[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you taken the most woke pill of all, the IndigoPill?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: Consciousness.jpg (191KB, 1675x942px) Image search: [Google]
Consciousness.jpg
191KB, 1675x942px
Are we as humans a collective consciousness or individual bodies of energy?

The way I see it is this. The universe is expanding, and that implies that there was a unified conjoined time when all matter was one and after the big bang we were all separated but we still contained that collective consciousness we all had, and we feel each other. It's called empathy and doctors, and scientists try to use logic to understand the illogical, that being emotions, but it's a result of our instincts reacting and trying to reach a point in time when we were all a unified collective consciousness.

For all you doubters:

Consciousness does exist; it is the only thing in the universe we can empirically prove unlike all of the creation, which can be an illusion, consciousness is not due to the fact that we are using it right now. You may say it's an illusion, but my consciousness would have to exist for it to delude me and the fact that I can experience consciousness implies that I am using it. There is a difference between understanding and knowing, and a mere human can only know his consciousness but we indigos, the only consciousness beings, can not only fully understand, or be on a path to understanding, consciousness. And the purpose of life is for us indigos is to raise the vibrations of the earth, and this feeling of purpose is our consciousness speaking to us. Also, But anyway time is a social construct and does not exist and is relative to everyone that experiences it.

We are against negative energy we are against negative vibes we are indigos. So calling all Indigos out there come and fulfil your duties.
>>
>>34629411
>Not even bogpilled

Do you know what board you are on you fucking hipster queef.. Conciousness is not real, go LARP on fucking reddit about this faggot shit
>>
>chad fills stacy with pleasurable sensations
>you raise the levels of her conscious vibrations
normies will never know indigo feels
>>
SHUT UP.

how do you know the universe is expanding? You don't know anything
>>
>>34629492
It is a measured phenomenon faggot.. dark energy expands the universe.. it is measured in the echo of the big bang

What do you believe in DOG or something?
>>
>>34629547
>It is a measured phenomenon faggot
measured from the outside world which can be false data. the only thing we can prove is conciousness as you yourself said.
>>
>>34629547
Thats just an illusion tho !!!!!!!!!
>>
>>34629586
IT IS A MEASURED PHENOMENON NOT MADE UP

HOW IS MEASURING SOMETHING MADE UP THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF MAKING A MEASUREMENT

If I had used observed or hypothesized then you could throw your retarded nuanced crap in my direction but the math is legitimate.. look it up.
>>
>>34629547
But how can it be measured if it's an illusion you autist?
>>
>>34629619
Dude, its not an illusion

How do you explain the temperature of infrared waves decreasing from the cosmic echo of the big bang which is traced across the observable universe.. Light waves frequency increases the further you go and decreases the closer you are to the original measurement..

What does that mean? Expansion. Go back to high school and put down the bullshit
>>
>>34629469
>Conciousness is not real
Yes it is you're using it right now

>>34629484
>normies will never know indigo feels
The indigo feel as you call it isn't about just pleasuring one's self but feeling connected to the collective.

>>34629492
see>>34629547

>>34629619
It could be not it is. What we indigos are trying to create is an ideal existence for ourselves, the collective.
>>
>>34629674
Consciousness
Explain
>>
>>34629674
Nah you just said it was an illusion. The only measurable thing is consciousness right? Actually, you're probably just an illusion too. My consciousness is making you up, and fuck you're retarded. I'm going to stop conjuring you now, you autist.
>>
>>34629619
This is also measured against Quasars who's light still hasn't reached us

The universe is an estimated I think its like 38 billion light years or something like that across.. Universe has existed for roughly 14 billion years.. they measure quasars light against background radiation, and can deduce a difference since all light travels at roughly the same speed you have a constant frequency and wavelength as well = constant energy
>>
>>34629674
We are the universe trying to understand itself.
It could be or not. What we indigos are trying to create is an ideal existence for ourselves, the collective.
>>
>>34629674
Oh now you know where the big bang happened?
>>
>>34629727
Excuse me

