[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could the world handle a show based on a real robot?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

File: 1483470376388.jpg (30KB, 463x469px) Image search: [Google]
1483470376388.jpg
30KB, 463x469px
Could the world handle a show based on a real robot?
>>
>a show based around sitting at a computer all day and sleeping

Not very exciting desu
>>
>>34638009
Considering the fact that robots rarely leave their house, I'd say no
>>
wasn't that movie called Punch Drunk Love?
>>
>>34638009
Probably, yes. It may be too deep for even the "dude stranger things XD" group to deal with, though. Who knows?
>>
>>34638087
You're lucky you can't hurt people over the internet.
>>
>>34638101
>too deep
I'd hardly call masturbating to anime "girls" deep. The show might work if it showed the character's thoughts.
>>
elliot is more like a real robot than most of you normies here
>>
>>34638054
Much of the show could be about dreams and memories of the protagonist.
>>
File: pissbottle.png (288KB, 871x449px) Image search: [Google]
pissbottle.png
288KB, 871x449px
>robot tv program shows pissbottles
>people don't actually believe pissbottles are a thing
>nation begins researching pissbottle phenomenon with polls and scientific studies that show it's more common than anyone knew
>entire TV specials dedicated to answering the question of why pissbottles are a thing
>reality TV shows spring up in the same vein as "Hoarders" showing the lifestyle and treatment of pissbottlers
>mothers start snooping around the rooms of robots everywhere looking for pissbottles
>comfy robot life ruined
>mass suicides incoming
>>
>>34638244

That would be a pretty good show tbqh, would need to do with a lot of anxiety/perceived outcomes too.

Sounds more like it'd be a good short movie idea.
>>
>>34638009
By normie standards, the main character should get laid at some point, and he would no longer be a real robot.
>>
>>34638244
Yeah, I could see that working. I'd watch it.
>>
>>34638009
Yes, but they'd of course overdo it. There have been movies about autists already.
>>
>real robot show
Don't we already have the Gundam franchise?
>>
File: Robin Williams One Hour Photo.png (749KB, 952x519px) Image search: [Google]
Robin Williams One Hour Photo.png
749KB, 952x519px
>>34638009
Here is your movie with your typical robot
>>
>>34638158
it would show the lack of social skills and contacts. Maybe show the protagonist makes hate commends on the internet just shows the conflict he is in.
>>
>>34638244
I can just imagine the normies """connecting""" with him and saying how they'd be his friend, when they treat robots they know irl the same way the ones in the show do.
>>
It would either end up being seen as a comedy or make normies angry and think, "why he just doesnt do something with his life if he hates it so much?".
>>
I am mr robbit
>>
>>34638009
Robots wouldn't stand it either. A real robot's life movie/series would be Ultimately boring.
>>
>>34638009
Swiss Army Man got pretty close at being robotdom core...
>>
>>34638009

Make the first episode begins with his death at an old age, alone in a hospital bed.

Make the second as a Flashback, call it "when did everything go wrong?", show how it was shitty from kindergarten. Robot is on a swing and watching Stacey from afar, Normie tells him that his anxiety is just his ego and he's a narcissistic coward. Episode ends with night falling over Robot, alone at school and pondering his life's choices.

Third episode, "my Super-Vilain origin". He asks her out and the whole school bullies him as a result.

4th episode, show is cancelled because of an unrelated school shooting. Hillary Clinton asks for a ban of Robots' portrayal in the media and gets elected. She dies two day later of a MST brought home by a phony saxophonist.
>>
It would need to be a psychological drama, descent into madness style, with little to no discrepancy between thought and reality.
>>
>>34638009
There's miss kobayashi's maid dragon
>main character was kind of an alcoholic
>lonely office worker obsessed with maids
>can't fathom how reptiles managed to integrate society better than she did
>stoic and neutral about most things

It's a really comfy show desu
>>
>>34638246
I STILL don't understand piss bottles.
>>
>>34638009
Seinfeld joked about being "a show about nothing," but this would be the world's first true example of it. There's no overarching plot, no character development, no supporting cast, nothing. Just a guy in his room shitposting, fapping, and waiting for his parents to go to sleep so he can slink into the kitchen to get some food.
>>
>>34640558
I used to have one back when I was a NEET because I didn't want to wake up my parents from flushing the toilet at 4am because after I peed I liked to fap
>>
>>34638244
Honestly that could be brilliant, but then you go back to the original problem of normalfriends not being able to handle the redpills a show like that would be dishing out
>>
>>34640606
ah those post fap pee bubbles. This is the first logical reason I have heard. Ussually bots say it is because they are too lazy. Which seems counter intuitive: it is easier to walk 10 feet to a toilet than to pee in a bottle (unless they live in a third world country and the bathroom is like an outhouse)
>>
>>34638890
it makes me wanna vomit
>>
>>34640606
I always just use the bathroom in the middle of the night even when I'm at home for the semester holidays.

