a little slower. they give you breakdowns and explain intimidating things in For Dummies terms. the classroom experience, and especially one-on-one contact with an expert, is an opportunity for you to ask all the really dumb conceptual questions that actually aren't dumb at all.

you can learn shit on your own, but it's so much harder. having the fluid experience of going "so wait, was aristotle a realist?" and having the prof go "yeah kinda, but you're using the wrong word for it," and then asking 5 followup questions. that's the benefit of a university education. a long process of that is what helps you break through all the thresholds until you finally start having a large enough referential network to confidently make assumptions and analyse new material.
>>
>>34647800
I think you've got comp sci and math the wrong way around there.
I got to uni and took math classes until I just couldn't keep up anymore. I think math is fun but I'm not smart enough. So I switched to comp sci which is pretty ez mode (except for, you guessed it, the math classes)
>>
>>34645199
No shower crew reporting in. What year?
>>
Double Major in EE and CpE

Who else /god tier/
>>
Debt management, because I'm going to need it after this
>>
im majoring in political studies/global and international studies. i plan on going to law school after i graduate. will i be broke forever if i dont marry well?? be honest.
>>
>>34644794
>What
Economics
>why
Because I like it and has good job prospects. Fuck statistics class though.
>>
>>34652662
Same here, brofist biochem bro!
>>
>>34653685
>tfw you breeze through the math courses but can't code for shit
>>
>>34655396
As someone who got a job after getting an Economics degree don't say that about statistics. You will one day find yourself amongst coworkers who don't even seem to have the most basic understanding of statistics and it will be very frustrating. Pay attention to statistics anon.
>>
History & Eurasian Studies

Learning to squat like a true Slav, if the academic route falls through I'll go to law school.
>>
File: 1478997221332.jpg (66KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478997221332.jpg
66KB, 720x960px
Epidemiology

Because fuck knows why
>>
>>34646083
Kek, no. You're falling victim to confirmation bias. A lot of robots are really fucking retarded.
>>
>>34655346
Yes

I'm a polisci grad
>>
>>34650175
Can you give me some advice on someone who is majoring in accounting? i am going to take an accounting clas next year. i chose it because it looked like something i might wanna do and was not a meme degree.
>>
File: 1485058414298.jpg (33KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1485058414298.jpg
33KB, 400x343px
>Tfw autistic without the benefit of being really good at math

I've been placed at retard-tier level course math since I was in elementary school. The only thing I'm good at is writing, and that's essentially useless.
>>
>>34655608
Yeah i will. Second week of class starts tomorrow and I did some work before hand to get a heads start to be able to ask questions of stuff i don't understand that well.
>>
>tfw professor in my prospective major said you won't succeed as an introvert
T-thanks
>>
>>34656370
Well it"s true. You will always need help or have to work with others for a project both in and out of university.
>>
File: 1486149268974.jpg (93KB, 960x546px) Image search: [Google]
1486149268974.jpg
93KB, 960x546px
English, it's easy
>>
I want to get into electrical engineering but I know I'm a brainlet.

That's why I'm majoring in EET. I'll get to play with electronics all day without being stuck behind a desk job that'll make me suicidal.

AND its easier? Truly, technicians are the perfect jobs for robots.
>>
>>34656389
nice twitter meme, norman
>>
>>34644794
mechanical engineering

I was always interested in engineering and dont like feminists for obvious reasons.
>>
File: th (24).jpg (13KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
th (24).jpg
13KB, 250x300px
>>34644794
I'm taking gender studies so I can understand women more.
>>34645212
This is the problem eith todays people. They are so worried about just going to college to make monry later when the original purpose of college is to further your education and become more knowledgable, explore yourself, etc.

Capitalism destroyed this
>>
>>34657668
>gender studies
>will never make money
>blames capitalism

Maybe noone needs gender studies in reallife.
>>
>>34657668

what's the point in gaining useless knowledge
>>
computer science
now after almost 2,5 years I realize how bad I am at this programming stuff after working the first time at a company for a internship. I should have gone for something more idio-friendly...
>>
>>34644794
History, want to get into a t14 law school
>>
>studying math
>average grades, not too low to drop out, not too high to have any future in academia
>tfw there are normies in my class who are geniuses and also have good looks and social skills

Why does life have to be so unfair? Why do some people get have it all and others have barely anything?
>>
File: 20140622_193700.jpg (233KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
20140622_193700.jpg
233KB, 1100x733px
meteorology, because storms are cool as fuck
>>
library and information science
>>
>>34648879
It's pretty fucking easy. Literally just memorization.
>t. Accounting major that switched from electrical engineering

In engineering, you had to think at a more in depth level as your classes moved on. Accounting is a joke compared to that.
>>
>>34644794
marine science, so I can fuck around on a boat all day and spend the rest of my life stealing blood from horseshoe crabs.
>>
>>34656203
Ok, hopefully you're still there anon. I'm the guy that made the OG comment everyone's replying to

BOTTOM LINE:
Be on top of your work. Do your work everyday and study early. Why? Becuase when you procrastinate, you're caught in a perpetual cycle of being "behind" and it will make you miserable. Accounting is all memorization and effort, so doing this is very possible.

Learn how to properly wear and tailor a suit to your size. Don't be that one fuck who wears a suit 2 sizes bigger or small. Learn to match colors, but don't be gay about it.

Get a good resume started. Don't have one? Start. Update it as often as possible and send it over to your career management center to get it reviewed as much as you can.

IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO A GREAT COMPANY, POTENTIALLY EVEN A BIG FOUR (Deloitte, PWC, etc)
Being on top of your work will also give you more time to network with people. You're going to need to do a lot of that if you want to get anywhere near the top.

Why do you need to network with people? This only applies if you want to get in a Big Four company. If you don't, then feel free to skip the rest of this comment and follow the "bottom line" above.

