[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

r9k like this game? also any advices for noob protoss player?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 2011-08-04-teaser1.jpg (26KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
2011-08-04-teaser1.jpg
26KB, 300x225px
r9k like this game?

also any advices for noob protoss player?

so far I made some conclusions

-avoid fight in open areas, and preferably fight on ramps to dimnish enemy numerical superiority

and thats basically it.
it's so hard for me to win a fight in the open that in last game against zerg enemy forced to wait in my base because if I'd go to expand he'll defeat me.

how do I avoid it?
>>
>spam dark templar because they're kool
>that's it
>>
>>34639283
>spam dark templars
>enemy deploys observer/raven/overseer that can see through their camouflage
>get owned
>>
>>34639356
yeah but observers, ravens and overseers are gay
they are for people who are too scared to recklessly engage in combat, they are like little children
so you can always insult their users
>>
>>34639415
that's very interesting strategy...
>>
File: 1484002143771.png (903KB, 974x1507px)
1484002143771.png
903KB, 974x1507px
i was high masters in like season 1 in vanilla sc2, many years ago

funny u mention this game i was actually looking to fully switch into it. because i cant play csgo because too many hackers and i hate dota 2 with a passion. in csgo i was rather good too, like i could play decent in esea i was c+ at 18-10 lifetime games

starcraft 2 is NOT a casual game and its a thinking man's game, and also it doesnt reward cheating, so you cant just download you way into gm like all of counter strike players
>>
>>34639468
thank you... so you have any advices? or basically only good strategy to play toss is to survive until late game and make a deathball of death that destroys everything?
>>
File: 1484432906910.png (194KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1484432906910.png
194KB, 448x468px
>>34639522
this game has ZERO shortcuts. there is no small advice i can give you to get better. i think the best advice i can give you is try to enjoy the game as much as possible and dont play the way you dont enjoy

like if you hate doing something and its not fun for you, just dont do it. like for me i used to play scbw a lot, but i played a lot of 4v4 fastests and minigames, i didnt enjoy the main game

when you have fun you get better, and ultimately the purpose of the game is just to enjoy it
>>
File: devirish.jpg (177KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
devirish.jpg
177KB, 800x820px
>type some Korean characters at the start of the match
>occasionally get an insta-concede
>>
>>34639605
ok... I think I understand what you are telling me. well in fact I kinda enjoy ladder. even though i get rekt often I see some progress
>>
Pylons and probes. Just pylons and probes. Your macro should be immaculate.
>>
>>34640307
don't forget photon cannons
when you're about to attack someone's base, send in a big wave of probes
then have some in the back warp in a FUCKTON of photon cannons

you'll fuck their minds so hard that their bases will surely follow
>>
>>34639678
haha i keked at that.

its true though.
>>
>>34640501

>just fuck my economy up: silver edition

Learning how to macro well (constantly produce probes, never be supply blocked, never stack up ressources, constantly have all your buildings produce something) and very basic unit knowledge/"insurances" (always have anti air and invis detection) will carry you to low diamond.
>>
>>34639242
I like it, but I also hate it because I suck and I will never get better because it is so frustrating to play
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.