All light travels at constant speed except for superheated jets.. but that's another story for another day
>>
>>34629738
No but it has been measured from 10^-43 seconds. There is literal scientific proof from exactly that point..
>>
>>34629731
Humans are not the center of the universe

We are a cosmic accident

Just accept this and you will not be so gay

The only reason we are even alive is because of Jupiter anyway, and the earth was in just the right amount of distance from the sun for water to not be superheated or frozen so you know complex life could form

We are nothing more than a mistake
>>
Have you even been to outer space?
>>
>>34629776
You are the center of Your universe.
It's all you'll ever know~
>>
>>34629776
Some life forms don't depend on water.
>>
>>34629801
Whatever helps you sleep at night man

Honestly, I just try to find my person in life because that's all you have there is no meaning there is no after this "consciousness" can easily be broken down to how your brain learned how to adapt to its environment based on your genetics and surroundings.. We are just animals that have evolved to become extremely self aware due to having a cerebral cortex which all other species DO NOT have, and if they do its small..

>Cerebral cortex: Higher order processing
>>
>>34629776
>Humans are not the centre of the universe
We are all the centre of the universe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXsJtOQnTY

>We are a cosmic accident
No, we're not. Energy always existed and cannot be gained or lost, and so we are a manifestation of that energy.

>Just accept this, and you will not be so gay
What's wrong with being gay? Hate is negative energy.

I think these answer your other two points.
>>
>>34629812
Yeah, like bacteria and archea which are single celled organisms

Not anything that breathes oxygen though
>>
The big bang hasen't even been proven. Stop.
>>
>>34629826
Sorry dude we are on the outer edge of a completely arbitrary galaxy in the virgin super-cluster which is one of millions of others.. with billions of other "solar systems"

From a probability standpoint.. we got EXTREMELY lucky
>>
>>34629841
Yeah it has.. erhem, it actually has

Since all forces can technically be made equal there had to be an originating point from a singularity of infinite mass and infinite energy
>>
>>34629841
But there is good evidence for it. Also, it doesn't matter since the universe is expanding and we all once was a collective consciousness.

>Sorry dude we are on the outer edge of a completely arbitrary galaxy in the virgin super-cluster which is one of millions of others.. with billions of other "solar systems"
Didn't really engage the points made int the video. Maybe a sign?
>>
>>34629822
The problem I always have with this argument is that it can be described with chemistry, (neurons, DNA, evolution and all that), but consciousness is always waved away BECAUSE of that. That's no reason that consciousness can't exist. At the end of the day I don't see any proof that consciousness is something mundane. As far as we can tell, it's the most bizarre thing we know of.
>>
>>34629865
No I just don't believe in things that are designed to give my life meaning when I know inherently that there isn't any.. you know all the elements on earth are forged in the stars right?
>>
>>34629883
The only reason I write it off is because humanity is no different than an evolved form of species which would make sense considering we have survived and "learned" for so long

Everything you experience can be explained as neurochemical reactions without these transmissions there is no life.. Sure there are complex associations and hundreds and trillions of different individual neuronal communications but that's as far as I am willing to take that one
>>
>>34629884
>No I just don't believe in things that are designed to give my life meaning
Stubbornness will get you nowhere. I doubt even you believe that because if you really thought there was no point in life, then what's stopping from committing suicide and stop living clearly you still have hope and feel like you have a purpose.

>you know all the elements on earth are forged in the stars right?
We are the universe trying to understand itself and an manifestations of energy.
>>
Puh-leaz we cant even figure out how to cure a cold.
>>
>>34629929
The universe can't understand itself though, don't you see how that is putting humans in control of something so unfathomably complex that you couldn't even begin to understand in one lifetime alone?

