[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reason why people tell you to just bee urself is because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: me tbh.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
me tbh.gif
1MB, 300x225px
The reason why people tell you to just bee urself is because most people in the world have relatively harmless personality traits that they're hiding because they're afraid of being judged for them. Things like liking fashion, being gay, collecting stamps, unironically listening to 00s teen rock bands, eating vegan. This is shit that people get judged badly for but is ultimately inconsequential to society, and if you embrace these kinds of things then you'll be better adjusted, because you can spend your life doing things you enjoy and can talk comfortably about the things you want to spend your life doing.

The opposite of this is "trying to be something you're not" which is like an easy-going suburban white boy dressing and talking like he comes from a Black neighborhood, growing up with no mom dealing drugs and packing heat to save his fucking life, or trying to pose like everyone thinks you're 2 cool 4 skool or that you're rich and special. So many aspies try to do this shit, be bigger than they are, and they look like dweebs, so "be yourself" is kind of a warning to stay in your fucking lane and stop being something you don't want to and don't know how to be.

On that note, you fucks fail because, even though you say you're trying to bee urselves, you keep acting like you understand how everything in society works even though you're too inept to get any positive female attention whatsoever by your late 20s. If you were truly beeing urself, you would own that you're a fuckup and socially retarded and work on fixing that instead of trying to walk outside and act like nothing's wrong with you even though the entire time you're screaming on the inside.

To conclude, if "urself" is a kissless virgin who doesn't go outside and interact with people, then keep on beeing yourself and everything will be fine, no one will try to take it from you.
>>
>work on fixing that
how

no vague answers

tell me how
>>
>>34632152
There are two things you have to understand before you will ever find any modicum of success and satisfaction in your short, sad little life.

Number one is, no one can validate you. Every time you let other people dictate your happiness, you're losing. Confidence is not "I am going to laid today" but rather "I may or may not get laid today, but either way everything is going to be fine." And it will; after all, whether or not you fuck 200 stacies or 0, you're going to die alone and be forgotten soon after your short time on this planet ends.

Number two is, no one owes you anything and you owe no one anything. No matter who has set you up with what expectations, walk outside every day with the understanding that you will not get anything unless you earn it, and even if you earn it, you can't expect to get it. The idea of not getting what you worked for might bring you despair, but it's much less despair then the reality of how much you can expect to get if you don't work for anything (spoilers: you can expect to get nothing).

Understand these two values first, and then everything else will gradually make sense, no matter how vague it seems. Fail to understand these, and no matter how concrete, every little bit of advice will be noise to you.
>>
I will say that if anyone on this board truly suffers from autism spectrum disorders then there's a damn good reason they aren't getting along in society. I can't look at somebody who truly has that type of illness and blame them for their failures. The term is thrown around so jokingly that people forget what it actually encompasses.

Yes, the "be yourself" ideology doesn't work because society generally dictates you must be anyone except yourself. If anyone thinks the majority of women, for example, are "being themselves", then that is a mistake.
>>
>>34632201
>and then everything else will gradually make sense
I said no vague answers and you failed
>>
>>34632213
Well my dude, I'm an average-faced manlet working-class Jew with independent political views, extremely critical of populist ideologies. If anyone has anything to lose by being himself, it's fucking me. But even with everything that's gone wrong in my life, I'm happier now after accepting and owning what I am than back when I was trying to be something else.

I decided to click through my FB pictures one day, and I found a few old pictures of me and my Black ex. People went fucking nuts over that one, they just loved the idea of a white-skin cuck with a Black girl. You know how many people are proud of me since I starting dating Asian girls? Like, my dad.

What does this mean? Well, I'm a lot happier dating Asian girls, but you better believe society was a lot happier with me when I wasn't. So by saying "fuck off" to societal expectations, I've found it much easier to pursue and obtain what it is I'm looking for. Remember: the world is against all of us, so if we kowtow its whims, how can we ever expect to find satisfaction? Be yourself, even if the world hates you for it.

>>34632227
I'm not your fucking mom dude, I will not coddle you.
>>
>>34632152
Oh by the way here's the non-vague answers you already know but ignored already: wash your fucking face, get a fucking haircut, stop drinking sugary drinks and make a goal to exercise continuously for at least 30 minutes every day, go to the godamn gym, eat healthy, buy new clothes, talk to people more (while making eye contact, speaking at a natural volume, and saying shit like "how is your day" instead of "please respond"), get off of fucking /r9k/, and find a hobby that doesn't make you sound sociopathic. There you fucking go.
>>
>>34632287
I'm sure your Asian girlfriend sees more then an "average-face manlet working-class Jew with independent political views who dates Asians".
>>
I'm talking more about smiling when you actually don't have a reason to smile, being personable when you have no reason to be, dressing nicely when you really feel like wearing sweatpants, and laughing at jokes that you don't actually find funny. That's more what I hinting at.
>>
>>34632136
>To conclude, if "urself" is a kissless virgin who doesn't go outside and interact with people, then keep on beeing yourself and everything will be fine

Then it shouldn't be good advice to get a girlfriend
>>
>>34632421
sure, and what's your point? I didn't construct this persona I hate to get laid, I still do the same stupid shit I did before, but I just got away from toxic people who hate me for existing more for anything I've ever done to hurt them.

