[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Look into the Bedrooms of 20-Somethings Still Living with Their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 435
Thread images: 64

File: normiesreee.jpg (44KB, 487x444px) Image search: [Google]
normiesreee.jpg
44KB, 487x444px
>It's not as depressing as you might think

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/a-look-into-the-bedrooms-of-20-somethings-still-living-at-home?utm_source=vicefbca
>>
File: 1484800762440.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1484800762440.png
337KB, 1144x888px
>>34644326
>tfw you realize it's not your fault you're a neet failure
Sucks to have not raised me right mummy and daddy
>>
She looks cute. I wish I could live with her parents too.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
..Are you expected to move out at twenty?

In 2017? What the fuck?
>>
It is largely our modern economy that forces 20 somethings to still be living at home.

That said I moved out. Its just a matter if you want to sacrifice any comforts for your independence.
>>
>>34644418
Nope.

>>
>>34644434
Did we go back twenty years or something?

Where are 18 year olds moving out in the west this day and age?
>>
>>34644326

I'm starting to think there is something to those /pol/ conspiracy theories about Jewish media trying to make us more accepting of diminishing living standards.

Yes, it's depressing and pathetic if you're in your 20's and live at home with your parents.

It is an indication of an enormous dip in the quality of life for people in the U.S. or Europe.

It's for social rejects and failures. Normies can not be stealing (and normalizing) this behavior. Especially after mocking and demeaning us for decades.

Fuck you.
>>
>>34644434

I'm 23 and I can't even see myself moving out in 3 years, let alone at 18.
>>
>>34644434
lmao the only 18 years olds who live alone i know are those with generous parents who pay their rent
>>
>>34644449

I moved out at 17.

That was 1998 though.
>>
File: 1360714488002.jpg (22KB, 262x228px) Image search: [Google]
1360714488002.jpg
22KB, 262x228px
>23
>college degree
>work full time job at an office with decent benefits

why would i move out? i'd have to blow $10k+ per year on an apartment and i can't afford a house yet. my parents are also clingy and would cry if i left, im the last of 3 boys. they already get sad because im gone all day at work, i get texts from my mom all day long.
>>
>>34644513

Also, to elaborate.

I moved out at 17.

But I didn't really move anything.

I was spending every weekend sleeping over at my friends "place". It was a ROOM (not a studio apartment, a literal room with two couches, a stove, a microwave, and a balcony that acted as a closet/storage space. Toilet and shower was shared with the rest of the house which was literal old people like taxi drivers, random indian dudes who were drunks etc).

Anyway, I decided to just start living there, since I was there all the time, it wasn't far from my parents or my shitty job. Three guys on three couches living in a room.

I moved back in to my parents at about 19.

They kicked me out at 21 because I wanted to change to part time work and study or get an apprenticeship or SOMETHING to improve my situation, but that would mean I couldn't afford to pay them rent. So they threw me out and I ended up living in share houses and stuff. Best period was when me and my fellow cyborg friend whom I had lived with originally finally found a really nice 2 bedroom apartment in a filthy drug riddled ethnic neighborhood. The crime and stuff was bad, but we had our own genuinely big and nice space, and the rent was so low we had money for things like going to the movies and buying vidya and stuff. That was for about 3 years. Best times of my life.
>>
>>34644449
>>34644496
>>34644498

He moved into a college dorm and considers is "moving out"
>>
>>34644326
>More families stick together during hard economic times
>Media always tries to spin it as a bad thing

Daily reminder that "moving out at 18" is literally cultural Marxism that (((They))) pushed in the West to weaken the family structure.

>>34644418
It's a holdover from the post-WWII economy. Prior to that families always stuck together. Unfortunately, thanks to mainstream pop culture and Holy Wood it's considered "responsible" and "manly" to blow all your money on overpriced housing to achieve a fake sense of independence. As usual, places like /pol/ fall for it hook, line and sinker.
>>
>>34644493
You sound retarded. You do realize some people lived on their own from 18 and up, paying over 2k a month, until they were in their mid 20's, and are temporarily moved in to save and look for a new place? If their graduate programs are across the coast or in a different country, it'd be best to take advantage of being able to move in and out of home until they know where they'll be. There's no point in investing in an area when you'll be leaving soon. Also, it's nice not having to pay over 40k in rent per year.
>>
By that right, you should make fun of loser college kids who need to stay in the dorms or apartment housing because they aren't "cool" enough to gather friends and live in a mansion. Cucked.

You're a social reject if you need the school to assign you roommates by random and you live in a tiny cubicle.
>>
I feel bad for the kids who go to their dorm hall activities. That's where the rejects are. All of your hallmates are whack because they are in university yet they need the RAs to organize social gatherings for them. What the fuck.
>>
>>34644418
Keep in mid that 18 year olds everywhere were able up until around 99-01 and even after that some parts of the US were totally manageable. Just hope you weren't born in a shit state like California.
>>
I'd still live with family if my grandfathers health didn't go south.
>>
File: SDV_0039_1.webm (1MB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
SDV_0039_1.webm
1MB, 400x266px
>>34644326

is it?
this video is old I moved all my shit around and I have a ps4 and xbone now
>>
Why do Americucks treat living at home in your twenties as some kind of stigma? It's a sound financial decision because it allows you to save for a house of your own.
>>
Wait, there are people in their MID 20's that still fucking live at home? That has to be europe right, like italy? What the fuck are you even doing? I moved out at 19 and I thought that was late. I worked full time and had a room mate and we split rent, it wasn't that bad you just have to know how to budget. I could not imagine living at home in my 20's, what the fuck do you tell girls? "lets go back to my moms house and fuck" ???? Literally wut.
>>
>>34644449
I moved out at 18. It's nice, I'd have a lot more money if I hadn't.
>>
>>34644973

How can you call yourself a grown ass man when you live with mommy? I even have more respect for college kids that leave and live in dorms or frat houses at least they have a taste of independence. Jesus christ get it together son, you're never going to get laid living at home.
>>
>>34644326
>Putting 800 $ on a bank account every month instead of wasting it on rent is not as depressing as you might think
>>
File: doublerage.jpg (25KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
doublerage.jpg
25KB, 680x680px
>>34644981
>what the fuck do you tell girls? "lets go back to my moms house and fuck" ???? Literally wut.
>>
>>34644973

Its just an Internet thing. Irl there is no stigma. Everyone I grew up with stayed home until 23, maybe 26 and bought their own place or ran off to the big city for a shitty apartment. Some people move in with their widowed grandmother to help out. You watch to many Hollywood films.
>>
>>34644382
My parents' parents were active in their lives. Mine were heavy into drugs and didn't play a part in my upbringing. My father who has had custody of me since I was 8 says it's all my fault. Fuck him. He is better than my alcoholic mom but with him I've been home alone 5-6 days a week. On top of being genetic trash my life has been shit.
>>
>>34644981
>not asserting dominance and fucking her at her family home
>>
>>34644981

Rent is at least $10k/yr unless you're a cuck that gets a roommate. For fucking what? Put that in a 401k instead of being a dumbass irresponsible piece of shit.
>>
>>34645054
>>34645067
There is a stigma, rightfully so. Yes you save money, by freeloading off your parents who have already funded your ass for twenty years already and probably paid for your college too. The least you can do is gtfo of their house and pay your own damn rent.
It's one thing if you can't find a job, but making good money while still mooching is disgusting and selfish. I hope you at least give them rent and utility money.
>>
>>34645061

Do you think 'let's go back to my house right now and have a lot of sex' sounds any better? How autistic are you?
>>
>>34645100
For what? How about having some pride and not being a leech on your parents as long as you possibly can like you seem to advocate? Why not just go to the soup kitchen too so you don't have to spend your paycheck on food?
>>
I'm with my parents till I reach 30 years old, after that it's the end for me. I don't want to live anymore
>>
>>34645123

I'm from the south so there isn't enough money to freeload, much less to get a free ride through college. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon is their mouth like your spoiled yankee ass. It's bizarre to think people are really as naive and childish as you though. You're not the first retard to spout such opinions here.
>>
File: wagecuck.jpg (166KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
wagecuck.jpg
166KB, 864x864px
>>34645129
>let's go back to my house right now and have a lot of sex
>>
>>34644418
I go to a college that is only a 20 minute drive from my house. Why on Earth should I move out? The dorms would cost me like an extra 10k a semester just so that I can room with normies
>>
>>34644710
You're a colossal retard. If you dont live with your parents you moved out. Just because you werent smart enough to get into a college doesn't make a difference in facts
>>
>>34645123

Lmao go fuck yourself with this retarded normie mentality. I don't owe my parents DICK. They chose to have me. I did not choose to be alive. Everything that happens as a consequence of my birth is on their heads.

If you're not prepared to have an adult NEET burdening you for the rest of your life DON'T HAVE CHILDREN.
>>
>>34645182
I just said IF you can move out, you should. I made no comment about poor people who literally can't afford to move out. But in reality almost anyone with any sort of full time job can move out if they stopped being twats.
By the way I'm from the south too, and moved out at 20 the day after graduation, despite being offered to stay. Because I'm not a leech.
>>
File: smug loli.png (2MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [Google]
smug loli.png
2MB, 1214x1109px
>>34645161
>>34645123
>>34645054
t. kicked out ragie wagie
It's Saturday, shouldn't you be out working your second job to afford the monthly rent?
>mfw 22 and still living with parents
>got 30k in the bank not including 401k
>drive a 'vette

Feels good being able to afford things.
>>
>>34645226
>living at a school where you can't do shit without worrying about getting caught

at least while living with mommy I can fap at any time and don't have to worry about people coming in
>>
>>34645153

Maybe you should have been a better son then.

>>34645161

What pride in there is wasting money? Your parents need it more than some big city kike slumlord. We don't even have soup kitchens, it's a movie meme like slow motion and dying instantly when shot. Food is cheap anyway. Good quality whole foods is $30/wk per person. If you can't afford that then the job isn't worth the costs of car insurance/gas.
>>
>>34645248
post the vette boi
>>
Why would I shell out 3-5k a month when I can live in a top location, surrounded by everything I need and sunshine, close access to friends, work, any schooling, beaches, for a place half my size which is in a worse area and no parking? I don't want to live with other roommates and have lived in the fanciest of places. I love home and it's beautiful sweet home until I go to a graduate program!

There are people I know who want to move to my area for their children but can't, even if they have two people working as a couple, because the prices are high. I have my privacy - if you think I'm the type to invite boys over with your intentions, no thank you. I've had all the penthouse invites, hosted dinner parties, am still complimented on my old places and rooms until this day by my friends (they keep telling me 'oh i loved your room at ___ (insert street name), that place was so beautiful), and we can go anywhere we want. Maybe for boys it's an issue because sex? But if I'm not a whore, I don't care! I love where I live.

I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect location. If I lived in Beverly Hills, which I have, I wouldn't be able to get many square units, as all of their condos / housing is tiny for what you pay in 3-5 per month range, and it's rare to find parking.

http://takesunset.com/tag/celebrity-homes/
http://la.curbed.com/celebrity-houses-real-estate
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/see-angelina-jolie-brad-pitts-8888650
>>
This topic is pointless on this board. Everyone here are losers/NEETs so of course they live with mom and dad well into their 20s
If youre over 20 and you don't pay rent youre a fucking leech. That's how you guys ended up here, your parents have no idea how to raise a child.
>>
>>34645299
(2/2)

I'm happy being in walking distance to the Griffith Park Observatory, 4 golf courses, LA zoo, a beautiful lake (which is nice because it's private or not many LA residents know about it, and it's peaceful, I don't have to go to the beach to see water), and the friendliest neighborhood ever. Why would I need to prove independence when I've already had it, many times, and been through the best off-living experiences you'll never have? Lol. I mean, I guess maybe for people who have never before, they need to 'get their own place' to show that 'wow i have my own place,' but when you've been doing that since way back when...... i'm good taking a break :DD!!! :D

and it's happy to be home after a while, i love helping parents & when they're sick i can care after <3 them

>>34645054
Do you realize how dirty frat houses are? Yes, they have catering on some days, but living in a frat house is a hell hole. They're even worse than the geeky kids in the dorms, because they have to pay to be hazed into friendship bonding and have no choice but to associate with a limited circle in their Greek bubble, where functions are organized and dues are paid to participate. It's actually for autist robots, and you'd know if you knew people who were Greek. Even the top houses have the biggest autists, lol. If you're already popular, you don't need the Greek system. Because you aren't worried.
>>
File: 1474227289588.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474227289588.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>try my hardest to be normal
>it never works out
>parents enable me and want me to live with them forever
>will probably be a virgin so attached to his parents that when they die, he will be useless in the real world (movie Adam comes to mind)
>spend my time wishing that time stopped during college or high school so I can be worry and responsibility free
>>
>>34645314
t. mad because he has shit parents
>>
>>34645314
Why do you keep samefagging? I don't get it.
>>
File: socal.jpg (687KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
socal.jpg
687KB, 3264x2448px
>>34645287
originalio desu
>>
>>34644326
>tfw italian
it's a good feel tho
>>
>23
>no degree
>no skilled work experience
>very spotty unskilled labor resume

I'm living with my parents until they die. Good thing they're 60.
>>
>>34645340
sexy car desu
>>
>>34645340
Nice car, anon. Any more angles of it? Under the hood shot would be nice
>>
>>34645244

So you're a retard, that's not exactly news here. You can't afford to move out at 20 unless you somehow come across a couple hundred thousand dollars. I'm 28 and just now breaking $55k. I could move out but I see no need. I only want one room anyway, and this way I don't have to walk across the yard when I want to visit my parents. Maybe you're just totally worthless as a human being, but most people have value. For us good people it can't be considered leaching in anyway, except maybe the parents leaching off of us.
>>
>>34645336
?? You think living with your parents and not paying anything is good parenting? I bet you think a fatass kid whose parents give him candy everytime he cries is good parenting too.

