[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weebs and Anime Club

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: 1483249538182.jpg (53KB, 956x538px) Image search: [Google]
1483249538182.jpg
53KB, 956x538px
Did anyone join their school's anime club?
>What was it like?
>How well did people hide their powerlevels?
>Did ya make friends?
>>
>>34634746
Animu club started my junior year. Joined with a couple friends of mine and probably went to like 3 meets then never again. Was full of annoying freshmen, the kind that calls themself weebs because they watched sao, aot, soul eater, etc. We watched a movie, and they talked over all of it. I kinda expected more, but that's just my experience with anime clubs
>>
>graduated before anime became popular enough at my highschool to warrant an anime club
dodged that bullet.
>>
>>34635054
Early 2000s anime clubs might've been fun. True chuuni level shit
>>
It was fun, we drew some big hentai girl and hide it in the room we used for a club as the only people who joined the club were in the final year of school.

The girls who ran it were great, I really miss Hannah, Lorraine, and Alice. I thought I saw Alice on a public bus once, but I didn't have the courage to say hi to her. The final meeting of the club was great, we sat around and chatted about everything and everyone and what we were gonna do and where we were gonna go and fuck I miss hanging out after school in some shitty art room watching crap anime together.
>>
>>3463516
More stories pls? origamiblox
>>
>>34635328
woops meant >>34635165
blockykocko
>>
>>34635388
I will later if the thread's still up
>>
The concept of school clubs didn't exist here, sucks.
>>
>tfw too autistic even for weeblord clubs
>>
I almost walked into the one at my university.

From the outside I could hear they were just playing randumb "funny" clips like prom night dumpster baby with a static buffer separating them.
>>
File: 1482652269741s.jpg (7KB, 185x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482652269741s.jpg
7KB, 185x250px
>>34635778
I've found this happening on this board a lot
>decide to chat in discord from here
>mention some vidya/animu
>every says they never heard of them
>"Ok, I'll just use some popular series"
>same thing happens 3 times mention OPM and other well-known shit
>"what's that?"
>>
>>34635735
Or make one, sempai
>>
>>34635388
Alright, so it was just a regular weeb club around 2014, so we watched the classics, some shonen shit like fairy tail, funny stuff like Hetalia and Bobobo, a big mix of tastes. It was originally started by the 3 girls I mentioned as a manga drawing club, and they had posters around the school of them in cosplay, one was Haruhi, the other two were dressed like sailor moon characters. It was regular after school fun for a bunch of guys and girls, occasionally we'd draw, or just chat about manga and anime we'd recently got into. However we did organise to go to cons and sometimes get up to dumb stuff.
>>
>>34636363
Did anyone ever make fun of you guys?
>>
>>34636475
Not really, I mean I was made fun of at school outside of the club but no one really bothered the club, and the girls were friends with this big metal head who used to give me bootleg CDs and concert tickets, so I doubt anyone would mess with him. We did some really stupid stuff like steal hentai doujins at the cons we went to, and then laugh all the way home on the train whilst reading them.

I actually just looked up the three girls, only one of them is still a "geeky girl" it's a bit sad to see how much they've changed. But I know one of them was super religious and found God or something and gave up on all the fun stuff she and the other girls used to do.
>>
>>34636475
I mean this was in the UK, so we had school uniforms, no one could come in wearing cosplay or regular clothes unless there was something happening at school, at most we had pins and badged on our bags and jumpers, but we weren't very overt outside the club
>>
Is it true that all they do is watch the english dub of Bleach and Inuyasha?
>>
>>34636551
Was this at Otakon?
>>
File: no fun.jpg (59KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
no fun.jpg
59KB, 448x473px
>>34634746
I've posted this before in the uni threads but whatever
>>What was it like?
Complete shit, it was held in the evenings in a larger lecture hall that could seat at least 500 people, but the actual club consisted of maybe 30 people scattered in groups of 2-3 around the hall chatting with each other.

The general format though was they would pick 2 series for the semester, one selected by officers and one voted on by everyone and they would watch an episode each meeting, then people could bring in series they wanted to recommend to others and they would watch the first episode and if it was liked add it to the pool to be voted on once the current series ended.

>>Did ya make friends?
No they basically went out of their way to chase away newbies, if you didn't already know them before coming to the club they acted offended that you even tried to talk to them. I though it was just me at first but I started watching and noticed pretty much all the old members were being dicks and by the 3rd meeting none of the people who had came to the newbie interest meeting had come back.

