[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential Crisis Deficiency Syndrome

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 7231254-md.jpg (36KB, 679x475px) Image search: [Google]
7231254-md.jpg
36KB, 679x475px
>I've been trying to force myself to realise how meaningless my existence is lately. I used to be able to do it for short periods of time when I was quite young (I was only 7 the first time). It felt like I wanted to jump out of my own skin. The fact that I even existed as a conscious being felt so ridiculous that I literally wanted to kill myself.

>But now I can't. Whenever I try, I can't shake this lingering sense of self-importance. Whenever I imagine the vastness of the Universe, I can't help but feel as though I matter to it in some way, to an extent that I sometimes think it couldn't exist without me.

>Have I switched from nihilism to solipsism? >Have I formed a mental block against such realisations?
>Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a name for it?

This is important
>>
File: 0101 - FL52XPe.jpg (18KB, 259x253px) Image search: [Google]
0101 - FL52XPe.jpg
18KB, 259x253px
>>34640912
Good question OP sometimes life revolves around you sometimes it doesn't, who am i to say after all i don't know shit.Asking questions means little.
>>
Why the hell did the moderators delete this? i gave you some advice about the dangers of nihilism and the need to move past it by forming your own meaning and existence, but they deleted it
>>
>>34640912
Don't most people have that ''mental block''? It makes sense for it to be natural.
>>
>>34640912
I suggest drugs, DMT is great for that, if u can't get your hands on some pick one of the fallowing LSD,(DOM,DOB long duration) psilocybin mushrooms,salvia dinorum,or if u can't get that at all try Jenkem.
>>
>>34640912
i'm not a solipsist, but the realization that i will only see the world from my side and the only universe that exists for me its mine put really the spotlight on me. This realization really made me more egoistic. It's kind of a weird feeling.
>>
>>34640912
Very interesting anon. I'm completely the opposite. I'd love to think my life has meaning but I just know that is has absolutely none. I'm very interested in solipsism as an alternative.
>>
You're lucky. My existentialism plagues me on a normal basis enough to cause me to not ever be able to enjoy small pleasures in life. My only outlet is drugs, which numb the mind to
>>
>>34642080
>>34641319
I hate it
It was liberating to have existential issues in a sick kind of way
>>
>>34640912
It's called denial and it's an essential part of human intelligence. A biological "consciousness" can't develop without a denial mechanism evolving alongside it.
In the end we're not really conscious because then we'd just get completely lost in the recursive realization that nothing matters (including our realization that nothing matters which is a thought that loops into itself), and enter a catatonic state until our vessels weren't functional anymore. Or maybe we'd forcibly break this catatonia to destroy our consciousness prematurely by whatever means available, because the thoughts would make our bodies feel bad.
I'm not sure about this part.
>>34641319
Everyone who hasn't killed themselves has it
>>
>>34640912
You're stuck at the first gate of enlightenment, OP.
>>
>>34640912
who on earth are you quoting
>>
>>34642410
No I passed it but I regressed because I couldn't leave my mom behind.
>inb4 delusional
I'm being pretty serious
>>
>>34640912
nihilism is just a spook broski
>>
>>34641139

The Bog called the Shadow People, sweetling, they're after you and deleting your posts to keep people from the truth. The Archons want the Sleepers to stay slaved to Gaia.
This message doesn't exist. We are the Buzzing in your head. Follow the Hands in the Subway and you'll find the Labyrinth.
>>
File: 1422400337055.jpg (71KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1422400337055.jpg
71KB, 850x400px
>>34640912

I can totally relate to both feelings, but I would be unable to explain it. If there's a [insert some fresh meme] Personnality Disorder for that, we're both suffering from it.

I remember that as a young boy, I made a pact with myself about not dying before I was 13. I thought that by then I would have solved that riddle and found reasons to live. Naively thought it was just because I was young and ignorant. Well, sorry to dissapoint the younger me, but it didn't get better.
>>
>>34644065
But the truth is hidden in literally e v e r y t h i n g
And by the eeylooms nonetheless
They want it to happen
But they want you to fight for it
>>
>>34642487

Ah, the Riddle of my life, if I could stop giving a fuck about others, all my problems would be gone in a second. Except diseases, those little fucks.

Ain't simple. I don't want not to give a fuck about the people I love, and yet I'm aware that Saturn is way bigger than my Feels and I ain't even a dust in the Sky.
>>
>>34640912
>Whenever I try, I can't shake this lingering sense of self-importance. Whenever I imagine the vastness of the Universe, I can't help but feel as though I matter to it in some way, to an extent that I sometimes think it couldn't exist without me.

This is both right and wrong. If the big bang is to be believed than you ARE literally the universe experiencing itself. So is the computer youre reading this on, the insects crawling in your wall, or the ground you walk on.

People can call it hippy bullshit if they want, but we're all the same thing. "Self" is inseparable from "other".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.