I love my parents for instilling independence in me, how about you? You only "love" them because theyre probably all you have so you have no choice.

>>34645337
>hurr durr multiple people cant disagree with me

I only have 2 posts in this thread (3 now)
>>
>>34644962
What's the big white thing?
Is that a fan or a heater?
>>
File: faggot.png (17KB, 332x422px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
17KB, 332x422px
>>34645248
Lmao, you've been living at home this whole time and STILL only have 30k? Sad! Pic related; I'm 22 and have been fully independent for years. The difference? I can walk around my place naked, invite friends over, fuck women, set the thermostat and generally not be a culled child. Must suck being so poor you give up freedom just to get what I easily saved.
>>
Literally frat houses are the dirtiest places on earth. Yes, even frat houses which are a simple walk from Bel Air. SAE, Kappa, whatever you think.

And I'd rather save money than pay for a place I'm not abbbbbsolutely entirely 100000% perfect in love with. Just for the sake of independence

I have my independence here, and I love it :)

You act like being with family is hell but we're not singing kumbaya together in a circle all day. I really am in love with my area and hope I can live here forever, but I can't because graduate school. But it really is the best, and I'm not surprised people like brad & angelina / leonardo dicaprio / natalie portman / vogue editors live here.

lrn 2 appreciate bitch <3 home is heaven <3 and home is where your heart is <3 ~ ! *~
>>
>>34645239
>I don't owe my parents DICK.
Don't worry, I gave them some anyway.
>>
>>34645401
Live at home losers btfo
>>
>>34645394
at the end of the vid? that's a box fan
>>
The "it costs too much" is bullshit unless you live in a major city. I was 19, making 1 dollar above min wage working full time. I'd net around $1500 a month, $700 went to rent which I split with my room mate. That left me usually around $800 a month to budget on gas, food, water and other expenses. It wasn't bad at all. Could I afford the newest video games or whatever you nerds play, no but that was fine. I was living life.

You're all a bunch of mommas boys to be honest, that is why so many of you are failing with women and in life. Mommy isn't going to be there to wipe you ass, you gotta grow up bitch boy.
>>
>>34645401
>13k

W O W
O
W

M C D O N A L D S
>>
>>34645381
>You can't afford to move out at 20 unless you somehow come across a couple hundred thousand dollars. I'm 28 and just now breaking $55
Sorry you chose a shitty degree and/or are too stupid to get your career off the ground. I make $76k and I'm years younger than you.
>>
>>34645401
>invested $12,000

Why even fucking bother? Even if you got a yearly return of 20%, it would still be nothing
>>
File: 1485374905363.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485374905363.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>34645401
You gottem dude. Nice.
>>
>>34645424
Sweet.
Nice one.
Your room was in the optimum arrangement for that fan.
No oscillation needed for you.
I need to get a new fan.
>>
>>34645401
>he doesn't invest 50% of his earning into a 401k
I think 30k is pretty conservative for the size of my plan.
>>
>>34645446
Post your account lol?
>>
>>34644406
Your post made me laugh a lot; this fucking board man.
>>
>>34645464
>online banking
no thanks pleb
>>
>>34645474
In other words, you're broke and are shitting on someone else when you have nothing. Thanks for the confirmation, I figured. You roleplayers are really easy to spot
>>
>>34644829
/thread
Shilling will continue anyways.
>>
>>34645314

What's there to know? You have a kid and then raise it. It's not like puppies were you throw them away in 6months after they're no longer cute. Kids are like birds, they live for decades and you have to take care of them until they die. Don't have kids if you aren't mature enough for that.
>>
>>34645461
401k's are for legally retarded people who can't navigate motherfucking yahoo finance and make their own investments like an adult
>>
I don't get how people can say a word to others for living at home. I'm sorry but uh - I moved out earlier than you, lived in nicer places than you ever will, and still do, even mere roommates shit on your future life partner, and who are you ?

That doesn't change the fact that my best friends will book penthouses and hotels anytime I fly in the country, have international fans, and hospitality unmatched. And I do the same. You having a place doesn't grant you any value or credibility. Some people have the ability but choose to wait.

I don't shit on other people and their friends because their friends aren't world-famous or all-star athletes. Why are you so dense and retarded? Lmao. I can't even imagine myself doing that, it's so cringe. ??? I think these people are new?????.?????????
>>
>>34644326
>Boomers permanently fuck up the housing market, making it a renter's market instead of buyer's market
>you're expected to move out at 18 and rent from some fat old man who bought 10 properties when he turned 20 because there were actually good jobs available to everyone back then
>if you don't pay for a fat diabetic boomer's rent you're considered a loser and a stupid millenial

Kill all oldies when?
>>
>>34644829
I would have loved to stay at home and saved money, but my folks kicked me out without hesitation as soon as I was legally declared an adult.
Then they wonder why I never fucking talk to them any more.
>>
>>34645451
>>34645461
I started investing about six months ago lads. I'll have $100k in there in 2-3 years. Just had to go ahead and finish paying for college, move cities and other such things.

>>34645461
>implying I would contribute so much to a 401k before maxing my IRA yearly contributions
>>
it's liek me saying

lOL OP the bitch u talk to on interpals
did you know her favorite boy crush celebrity is my best friend? he's her walllpaper? suck my dick

like whats the point??? live yOuR lyFe~
>>
>>34645449

Falling for the college meme
Kek, enjoy your debt I guess. I but you're tolerant and voted Bernie too.
>>
>>34645505
still better than wagecuck working minimum wage
>>
>>34645517
>What's there to know?
This is why you have bad parents. Your parents probably had bad parents too. Its a vicious cycle, sorry you had to be born into it
>>
File: 175x175-75.png (16KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
175x175-75.png
16KB, 175x175px
>>34645401
Nice.
>>34645451
>$2,400
>nothing

Even @ 5% thats $600 made that otherwise would not be.

Must be nice to be stupid/or rich.
>>
>>34645536
SLOWLY they are dying off.
>immigrants replacing them
gg
>>
File: 1482816583482.png (238KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1482816583482.png
238KB, 400x350px
>>34644326
>Being expected to move out at the age of 18

Yeah, and I should just walk right into some place, look the manager straight in the eye, shake his hand, and say "hire me pls"
>>
>>34645530
Stop roleplaying you retarded autist.
>>
My parents didn't kick me out, I left on good terms with them at 19. You fucking retards don't realize that your parents are holding you back in life, talking you into shit that was bad for you (most college degrees). You're just too much of a bitch to stand up on your own 2 feet and live your life. Sad really.
>>
>>34645461

30k isn't even legal, there are annual contribution limits.

>>34645524

At least do 5 minutes of reading. 401k is free money from your employer, and untaxed at that. Only a retard would pass it up. I have taxable accounts too, but my 401k is a happy freebie. Why do you think turning away shitloads of free money is a good thing?
>>
>>34645561
Nah, no debt. I got scholarships (I'm white) because I decided I should probably make something of myself. It's okay, not everyone has drive like that. Don't beat yourself up.
>>
File: 1477730680950.jpg (9KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
1477730680950.jpg
9KB, 194x260px
Who let out the spooks?
>>
>>34645541
What I'm saying is that you shouldn't invest ANYTHING until you have at least $50k to invest. Anything below $50k and you're just risking your little pile of money for a reward that is mathematically not good enough. Sell your stock, put the $12k in a normal savings account, and wait til you have $50k before investing again (or even better: $100k)
>>
>>34644829
How is it a fake sense of independence, because you've never felt it? Living on your own is /literally/ independence, wut?
>>
>>34645564
>having no money is better than having money
Delusional fuckwit, please end yourself so you cant contribute to the gene pool any longer (not like you would have anyway)
>>
>>34645596
>Why do you think turning away shitloads of free money is a good thing?

Because he's baiting.
>>
>>34645536

Is boomer just a politically correct way of bitching about da j00s? All the complaints are literally identical. I have no problem with you being racist, just don't pussyfoot around it. Own it like a fucking man or keep it to yourself.
>>
File: 083 - ksUGQ6w.png (213KB, 490x640px) Image search: [Google]
083 - ksUGQ6w.png
213KB, 490x640px
>>34645602
That makes no sense mathematically nor emotionally. Damn you're retarded. I would be floored if you knew the first thing about either investments or tax advantaged accounts.
>>
>>34645573
If you only have $12,000 chances are you're not savvy enough to get a 20% return. 20% is what the very best investors get, like Mark Cuban and whatnot. It's the absolute cap. If you're a decently savvy person, you can get 7%. If you are the type of person who only has $12k, chances are you are going to LOSE money on the stock market.

Even if you manage to NOT LOSE money, your gains will barely outpace inflation in a BEST CASE scenario. Mathematically, it only makes sense to buy stock if you have at least $50k.

But I'm guessing you're legally retarded
>>
>all the normies in this thread
what the hell has this board actually become
>>
>>34645567

I have bod parents because it's easy to be a good parent? I don't follow your line of thinking. You'll have to elaborate for me.
>>
File: e43.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
e43.png
53KB, 571x618px
>>34645299
>>34645320
Fuck this board guys I'm out
>>
>>34645654
Have you honestly never heard the term baby boomer? Do you not live in the US?
>>
>>34644326
>Saving up to by a house

I hope they mean tiny house like me otherwise they're just getting meme'd hard again.
>>
>>34645635
t. mad wagey
>>
File: 1469866879083.png (8KB, 461x343px) Image search: [Google]
1469866879083.png
8KB, 461x343px
>>34645601
I have to agree this is quite the spooky thread.

>>34645676
It's really nothing new.
>>
>>34645668
>what is this strange symbol %
>>
File: lovelove.jpg (168KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
lovelove.jpg
168KB, 500x334px
>lol i have a studio in compton
>been a week, fuck you NEETs

>???.jpg - ive lived in bh for 7 years
>my bathroom is nicer than your situation

and i don't give a fuck if someone lives with their grand dad or someone they don't know. anytime my friend tells me they're living with their family, i smile so hard because i love the fact that their family is together <3

it makes me happy :) and you know that person is in good hands! / in a happy house

to be with your family is a blessing.
or to even have a place to call home.

>..cont
>so uve lived in compton on your own for the first time, for a week. ur a superstar
>but im better than you in every single way and you still aint popular, poppin, gorgeous, pretty, loved, lovable, cute, pretty, nice, kind, and generous. and???? i got deans honor list at _ university (top rated) while you finished khans academy half way

so the fuck what ?
>>
Why the fuck would you want to live with your parents unless you're NEET?
I'm not bashing I just dont understand, I actually WANTED to get the fuck away from my parents when I was old enough. Don't you feel weird getting home from a long day at work and coming home to your mom and dad?
>>
File: 1486229749096.png (13KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1486229749096.png
13KB, 650x650px
@34645668
heres your

>>>>>(you)

enjoy it nerd
>>
>>34645595
Not all of us want to be good guys, we just wait for our inheritance and then continue living exactly the same way until we die. Enjoy the rat race for us, I'm too busy with better things.
>>
File: 1480705038074.jpg (447KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480705038074.jpg
447KB, 1024x1024px
>>34645654
Here are some educational boomer memes, my friend.
>>
>>34645724
>I'm too busy with better things.
Like?
>>
>>34645598
>projecting
That's a mean inferiority complex you got there
>>
File: 2.jpg (295KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
295KB, 1280x853px
like where the fuck were you when were on hollywood hills at mulholland? bel air?

oh shit i forgot you were in a 5x5 dorm room sitting on the fucking floor chugging some 0.1% vodka lemonade you snuck in from ralphs so you can pow wow with your dorm mates and fall asleep in time for math class in the morn

get out dweeb
>>
>>34645719
I'm the same, but the local economy has been shit for about a year before I graduated (learned this when I couldn't find an internship but managed to land a job 2 cities away).