Networking as a skill is crucial to your development as a future ambitious accountant. Join student clubs. Go you Univeristy Development events (I'm at University or Texas at Dallas, so I use HIREJSOM for mine, and it has workshops for interviews and resumes, networking mixers with big companies, etc)

MAKE YOUR NAME AND FACE KNOWN. That's all networking is. If you're a known face, you'll be a "comforting" face to those in high up positions. I'm not telling you to be an ass kisser, I'm telling you to do your best to break through your comfort zone and let them know you have initiative and interest in what it is they are doing. They love that shit. Hell, grab a business card from them if they have one.

JOIN PROFESSIONAL STUDENT ACCOUNTING ORGS. At my Uni we have PPA...
>continued in next comment
>>
>>34658422
...which functions as a degree plan/professional organization where you get CPA certified, and more importantly the attention of the top companies. There's an obvious GPA requirement, but expect that for all the good orgs

JOIN AN HONOR FRATERNITY.
Do this as soon as you can. Despite accounting not being that difficult, the work will get more tedious as the years drag on. If you can get joined and involved ASAP, you'll be established at a time that's easier for you. Plus, more resume items

GET LEADERSHIP POSITIONS.
In all the student orgs you join, make it a goal to get some position as an officer. Doesn't matter what, (aside from president), if you can show that you have "effective communication skills" you have a great bargaining chip for any interview you have in the future. Networking is very crucial here as well.

OPTIONAL: DO A STUDENT RESEARCH PROJECT/PAPER
Find a faculty that has published papers for students to higher institutions, and connect with him, STAT. (If you want to do this. If you don't, that's also very understandable, you'll be a very busy student if you're doing everything in suggesting to you). Having a paper published to a place like Stanford or Harvard is a great way to distinguish yourself from other students.

At the risk of sounding like a total fag: HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF. This is a universal rule that applies to all schools of thought and discipline.

You have to tell yourself that you're great, and believe it. Otherwise you won't be able to do the things that are best for you and you'll always set yourself behind due to what others could potentially do to you, or what could potentially fail. You will always miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I've been saying this whole time that accounting is easy, but let's say it's not easy for you? Does that make you bad? No. It just means you have more areas to improve upon, because remember, you're not bad, you're great. You always have room to improve upon, regardless.
>>
>>34658358
>be me horseshoe crab
>be chilling like the prehistoric pleb I am
>hitting it off with female crab, when suddenly metal tongs grab me from above
>fuck
>as I'm being lifted up, see that female crab was actually my neighbor Steve
>FUCK
>why do we all look the same?
>get lifted to the surface and have sharp objects jabbed into me
>thisisit.jpeg
>watch as my blood gets put on some sort or clear external stomach
>get thrown back out into ocean again.
>nobody believes me except Steve, but fuck Steve.
>such is life
>>
>>34644794
Communication Disorders, I wanna help my fellow robots.
>>
Liberal Arts because I was too lazy to change it when I could. I know I am fucked.
>>
Geology with a minor in GIS. My grades are piss-poor and I have really bad attention problems. I really need to get back on ADD meds but I don't like the phyisal/emotional strain they put on my body. Anybody recommend any supplements I could take to help with that? Some anons in another thread suggested l-theanine and 5-HTP.
>>
>>34657603
Job growth for electrical engineering tech is a negative percentage. You should have tried to atleast do the real engineering. Speaking of which colleges jew kids into thinking these engineering tech classes are legit engineering. I can only imagine how suicidal a kid would feel upon graduation to realize he chose the wrong major and has to retake college with so many more high level math classes.
>>
>>34658643
Im the anon that ur replying to.
Wow, that was very motivating, thank you for the advice. If i like accounting and continue on, then i will take ur advice. However, for the record, if i dont like accounting, what are some good non meme degrees that i could fall back on? I dont want do some stupid liberal arts degree but i know i cannot do any hardcore maths or sciences. Its so hard to be uncertain of my future, i hate the feeling of uncertainty.
>>
Theology and Religious Studies in the U.K, because I just want to meditate and be happy
>>
>>34657643
Any engineering major is a safe bet because if you ever need to find a job in another engineering major all you have to do is take another half semester of classes based on that specific engineering.
>>
>>34657971
>math majors
>normies
You have to be some bottom of the barrel loser of you think a mathematician is a normie by any means.
>>
>>34658047
You need a masters at the bare minimum to become a librarian even at some inner city library that uses xomputers with XP still.
>>
File: 1482185183341.jpg (1MB, 1280x1916px) Image search: [Google]
1482185183341.jpg
1MB, 1280x1916px
>>34645757
right across the bay from me
>>34649653
phil major here, nearing completion of my masters degree. philosophy as an undergrad was the sickest shit ever. those early introductory classes were super interesting, and one remains hopeful that there are answers out there for deep philosophical questions many people think about before studying philosophy. all that intro descartes, plato, berkeley, kant stuff was dope.

eventually it gets real old though. the magic goes away when you realize that what people do today when they're doing philosophy is solving little puzzles- no more magical mind blowing ideas.

as far as classes go, yeah pretty comfy. expect lots of difficult reading, 1-2 presentations per semester, and 1-5 papers usually ranging from 15-20 pages to 5-7 pages. seminar format is pretty fun, discussion driven class can be good as long as students don't hog the air.
>>
>>34653013
filthy continental detected
>>
>>34646083
I'm just a tourist from sci

and a cyborg really
>>
>>34651291
I applied and it is my dream

but also 10-15% acceptance rate
>>
>>34660085
Do what's good for you. Only you can decide that. Don't let fear, social pressure from others, or your own self doubts be the deciding factor on this.

Find what you're passionate about do that. Talk to people in fields that you might like, etc.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.