[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here quits everything?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: quitter.png (448KB, 1275x754px) Image search: [Google]
quitter.png
448KB, 1275x754px
Does anyone else here just give up?

I have an entire sink full of dishes and I can't even imagine starting it let alone quitting it.
>>
File: 1484444062930.jpg (28KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1484444062930.jpg
28KB, 400x299px
>>34641492
Yeah anon, I'm a real lazy sack of shit.
>>
>>34641492

Yes, almost always on almost anything. I've carried my moldy dishes to trash two times.
>>
File: 1484108192799.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1484108192799.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>34641492
God damn, never in my life have I ever finished anything. I've even shown potential in a lot of things, but then I lose my will and drive and get sick of it. I didn't finish high school and got a GED instead, I only got an associate degree instead of a bachelor's, I quit sports (sometimes in mid year) when I was a kid, I've never made it at a regular job for more than a year and a half (and even then I briefly left for another job and came back), and a lot of times I'll randomly just cut people out of my life because I feel like it. There have even been some very promising career options, but I always end up opting out before going through with committing to it.

I honest to God think that I'm incapable of actually finishing anything long-term, and even short-term things I'll do part of, stop for a while, do more of, stop for a while, then finish the rest.

There's probably some underlying psychology to it, but shit just starts to get under my skin and infuriate me, then I let my rage fester until it boils over, I can't take it any more, convince myself I'm getting nothing out of it and it's not worth it, then I stop. Then I inevitably find myself spending whatever free time that I have browsing the internet, wasting my life away, which makes me feel satisfied, in a weird way. It's why I don't think I'll ever accomplish anything.
>>
>>34641723
That last paragraph definitely resonates with me. Still waiting for the motivation to climb out of this pit again.
>>
File: 721.jpg (92KB, 680x986px) Image search: [Google]
721.jpg
92KB, 680x986px
>>34641492

Do just a part of it?

When I can't do something, I tend to cut that elephant into small chunks and eat it one at a time.

Like, I hadn't cut my nails for a month but couldn't bring myself to go in the bathroom and do it so instead I put scissors in my bag. Few days later, I'm outside and suddenly think about it. Feels bad. Open bag. Wonder of wonders, scissors. Begin cutting nails. Stop at first hand.

I'll do the second hand later. Maybe.
>>
>>34641851
I like to think that by the time you get around to your other hand, the hand that you already clipped will need to be clipped again. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>34641492
I just don't care. Haven't worked for 5 months, live in my parents basement but they don't want me here if I can't pitch in. I do more chores around here than I ever have though, probably because I know I'm on thin ice. I just can't help but feeling like the work world is about enslaving mankind for the benefit of a wealthy elite.
>>
>>34641980

It's true but I think even Normalfags' nails do that.

At least that's how I keep things bearable. It ensures that I'm taking a shower sometimes, brushing my teeth sometimes, etc.

> I always have a teeth brush in my vest, just in case, has been here for years
> One side of the brush is "rotten", like if the plastic is eaten away by some black thing
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
2KB, 90x90px
>>34641723
Sounds alot like me, one question do you repeat the cicle, for me its always like this.I get my shit together lets say losing weight lose about 50 pounds, something fucking happens don't exercise for 7 months.ROUND AND ROUND,ROUND IT GOES.
>>
>>34642074
Depending on what it is, yeah. A lot of times I'll just drop the thing forever, honestly.
>>
>>34642312
I can fucking relate man,its so fucking frustrating when u progress quite far but deep inside you know u can quit it just like that.
Oh could you tell me some of you'r childhood ? any neglect or fucked up parents.
>>
>>34642415
It's not neglect, per se, but I was the youngest child and was extremely well-behaved for the most part, so my parents basically let me raise myself and handle all of my own affairs as soon as I started school at like, 6. My siblings got all of their attention on basically everything, I was always just kind of off in the corner keeping myself entertained through TV or movies or reading or video games. They always did the obligatory stuff for me, but weren't ever really "involved." I was really as much of a houseplant as I was a person. Lots of times families who knew us weren't even aware of my existence, mostly because I didn't like going anywhere.

My parents worked quite a bit, but were good people. Certainly nothing particularly fucked up about either of them. Just never really got involved in anything that I did for the most part, and never pushed me to really do anything.
>>
>>34642591
U mentioned cutting people out, do you ever wonder that there is a reason maybe a subconscious one that does that.
>>
>>34642780
I'd say probably largely due to the fact that I don't like my ties getting too deep to people. I might feel like I'm getting too close and become vulnerable as a result, or might owe them something for some reason, then something happens that annoys me, then I ultimately decide to cut them out, or phase them out of my life because it's easiest that way than dealing with being beholden to somebody for whatever reason.
>>
>>34642852
Any severe trust issues?From my own personal experience, i know it has some relation to my apathetic behavior with leads to quitting.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.