That fell through though so now I'm a neet with a degree.
>>
>>34645602

This is why you are poor. People should invest no matter how much they have. Risk doesn't change at all whether you have $5 or $5,000,000. Spend it, invest it, just whatever you do never put money into savings. That is the absolute single worst financial decision a person could ever make. Even the roulette table is better than a savings account.
>>
>>34644418
I got out of my mom's house when i was 19. Then i graduated in medicine and now i'm a doctor making mad cash
>>
>>34645226
If the kid gets kicked out or finishes college where do you think his home is going to be? also do you think the kid is paying for his own dorm room?
>>
>>34645726
Baby boomer genocide when?????
>>
File: 1485046230670-1.jpg (65KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1485046230670-1.jpg
65KB, 400x388px
>>34645123
I'm 25, work full time, and still live at home with my parents. I buy all my own food and give them $100 a week though. It's definitely cheaper than getting my own place, especially in the area I live. Plus it helps out my parents so it's a win/win.
>>
File: clear.jpg (79KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
clear.jpg
79KB, 770x513px
>and because people who live with paren'ts CAN'T work at the same time?!

WHY ARE YOU SO ONE DEE
>>
>>34644382
It obviously is though.
>>
>>34645401
You have no student debt, you've been living on your own for years, and you have a nice amount of money saved up. How did you manage to do this? Did your dad give you a job in his company, or do you do programming or something
>>
>>34645689

>wrinkly big nosed greedy person who has to issue hurting others for personal gain
I'm familiar with both terms, it's just curious how bitching is always "woe is little old goy me! The je- I mean boomers are keeping me down :' ''''' '' ' 'cccc"
>>
File: 1485977060948.png (403KB, 790x628px) Image search: [Google]
1485977060948.png
403KB, 790x628px
>>34645726
where's the lie?
we're in the worst spot we've been in since the great depression because of them
>>
File: wfe.jpg (283KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
wfe.jpg
283KB, 500x741px
i literally know some people who pay their parents bank, triple x 5x the rent, while staying at their place in their 20's

and it's the norm in asia

idk but people here are fucking neckbeards god
why am i even in this fucking plaid knitting association and shit this bear fur idiot club gay

bye

don't even peek
if you want to leave this degenerating place
>>
File: 1485988106952.jpg (21KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
1485988106952.jpg
21KB, 362x362px
>>34645872
You're a fucking retard kek. Baby boomers are the term given to the generation born after ww2, nothing to do with jews.
>>
>>34645825
Honestly In my perfect society you're euthanized around age 65-70.

First 20 years are study and childhood, middle 20 are work/responsibilities, last 20-30 are retirement and chilling.
>>
>>34645719
Yes I absolutely hate it, right now I have a manual labor job but it doesn't pay enough to live on my own. Will probably get another job to work 7 days a week and then move out
>>
>>34645719

You don't have to crawl in bed with them after work. Usually I get home the same time as my dad. I hop in the shower, have a be with dinner, watch the news and we talk about how much everything sucks, then I go to my room and shitpost about an hour before bed. Not everyone hates their parents. That may be where you got confused.
>>
>>34645930
What's so bad about it? I don't live with my parents anymore but I never really had any problems when I did.
>>
>>34645726
Post more like this, I had about a dozen baby boomer genocide genocide pics but I lost them
>>
>>34645743

Where do I even begin? I'm reluctant to rattle of a list because you might become even more depressed. Let's just say it's big boy stuff, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>34645123
is right
>>34645239
is a typical self-absorbed entitled manchild. Zero self-awareness too, that's the worst part.
>>
>>34645668
I'm praying you're baiting, because the alternative is really quite sad. Let this be a lesson to anyone reading this thread interested in investing.
1. You can only contribute $5,500 per year to an IRA, which you should do for obvious (to most?) reasons.
2. You can only contribute $18,500 to a 401k per year.
3. Inflation and the market works on percentages. Inflation averages around 3% annually. The average of the market, across long periods, averages an annual return of 7-9%. What this means is, by investing in long term index funds (VTSAX, VGSIX, etc) you will, eventually, always gain money on the order of 5-7%. The only way this could be untrue is if the US stock market never goes up again. If that happens, we have bigger problems.
4. Numerous studies have proven that investing money earlier is always better, throughout the history of the market. If you are waiting to have an arbitrary lump sum to dump into taxable accounts, you're not only missing out on gains, but your lump sum is degrading to inflation the longer you hold it.
5. Professional active stock traders on average do not beat the average returns of the market. A given person may have hot years, but they equally have cold years. There is no person who has beaten the market to any statistically relevant degree, taken over time. The best traders are in the end getting the same returns that a random kid is getting by dumping things into VTSMX.

I hope this has inspired some of you to be less retarded or perhaps even interested in learning about taking control of your financial situation.

>>34645868
Coding
>>
>>34645936
Who said anything about hating their parents? That's where YOU got confused.
>>
File: 6ZFTC0V.png (459KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6ZFTC0V.png
459KB, 1200x1200px
it's cozy as hell. no rent, mom cooks :D

imo rest of the world should learn from italy and spain
>>
>>34644326
It is easy for women to get away with still living with their parents. They just latch onto a guy who has his own place or is already established and then slide out with no transition and no work required except just getting a guy. They also aren't seen as pathetic.

However, a guy living at home with his parents basically is fucked. If you don't somehow become successful and get out on your own you will forever be stuck there. No easy ticket out. The other problem is just by virtue of being there you are vastly more unattractive than you would normally be fucking you even harder.

This article is pretty much "It is easy being a female."
>>
>>34646014
>the lowest percent are the richest and most developed countries
Really makes you think
>>
I am 28 and just moved back home for about half a year so I can buy a house. Shits cash, I normally just crash at my gfs place all the time anyways.
>>
>>34646059
>Easy to find jobs & high paying with low skills

rly made my synapses pulse with electricity
>>
>>34645989
I think I'm a bit older than the average robot, so I'm not living with my parents, but I saw this post (and some of the others in this thread) and I just had to ask you a few things. People like you are quite interesting to me. What do you do outside of "trying to be materially/financially successful at all times"? Do you have any other interests besides posting on 4chan? Do you even have friends who you aren't primarily using for connections or networking? Your life sounds pretty hard. I think you will be reincarnated as a Japanese salaryman.
>>
>>34646014
Arent the ones with the lowest % also the ones where taxes are high? Or am i just geographically illiterate?
>>
File: net_median_wealth_per_cap.png (43KB, 495x812px) Image search: [Google]
net_median_wealth_per_cap.png
43KB, 495x812px
>>34646059
you they are not. dont believe the myths
>>
>>34644544
There's almost no way I could leave my parents as the youngest and doom them early on.They give me plently of gbp's to take care of them and make up for staying home.
>>
>>34645896

You're a fucking retard if you really aren't getting it after I explained twice. People complain about Jews a certain way. Others complain about boomers. The complaints about boomers are the same as the complaints about jews. How people complain about Jews is the same way people complain about boomers. People complain the same way when it comes to both Jews and boomers. Complaints brought up against Jews and boomers are the same.

Do you get it yet or does your stupid ass still think we are talking about when people were born?
>>
>be 26
>live at home
>all people you know from hs are living at home
>made no friends in uni, obvs
>talk to dad about someone else wanting to move out
>"why would you do that? it's too expensive for no benefit."
>another 3-4 years at home guaranteed
>>
>>34645900
Thank fuck you're just a greasy basement dwelling virgin. That sounds like a horrible place for horrible people.
>>
>>34646119
My ultimate goal is to retire at or before 40. To that end I've researched a lot about investing and tax code etc. My life is pretty cushy, but I do take steps to save a lot.
I cook/make every meal, try to eat out as little as possible. I budget $50/month on eating out, so I still do it sometimes. I just ordered a pizza ten mins ago.
My apartment is pretty nice, no savings here.
I drive a shitty old car and when it breaks down I'll buy another shitty used car.

My hobbies include vidya, cooking, hiking, drinking with buddies, playing piano and various other cheap activities. There's nothing I really want to do that I refrain from because of money, except eating out. Also I'm pretty anti consumerist and minimal by nature so I basically never buy anything unnecessary. But again I'm not denying myself, I just don't want things.
>>
>>34646058

This is true.

My sister is a talentless idiot, and sucks druggie chad's dick and gets free room and board, and justifies it by sayiing

"At least I get laid!" in a snarky shrill voice

god i wish i was gay

all women are vain opportunistic attention whores, competing for chads cock.
>>
>>34646212
>The complaints about boomers are the same as the complaints about jews
Wrong. You're a fucking retard. Jews want western civilization to fall, baby boomers are just dumb fat arrogant americans.
>>
>>34645993

I tried really hard but that was the only reason I could think of for someone to not want to live with them. Did you stumble upon a top secret list that had additional reasons?
>>
I moved out last year and will never go back.
I like my parents but they are just so fucking annoying. When ever you do something they will try there best to make sure that it doesn't happen. I sit down to play vidya and within about 10mins of me playing they barge into my room, without knocking, and tell me to do something they could easily do such as getting the washing off the line or putting a load on. Then i come back inside and they are both just sitting the fuck down drinking coffee, this happens every time. After i complete that they tell me to do something else, once i complete that i have to do another thing for them. If i refuse to do said job/chore they get fucking passive aggressive at me, like saying 'its alright, anon. I'll do it, just like everything else' and 'you never do anything to help us out'. Its literally only me they ask to do these things, not my brother who is perfectly capable of sharing the work load. I like seeing them, i just hate going home. I dread it every time and when i leave they say "Anon you never say too long". Bitch its you who drove us away, you were always saying you looked forward to us moving out. Don't fucking complain now, I have a taste of freedom.

sorry that was a rant, i needed to get this out.
>>
>>34644981
The only sexually active friend I had was a 6 foot 3 Alt-Chad. If he said let us fuck at muh moms the grills would. Or they would fuck somewhere else. None the less that piece of shit who lived with his cancerous parents had sex a lot. He was very arrogant about that fact.
>>
File: don.jpg (109KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
109KB, 413x395px
>tfw when 33, no job, and living in a condo paid for by parents
>>
File: xtaW7WF.jpg (157KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
xtaW7WF.jpg
157KB, 480x436px
>>34646238
Why? Explain to me the purpose of letting people with practically one foot out the door have say in how the system is run?

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

>Thank fuck you're just a greasy basement dwelling virgin.
Is this supposed to mean anything? Of course my system could use some adjustments depending on a variety of factors but I'd love to hear exactly why it's bad besides "muh ethics" when death is infalliably inavoidable for all life.
>>
What if I live with my mid 60's widowed father at 24 so that he doesn't have to spend the last years of his life completely alone or in a nursing home? Am I still looked down upon?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 235x215px
>tfw can't get a job because still in school, and if I got a shit job I wouldn't have time for my sports and my gf
>tfw poor af and ask mommy and daddy for money to buy my gf food
>>
>24 years old
>still living with parents
>tfw mom trying to convince me that's "normal" and not to move out
>>
>>34646240

You sound pretty cool. It's eery how similar our thoughts are. Had it not been for the bit about coding I could mistake your post for something I wrote, but I went the nursing route. More poop but better hours and less sitting.

Its sad how so many people want to be poor or retire when they're old. Why even bother at that point? We can always reenter the work force part time or per diem/freelance, or even switch careers if we get sick of doing things we actually enjoy. Old people can't go back to being young though.
>>
>>34646257

Are you sure? Just 5 minutes ago someone was saying boomers want western civilization to fall and Jews are just dumb fat arrogant americans.
>>
>>34646262
Oh I dont know. Maybe you just simply do not want to live under someone else's roof? Is that idea foreign to you? It's not bad if you dont understand but its possible to move out and have a good relationship with your parents, you know that right?
>>
>>34646240
That's a lot more similar to my own lifestyle than I was expecting, except I put a little more money toward my car and practically nothing toward furnishing my apartment besides stuff I moved in with years ago. I work as an artist.

Are you also one of the people in this thread full of disdain for younger robots still living at home? Your self-description paints a pretty down-to-earth person who I couldn't see making those judgments.
>>
>23
>skilled trade
>own my own house
>laugh at snowflakes who try to rationalize their college debt
>>
>>34646429
Because people, if they can even wrap their heads around early retirement being possible, aren't willing to take the steps to achieve it. They're addicted to excess and mindless buying. What really gets me is, "I couldn't retire early, I'd get so bored!" as though there's really nothing to do in life other than work your shitty job and then die. I've just stopped talking to people about it, they never believe you'll be able to do it anyway.