I don't think I could ever use a pissbottle simply due to the hygiene aspect of it. Even after just using the bathroom I will wash my hands like 5 times, touching my dick and maybe piss and then my computer would make me go crazy and probably have an anxiety attack
>>
>>34638890
This.

I can just imagine the ironic pissbottle memes on facebook, the "robot" fashion and the memes about depression and anxiety

Suddenly every stacy would call herself a neet not working for a week during her holidays
>>
>>34640813
>the memes about depression and anxiety

That's been the newest normalfag thing for the past two or so years, all of them make memes about being depressed and wanting to commit suicide
>>
>>34640558
I use them whenever there are guests in the house.
>>
>>34640775
>I don't think I could ever use a pissbottle simply due to the hygiene aspect of it

You could just use some hand sanitizer.
>>
>>34638009
you couldn't make a interesting show based on a robot. You could however make the robot a side-character in a show.
>>
>>34641157
No, I feel a physical compulsion to wash my hands

Tbh it's not really a concern for hygiene, just mental illness. My parents made me see a shrink too because I'm washing my hands easily 50-100 times a day
>>
>>34641195
You also couldn't make an interesting show out of the average normie

That doesn't stop most characters from being normies

You could put a robot in an interesting situation

Or you could be very innovative and just have a lot happen in the main characters mind as the other anon said
>>
>>34640838
Yeah, and now noone can genuinely be depressed anymore since it's just a joke to everyone anyways
>>
>>34638009
Yeah. There's a swedish book named Van av ordning (friend of order) about a robot who browses flashback (swedish 4chan) and shills for SD (swedish ukip)
It's really accurate actually.
>>
File: 1486239409799.gif (929KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1486239409799.gif
929KB, 500x284px
>>34638054

stop it!

stop!

stop!

REEEEEEE
>>
>>34641233
I'm in the same boat, or rather I'm only standing in it with one foot nowadays. I couldn't even brush past my groin area with my hand or arm without needing to wash my hands and arms. And if one water droplet managed to find its way somewhere else, I had to wash that area as well. Damn there were so many things I considered dirty.
My washing OCD ruined a lot.
I'm still not completely through it, over 10 years after it really started, but I think it's a lot more sensible now (thorough handwashing after wiping my ass, or after touching/popping a pimple).
>>
File: 52675.jpg (44KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
52675.jpg
44KB, 225x318px
See what normalfags think of this and you have your answer.
>>
>>34641363
I used to have other compulsions as well, for instance having to turn left and right an equal number of times, not stepping on cracks on the road, stepping in each area the same number of times with my right and left foot, going back and checking that I've closed the fridge several times etc.

These days it's just the handwashing, which is at least manageable. I just use a large amount of hand moisturising cream several times a day. As a kid my parents never bought that for me so my hands always used to bleed because the skin was so dry and cracked
>>
>>34641357
>that gif

It really bothers me that the rounds in his hand aren't pepes as well
>>
>>34638244
I would unironically watch this, an amalgamation of /r9k/ would be very enjoyable in this way.
>>
>>34638158
i guarantee you it would be too deep. society turns a blind eye towards virgins and openly enjoys mocking them. of course youre gonna say "lol jacking off to a anime". you are part of the problem, the type of people that openly mock virgins.

most people wouldnt get it. it would indeed be more profound than what people could and want to understand.
>>
He Was a Quiet Man
>>
File: 1483380216367.png (65KB, 215x264px) Image search: [Google]
1483380216367.png
65KB, 215x264px
>>34641463
yeah, this 100% is the only real robot show

still blows my mind that it was made. the manga and even the anime, FOR 2 SEASONS!