Like, if I explain to people in Asia that I hate BLM and Antifa because they're violent, riot, target people who are different from them, there's zero confusion about it, they understand through the picture I paint why I don't like these groups even if they don't really know much about them. But if I explain the same things in the West, people call me a fucking fascist and go back to defending antisemites and violent mobs. If winning them over means eating their bullshit, I'd rather die a virgin. But I don't have to because I pursued my dreams, mainly getting away from everyone I hate.

>>34632465
Have you ever actually tried this shit? I mean, if you wear a suit every day for a week and decide after that that you just don't fucking like suits, then fine, you're not a suit person, don't try to be one. But saying "I haven't tried this and I don't want to, so I don't like it and it's not me" makes you a fucking child.
>>
>>34632513
Read what I said about being confident, and about expectations. There is no way of thinking or acting that will guarantee you will get exactly what you want, but there are ways of thinking and acting that will protect you from making your life worse in the event that you do not get what you want. You better to learn to compromise before you hit rock bottom. And if you already have hit rock bottom, then you should compromise anyway, because you have nothing left to lose.
>>
>>34632136
you completely missed the point for this board, here ill help you you fucking underage newfag:

DELETE EVERYTHING AFTER FIRST PARAGRAPH (wth are you talking about even you fucking fag) and fill this in:

now the first paragraph does NOT work for robots because:
1.robots do not have harmless traits they are hiding. they are fucking sickos and would be put down if they would just "bee urself" (wtf OP? kys seriously, fuck off)
conclusion: robots can never not hide their true personality so that whole be yourself doesnt work for them. they can only exist in society trough personal exile because if they show their true colors they would be exiled for real.
so whoever tells to a robot "be yourself" doesnt have a fucking clue and just outed himself as a normie who needs to fuck off from this board asap.
>>
>>34632527
Wearing a suit everyday is just going to make somebody look like a very weird and/or boring person. That has nothing to do with suits.

Yes, I have tried this shit. It works pretty well. Otherwise, when I don't have to be around society, I do what I want. If I don't feel like doing these things, I don't complain when I am seen as a weirdo or dirty if I happen to go around people.
>>
And consider that some people can be themselves more then others. Some people are just truthfully really weird if they are themselves. Consider if your true self is not as weird as other people's selves.
>>
>>34632330
>>34632201
>tfw normies think that it's that easy
>>
>>34632584
If you're a psycho then don't ask people for advice. You got shit wrong with you and you know you got shit wrong with you, get help. Don't read shit from normie lay people, they cannot help you with your mental illnesses. For everyone else, work on beeing urself.

>>34632602
So you have nothing to complain about, it looks like you already figured out how to be a normie.

>>34632655
My true self must be pretty weird, because years after university I still have people telling me about the sexual assault I apparently engaged in that I don't remember ever doing to anyone. Look back on younger me, I was pretty damn weird, but I accepted myself enough that over the years I developed into a less weird person, and now people hate me less. That's about it. I can't imagine deciding to just bee myself and then have everything I want come true in a month or something. I've fought with my bad parts for years and I'm not really ashamed of some of the bad skin I've shedded off.

I dunno if that's any help to you, but I guess it's something. Some weirdos turn into well-adjusted individuals as time goes on. Others don't.
>>
>>34632846
Have you mastered everything on the list and is it all part of your daily life and has it been for years on end? If not, fuck off, you don't have the experience to argue. If you have, you shouldn't even be arguing it, I already told you to validate yourself, don't look for attention from me, mama's boy.
>>
>>34632874
nice b8 m8, i think it's gr8
>>
>>34632912
thanks. I definitely did come here to laugh at you, so there's that.
>>
>>34632854
Well... I mean, that's what I'm trying to say. >>34632602 and >>34632655 were both me. I added the other to try and better word what I was trying to say.

Oh god, that sounds horrible. How the fuck did you apparently engage in sexual assault. Asking because I've known people to get accused when they didn't do anything. What did you apparently do?
>>
>>34632992
Well I know there's one happening that still gets me accused as a fucking rapist years after the fact. Long story short, I tried to help a drunk crying girl home with the assistance of another guy. We both knew her and did not know each other. The exact details are cringey and I don't want to get into them, but at no point did I touch her in any suggestive way or say anything suggestive to her.

