[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point if we're all going to die anyway?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

What's the point if we're all going to die anyway?
>>
To enjoy life. To see the life of my lifetime.

I support everything above me.
>>
It's the journey not the destination
>>
>>34622651
There is no point, doesn't mean you shouldn't try to live
>>
>>34622671
>>34622685
>>34622699
but what if the journey is also just shit? like halfway through and the journey has been fucking awful, what then?
>>
>>34622718

Smoke some weed and reset.
>>
lulz its all about the lulz
>>
There isn't one, not a specific one at least,
if anything it's probably to just try and enjoy yourself as much as you can.
That's not really much to hold on to though.
>>34622718
suicide
>>
>>34622718
You want non-existence?
>>
>>34622651
I cannot control what happens after my death or if it will be meaningful, but I can control what I do until it comes. The end of the rollercoaster is never the most fun part of the ride.
>>
>>34622671
What if life is completely empty and joyless? My life feels like a burning building just waiting for collapse
>>
>>34622756
figured
>>34622766
if non-existence eliminates the problems of existence, then yes.
>>
>>34622651
We have to evolve until we reach the perfect being that was once banished.
>>
>>34622787
It will and you won't be able to miss life but there will be people that miss you
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (110KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
110KB, 640x480px
>>34622651
Just think of it this way.
We're all penis transportation devices.
>>
>>34622718
If some things in your life are shit, there can be a myriad of reasons for that. If your whole life is shit, only you are to blame for it.

Try to do what you want to do for once. And I don't necessarily mean you should indulge in full hedonism, but it's still a legit path. Whatever floats your boat.
If you're still unhappy after doing what you want with your life, then use the experience to become wiser and pick something else. Theoretically speaking, only two things are fully capable of stopping you for good: death and yourself. And you're still alive, so there's only one enemy left.
>>
>>34622804
Seems like humanity as a whole is declining though. Natural selection is no longer in affect and deleterious genes are flooding the gene pool. They only way to advance would be a catastrophic wiping out a ton of people allowing for the best to survive and reproduce
>>
>>34622651
All things come to an inevitable end,you choose if you want to live in a basement or living life to the fullest, i guess
>>
>>34622858
What if you've run out of possibilities? It's not as simple as "do what u wanna" because of things like
>money
>education
>health
>disability
And these are just a few things. Education can maybe be improved which would lead to money being solved, but even then Education isn't free in a lot of places beyond High school.

>>34622849
I wouldn't really know if there are those people.
>>
>>34622918
Think about this, no more new films. No more of your favorite activity. No more new anime. etc
>>
>>34622891
The game is rigged against us, but the apple allowed us to break the rules and make ourselves the perfect beings through genetic engineering.
>>
>>34622949
But aren't these things simply a distraction? If you're not enjoying anything outside of those parameters is that okay?
>>
If you want a serious answer to that question go read the Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus.
>>
There is no point, don't get so hung up on all of it and do what you'd like since it isn't going to matter anyways. Or don't, it doesn't make a difference.
>>
>>34622979
People try to make you feel bad for not enjoying things outside of those parameters but those people probably also think god exists and that there's a purpose to life
>>
>>34622718
The answer is substance abuse
>>
>>34623025
I like the way you worded this, and you lifted my spirits some, thanks anon.
>>
>>34622918
There's a way to -almost- anything. Any big goal can be broke down into small objectives you need to accomplish in order to reach your objective.

In a sense, achieving great things in life is akin to programming. When you want to create something, looking at it as a whole is always overwhelming. However, every complex system is just a sum of simpler parts working in harmony with each other. That's why you abstract yourself and your work from the huge picture and look deep into the details and how to achieve THEM, piece by piece, and how to link every piece together.
You could argue that most life goals have a fair amount of unpredictability and external interference, and that's legit. However, it's harder for eventualities to mess up your work when you're going through compact, low-complexity steps, as they're easier to handle. And facing hardships, and defeating them, accounts for half the sense of fulfillment.
>>
Blackpill thread?

Drugs and neural advancements are the point OP!

Take a few adderall and wait out the days until you can fully hook into the net.
>>
>>34622891
That's retarded
Humanity doesn't need natural selection to progress, we can do it ourselves now
Think of people like Stephen Hawking who definitively should not be alive but it is a good thing that they are because they help advance humanity so much. Great minds aren't always on healthy bodies and what's going to ascend humanity is great minds.
Nature is just a fluke really, it isn't that great. It coils around itself way too much. Only humans will progress because we were lucky to have the ability to control our progress
>>
there is no point, don't take life too seriously
>>
>>34623092
I will make an attempt at this. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>34623111
And another think, thinking "the best" are the ones who get to reproduce is just naive. Reproduction most of the time ends up being a very opportunistic thing. Like I said, nature is a fluke. If you think you can rely on it for anything, especially for progress, then you're blind with hope
>>
>>34622891
I think humanity has a chance if we can achieve a certain technological threshold before the barbarian hordes manage to overrun and break down society. AI, gene editing, cloning or artificial wombs, true labor (or combat) robots. I think what you will see over the next few hundred years is an increasingly tiny technocratic elite and an increasingly massive, rowdy brown skinned rabble. The elite will isolate and then attempt some sort of mass extinction event to clear out the rabble who are rendered useless by automation. You can already sort of see this with Monsanto GMOs and Bill Gates' African immunization program both of which are probably eugenics programs to sterilize mass numbers. There's a chance that technocratic elite won't advance technology quickly enough and the lesser peoples end up dominating government through sheer numbers, ushering in a new (Islamic) dark ages. Even Elon Musk has commented publicly that the future of humanity is facing a rapidly approaching hard fork mostly because the undesirable populations are fucking exploding out of control.
>>
>>34623111
>progress
>currently in the form of bleeding the world dry of all resources to make cheap, shitty apple watches that end up in landfills at the end of every year