Just because you can believe in something doesn't make it "accurate" sort of like the whole believing in god thing. You can say he's there, but you certainly can't PROVE it
>>
>>34629909
>Everything you experience can be explained as neurochemical reactions without these transmissions there is no life
It can be described that way but it certainly doesn't explain what consciousness is. Chemical reactions happen far more often with no signs of it happening. And this all from some theorized proto-RNA strands, nothing more intelligent than any other chemicals, that slowly became lifelike. It's too weird for me to say that's the end of it, just electrical signals. Our computers, internet, power grids, our whole planet has tons of complicated electrical signals, what makes that any different? It's just too soon to say.
>>
>>34629929
The idea is to discover what is there, what information you can learn from how nature operates and reacts to your presence.. you aren't nature itself

If you want to believe in something, look to understanding nature.. not yourself. You are insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and I mean extremely insignificant.. you are just another tiny tiny tiny occurrence in an occurrence of billions.. you can have all the purpose you want in life and feel good about it.

But it doesn't make it mean anything, maybe to you and you only, but not the universe at large
>>
>>34629411
consciousness is a spook :^)
>>
>>34629962
The brain makes it complicated dude.. the brain has barely even been studied other than finding out minor and simple functions because neuronal connections and associations made from subject to subject are so individualized and so complex that generalizing it to a population is near impossible

Your brain is more powerful than any man made supercomputer that could ever exist and a lot of people take that shit for granted because your brain is designed to filter out like 85% of incoming information so you can pay attention to what is in front of you

Power grids and computers are simple elementary and understood parts with laws attached to them that are designed to work a certain way by our own brains..
>>
>>34629411

So OP what should someone like me who has cleared depression but still has no reason to live be doing with my life, because suicide seems like a relatively good option sometimes.
>>
>>34630014
>that could ever exist
doubt
We came from nothing, so why can't a computer become sentient?
>>
>>34630027
Because we made computers man they only exist because of us.. how does that relate to the universe at all again?
>>
>>34630018
Dieing sucks. You have a good enough life that you have internet. So deal. Live and eat ice cream and be content.
>>
>>34630035
If we're only chemicals, nothing more, then there's no reason we can't create sentience.
>>
>>34629954
>The universe can't understand itself though
We are the universe "Trying" to understand itself.

>don't you see how that is putting humans in control of something so unfathomably complex
Not in control but rather a part of. We don't even fully understand the brain, but that does not conclude that we do not have brains we are merely the universe trying to understand itself.

>>34629986
>The idea is to discover what is there, what information you can learn from how nature operates and reacts to your presence
Yes, I agree, and that is what were doing with even the human brain.

>If you want to believe in something, look to understanding nature
And us understanding nature is understanding ourselves.

>You are insignificant in the grand scheme of things
What we will become after is another manifestation of energy and just become something else, e.g., a planet, solar system or galaxy. But what we truly are as indigos are the collective consciousness.

>So OP what should someone like me who has cleared depression but still has no reason to live be doing with my life, because suicide seems like a relatively good option sometimes.
Ok, god question. First, of all we must understand the sources of all sadness and attack it at the root and when it comes to things like depression we must know that it is not something we can cure with medicine but rather a lack of positive vibes and high negative energy and so to combat this we would meditate, look deep within ourselves and find that connection with the collective consciousness. Once you have found it and know your purpose doing your duties will be the most fulfilling thing you'll ever do in your life. Feel free to ask more questions in case I said something you didn't understand. And remember someone who knows his purpose would never commit suicide since he knows he has a duty to fulfil.
>>
>>34629411
My Egopill:

So there's different points of time. Let's say time is a line. An object that appears at any given point then linearly progresses.

Consciousness is an amazing machine that is capable of sustaining itself (and it does!) for at least ~80 years after being created in ANY point of time.

The side effects of conscious machine's endurance is the requirement to adapt and record the surrounding environment to avoid dangers and use the easily available resources.
>>
>>34630018
darn, forgot to link you here >>34630093
>>
>>34630082
Do you know how the brain works

No.