>>34646490
Yeah but I was just trolling. I do dislike when people can easily move out but choose not to though while not helping their parents. My starting salary was more than my mom's current salary, how could I mooch off her? She should be mooching from me.
>>
>>34645401
We both know you ain't inviting no one home to fuck with that clitty you call a dick witeboi
>>
>>34645239
Do everyone a favor and just fucking off yourself. Nobody wants you around anyway. You're an adult child. Your existence is not welcome or needed. But you probably don't have the balls to kill yourself so you'll just sit in your room, jacking it to cartoon children, and drinking mountain dew all day. BTW, mom wants you to mow the lawn tomorrow. And don't forget about your big 30th birthday party. It's next month.
>>
>>34646349

If I built the society then damn right I want a say in how it's run. What do a bunch greedy little shits know besides the fact I worked hard for what I have and they want the same, minus all the hard work. They can go fuck themselves. I'd rather everything burn down than have it stolen from me like you think is just teh bestest idea evar. I'm far from the only one who feels this way too.

Why should anyone bother with building a society if they're slaves for 40 years only to be rewarded with a chance to 'chill' the last two decades on death row? Death will come on its own time. Ethics is the best reason not to rob someone of a third of their lifespan. I guess morality and fuck you work if ethics isn't enough though. Social Security should absolutely be removed, as well as housing and food assistance. This is where you should focus. Not on killing grannies for the lulz.
>>
>>34644493
I'm 25 and am still living at home. Come June I'll be finished my schooling and then I can hopefully move onto my career path. Once I am stable in my career and with my finances (which is assured since I don't have any bills due to the fact I live at home and have always been very frugal, to the point of never even owning a cellphone to save money) I'll move out at that point without fear of crippling debt like most people my age are already in.

My parents have always believed that it'd be better for me and my siblings to be on our best leg possible before leaving and therefore never rushed any of us out early and before we were prepared. I'm the last to leave but thanks to their help I should move out on my own without any worries at least. So anytime someone makes fun of the fact I still live at home I just turn the other cheek since I know that I'm better for it.
>>
File: 1454402251806.png (956KB, 687x513px) Image search: [Google]
1454402251806.png
956KB, 687x513px
>>34644418
VICE is a fucking joke that churns out buzzfeed-level clickbait nowadays.

It's well documented that *most* twenty-somethings (even normalfags - especially normalfags) live with their parents nowadays. The ones who don't probably live in an apartment that their parents are paying for.

Articles like this are literally made so Stacy can post them on facebook, laugh at how special and quirky she is for being "suuuuch a loser still living at home", and farm likes from orbiters while VICE farms clicks, shares and ad money.

It's clickbait that anyone narcissistic enough to be on social media can share and click on because they relate to it. It's literally just an article that describes, and carefully felates, the demographic they expect to pass it around.
>>
>>34646359

>I don't live with my parents
>my parents live with me

An interesting loophole but I tried it. It can be a tough sell. It works great on older folks but peers look at me weird.
>>
>>34646519
Here in Ontario they are finally starting to push skilled trades. It's nice to know that maybe more people will get to see the benefits of the high paying jobs they provide for little post secondary education and debt.
>>
>>34644962
More robots should take videos of their rooms for robot room threads. Static pictures of boring

Always wanted to do a panorama of my room for one of those threads
>>
>>34646554
>I do dislike when people can easily move out but choose not to though while not helping their parents.

That's perfectly reasonable. I would expect most people to feel at least a little guilty about contributing nothing, but it's kinda forgivable if they can't help the situation (still in college, no job, too poor, etc.). I'm pretty sure like 90% of robots living with their parents fall in that category, especially since they seem to be mostly in the 18-24 age range. But if they're actually making bank then yeah that's pretty reprehensible.
>>
>>34644326
I'm 20 and I live with my parents, they don't ask for rent like wtf do your parents hate all of you. Also how are you supposed to pay rent and good with a shitty job, you can't (at least in spicland) but anyway, why are your parental kicking you OUT? Are you a little shit?
>>
>>34646484

Maybe I'm just practical to a fault. Whether it's my parents, shekelstein rentburg, the bank, or me myself and I who owns the roof I really don't give a shit. I want a bed, clothes, food, and my library and computer. Being closish to work is the cherry on top. Anything else just doesn't really matter to me. Who cares about homonerdshit except other homonerds?
>>
File: 1424122903011.gif (66KB, 699x800px) Image search: [Google]
1424122903011.gif
66KB, 699x800px
I'm 25 and I'm currently in my second apartment that I've paid for by myself (upgraded from my first one). All my friends who are the same age live on their own and have for at least a few years. What are you people smoking?
>>
>>34644326
the biggest connection between all those is that they looked oraganized and planned almost like its a piece of their own actual home. like their only bedroom itself in their parents house is what their future (dream) house would look like and not just a temporary teenage room filled with past cliques and hobbies
>>
>>34646557
How long have you been spending Saturday nights talking to other men about their genitalia while pretending to be black?
>>
>>34644418

The average American moves out right after highschool for highschool. Then once you get a job in college you move out of a dorm and into your own apartment/house. No self-respecting normie in their 20's lives with their parents. A normie only moves back to their parents' when a semester is over or they're looking for work.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy shit thanks for this thread guys, this board always makes me laugh.

Hint: It is DEFINITELY not normal for someone over 19 to be living with mommy and daddy. In fact it's pretty fucking pathetic.
>>
25, been living with the 'rents for a year and probably will be here until the end of this year. It sucks but I'm saving a lot.
>>
>>34646570
>mowing the lawn
>in February

Lolwut
>>
>>34644981

Yes that is what i tell them, and yes that is what we do. Or fuck at their parents house. 24 here, very traditional family on my moms side and dads family is dead, so basically yeah i can stay here till they die and me and my brother inherit this place.
>>
>tfw cant live at home because mom is a hoarder

Got tired of shitting in buckets.
>>
>>34646802
I just started, sub 6 inch dicklet detected
>>
>>34646621
>If I built the society then damn right I want a say in how it's run.
Huh? I didn't know you were a politician or a part of your local government? You didnt build the society. You're a part of it, that's it. That's like a capacitor saying it built the motherboard its on. Although comparing the average joe to a capacitor is a huge overestimate.
>What do a bunch greedy little shits know besides the fact I worked hard for what I have and they want the same, minus all the hard work.
Except if youre a boomer relatively speaking you didnt work hard. If anything you had the easiest average existence of anyone to-date. How does one think living in a time when you could drop out of HS and still have a job raise a family and retire isn't the good life? You have people with 8+ years of uni education still struggling to find jobs. Those memes I posted earlier dont just come out of nowhere.

> They can go fuck themselves. I'd rather everything burn down than have it stolen from me like you think is just teh bestest idea evar
I mean besides the fact that that is just pure selfishness, nothing is being "stolen" from you. If the govt wanted to stealth impose a licensing requirement to have a kid (which i wouldnt oppose, there needs to be some type of population control for humanity to move forward until resources become a non-scarcity) they could easily do it.

>Why should anyone bother with building a society if they're slaves for 40 years only to be rewarded with a chance to 'chill' the last two decades on death row?
How are you a slave as a child? Are you working in a sweatshop or something? The only "job" you have is education and socializing. 20years of play, 20 years of working and then 30 years of retirement sounds fine to me.

>SS should be removed+housing and food assistance.
I'd rather the old get cut short & stop leeching than the new not get assistance. Otherwise stop having kids if youre not financially ready for the possibility of raising a neet.
>>
>>34646857

Sub 6 inch detective? Is that you're code name? I want to be Private Parts, a new graduate, top of the class fresh out of poot camp for the gay navy.

>In character: Private Parts reporting for duty! Permission to 'cum aboard', sir?
>I'm ready to explore the murky depths of social mores, taboo, and the erotic world of forbidden love
>>
>>34644854

You do realize our parents generation and our grandparents generation could afford to;

>Study full time

>Move in to their own apartments

>Have a wife and kids

>Save for a deposit on a home

You sound retarded because you're talking about the literal current situation, in a response to a post that literally states the current situation is a downgrade of previous living standards.
>>
>>34644829

The media is spinning it as a good thing anon. That's the whole point of the article.

They don't want you to question why your standard of living is lower than that of your parents and grandparents.

In my country the example is;

>Look how they do it in South East Asia!

As if lowering ourselves to the standard of a third world country is admirable.

I'm not even defending it as a "good" thing. But it IS an indication that we are working harder and longer for less returns.
>>
>>34644962
I've got the same vice city poster
>>
>>34646891

>Politicians

>Local Government

>Building society

Not really. Business owners, even ordinary citizens, are more or equally responsible for the building of a society.
>>
>>34646891

Neither compulsory education nor compulsory socialization can be seen as play in any sense of the world. 50 years of slavery for 20 years on death row is a shitty deal. If you think it's people having kids that is the problem why not have a lottery. As they are called up to receive their bachelors degree they blindly draw from a bag. White marble they get to live, black marble they are euthanized on the spot. That's a little more fair. At that point they are just starting life so nothing is missed if they die. The elderly have already contributed, it's cruel to murder them because they already paid more than their fair share.
>>
>>34644829
>Daily reminder that "moving out at 18" is literally cultural Marxism that (((They))) pushed in the West to weaken the family structure.

You dumb fuck. It used to be common for young adults to leave their parents in the past. Our economy turned to shit because of our parents and we're paying the price. Once again, capitalism fails
>>
>>34644326
Living with parents is pretty common in my country.
The only reason to move is when you get a wife or a job in another city.

I don't get why americans are forced to move when 20.
>>
File: 1479316428796.jpg (49KB, 351x434px) Image search: [Google]
1479316428796.jpg
49KB, 351x434px
Why is /r9k/ so spooked?
Is it the /pol/ crossposters?
>>
>>34646965

The economy has never been better and life never easier. We have jobs that take 5 weeks to two years in extremely high demand starting at $50-90k the first year. Mutual funds are available to anyone in the world thanks to ETFs, even the most impoverished live in better conditions than emporers did just a few generations back.

All I'm getting from your post is 'waahh, wealth isn't as concentrated, waahh, everyone's lives are objectively better, waahh I can't enjoy life unless others have much less than me'. I'm no utilitarian but you couldn't pay me enough to go through what boomers had to deal with. The current system has its flaws but life is much better now. I have a computer in my pocket many times more powerful than one they needed multiple buildings to house. Not only do I get all the bananas I want, I can get damn near any fruit or vegetable any time of the year, just a short drive down the road. Plumbing with hot water, electricity, phone service, and more books and shows I could ever finish in multiple lifetimes. Even the best universities then didn't have access to as many journals and books as I do through Google, and I can use search algorithms to find exactly what I want. What takes me 5 seconds would take them hours to even get somewhere close. Also we have vaccines. They would have killed for the same vaccines that hippies and liberal shit heads are turning down voluntarily. The crazy part is that they're most likely going to be OK because there's still a good degree of herd immunity protecting them.
>>
>>34646519
>worked in trade for 5 years, saved up for college, have more than enough money and am now living the life in a studio under my parents and going to college, playing games all day, and meeting ladies
>>
>>34647054
Of course the education system will have to go under some reform but to not call your first 20 years of school "play" you're either chinese or lying. In a "normal" household the only responsiblity you have for the first 20~ years of your life is school. Learning about things in our known universe and socializing with other beings of said universe.

> If you think it's people having kids that is the problem why not have a lottery. As they are called up to receive their bachelors degree they blindly draw from a bag. White marble they get to live, black marble they are euthanized on the spot.

Because that makes no sense. They still have a huge portion of their lives to potentially live through. 2 decades of work AND 3 decades of chilling retirement. For population control you either bottle neck the beginning or you cut open the end.

>The elderly have already contributed,
Okay? They've contributed. They've lived. Now bye.

>it's cruel to murder them because they already paid more than their fair share.
This only works under the unassumption that
a)death is a bad thing that can be stopped in the first place
b)living techinically more or less half your life chilling is a bad thing
c)Anyone is owed anything to begin with
>>
File: 1426653975-based-chairman.jpg (157KB, 494x546px) Image search: [Google]
1426653975-based-chairman.jpg
157KB, 494x546px
>>34644962
>that miia poster
>>
>>34646965
>You do realize our parents generation and our grandparents generation could afford to;
>>Study full time
>>Move in to their own apartments
Mine couldn't
>>
>>34647099

In generations past you didn't move out until you were married. Age had nothing to do it with it. I have relatives still alive that got married as young as 14. The women moved out early, but the men would stay home until they got a wife. There is no need for your own place until you need the space to pop out 7 or 8 kids. What did you do after moving out? The exact same thing except in a different place? I understand if you had to relocate, it unreasonable to expect your parents to uproot and travel 5 states away. If your job is within 45 minutes you're just being a reckless shit head if you move out while unmarried.
>>
>>34647362

>noone is owed anything lol
>now spend a majority of your life giving us what is owed so we can kill you already lol

If death is so great why not just detonate a nuke big enough to kill everyone on the planet? It's not like in can be avoided right? Let's just go ahead and rip the bandaid off.
>>
>>34647306

>The economy has never been better and life never easier.