>>How well did people hide their powerlevels?
Decently enough I guess, there were a couple of autists but that's about what I expected.
>>
>>34637362
Nah this was in the UK.
>>
File: 1456366751010.png (144KB, 540x784px) Image search: [Google]
1456366751010.png
144KB, 540x784px
>>34634746
>walking on Uni campus
>anime club representatives table
>everyone is either super skinny or obese
>talk with them because they seem friendly
>they have bad breath and only watch flavor of the season shit in the club
>no qt weeb girls
>complete sausage fest
>one of the representatives has a neckbeard
>another looked like he hasn't brushed his teeth in a month
>took a flyer after talk
>crumpled it up and threw it in a trash can far away out of their field of vision
I really want to join a school club but anime and the vidya club are definitely not the answer
>>
Everyone was a fucking normalfag and had horrible taste, couldn't bear to talk to them about it, just said I didn't like anime; despite the anime badges over my bag
>>
>>34634746
We only got normie clubs where I'm from. Shit like drama and literature.
>>
File: 1483488546737.jpg (24KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483488546737.jpg
24KB, 360x360px
>>34635153

>tfw wasn't autistic enough to be accepted by the weeb clique
>tfw too autistic to be accepted by the normies
>missed out on that prime weeb puss puss
>>
>>34634746
>>34634746
haha I read that as weed and anime club because I used to smoke weed in anime club back in high school lol
>>
>>34637662
>tfw you'll never go to the club to play GG, discuss FMA, and debate about who's best sailor senshi
>>
File: 1429420283345.jpg (452KB, 1280x1324px) Image search: [Google]
1429420283345.jpg
452KB, 1280x1324px
My anime club in high school was full of Naruto and Bleach loving normies who most of the time didn't watch anything outside of Toonami/Adult Swim. This was like in 2004-5, keep in mind.

Nobody really tried to hide their powerlevel because their powerlevel wasn't that high, the black kids would fucking come to school wearing fucking Naruto headbands and shit.

Was really fucking boring. My powerlevel was so much higher than everyone elses, I didn't like Naruto or Bleach at all but I did like One Piece but One Piece back then had like zero presence in America despite being one of the "Big 3". That's all they talked about was Naruto and Bleach and Dragon Ball and FMA and shit.

There was this black girl though so who wasn't quite at my level but she was far above these jokers. Me and her became friends because she did actually watch those not mainstream shows. She was heavily into like Yaoi and shoujo manga though, she would read Yaoi manga constantly but she was fun to talk to and she wasn't obnoxious about. At lunch time we would go to the library and read manga together and watch anime at the computers. She's still my friend to this day.
>>
Highest concentration of autism I've ever seen and will ever see. Girls were extremely ugly. Spouted memes all day and were extremely edgy
>>
>>34637971
>friend
You gonna change that and ask her out or what?
>>
>>34637971
>didn't watch anything outside of Toonami/Adult Swim. This was like in 2004-5, keep in mind.
thats normal by that time though.
>>
>anime club
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFaNTr44lE
>>
animes never appealed to me so no
>>
I went to one meeting to try and make other female friends that like anime and the other interests I have that I keep under wraps, but it was mostly guys and the few girls were very weird so I left
Still don't have girl friends to talk about anime with
>>
File: 1484535061557.jpg (42KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
1484535061557.jpg
42KB, 300x470px
All the ones at mine were the types who only liked gay shit (like literal yaoi). They were also all some sort of SJW and every gender that weren't male or female. I'd only ever go because it was a complete cringefest. They also crossed over into the furry group
>>
>>34634746
Can you enter such club in uni even if you're not attending to that uni? You know, just to hang around, read manga maybe play some dating Sims, you know have our own little Genshiken thing going on.
>>
>>34640502
Not sure about other unis, but at mine yes
>>
>>34634746
no, but I like going to conventions even though I hate cosplaying
>>
>>34640502
Ping Pong Club is the best anime
>>
>>34640587
So even if I'm not attending any uni, I can join a club as a NEET or a salary man?
>>
>>34640502
>you will never be part of the genshiken

why even fucking live. all I want is a place to regularly hang out with other weebs and not have to worry about the outside world.
>>
>>34634746
>anime club
what? who even has that?
>>
File: serveimage.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>gf organized anime club
>once we start dating the club closes down because she's too distracted with me
DEVILISH
>>
>>34641077
every university
>>
>>34641077
Literally ever uni in the US, they even have them at shitty community colleges
>>
>>34640865
Yup, but like I said not sure how common this is at other schools
>>
>>34640641
We should meet up, anon
>>
weebs need to be tortured and hanged desu
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.