Therefore you can't, you can't manufacture those types of reactions without understanding them.. then placing them into an algorithm.. yeah its not going to work.
>>
>>34630133
But why can't we learn someday? If it's just chemical reactions it doesn't matter how complex it is, with enough work we can figure it out and recreate it. If anything you're agreeing with me, first of all I said you can't rule out consciousness existing because we don't know how the brain works. Secondly, I think the key to learning about consciousness is that you have to study the patterns of the reactions, model the shapes and paths of the neural networks, sort of metaphysics, to get some clues about what makes consciousness. Third, I think when we do, we'll see those patterns are something as natural as the passage of time that we can't recreate.
>>
>>34630110
>My Egopill:
No ego just truth

>The side effects of conscious machine's endurance is the requirement to adapt and record the surrounding environment to avoid dangers and use the easily available resources.
It is also very important when wanting to get to know our place in the collective consciousness.
>>
>>34630428
Well I want to get there anon. It's a long road though and I just felt like sharing my wild speculations
>>
>>34629411
Indigo Pill is the absolutely worst one.
>>34629547
Dark Energy is an illusion. Einstein's theory - which wasn't his - needs to be corrected.
>>
>>34630487
>Indigo Pill is the absolutely worst one.
Why do you think so?
>>
>trying to argue astrophysics without mathematics

Imagine you're trying to bake a cake that is what you think the correct way a cake shouldbe made, but you have no ingredients so you can only imagine what this cake is going to be like.

Then there are the cake bakers who toil away all their lives in bakeries with access to any ingredients they want, they spend years trying to make the perfect cake and have repeatedly had a cake come to them from another successful baker that superceeds what they thought was the best cake at the time. They can feel, taste and smell what the cakes they create are like and always improve on these qualities to make their cakes better and better.

You have no cake, you can only imagine what your cake would be like, but you have no ingredients to actually try to make the cake and see if it comes out like how you're imagining it is. In fact, you wouldn't even know if it came out right because you have never smelt what a cake should smell like, you don't know what "flour" or "eggs" are, and have no knowledge of what they feel or smell like when combined together. Worded interpretations of astrophysics are bad enough, but linking those flawed interpretations to neuroscience is a special kind of retard.
>>
>>34630496
The first one was better
>>
>>34630496
I feel as though you haven't really responded with the points that I made. One thing I understand is that not everyone has a PhD in mathematics and so to make it understandable to all and so I use simple logic to get everyone to understand.
>>
>>34630112

yeah but that's the thing, there's no purpose for me I have been looking for over 10 years.
>>
>>34630518

I'm an autist, I'm not happy with either.

>>34630532

>I feel as though you haven't really responded with the points that I made

Yeah, because you have no cake, no ingredients, nothing that anyone can actually respond to with significance.
>>
File: santa claus.png (592KB, 560x628px) Image search: [Google]
santa claus.png
592KB, 560x628px
>>34629411
>IndigoPill
>this dumb ass hippy shit again

You're ONE more thread from getting perma-filtered.
>>
>>34630532
Well the problem is he won't because there is no data on the topic, so it's not scientific. You're not talking about pseudo-science really though, more of a philosophical argument if anything, unless you claim it will stand up to the scientific process. The thing about science on cognition is it's very crude at the moment and it's my personal opinion that you need philosophy with it.
>>
>>34630495
A, because it isn't Emerald Pill.
B, because it effectively furthers the plans of the archons/elite/whoever-wants-a-one-world-government.
>>
>>34630575
Fall in love and have children. Trust me I was in the same situation you was in, and I always thought that the reason why I'm sad is that life has no purpose, but then I discovered that I just lack the positive energy that in secreted when one falls in love.

>>34630593
I'm not trying to prove physics or astrophysics but rather something that cannot be proved with science which is our place in the collective consciousness. Also, consciousness is not tangible, and so we can only prove it by experiencing it, and the fact that we are using it now proves it exists.

>>34630608
Well, if you're are talking about consciousness then that most definitely exists since we are using it now. But yeah this is more philosophical backed with science.