Productivity is higher and wages lower than they have been in 50 years anon.

>50-90k

Is the bare minimum to get by where I live where rents are about 500 per week for 1 bedroom apartments and median house prices are 1.5 million.

>Even the most impoverished live in better conditions than emperors did just a few generations back

This is garbage nonsense of the highest order.

Also, most people from the working and middle classes live in conditions worse than their parents and grandparents, so it's irrelevant.

>All I'm getting from your post is 'waahh, wealth isn't as concentrated, waahh, everyone's lives are objectively better, waahh I can't enjoy life unless others have much less than me'

Maybe you're illiterate then.

I've stated in clear and plain english the simple facts that people are working longer hours for less pay, and have less purchasing power than their parents and grandparents did.

It's not a debate. It's just a fact.

>Couldn't pay me enough to go through what boomers had to deal with

What did boomers have to deal with that you won't have to deal with, with less stability and less economic prosperity?

>I can get damn near any fruit or vegetable at any time of the year, just a short drive down the road

So could my parents. A short drive down the road in their car purchased in cash, from their house that cost 80k to build in 1980 that is now valued at nearly 2 million.

>Plumbing with hot water, electricity, phone service, and more books and shows than I could ever finish in multiple lifetimes

You should maybe pick up one of those books. You'll realize something crazy - TV's, books, plumbing, electricity all existed and were standard in the 1960's -1980's.

You're completely disconnected from reality.
>>
I honestly don't know how you NEETs can live at home with your parents. And it's not even about the money or the "muh social responsibility." I visit my parents maybe once a month and the rest of the time I live alone in my apartment 110 miles away. By the end of the weekend at my parents' place I'm fucking raring to leave. I get so sick of having my folks always dropping into my room or talking to me or fucking with my things. I can't even go downstairs to the fridge without one of them stopping me to engage me in some retarded conversation. How the fuck do you deal with that every day of your life? I would lose my mind if I didn't have an apartment I could just be alone and enjoy my solitude in.
>>
>>34647362

>In a "normal" household the only responsiblity you have for the first 20~ years of your life is school.

>ywn be American and live a fantasy movie life

Feels fucking bad man.
>>
>>34647401

Sorry you grew up in Peru anon.

(I will try and keep in mind that we have none Westerners posting on these boards from time to time)
>>
>>34644418
Yes goy, hook yourself with a high mortgage payment at a very reasonable interest rate when young! There's no way this can end wrongly!
>>
>>34646755
>child is getting old enough to not need any money for schooling (if not in college), toys, useless crap, diapers and prob sits at his pc all day
>ASK HIM FOR RENT OR KICK HIM OUT

american logic
>>
>>34647490

I'd love to live with my parents and extended family and have one of those ethnic type lifestyles and upbringings. Life would be happier and better. As it is I try my best to see them once a fortnight, but even they get sick of me visiting. My wife's family are much more friendly and welcoming, which is good.

But I envy my Wog and Azn friends who have a wide support network - but socially, emotionally and financially (and just practically - They always have a car to borrow if theirs is in the shop, they always have a cousin nearby whose house they can crash at if they're fumigating, they always have some family around to help with a move etc etc).

Especially as a kid it was envious. Me and my white friends were out working 15 hours a week from the age of 14 getting zero support from our parents, while our Azn counterparts were spending all their time focused on studying and relaxing, with their parents hiring them tutors etc.

They bought them cars if they managed to get into the Uni courses they were gunning for, let them live at home while they were studying AND working, so they could buy apartments and rent them out and reel in the cash to set themselves and THEIR kids up for better lives.

It's how I'd run a family if I have kids. Or try to.
>>
>>34644981
Literally never seen a better representation of what the most hardcore normie looks like until I saw this post.

The way you typed it, the words you used, your demeanor... everything is concentrated normieism. Get out and dont come back.
>>
>>34647535

Do what people here either do or are forced to do;

Buy a share apartment.

I have one set of friends (four of them) who bought a house. Three live there, one of them just rents his room out. When it's paid off they'll sell it and have enough to probably cover half of an apartment.
>>
>>34647460
Because I'm trying to find comprimise with fucking natalists and "HAHA live is fucking MAGICALLY AWESOME GUISE" people.

If it was up to me fuck yeah, nuke humanity. Life was never meant to get to human consciousness levels. It just makes you aware that life is the seeking of pleasure to stave off pain/discomfort. You think an animal cares its an animal? It might growl and attack when hungry or frightened but it doesnt ponder why it has 4 legs, or why it looks the way it does.
>>
>>34646162
You're right. Income tax in the UK starts at 20% from just over 11k
>>
>>34646755

My parents are from a generation where you could move out at 16 and live comfortably.

They didn't really think it through.

Now they keep forcing money on me essentially to make up for it.

My mum wants to cover my rent and expenses so I can go back and study and get a better job, since she notices me and my sister and her friends children are so far behind the Chinese and Indian people our age she works with.

I feel bad sometimes, because I sort of accepted I would just retire by killing myself, but now she's trying to so hard to make up for it that I feel obligated to put in the effort to be a normie.
>>
>>34644326
>all liberal millenial college normies
>>
>>34644981
its your dads house you cuck. or were you raised by a single mom?
>>
>>34644981
but i will own a house before you do because i actually get to save my money instead of giving it all away in rent
>>
>>34647519
Actually from Australia though. Both of my parents could only afford to study part time and my grandparents didn't own a car till the 80s.
>>
>>34647483

Productivity is higher because jobs are so fucking easy now. There's still skill involved of course but whether it's digging a ditch, machining a doohickey, or putting in a heart stent it's not nearly as arduous.

50-90k is damn nice living in my part of the country. You could always move if that's an issue. Fortunately 5 weeks isn't very long to be in paid training, you could always go for 4 years and become a doctor. The paid training is only about 50k but after your 3 or 4 years you could work up to an average 200-400k depending on specialty.

My 1br apartment is $800 and three blocks from work, and in midtown where everything is happening. 700k pop. is an ideal city size unless you want to live a sex and the city fantasy.

Its indisputable that poor first worlders live better than most kings did so I won't address this further.

People are not working longer hours, capitalism brought the 8 hours workday about and socialism brought multiple layers of safety nets. You can't fail even if you tried in today's world,unless you dedicate your life to fucking up and intentionally circumvent the protections.

War is one big thing the boomers had. Since nukes brought about world peace I'm safe from drafts, trenches, and enemy invasion in my country. Disease is also a big one. If I don't feel like getting the flu this year I stop by the employee health nurse for a free shot that takes all of two minutes, including paperwork.

Unless you're older than me your parents weren't boomers so that's irrelevant. Talk to boomers and they'll have some fun stories about food.

Life was shitty before boomers, and it was shitty before our generation. This is all relative. We're on an upward trajectory. Things have never been better.
>>
>>34647626

How's this for compromise: the free market will fix it. It doesn't matter how many kids a person has or how old they get if they can afford it.
>>
>>34647961
>the free market will fix it
How will it fix the people either too incompetent or not financially ready to have kids to have kids? If the existence of some of these anons prove anything it's that some people shouldnt have children until they're ready.

>It doesn't matter how many kids a person has or how old they get if they can afford it.
True. But then that completely excludes the people who can't and the people who can barely. And you can't do that when the money you're making is from the people you share society with.
>>
>>34646812
>No self-respecting normie in their 20's lives with their parents

This isn't true anymore, I'd say half the class I graduated with still live with their parents
>>
Problem is bringing people home. At 22 my home still looks too much like my childhood room. King single bed, all my vidya and figurines displayed prominently around the room. Computer in the corner of my room with my massive desk.

On top of that I don't clean up anymore because what's the point? It always goes back the way it was in a few days.
>>
>>34648135

So you can't spend money you make yourself, but you think it's OK to kill people? I'd think spending your money as you see fit is less controversial. People can make as much money as they want. What's the issue?
>>
>>34648350

You can decorate it however you want. My room is just books, a bar, and a few personal things like pewter figurines I collected as a child and a couple art pieces I picked up for the wall. If people are going in your room messing it up just threaten to kick their ass. I have autism so I notice if something is even a mm out of place in mine. It sounds like you don't notice until the place is trashed. A man's room is sacred and must be treated as such.
>>
File: room.jpg (63KB, 1301x485px) Image search: [Google]
room.jpg
63KB, 1301x485px
Meh. I'll move out when I want to. Being able to save money is nice.
>>
>>34644981

>bringing girls to your house

you go to theirs you fucking amateur. then you can leave on your terms
>>
File: 1447435815093.jpg (1MB, 1280x1299px) Image search: [Google]
1447435815093.jpg
1MB, 1280x1299px
>>34644326
>thinking I can afford to move out in a place that has the most unaffordable housing in the world relative to income
>>
>>34648541
>So you can't spend money you make yourself, but you think it's OK to kill people?
Technically you didnt make it yourself. Other people gave it to you and then you'll inevitably give it to other people. Money isnt real in the first place. I said unless you can supply a low/no- scarcity resource pool(globally). Which would only happen in the case of creating a super-grain. mass renewable energy, and the killing of the "poor person thinking wearing gucci means anything" meme

>I'd think spending your money as you see fit is less controversial.
When did I say you can't spend the money you have for your working/retirement decades?
>>
>>34648677
That's a pretty nice room, friend
>>
>>34649157
You're a chinaman?
>>
>>34649384
Yeah. I know we're not welcome here (evident from the numerous "nuke china" etc. type posts that you see here) so it's good that many boards still don't have flags.
>>
Honestly, I feel so mixed about this. I guess it's because my parent abandoned me at 14 and I was on my own since then and I'm in my mid-20s now. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone to not have to pay rent from the literal second they had income, whether they're 16, 14, 22. Whatever age. Rent, toiletries, these people sound like they have free rides and yellow brick roads paved for them by parents who lead them to perfect lives. I guess this just means they have parents who don't ever resent them and actually love and want them...
>>
>>34644326
>https://www.vice.
no
>>
>>34649558
I'm sorry you had to exist through that. In my world you wouldnt have had to.
>>
>>34644981
>implying I am a pussy slave
>>
>>34649558
>I guess this just means they have parents who don't ever resent them and actually love and want them...
If it makes you feel any better, there are often times where neither of these things are true, but the family sticks together for pragmatic or social pressure reasons.

>>34649595
He would in my world (^:
>>
File: cg_47-detail.jpg (492KB, 2800x1552px) Image search: [Google]
cg_47-detail.jpg
492KB, 2800x1552px
>>34644418
I joined the Navy at 20, got out three years ago to go to college, only been home for a month at a time since. My parents keep saying if need be I can move back in, but I live in California and am probably going to move to a cheaper state when I end college.
>>
File: 1485485866981.jpg (11KB, 249x238px) Image search: [Google]
1485485866981.jpg
11KB, 249x238px
>>34644493

> I'm starting to think there is something to those /pol/ conspiracy theories about Jewish media trying to make us more accepting of diminishing living standards.

They're right about this one. The MSM (and the powerful people who own it) does want you to believe that plumetting standards of living in the west are good for you and also unavoidable. They make insane profits off of globalism.

> just compete with slave labor, it will save you money at the store! (it won't, if you think the savings are being passed on to you you clearly aren't looking at the CPI data or the massive profits of multinationals)
> live in a tiny house or an appartment!
> take on tons of debt!
> pay to support unending waves of immigrants! (aka your replacement)

Read up on the Kalergi plan for a true redpilling.
>>
>>34649063
They don't ever invite me over so

gg no re
>>
>>34646819
>falling for the "normal" spook
>caring about social approval

Being a manchild is objectively the comfiest way to live. Pride is a meme, so are social standards. Live the comfy life in the comfort of your childhood bedroom or venture out into the world and share an apartment with degenerate junkies to make ends meet because "muh adulthood."
>>
File: 1380201680695.jpg (789KB, 1453x1454px) Image search: [Google]
1380201680695.jpg
789KB, 1453x1454px
>>34644326
>28 year old kv and live with parents
>Make 80k a year running some warehouse on a military base

I thought about moving out but my parents are the only social interaction I have besides work. If I moved out I would just come home to dead sterile house every day and I would probably kill myself. I have nothing to gain by moving out aside from complete isolation.
>>
>>34644326
>>>vice

vice fucking sucks
is the best the goddamn establishment can do, is fucking vice and podcasts full of ex-goons snarking fatly about "liberals"

jesus christ no wonder trump won
>>
>tfw my room is just a sleeping bag and a bookshelf

>>34644418
Not really. It was the norm for a pretty small period of history that is now over
>>
>>34650125
vice is a canadian company you moron
>>
File: tumblr_o48vz37IPr1v0pigno1_1280.png (257KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o48vz37IPr1v0pigno1_1280.png
257KB, 600x579px
>>34644326
>24 years old
>autistic, never had a friend or socialized beyond making occasional eye contact
>never had a job
>mostly nocturnal
>spend all day playing video games and watching anime
>wear sweatpants and a hoodie for months at a time
>talk to myself in fits of gleeful twitching in between shitposting sessions
>repeat this process day after day after day

Ambition doesn't make sense. Why choose the hard path? Because you've been spooked? I'm a fat, ugly, pale neckbeard and I enjoy every second of it. Going outside makes me want to neck myself. Who gives a fuck about 3D women anyways?
>>
>>34650125
>is he died?
Or was that a massive stroke
>>
>>34649721
>He would in my world (^:
Pardon my autism but I'm assuming you meant he'd have to suffer through what he did in your world as opposed to having never went through it in mine?
>>
>>34644326
Mine's definitely super depressing.
>>
>>34646663
>farm likes from orbiters while VICE farms clicks
holy fuck everything makes sense now
>>
>>34644418
I mean... most people either get full time work or move away to uni by twenty at the latest, so yeah, most people will move out by then
>>
>>34650415
Wtf do you think Opie is doing. Farming (you)s and hateclicks.
>>
I live at home and have a quarter of a million dollars saved.
>>
>>34647535
it can only end poorly if you are poor. what the fuck is wrong with you? there are very few reasons that somebody would want to live with their parents as an adult, and if you're not living how you want you are human trash.
>>
If I moved out right now, I would live paycheck to paycheck and could only have about $30 in spending money..monthly.