I've been told that I'm a "serial" creep, apparently, though I can't think of any time where I inappropriately touched or sexually harassed anyone beyond mutually consensual engagements and one time a girl came home with me, both of us drunk, got in bed with me, I took off my pants but not my underwear, stopped trying to touch her as soon as she moved my hand away, and later she just stood up and left.

Other than that, I just remember failing to talk to people in a way they would consider socially acceptable. I definitely see why I fit their textbook definition of a creep, but I didn't at those moments in time, so I just stopped being that way over time.

Still irks me that the most notorious thing I ever did was try to help a drunk girl get home safely though. That one really destroyed my trust in Americans and forever tore a rift between myself and the entire political left.
>>
>>34632136
OP is a retard more news at 11
>>
>>34632136
>being yourself is believing what I tell you to believe about yourself and then doing what I tell you to do about it

Just fucking die holy shit. People like you are a fucking cancer.
>>
>>34633113
You know... at some point people are going to have to realize that when they get drunk and do stupid shit, they can't just turn around and call the other man a rapist.

If a man gets drunk and flirts or gets with a lady he regrets, it's call beer googles. If a girl does the same thing, it is apparently rape and I don't understand.
>>
>>34633256
Everybody is a fucking cancer. Just some of us are better at accepting it than others.

>>34633410
You'd be surprised. Some people live their entire lives in denial, and their friends support their delusions. I couldn't put up with that shit.
>>
>>34632136
this is an excellent post, people underestimate just how fucked up the average robot is just below the surface, if a robot takes his mask off then the autism would melt peoples faces off like the ark of the covenant
>>
>>34632136
>you're a fuckup and socially retarded
I realize this.
>work on fixing that
There is no fixing it.
>>
>>34633113
>The exact details are cringey and I don't want to get into them
come on, cough up the story
>>
>>34633570
It's not really exciting or interesting, not even good quality cringe, just me genuinely feeling bad for her and saying things to try to make her feel better about herself while she was crying and screaming drunkenly about something that happened to her a year before. Apparently she got raped by her boss, but I have no idea what that had to do with me, and she didn't take it out on other men, just on me. I literally just became the dump for one woman's baggage for no apparent reason at all, except I guess I look like the kind of person you should take a shit on maybe.
>>
>>34633439
So it's no wonder that you're trying to convince everyone to behave as if they are the cancers you see them as. You think that people are what you think they are not what they think they are. Maybe the problem lies with your perception. Maybe you're the one who thinks they have it all figured out, when really you're in as much of a funk as the people you're trying to talk down to.
>>
>>34633658
Great discover Descartes. Yes, everything is terrible, everyone's lives are awful, and whatever we think exists only because we believe it to exist, it's all relative, blah blah, whatever. The world runs on narcissism, so learn how to make yours work for you instead of against you.
>>
>>34633630
I'm confused. When did you get accused of being a rapist?
>>
>you keep acting like you understand how everything in society works
No I don't. I'm in perpetual uncertainty and have never claimed otherwise. It's part of the reason I avoid talking to people.

>you would own that you're a fuckup and socially retarded
I do own up to being socially retarded. In human interaction there are too many variables, and everything is entangled. It's too difficult to feel out the shape of the formulas because they constantly change depending on context and history. The only way I can think to gain meaningful data and experience is to interact with many isolated groups of people, or to find someone with short term memory loss (so it would be kind of like Groundhog Day or 50 First Dates).

>work on fixing that instead of trying to walk outside and act like nothing's wrong with you even though the entire time you're screaming on the inside.
You don't know what my internal state is. I would describe it as rather boring, not "screaming".
>>
>>34633733
not at that time. she started telling everyone that I was a rapist after that. some people took years to bring it up with me, and no one asked me if I actually did rape someone.
>>
>>34633699
No that wasn't my point. My point was that your entire OP boils down to:
>why don't you just admit that what you actually are is how I see you? Why won't you lower your opinion of yourself to gratify my vision of reality/you?
You're the one who thinks everything is terrible, that everyone's lives are awful, and that everyone is awful. I didn't say any of that. I just said that I think you, specifically, are awful.
>>
>>34633832
this is a shitty discussion. you are terrible.
>>
>>34632330
Actually, i had a goal today that would talk to atleast one random person at the mall today, who wasn't a cashier. I failed.
Its the second time i fail at this now.
>>
>>34633981
You're a shitty person, and your thread is terrible. And you smell bed, I think you need to admit that to yourself. You should own up to the fact that you're in no place to give advice, and that your attempts at using emotional vulnerable robots to gratify your lifestyle make you a huge fucking faggot.

Like, I think you think you're something you're not, you know? Just be yourself.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.