>because it effectively furthers the plans of the archons/elite/whoever-wants-a-one-world-government.
If these people want to raise the positive vibrations in the world. Let us come to know the true collective consciousness and bring world peace can they be all that bad?
>>
>>34630687
>Well, if you're are talking about consciousness then that most definitely exists since we are using it now. But yeah this is more philosophical backed with science.
"I think, therefore I am"
Pure philosophy, but anyways I'm out take care indigobot
>>
>>34630723
Bingo and namaste.
>>
Why do you assume that conciousness is a positive thing? You may prove that conciousness is clearly existing, but you still have to prove that it is a good thing for conciousness to exist instead of its opposite. Also, if everything is conciousness then tree, grass,mountains and stars are conciousness. Why would human conciousness be more important in the great scheme of things than the conciousness of say a star or galaxy? Even if conciousness exists you still havent proved that human conciousness is reserved a special or important spot in the great scheme of being

In summary: 1) there is no proof that being conscious is better than not being concious
2)there is no proof that human conciousness has been asigned a special rol to play in the destiny of the universe
>>
>>34630532
>Not everyone has a phd in mathematics
You in particular are not educated in physics and shouldnt preach to others out of ignorance and philosophical mumbo jumbo you came across in your new age source material.You are spreading ignorance, one should be silent about what one ignores, one should not pretend to be in possesion of scientific certainty just to make his point seem more persuasive, one should talk clearly and not use obscure terminology for the sake of being perceived as deep

Do you actually believe in what you preach? Then go meditate in solitude and dont go arround provoking controversy just because you like to think of yourself as a preacher of truth

If such thing as truth existed it would be not preached in this way, that is obvious, except for you since your perception of reality is clouded by a fog of meaningless terminology, wishful thinking and novice metaphysics presenting itself as clear, evident, scientific reasoning
>>
>>34629411

You have done a mediocre job of spitting out a pseudointellectual parroting of a parody of an imitation of a repetitive rerun of a mimicked half ass version of other people's thoughts and words.

I've actually seen 11 year olds do a better rendition.

No shit.

I've seen an 11 year old girl give this same hackneyed bullshit diatribe, and her version was FAR superior to yours

You even added your effeminate telltale STAR TREK faggotry fingerprint by calling emotion 'illogical'

So.....

Lil boy.....

Shut it
>>
>>34629411
>my consciousness

You're just an advanced robot. You're all just advanced robots and I'm the only conscious one. Faggot.
>>
THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS :

Only one person in this thread has ever gotten laid.
>>
>>34631057
this guy isn't even funny anymore

stop posting and get a hobby, man
>>
>>34630987
>I've seen an 11 year old girl give this same hackneyed bullshit diatribe, and her version was FAR superior to yours
What did they say? I love hearing other indigos talk about how they explain their rendition of consciousness.
>>
>>34629411
>there was a unified conjoined time when all matter was one
There was no time. Time didn't exist because the universe was static and a singularity. For time to exist you need the state of the universe to change.

>after the big bang we were all separated but we still contained that collective consciousness we all had
That's a bad way of thinking about it. Your ego doesn't matter. Everything "you" think you are is emergent. "You" are actually a collection of matter that happened to be in the right places at the right time. That matter was around in some form since the beginning of time and will be around in another form for as long as matter exists.

>Consciousness does exist; it is the only thing in the universe we can empirically prove
How can you prove you're conscious? Because you perceive yourself as being conscious? If you actually pay attention to your thoughts you'll quickly realize your brain lies to you constantly. In fact "perception" is your brain creating a kind of narrative so you can make sense of your surroundings and function. For all you know you could be a Boltzmann brain that thinks it's conscious. We could also be in a a universe where everything is determined, such as a simulation. How would you know that though? You were programmed to believe you're conscious. have free will. There's no way to empirically prove consciousness exists. We just assume we and everyone else is.

>my consciousness would have to exist for it to delude me
Say we lived in a superdeterministc universe. That means everything was set in stone from the beginning of time. Think of it like dominos, one falls, the next falls and it causes a chain reaction. If that's that's how the universe works then you have no consciousness, just the false perception of having one.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.