Fuck that.
I'm not trying to prove shit to anyone. I'm staying at home until I get a good job.
>>
>>34649759
You got sauce on them Ticonderoga nudes?
>>
>>34650214
The faggot to whom you are replying appears to be an ESL lowlife, therefore they are not worth a response. Don't worry about it, anon.
>>
>>34650631
http://www.gearpm.com/cutaway-models/ships-submarines/ticonderoga-class-aegis-guided-missile-cruiser-cg-47-cutaway-model.html
>>
It DISGUST me seeing anyone above the age of 19 still living at home. For fuck sakes, you're honestly a high leveled millennial if you're still living off of your parents after age 19. You're ruining the lives of your parents and younger siblings if you're still living at home for that long.
>>
>>34650082
>talks about the normal spook
>falls for the degenerate spook
>>
>>34650714
Dont have kids if youre not ready to support a neet. They didn't ask to be born, it was your own selfish desire.
>>
>>34645061
Yeah it's impossible, when I lost my virginity I took a girl back to my house and fucked her and had to pause every few seconds because she would be moaning too loud. I even cupped her mouth but it was still to loud. I came so fast anyway so it was literally the shittiest sex ever, it was safe to say she never wanted to see me again lol.

Also I lost out on fucking a milf because she found out I still lived with my parents at 21 (She was 33 recently divorced)

Pretty much try to go to their house nowadays but it never happens, haven't had sex since that day.
>>
What about kids who demand money from their parents like it's their right, even if they have a job? Usually they don't pay rent, they just seem to feel entitled to a handout because they were produced by the person they're asking for the cash from.
>>
>>34650763
they're not entitled, they just take the money because they can, parents are normies anyway
>>
>>34650781
Because they can? Only if they're good at guilting and manipulating, sure.
>>
>>34650744
Lol wot. You're kinda right. Don't have children if you're not ready to support a neet child... The thing is tho that anyone above 18 is not a child... They're adults. But since most 18 year olds are still in highschool, there's no reason a parent should stop supporting them. And since 19 is still a teenager, and maybe still in HS or transitioning to college, there's no reason a parent should stop. But once you're fucking 20, you've had 2 entire fucking years of legal adult status and should grow the fuck up.
>>
>>34650714

>You're ruining the lives of your parents and younger siblings if you're still living at home for that long

I'm not sure how that's the case. I live at home and have been my parents financial adviser for almost ten years - I've helped them double their retirement savings in that time. I also work and pay more than half of the household bills. My younger siblings moved out years ago.
>>
>>34650807
If you're paying more than the household bills, then you aren't living under their roof, they're living under your roof. It isn't rocket science you fucking nigger
>>
>>34650825

They own the home though and have for years.
>>
File: 1344925944473.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1344925944473.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>34650601
This. It honestly baffles me that people expect others to move out and have virtually ZERO financial stability in order to gain the illusion of independence. You're not independent, you're precariously balancing above crushing debt and dependent on your boss not to leverage the at-will clause in your contract to fire you next week.

Unless you're guaranteed a high, stable salary for the next five years minimum there's just no point. Why move out when the rug can be pulled out from under you any day? I'd rather save my money until I can be in that situation. The funny thing is, what we're doing is completely the norm in tons of other countries. It seems like it's only in America where families sticking together and supporting one another is some kind of embarrassing taboo.
>>
>>34650838
Move the fuck out. You paying for over most of the bills is good and all, but Jesus Christ move out.
>>
>>34644418
I live in a shit state so it'll be mid to late twenties
>>
>>34650862

Why? All of my stuff is here and I like it. It's plenty big enough.
>>
>>34650856
>Think that because other countries do it that makes it okay

There's a reason the US isn't successfully cucked by towel heads
>>
>>34650882
All of your stuff is there because you keep it there. It won't ever leave there unless you move out like an adult. Nothing sadder than a grown man who doesn't wanna move out of mummy and daddys house
>>
>>34650895
Are you trying to imply that the reason the US is successful is because families don't support other family members? Weird, but okay.
>>
>>34650942
The only sadder thing is people trying to give other people life advice on the Life Problems Club of an anime forum desu.
>>
>>34650158
don't you "well actually" me, you bearded fuck
>>
>>34650988
Telling a grown ass adult to move out of their parents home is more of a common sense thing than life advice.
>>
File: 1483929002940.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483929002940.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>34644326
I live with my parents because it's too fucking expensive to get a house or even an apartment

fucking housing bubble, any home within 1 hour of my job, and doesn't look like a crack den reject is over a million dollars
>>
>>34650942

I've had my own place. I had a nice loft apartment for over a year and a half. I didn't care for it much. It was boring and lonely. And I can think of plenty of sadder things than adults living at home. For example, adults approaching 30 with less than $100,000 in savings.
>>
>>34651022
>still posting on /r9k/
Sad desu
>>
>>34650806
>anyone above 18 is not a child
You're the child of your parents for your entire life
>But once you're fucking 20, you've had 2 entire fucking years of legal adult status and should grow the fuck up.
This concept didnt make practical sense when humans were first starting and it still doesnt in a world where the meme that is money exists.

You're projecting the extremely recent "Johnny/Daisy moved from a small town to the big city' meme.

This is the reason, I'm an anti-natalist, anti-circumcision, pro-choice. You are not just making a mini you. You're creating an entirely new individual. If you can't fully grasp, understand, and support what that means you shouldnt be allowed to have a kid in the first place.
>>
>>34651049
I don't think it matters if a 30 year old doesn't have 100k in the bank. I mean a decent adult would be paying for rent, so raising 100k might not be a go, but since you're a fag neet who still sucks milk from your mum's teet, I assume it would be easy raising 100k in 10 years, even if you work an entry leveled job. The "I get lonely at my apartment" meme is old. Get some fucking hobbies. Get some fucking friends. Get a fish. I don't know. It must suck being a boring person AND a grown ass adult living at home at the same time.
>>
>>34647401
My Boomer mother lived at home through college. My father moved in and out of his home through college.

Most people did not work full time and pay rent and go to school like it was easy. Think about it too, everything they had to do was analog. If they wanted to register for classes, they had to schedule time in the day to drive to the school to the school and register. Doing more things analog meant they had to spend time, money, and gas (everyone drove) to do trivial tasks. Today you can pick and pay for classes in 10 minutes on your phone and do online banking.
>>
>>34651070
Being the child of your parents only means shit for the first 18 years. And of course the concept didn't make sense when humans started out, because we've fucking evolved past our hunter gatherer family tribal shit. We aren't fucking niggers chucking spears at gazelle. We don't live as a family tribe. We've evolved enough to where we can work for ourselves and earn for ourselves and it's been like that for thousands of years. Of course once you have a child, you're creating an entirely new individual. It doesn't mean you have to fucking provide for it forever. If it were the case, then you'd be living in your great great great great X10000000 grandfather's house with your millions of cousins. What's not to understand that at a certain point, a person becomes an indipendant from their parent?
>>
>>34651049
>having $100k in savings by 30

Even if I put aside $1000 a month purely for savings, It would still take me about 8 fucking years to have 100k saved up.

My parents also never had anywhere near 100k saved up at any point in my life, yet they still raised 3 of us and put us through college.

You're full of shit.
>>
>>34645061
No I tell them

>Let's go back to my apartment that I can only afford with three other weird roommates. It is tiny and smells slight funny because four dudes are living there. We can fuck on my IKEA bed.

Just go fuck at the bitches place or fuck in your car or fuck in public
>>
>>34645239
>I don't owe my parents DICK.
>breaking down a complex relationship like a parent-child relationships into a simple cost vs benefits analysis

Edgy opinion anon. Try having some emotion and seeing the bigger picture.
>>
>>34651092
>this entire post trying to justify not having money by the time they're 30
Ouch, he's right. That IS sad. I officially rescind my earlier position.
>>
>>34645239
this is how i feel 100% and i was kicked out of home at 18. neet it up dude, dont let normies tell u nothing

on bux though because i was jumping in and out of shelters though so its ok
>>
>>34644981
I'm nearly 22, live in Australia, dropped out of high school, and never had a job.
>>
>>34645401
>12k
>investing
>"I made it on my own by being independent look at me"
>implying someone living at home couldn't invest with an online brokerage too
>not using the money saved spent on rent to invest even more

It's like you are trying to be poor.
>>
>>34644418
I'm 23 and live with my parents.
I have a job so I get to save nearly everything I earn and I do this to outright buy an apartment sometime in future because fuck paying rent. I have never achieved anything grand so it kind of is like goal to me to own a place.
Then I can do whatever I want with it, maybe sell it at higher price in future maybe rent it out and use that poor fuckers rent to pay to buy another apartment.
>>
>>34649759
Just enlisted myself. Lmao parents go from "move the fuck out" to "come back home" jokes on them I'm cutting contact
Piece of shits
>>
>>34651149
>Being the child of your parents only means shit for the first 18 years.
Says you. Wow 18 years, so 13 years of compulsory schooling on things that have almost nothing to do with being a functioning member of society (taxes, job hunting, etc) is enough to just push em out the nest, huh? We've "evolved" past strong family bonds but we've somehow degenerated into having the same values as birds.

>Of course once you have a child, you're creating an entirely new individual. It doesn't mean you have to fucking provide for it forever.

That is just delusionally selfish. "Haha, you didn't have a say in having to experience conscious existence but too bad I wanted to raise child potentially poorly XDDD"

> If it were the case, then you'd be living in your great great great great X10000000 grandfather's house with your millions of cousins. What's not to understand that at a certain point, a person becomes an indipendant from their parent?
Nice extreme there. Of course there's a limit for non-literal autist children. That limit until relatively recent has been until marriage. Although it was always a choice to move out when ready.

And these people in the article have jobs or are going to school. There's no practical reason for them to live on their own. I think it would benefit your psyche if you stopped internalizing and projecting tard-tier normie memes that are on the same level as coffee and diamond rings.
>>
>>34651219
>Because not having money is the same as not having 100k

Do you know how much 100k fucking is? I doubt you do, but just because you don't have 100k doesn't mean you don't have money. You probably don't know what 100k is since you've lived off of your mother's tit all your life
>>
>>34644382
who makes these images? god damn
>>
>female
>not depressed

Stop the fucking presses
>>
>>34651313
My folks are more subtle than that. Expect it from your mother, what matters comes from your father. My dad knows I'm leaving California, but I'm not telling my mother until the I'm just a couple months out from doing so.
>>
File: 1477695345357s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1477695345357s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>I live with parents and grandma
>I work and help to pay the expenses
>The women I have been with also lived with their parents
>Living with parents in your mid-twenties is the norm where I live
>Also I live in a country where the family unit is still strong unlike the one in the west
>>
>>34650895
>56%
BROWN'D
>>
>>34644449

In socialist countries in europe.

I was tossed out at 21. I'm now 27 and never worked a real job just internships and forced courses and work trials from the unemployment agency.

Basically your parents will throw you out to be taken care of by the state instead.
>>
>>34644493

But this used to be the norm. back in the day you would inherit the family house and take care of your parents when they are old and they would still live in the house. you would just move in the master bedroom instead.