What progress faggot? We've devolved into a consumer driven society run by retards and jews
>>
What's the point if op is a huge faggot every single time?
>>
>>34623132
Godspeed, Anon. Wherever you are and whatever you try to do, I'm cheering for you.
>>
>>34623203
Are you literally underage? Cause if you aren't literally underage there's no excuse for posting that shit shitpost you just shitposted
>>
>>34623203
To be fair, he didn't specifically say it was good progress.
We have progressed, just further towards the death of the planet or w/e
>>
>>34623239
Screw the planet desu we're here to serve ourselves
We won't let it die completely anyway, all our stuff is in here
>>
>>34622651
To one day create a race of machine-gods that transcend life and death.
>>
There is no meaning to life, as we all contribute to the ruthless, slave-like cycle, that is life. It is only something that just "happened". It has no significance in the universe, and neither does anything else, for the matter. I don't understand why people think life is beautiful/great. Emotions are only chemical reactions in our brain that occur when it is introduced to certain types of stimuli. Hence, they do not exist, as the universe has no dictionary. So why don't humans just all die off? The answer is simple: Humans are too self-centered to stop and think that their life doesn't matter, no matter how much they reproduce. Eventually, the universe will be completely barren of all life. There is no point to anything, so why even live?
>>
>>34623286
>Hence, they do not exist,

Of course they exist
They are chemical reactions and chemicals exist, therefore, emotions exist
>>
>>34622651
to get (you)s

>tfw no one will reply to this
>>
>>34623372
Have hope my attention whoring friend
>>
>>34622651
Would there really be more of a point if it didn't end?
>>
>>34623317
What I was trying to say was that the emotions themselves do not exist, as there is no universal definition for them. For example, one humans perception of "happiness" could be far different from someone else's.
>>
>>34623455
Probably, yes
The options would be literally endless, you could always pursue a new goal after being done with your current one, so with endless goals there's endless purpose
>>
>>34623286
Meaning is what is meant by something. Only humans can have/imbue meaning so unless the universe was created with a purpose obviously it's going to be meaningless.
>Why live
Well only humans can give meaning, so only humans can answer this question. There is no why to living. There is no reason to live. There never was. So why are you so upset about it now? There is no reason to die either. It's all up to you.
>>
>>34623496
Are you forever trapped in a cycle of wanting and getting though?
>>
the point is to distract you from wanting to kill yourself
>>
>>34623476
I don't think that's true
Happiness is a thing that exists whether it is called happiness or not
So maybe one person will feel one thing and call it happiness and another will feel another different thing and call it happiness, but when they feel the same thing they'll be feeling the same thing whether they name it the same or not.
That feeling exists, even if you don't know what it's called, you still experienced it, it's still real, a real part of the universe reacting
>>
>>34623496
What about boredom? In addition to doing more, would you not eventually cease to care about the things you initially set out to accomplish? If you achieve something, what difference does it make if you can look at it forever or not?
>>
>>34623541
I wouldn't call it trapped but yes I guess? Of the system worked why would you need anything else
>>
>>34622718
Fuck the "rules" of society and just do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>34623572
>would you not eventually cease to care about the things you initially set out to accomplish?

You would
And that's when you'd set out to accomplish something else
And boredom would fuel people a lot
There would be all sorts of crazy shit going on I think
The universe would be deciphered by sheer brute force
Human life would make itself limitless
>>
>>34623229
>can't come up with a logical counterargument
>calling other people underage

Ever hear of irony, retard?
>>
>>34623783
So you're 16 huh
>>
Why watch a movie if it's going to end anyway.
>>
>>34623885
>continuing to ignore the argument at hand
>throwing out ad hominems like a child

You too
>>
>>34623896
Because I want to see how it ends? What kind of stupid ass analogy is that?
>>
>>34622651

"Life is like a bus ride in hell going to hell while eating a piece of shit"
>>
>>34623896
Did you think this post through?
>>
>>34623957
>>34624291
I think it's a bit early for summer posting.
>>
I'm so tired. I'm always sore, please kill me.
>>
>>34622651
Read shakespear. You arent the first to ponder this and wont be the last
>>
>>34622651
The point is to find a purpose. The trouble is finding out what your purpose is.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.