i think objectively the anime was the best, followed by the novel, although when it was coming out i remember i liked the manga the most by a large margin but when i revisited it i didnt like it as the other 2

its seriously culturally significant. i remember back in '06 as a wee 16 year old i was buying the manga as it was coming out

i should really buy posters of atleast 1 nhk to put on my wall tb.h

nhk is the only real robot show, EVERYTHING else is normie tier shit, which isnt necessarily bad, but its not /r9k/ tier
>>
>>34641463
>main character is surrounded by three girls
>"robot show"

stop
>>
>>34638071
So, like season two of Mr Normie?
>>
>>34638271
>would need to do with a lot of anxiety/perceived outcomes too.
Like Sherlock Holmes figuring out the best way to go about a future event except it's anon imagining what he thinks is going to happen.
>>
He couldnt be super robot. He would atleast have to have a part time wageslave job. And the dude cant be attractive. Maybe give him a chad brother who keeps trying to get him to do shit and say bee yourself.
>>
>>34641652
>And the dude can't be attractive
Who would play our robot protagonist?
>>
>>34641563
Darlene is his sister, Angela is an old friend, who's the third one?
>>
>>34641714
>Angela is an old friend
excuse me, you are arguing that its NOT robot show, right?
>>
>>34641714
He's talking about Welcome to the NHK but 1.) I think the fact that Elliot's only female contacts are his drug dealer, his sister and a girl he met when he was 6 is pretty robotic, even if he dicks the former. 2.) His drug dealer makes 3.
>>
>>34641695
Some ugly 28 year old with patchy facial hair who is skinnyfat. Its a meme robots are obese retards. Someone cast based on that.

>>34641714
The third is his drug dealer gf

Eliot cant be a real robot because even the Stacy i work witht hink he is attractive even if his personality is robot as fuxk.
>>
>>34641788
>even if he dicks the former

getting regular sex is not something that makes a robot.

come the fuck on. he's a cyborg, not a normie or a robot.
>>
>>34641811
There's attractive robots but it's generally agreed upon that Elliot is a cyborg with significant robotic traits.
>>
>>34640472
Waifu of the season
>>
>>34641563
They are his mother, his suicidal friend from high school and a normie who uses his misery to feel better about herself.
>>
>>34641498
I also have some ticks I try to hide as well as I can, like tensing muscles or blinking rapidly or this thing where I "block" my nose, build pressure and then let it loose. Difficult to describe but it makes a sound so I try to hide it with more natural sounds. I wish I could live without those ticks but whenever I try to not do them it feels like the particular area where the tick would take place gets warmer and warmer and there's this tension inside of me. Man, OCD and ticks are fucked
>>
>>34642028
It feels differently for me, it's usually a feeling of something being wrong and the anxiety, like someone shouting at me or people pressuring me, that kind of feeling

Anyways it's annoying but not really that big of an issue. Certainly less of a problem than a lack of social skills and years of bullying fucking things up even further. If it was between getting rid of my ticks or of my social ineptitude I would certainly keep the ticks any day of the week
>>
File: anime.jpg (40KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
40KB, 512x384px
>>34641195
TFW even in the show revolving around your life you're only ever a side character.
>>
>>34641357
what anime is this from
uhyiuyiuyiuyiuyiuyiuyiuy
>>
>>34642329
Alcohol helps me a lot in social situations as long as it's appropriate to be buzzed/drunk.
>>
>>34642976
Yeah alcohol really helps. Obviously not something great to really really on though, although the temporary alleviation from being a sperg and being crazy about hygiene helps actually allow me to enjoy going out
>>
It's considered one of the best stories of all time.
>>
>>34641550
whats so different in the manga?
>>
>>34640421
>>34640598
>.>
<.<
>.>

I see what you did there.

And yet you all watch it compulsively. You're obsessed.
>>
>>34642976
>yfw its not that you open up because alcohol
>its that the other people being drunk able to tolerate you
>>
>>34644929
Haven't read the LN but the manga is vastly superior compared to the anime.
Gonzo can't animate for shit and I couldn't even finish it.
I dropped both anyway because the idea of someone like him getting so lucky with a girl like Misaki made me disgusted.
>>
Only if it includes Michael Cera
>>
File: saitama.png (152KB, 935x855px) Image search: [Google]
saitama.png
152KB, 935x855px
>>34638009
Saitama was a robot.
>>
>>34645448
more of a /fit/izen
>>
>>34638246
My father uses them himself and they are okay with it actually.
>>
>>34645784
He can be both.
>>
>>34638009
Had WW not turned his show into a piece of haremshit trash, Yahari would be the closest thing to a show about a real robot. Somebody post the picture with a scale of most robot anime protagonists to chads, or something that included sakamoto and 8man idk.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.