I wouldn't say this modern breaking up the family unit has brought much quality of life or happiness to anyone.
>>
I would live at home but

>no privacy, IE can't walk around naked and jerk off wherever I feel like
>don't have to share internet, plus house has shitty internet
>do everything the way i want
>>
>>34652081

Millenials in a nutshell

>me
>me
>me
>me
>the way ( I ) want.
>me
>>
>>34651952
I would disagree. I neither want my childhood home or want to live with my parents.
>>
>>34652124

No solution fits everyone a 100%. I'm sure there are happy families where the kids would love to live with their parents and then there are broken shitty families where you want to cut ties with your narcissistic parents as soon as possible.

But judging from the amount of people like me living alone in concrete boxes wondering if suicide might even be a good option. this current solution is not perfect either.
>>
File: large_family5.jpg (92KB, 477x333px) Image search: [Google]
large_family5.jpg
92KB, 477x333px
>>34644326
>20-Somethings Still Living with Their Parents
>Still Living with Their Parents
>Still

Holy fucking shit I hate this performance/career/money-oriented western society so goddamn much!!! Why can't we have traditional big families living in big houses supporting each other? This makes me so mad REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
>>
>>34651952

>I wouldn't say this modern breaking up the family unit has brought much quality of life or happiness to anyone.

Agreed, I'm living in an apartment with my mom and sister in nyc and its so hard to find family style shit. Landlords are realizing they can charge more if they section off a part of what should have been the living room to make a small bedroom and shit like that. Unless youre the type of person who wants to live in a tiny-house like me you might not enjoy the living arrangments these type of memes create.
>>
>>34646407
What the fuck.. did you just admit to having a gf? On r9k?
RRREEEEEEE!! Grab him, robots! Grab him and drive this disgusting normie filth out! OUT OUT OUT RRREEEE
>>
>>34652187
This. But it works out for rich corporations doesn't it? After all why allow foolish 20 year olds to save money and gain wisdom by staying with their parents when you can shame them into leaving the house, getting credit cards and wasting money doing whatever dumb shit trying to be an adult.
>>
>>34646014
Fucking Greece, no wonder things are so bad here
>30+ year old kissless virgin wageslave living with parents

>>34646162
The taxes here are sky high, my (admittedly) measly income is going to taxes
But honesty taxes isn't even the biggest problem here
Our society is deeply fucked up in the head and not in the way the other european countries are fucked up
Our problems go much more deeply

With our lousy birth rate though the problem is going to sort itself out, in 25 years we probably won't even exist and all our politician think is too put more taxes to keep certain pensions high and keep their sky high salaries while they don't give a fuck about creating jobs, the unemployment or the fact that we will not exist in a few years thanks to the lousy birth rate
>>
>>34646407
You're an idiot. Trust me there's a huge huge chance she'll leave you in 2 years or less.
>>
>>34652187
Yeah, the moving-out-at-20 meme is cancer. I lived with my parents till I was 25 and only moved out once I had saved up enough money as a buffer so that if shit went south, it wouldn't financially ruin me. Worked out great, I'm financially stable and my relationship with my parents has never been better. This expectation for people to become completely independent as soon as possible is ridiculous and serves no-one but the rich.
>>
>>34652300
Well in the thing is high taxes are fine if you get civic and personal returns for them. Like those northern countries with the less than 5% have relatively high taxes but the people get shit like UBI for teens, guaranteed jobs.

Basically wherever youre from the saying "Tax is theft" is actually true.
>>
>>34651247
If it's of any comfort just know completing highschool wouldn't of made much difference.
>>
>>34652542
Yep, I probably wouldn't have gotten a job yet.

I dropped in grade 11, but I wasn't going to uni or anything.
>>
>>34652768
Uni is a waste of time and money if you want a job. Best bet is to fall for the trades meme.
>>
File: 1482041847750.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1482041847750.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>34644326
>vice
Yes, goy, independence is your enemy, you don't need self-reliance.
>>
>>34652820
Why exactly would "the jews" be against someone moving out and becoming part of the machine? This fucking meme
>>
Do people seriously feel inclined to walk around naked? Fucking savagery.
>>
>>34652352
>guaranteed jobs
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
You wish!
>>
>>34644418
I'm in my 40s. Kek.
>>
>>34644326
Why is being a 20-something and still living with parents not normal? Your brain isn't fully developed until 25, that's the age you can be said to be adult.
>>
>>34646189
Sounds comfy
Best of luck
>>
living with your family > living with roommates
>>
>>34644326
>Whatever the reason, it's not as taboo as it used to be to stay home in your 20s, and no one is really making fun of anyone for doing it
stopped reading there, fucking spin article like most people are not condescending douchebags toward people that are economically disadvantaged and have little options on where else to live
>>
>>34644432
It's more than just comfort, most people wouldn't even be able to groom or have access to communication technology to get or maintain having a job. nobody is going to hire someone that looks like a bum off the street and employ them regularly like somebody that has housing to go back to
>>
File: italians.png (396KB, 746x588px) Image search: [Google]
italians.png
396KB, 746x588px
>>34644981
>mfw I live at home with my parents with my gf
>i'm 23
>>
Why are there so many butthurt normies in this thread? Did you all get kicked out at 18 or something?
>>
File: 1455659439474.jpg (35KB, 627x470px) Image search: [Google]
1455659439474.jpg
35KB, 627x470px
>>34644382
>if I was raised right I'd be something, it's your fault!
>but if we were raised right you would have been raised right, it's certainly not my fault, don't you see...? :)

it is your fault you're a neet failure
>>
I live with my dad and my dad alone. We split the rent and he pays for the internet, gas and electricity. I pay for foxtel, the groceries and my car. I would only move out if I were to go to another city or state, there is literally no net benefit for me to move 15 minutes away from him and need an extra $300 a week to live
>>
>>34645326
>try my hardest to be normal

>watches anime with girl in fetish outfit blushing with tears in her eyes as self-insert male character autistically puts his hand on her cheek
>saves the picture on his computer

Nice trying there m8
>>
File: 1476582713267.jpg (122KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
1476582713267.jpg
122KB, 600x736px
>>34645314
>That's how you guys ended up here, your parents have no idea how to raise a child.

So you're saying it's our parents faults?

Yes, that's right, I ain't responsible for this. I didn't ask to be force to leech freely from them, I'm innocent. I swear.

> Currently in my 30's and still living with my mum btw
>>
You people are fucking pathetic. I'm 26, live 3000 miles away from my family in one of the most expensive cities in the country, and am completely financially independent. Just because you neets are too autistic to get a job doesn't mean that it's impossible for young people to live on their own "in this day and age." Your bullshit apologist attitudes only serve to keep you stuck in your current garbage lifestyle. Have some fucking accountability.
>>
>>34645326
Brian Fuller?
>>
Fug man I feel like the real estate Jew is trying to get me into an apartment
>>
>>34656846
They'd be trying to get you into a house, baka.
>>
>>34656882
Jewed by landlord or jewed by the bank

Makes no difference
>>
>>34656912

Except when shit goes through its normal wear-and tear a normal Super will come to fix it, free of charge. (once had mine unclog my bathtub) And depending where you live State Farm's renter's insurance is insanely cheap.

When you get a house every single thing that goes wrong is on you. A house isn't a good investment unless you know with 100% certainty you're not moving for atleast 10-15 years. At least with an apartment if you want a change in scenery/life or your career wants to transfer you you can just up and leave.
>>
File: comfycorner.jpg (264KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
comfycorner.jpg
264KB, 960x1280px
my dad moved out of the house ironically. Now I just live here and pay him some rent, he's looking for other people to live in his old bedroom but he hasn't found anyone yet
>>
>29 years old
>skilled trade
>drive new german sport sedan
>ride new italian motorcycle
>own 2,700 sq foot house in neighborhood in good school district
>go on 3 vacations a year
>numerous expensive hobbies
>single $10,000 student loan paid off
>no debt

But hey at least you get to go sit in a cubicle and do sales reports.
>>
>>34644326
I won't be moving out until I'm 25.
At least I can now guide my future kids about how to not become failures.
>>
File: laugh out loud.jpg (45KB, 557x534px) Image search: [Google]
laugh out loud.jpg
45KB, 557x534px
>>34657290
lol, was that supposed to be impressive
>>
>Live at home with no debt
>Or, move out to impress nerds on /r9k/
Wew lads
>>
>>34644418
Only if college is far away. Moving out for any other reason is objectively fucking retarded and a waste of money.
>>
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/01/28/us-eu-neet-population/

HOLY FUCK there are more female NEETS then male? Fembots do exist
>>
>>34644981
FUCK OFF NORMlE
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34644418
I moved into my own Apartment at 19
>>
>tfw spic living in a country completely ruined by previous generations
>taxes on salaries are absolutely ridiculous and make it almost impossible to be successful at a young age
>family didnt even bother paying for a decent education which is literally the only way of getting a good job in this shithole
>these fuckers have the gall to blame me for not having a good job and moving out, even though none of them have "made it"in any way whatsoever

must be nice to have the highground in pretty much every situation just because youre old
>>
>>34645342
>tfw spic
My 43 years uncle still lives with my grandma
>>
File: 200[1].gif (1MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200[1].gif
1MB, 356x200px
>live in eastern europe shithole
>shit wages but it doesn't even matter
>with a good payment I would still be left with at least 50-60% of my money gone
>I wouldn't own the place
>I live at home and I'm 26
>on really good terms with parents
>could put money aside so I can start my own business
>I can finally start what I dreamed of and love

Works for me.
>>
>>34658373
>I wouldn't own the place
I'll never understand this meme

(You) dont even own your own life. You're literally here on rental.
>>
>>34644418
If you didn't move out at 7 you may as well kill yourself
>>
>>34655423

Sounds like somebody misses his mom & dad
>>
File: bait.jpg (368KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
368KB, 3000x3000px
>>34644981
Holy shit, my man.
>>
>>34644326
I moved out at 22, moved back at like 25/26.
30 in a few days, still with the parents.
>>
I don't know if I'm having some sorta manic phase induced by insomnia and no sleep, but this thread goddamn hilarious.

Loving the energy, lads
>>
>>34644418
>moved out for college at 18
>dropped out and moved in with a friend at 19
>moved back in with parents at 20
>moved back out at 20 and living with roommates since
>now 22

Shit ain't easy or fun.
>>
>>34651326
I agree with most of what you're saying, so I'm curious if you want to have kids at all.
>>
File: 1477980813536.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477980813536.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>all these people ITT who are butthurt as fuck because they fell for Schlomo's apartment scheme

Meanwhile, I'm making $40k and living with my parents, paying off my college loans and also saving up to buy a house in full. Where did that money you paid for your apartment go? Oh, it went straight into Dr. Goldstein's pocket! Such a great idea to move out as soon as you could, wasn't it!
>>
>>34651401
Some are commissions that anons pay to get made.
>>
File: 3475437.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3475437.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>34659689
>claims people fell for apartment scheme
>wants to buy a house

You are getting screwed way harder bro.
>>
>>34659725
Yeah, a house's value might depreciate, but it also could appreciate. Even if it does depreciate, I can sell it and get a percentage of my money back.

You get NONE of that rental money back. How can a house owner, ever, ever "get screwed harder" than a rental cuck?
>>
>>34659689
Dr. Goldstein gets more out of you being a home owner.
>>
>>34645719
I absolutely despise it
wanted to move out when I could legally own a place(18), save up and travel for a bit, but my dad got fired and doesn't want to work, oldest brother moved out at that time because he got married (don't know how he looked at himself in the mirror) other brother and sister are a normie-neet mix (never held a job for more than 2 months and lives day by day by "borrowing" money) and one youngest one simply can't function in society alone.

After my dad dies I'm just gonna pack my stuff, take my lil bro and leave.
>>
>>34644981
italian here reporting in , 26 moving out next week, better late than never ;)
>>
>>34659765
How? I own my appliances and can sell them. I own my home and can sell it.

Meanwhile, the money you pay for rent will never come back to you. Please try to post some reasoning for your argument.
>>
>>34659762
For starers you need a buyer also if anything breaks you have to pay for services or do it yourself. Also average person moves 4 times in a life. Lets assume the first is your parents that's 3 more. Many 40 something that are having financial troubles got them buy being homeowners in their late 20s/early 30s and getting fuck over because the only work they could find was hundreds of miles away so they had to get a new place to live while chained down to the old one until it sold(assuming it did). Both have there ups and downs and neither is great.
>>
>>34659811
>I own my home
Not really. You get tax and other things for it, you stop paying those guess what happens? Renters just get evicted when they stop paying, your going to jail.
>>
>>34659647
Only if I'm in a position where I can completely 100% afford if they end up like me. Also I would want designer baby research to be a bit more looked into. Either way having kids or not doesnt matter to me. I don't want to bring a kid into this world that has to suffer a shit or subpar existence. It's the reason I feel bad for the mentally handicapped and downies, etc. This meme that existence is better than non-existence is toxic as fuck.

My older bro's daughter turned 1 and he was with his wife like 5-6 years prior to them getting married. But he's like the most normie of my parent's children. I think I'm the most autistic since I'm 2nd to last and a guy.
>>
>>34645226
Where do students go when the semester ends?
That's right, to their fucking mommy and daddy's house. You aren't living on your own, you are just away for a few months. Shut the fuck up lol
>>
>>34644829
You do realize that Marx criticized capitalism for destroying the family structure by making everyone and everything a commodity, if everyone has to work all the time the nuclear family goes away.
>>
>>34659854
>>34659880

When I move out of my own, I get money from selling it. You don't get any money when you move out of your apartment. How is your situation better?
>>
>>34660013
HAHA, silly anon. Commies are 100% bad.

>>34660107
Are you including repairs? How about utilities?Living in a house for 18 years of my life, I can tell you, Unless it's relatively new and built perfectly, you will have to pump a lot of money into it. Give me an example of
>the price you paided for the house
>realistically how long youre living there
>Your career at this stage
>how much you'd sell it for
I plan on someday owning a tiny-house tho but I don't consider that the same as buying a house for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
>>
>>34645209

No one is talking about college kids, you little bitch
>>
>>34645564
>13k is worse than 0k
This is what NEETS actually believe
>>
>>34660107
>How is your situation better?
It's not better it's the same really.
You get service and maintenance meaning that anything that break or what not is covered, if anything is offered like a refrigerator(most apartments so) they are responsible to replace/fix it if it breaks.
And again, with the house you have to find a buyer which in the current climate is why a lot of people have money issues as they get older, they bought into the homeowner meme and are stuck with two house to pay for where it be mortgage, insurance and/or taxes. The renter while at risk to "lose" money has the freedom that once that lease is up can leave as they please without anything tying them down. Stranger still you get better credit as a renter than a homeowner at a young age.
Again, neither is good and depending on where you live can effect which one feels "better". Again though you are really naive if you think you own that house and are in more of the Jews pockets buying that lie then the renter one.
>>
I still live with my parents, although I'm 'working' and my work might end requiring me to go somewhere else in the world, might end up spending 2/3 of the year traveling for work. Not sure what to say though to any girl I'm seriously interested in though. Imagine conversation going something like "Yeah I live with my parents but in a few months I could be making great money traveling and living out of hotel rooms."
>>
>>34645564
I dont know. I'm pretty sick of being NEET. There's at least 2 places I want to travel to and I need money to do so.

Peru and Thailand.
>>
>>34645434
LO fucking L , you are so independent giving half your earnings to a landlord and the best part...you are not even living alone, you still have to share
>>
>>34660107
Pipes break. Who's fixing them?
Roof leaks who's fixing it?
natural disaster puts a whole in your house who's fixing it?
You had to move for your work and your house has been on the market for 4 years with no buyers, you are constantly broke because you are paying on two homes and have to periodically waste time visiting the old home(or paying someone to do it) to make sure it's not being vandalized or squatted in.
That's not an advantage over a rent where the biggest factor is the landlord and how long you want to stay there, in irony you lose your money in an apartment if nothing goes wrong. But like that one anon said your money going out to that home in taxes and insurance is just as much or more and you'll never see that money again. Hell selling the house means you are buying a house so likely you will sere little profit if any.
>>
>>34660379
What the fuck is with people and wanting to visit the shittiest places on earth???
>>
File: 135466735848.jpg (46KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
135466735848.jpg
46KB, 1080x608px
>>34660387
>you are so independent giving half your earnings to a landlord
as opposed to giving half your money to the government? You do understand how home ownership works right?
>>
File: fff.jpg (35KB, 475x456px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
35KB, 475x456px
>moved into a 2 bedroom apartment last year by myself
>barely affordable, only because I am very cheap and never buy anything for myself, just need the internet for entertainment
>2 months after moving out
>Dad randomly shows up in my apartment, apparently he had spare keys made somehow
>Tells me that he and my mom are concerned I am not living a life befitting their son
>Tells me that they will force me to buy a dog and then report me for having a pet if I do not prove I am living an 'acceptably fun life'
>when I lived with them they forced me to buy things like videogames, chess boards, and music CD's so I wouldn't be 'depressed on my laptop'
>moved to prevent this
>every saturday, tuesday and friday one of them comes to my apartment and looks for new things
>if I haven't bought anything the threaten to damage my arrangement here with the dog thing
>they make me show myself having fun
>last week I spent $30 on Nintendo Monopoly and played it by myself in front of my father for 4 hours
>he refused to leave until the game ended
>was playing with myself
>only finished after I paid the Bowser tax like 30 times and had no money left
>tfw they won't leave me alone and I am going broke

should have stayed
>>
>>34660419
Both places have very lax/no laws of child sex as well as easy accesses to "under age" prostitutes.
>>
>>34660387
I'm sorry unless you plan on paying for a house in full how do you think mortgage payments work? It's literally rent except the bank holds zero responsiblity for anything unlike a Landlord/Super.

>>34660419
10-day ayahuasca retreat and ladyboys, respectively, I think.
>>
>>34660472
fake story shut the fuck u[[g[p
>>
>>34645719
some parents are wise enough to know when their children grow up and treat them like an adult. Sadly many lower class ones are not and are difficult to live with or kick them out. Then they work at McDonalds and give 2/3 of their pay to their landlord. JUst like the (((boomers))) want.
>>
>>34660472
What the fuck? Do they provide you with money or anything? What gives them the right to do any of this?

They can't just buy you a fuckin dog and give it to you to get you kicked out. If you're independent start ignoring them and distancing yourself, tell them to stop coming over and fuck off, I don't get how you could let this go on.
>>
>>34660631
because its a made up story.
No robot would compromise the only place he feels safe even for his retarded parents.
>>
>>34660445
He clearly doesn't with such logic as "well I can sell it cuz I own it like a dildo"
>>
>>34660665
Yeah I think it's fake too, there's no way this is real.

but at the same time i can see something stupid like this happen because there are a lot of people who have psychotic parents that act like this, but I can't see how anyone would let this happen. Unless they're extremely fucked up from having them as their parents.
>>
>>34657214
that's some seriously comfy shit anon. I would love to the ways of this image someday
>>
>>34660408
pipes breaking and roof leaks are such a rare problem, it's irrelevant.

also, what kind of shitty fly over state do you live in where house prices arent rising? my parents biught our house in 2007 for 400k. Today its worth 800k because of the demand in our area
>>
>>34657658
>Some observers also worry that large numbers of NEETs represent a potential source of social unrest.

amazing how these faux neutral academic journals tainted by women juices always manage to vaguely imply this would somehow be negative
>>
>>34657214
Sign me up for the interview. Where is this and what kind of work is out there?
>>
File: 5474785378235890.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5474785378235890.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>34660753
>pipes breaking and roof leaks are such a rare problem
You will have a rude awakening if you everown a home
>Today its worth 800k because of the demand in our area
and what's your area? Also you keep forgetting that money symbol means jack shit if you have no buyer. A lot of places play people for fools with that value profit idea without sharing how long some houses just sat on the market. The home market is a lot like a fat comic book store guy that just decides what something is worth regardless of the actual selling rate.
>>
File: 1466178956018.jpg (33KB, 427x313px) Image search: [Google]
1466178956018.jpg
33KB, 427x313px
>tfw making 50k a year here in the states

>will put a big down payment on a house once I have 40 thousand saved.

>life will then be ezmode

Why don't you get on my level, poor NEETcucks?
>>
>>34644493
The jews are in on everything. It's a jewish deception, the world
>>
i still live with parents because of my car accident. i'm in a wheelchair now. i have to go to therapy and the gym to get better.
>>
wow this post is still up?

why don't we all use this time to pitch in and get ourselves an astro mansion?
>>
The western way of life is very strange. At 18 you are expected to move out with little experience, no money and very little help, to scrape a living from the bottom up.

In the east you move out when you're actually financially secure and stable, with a good footing and monetary support from your parents.

I understand not spoiling a child but i don't understand this concept of never buying your child anything, why should a parent not buy their child an apartment or new car, they usually have the money for it that would only otherwise be spent on a frivolous holiday or object.
>>
File: breathe surf.jpg (321KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
breathe surf.jpg
321KB, 500x485px
for every shit post you make

you plot a grain of sand in the ocean

by the end of today

we will have ourselves an island.
>>
you may get a handmade coconut lemonade juice

if you admit that fembots are the best.
>>
>>34661150
>In the east you move out when you're actually financially secure and stable
That was here too until the college craze of the 70s where the idea was leave for college, get a degree, get a job, get a house. Now that College degrees are almost as common as High School ones most hit the get a degree phase and go no where because they didn't do internships, network or make sure they researched local area work related to the degree.
>why should a parent not buy their child an apartment or new car
most can't afford it and you have to be usually very well off to even be able to offer those out right. Also independence usually is seen as self sustaining. To have an apartment but having family pay for it makes you look bad in a lot of ways.
>>
>boomers sucked away all the resources and now it's time to pay the bill just as they fall into retirement
>government promised them a comfy retirement if they worked hard that was never going to be sustainable
>boomers buy up lower market housing stock and rent it out to supplement their retirement
>housing has become obscenely expensive due to demand outstripping supply forcing out the young and first time buyers
>low skill jobs becoming automated and huge corporations no longer have to pay someone a living wage
>rich get richer as they keep all earnings from the automated labour
>now have huge amounts of useless people (NEETs) who can't do anything and pill popping elderly living another 10 years to spend sitting in a chair and shit their pants

What is the solution, the corporate Jew asks?
>>
>>34661330
zombie banks!
>>
>>34661330

War.

Originalagamidesunoye.
>>
>>34661148
Honestly as autistic as it sounds I wouldnt mind sharing an apt with other introverted robots.
>>
>>34661330
I already discussed it with another anon earlier itt.

You either bottleneck birth through mandatory parental licensing or you cap life at 70~.

Until/Unless we some how get to a Post-scarcity economy. Something along those lines NEEDS to be done.
>>
>>34644981

I bring girls back to my basement apartment all the time. it has a fucking bar own here so the lasses never complain
>>
>>34661486
I remember having to share a dorm with one,
guy was autistic as they come and stupid, guy couldn't function without his parents,
I watched him try to heat a hambuger in the microwave for like an hour and attempting to eat the burnt charred mess that came out,
one time the toilet wasn't working, he couldn't figure out what to do so he too a shit in the sink.
>>
>>34661465
I think we're overdue for another world war. Things need to get shaken up and I could do with a /comfy/ factory job while gi joe gets himself killed defending my laid-back lifestyle.
>>
>>34661655
I feel like the people here aren't THAT retarded. I'm more talking like aspies. Not borderline non-functioning. Something like the guy here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCU8wxCdKIE
>>
>>34661330
What else but war?
You have a large population of young angry men with no skills who can't find work. Not a good combination. Not a good combination in today's economic climate.
>>
>>34661794
>I feel like the people here aren't THAT retarded. I'm more talking like aspies.
well he guy knew all about r9k and spuouted its memes, so...
>>
>>34644326

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJ9v__NyR0

I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>34662259
Oh god no. Are some of you actually like this? How does one go through the 21st century not knowing how to use a microwave or not know how a toilet works. Im hoping he was just a lurker because the people who actually talk seem to be just a smidge more functioning than that.
>>
>>34662354
>Are some of you actually like this?
well there was a guy in one of the Christmas threads that said he was going to give his sister one of those expensive anime figures for Christmas even though she wasnt into anime his rationale was it should work since it cost a lot of money,
couldn't be convinced otherwise and came back surprised she didn't like it.
>>
>>34661700

With the way things are going in Iran and North Korea at the moment, we may well get our wish. Much less the US cozying up to Russia while telling China to get bent.
>>
>>34650085
Very similar to my personal standpoint.

Make decent money but moving out would literally involve just being alone constantly on weekday evenings and probably for part of most weekends.
>>
>>34651022
>common sense
get crushed by debt is common sense?
>>
>>34662567
Oh yeah. There was a bunch of dogshit normies in those threads. One guy was supposed to get me a french press and cancelled the order.
>>
>>34644418
I moved out 18 and I'm only 21 now. Mind you, I got a job.

If I could have stayed at home I would have, but I was raised in the country and work in a big city, so have little choice.
>>
>>34662345
>n0t p0s71ng ::::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6NeJioMNpg

COME ONNN
>>
>>34650856
Absolutely concur.

Even for the years when I was moved out I didn't make enough to let me live with any degree of true stability. I was always just one step away (being fired, a medical issue, a rent increase) from being--you guessed it--dependent on my parents.

Fuck. I have never enjoyed even a modicum of true financial independence in my short sad life.
>>
>>34662878

Na.

kmgkmrkmgkmrgkm
>>
>>34644962
I've got the same mario kart 8 poster.
>>
>>34652187
This is a good point, I missed that subliminal "still" in the title...crafty little rent and car payment propaganda.
Thread posts: 435
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.